Author: Yassine

Total: 327
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@disgusted
Why would anyone think anything else except to pacify their fear of death? What has anyone seen or experienced that would suggest otherwise.
I don't fear death whatever it may be... i would say the belief i have would just be my most preferred outcome. Whatever the outcome is... i have a bring it mentality, even if that mentality isn't realized, it's realized while i'm alive. And "what has anyone seen or experienced" well... that's too complicated to answer since i don't know everyone. For myself, i have enough experiences to suggest i 'may' be right... but who knows. 

If your belief is a choice then it's not a belief, it's a method of pacification.
Now we're just playing semantics. I choose to believe in what i would consider to be the most preferable outcome. That's really all it is. "Believe" in this sense means i am choosing one over the others more so. So, yes, there is one outcome i prefer over all other outcomes... that doesn't mean i don't believe the other outcomes aren't possible. But, I just know my preferred outcome isn't impossible... and not by faith either, by examining, thinking, reasoning, and some experiences mixed in with it... i am, lets say.. optimistic i may be right about "my" outcome.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@secularmerlin
Going from I saw a pendant spinning once to I don't believe in death is quite a leap. How do you justify this leap given the actual evidence?
I can concede all of my experience don't necessarily point towards one definitive thing, answer or platform. However, the way they've progressed through my experiencing them throughout my life and the consistency in the details they cover gives me enough clues to at the very least suspect some things... and that's "if" i am saying they are somehow transcendent. If they are, i've had a lot of experiences where i have predicted or felt death before it's happened... or felt it after it just happened without knowledge of the person that died. Since these deaths are very personal... i won't share these experience except to tell you i've had this kind of experience too. 

So, one conclusion that can be drawn... if we're going the "supernatural" route, is that maybe there is another dimension after someone dies. They pass over to something that transcends what we can see. Also, predicting it before its happened suggests something like, i don't know, i created myself here so i know what this experience will be. I mean, these are all just clues that i can piece together if i'm going the "maybe it's spiritual" route. Now that's my argument from experience. 

Seeing a pendant spinning when no one is there spinning it suggest at the very least something i cannot see that is there and it can answer commands. Again, this is if we are going the supernatural route. This one doesn't really answer the question of "death" ... bc it can simply be entities that we can't see but we aren't a part of. 

So, it's more my other experiences that suggest the death thing... but, since they are personal, i don't share those ones. But even in the one's i've shared... one explanation is something on the lines of aliens that are in an extra dimension we can't see that can interact with this world. One other explanation would be it's people that have died that are interacting with this world. This is primarily why i'm agnostic. There are so many things it can be.  

In the end of the day, i'll admit some experience do influence my 'death isn't an end' view. But in addition to that, it's a lot of other people's experiences i've heard that contribute to it too. Not only that (although my opinion is it's probable), just some reasoning and logic should at the very least show it's not impossible. 

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Yassine
Atheists have no questions they know everything. Catch up, they are not here to debate. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Than you can piss off and go to some other forum. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Than you can piss off and go to some other forum. 
Who even wants you here? You have nothing to bring to this site apart from your vulgar language.
You must be insecure if you are one who is starting the conflict. If you can't even control yourself here I can't even imagine what you are like in real life. Highly doubt you are like this outside the internet since I have a feeling you are a coward. You can't stand up to people outside the internet then you use that frustration here due to how pathetic you are outside the internet.
Keeping talking trash. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I will be flagging every post of yours since you are obviously a sock puppet. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Go right ahead. You started this altercation and I am not the one increasing it. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't need your permission you fucking douche bag. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I don't need your permission you fucking douche bag. 
Did you do it before I said something? I am sure you did.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Maybe you should have thought about what you posted and you wouldn't need the sock puppet, dip shit. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Maybe you should have thought about what you posted and you wouldn't need the sock puppet, dip shit. 
Why would I get banned when you are the one starting the conflict and escalating it? 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Whatever pussy sock puppet. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I think there is more enough material that I flagged to ban you. Do you have anything else to say? 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Anything else? You are repeating yourself. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Do not threaten her with mod action, you will get things backfiring onto you. Report it and do not say you are. Don't ask me why, those are the rules.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Guess you must be copying the same reply. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Do not threaten her with mod action, you will get things backfiring onto you. Report it and do not say you are. Don't ask me why, those are the rules.
Her?
Not mod action. I hope with flagging her someone will find it to get her banned. 
Why can't I say when she says it?
Where are the rules? 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
How un-original.

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
I like how this person's in another thread, at least one more actually, complaining that atheists here don't want debate, but this is the sum total of her musings and debating. Namecalling and persecution complex. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
She is breaking rules. 

In case you didn't know where the rules were, I'll link you:

This thread will also help you get more slang and intricate 'street-smart' knowledge about the site to a larger degree:
https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/346

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Just because your enemy isn't being punished immediately isn't reason to break the rules yourself, I promise you this website isn't anarchic as it was in its origin and things will be dealt with in time. It is not up to me to say how soon or how severe and the mods can't publicly state it either.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
That is a lot to read. I'll get to it. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Your criticism of it lacking what makes a thread lock-worthy has been taken on board and the mods, myself and the Admin and a couple others are working on it, it will probably come down to a vote via MEEP-thread in some weeks.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
Don't worry Bsh will tell Castin and she will tell you. And you know it, prick. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I understand, was just trying to help.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@RationalMadman
I didn't say it in the bad way.