Should Bsh1 be replaced as head mod if mods were selected democratically?

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 68
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
You can sit there laughing
Trust me when I say that moderating DART is in no way a bundle of laughs.

Moderating DART is a lot of dealing with people who are angry at being punished or being caught violating site rules (dealing with angry people is in no way fun or humorous). There is also a lot of dealing with spurious, petty, or ridiculous allegations, disagreements, or reports, and a lot of wearily repetitive sifting through report after report. Then, every so often, it's dealing with a thread accusing you of being incompetent, dishonest, unfeeling, immoral, dumb, or some combination thereof. And there are also the scary moments when people threaten you with doxxing or say that they're going to commit suicide, sending you into a panic as you try to make sure they're alright. So no, I would not say this job is particularly laugh-inducing; if anything, it's the exact opposite. I do the job because I believe I can make a positive impact on this community; I don't do it for the laughs.

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
This thread isn't about you having no reason to struggle, it's about the fact that you are. Not everyone who is bad at their job is bad at it for reasons that are impossible to explain. You want sympathy? Alright, you no doubt got it, you're a hardworking thick-skinned amazing ninja of moderating according to people like Ramshutu and Oromagi. You can get sympathy all you want. Nice one, if I fight you on it I look like a dick and if I don't you seem like you justified all the reasons you fail as a mod. I don't see how you have to deal with people more angry and unhappy than virt does, since everyone on the religions forum has learned to go to him or Castin instead of you as well as many users like me learning the same on much more complex moderating matters like MAR.

You can keep sitting here, preaching how you're a hard-done-by fantastic human being doing such an unpleasant job, but the truth of the matter is Virt never ever would complain like this and he is doing all the work you're pretending to. You are not dealing with the people, Virtuoso is. The reason you get more anger from them is not actually because you're the chief moderator taking all the flack for the repercussions on them; it's because you are so insensitive and lacking in coherent application of justice so they always feel misunderstood and mistreated and lash out at you verbally in the PMs as you tell them things in a severely cold tone after weeks of ignoring them and only Virtuoso showing them a shred of understanding. They probably get even more angry because you often go hardest on them when Virtuoso is showing most understanding and you go softest on them when Virtuoso finally has promised the victim that punishment will be given out. Sometimes you do a bit of both in a lesser way; two-way restraining orders where you don't send a slightly kind or understanding message to the much-more-abused party or explanation that it's for their own protection until they whine at you (rightfully so).

You do not deserve your job position because of the hardness of the position or unpleasant people you need to deal with, that is not how this works. Good try at making me seem like the bad guy though.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
This thread isn't about you having no reason to struggle, it's about the fact that you are.
I don't understand how, on the one hand, you can accuse me of finding moderation to be a laugh-fest, and then say this. It's contradictory on its face.

These challenges indicate that moderation is in no way a laugh-fest, but do not indicate that I am struggling. Rather, that I am responsive to these issues (particularly that I am dealing with them instead of avoiding them, as you would seem to suggest I am doing) and that I am on top of reports suggests that I am doing fairly well in my position.

If you feel or believe differently, that is certainly your prerogative. I disagree. I believe my record speaks for itself. Feel free to continue to debate and discuss that record (also your prerogative), but, in the meantime, I will continue to be doing the job you accuse me of shirking. I don't really have anything else to add, unless you have some specific questions which are not meant simply to entrap.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
You don't find moderation funny, you find people like me trying to point out things you're performing underwhelming in or doing wrong as the thing to laugh at. The problem is that for the first time ever, you properly replied to a thread like this and have proven me wrong on that so now the comment is negated but I still hold all the other points which you will say is apparently faulty logical heuristics which really just means you think I'm a fool who can't process logic but you're wrong.

The only problem is that you will likely keep your position, at least for 2 weeks more, but honestly I don't take a single thing here back. You can think you're great if you want, it's not my issue what you think of yourself and I always will have people hating on me for being so sure of myself and ready to confront you like this but in the end the Ramshutus and Supadudz's of this site won't have your back the longer you prove to displease everyone else. 
ResurgetExFavilla
Debates: 0
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@Vader
I like that

Together we will heal the Great Schism and then expel the retards from DART.
SamStevens
SamStevens

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@Vader
We don't need people like you trying to take over the website and cry and bitch when they don't get their way

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@SamStevens