Topic's posts

Posts in total: 37
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 29
    Forum posts: 11,133
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    I am currently working on a TV series where it describes the teenage life and all it's stupid shit and a lot of it's shit in a funny comedy.

Should I continue to pursue this and post some of my scripts on DART, or should I give up on it?

I would like your advice

Thanks,
    SupaDudz
  • TheRealNihilist
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    Debates: 44
    Forum posts: 4,909
    TheRealNihilist avatar
    TheRealNihilist
    --> @SupaDudz
    If you are good at something. Make money off it.

Basically if you think you are really good sell your script or use it to advance your career as a writer.

• Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Debates: 42
    Forum posts: 1,725
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @SupaDudz
    Don’t post them on dart or anywhere online. You open yourself up to a whole host of legal related issues, and it’s a pretty good chance it will never go anywhere - even if what you write is awesome.

If it’s a weird or esoteric comedy, you have to be an exceptionally good writer for it to go anywhere and more work than you can fathom unless you ligerally luck out with open submission.  If it’s a middle of the road fox comedy, or Nickelodeon canned laughter and it’s kinda funny - it may help you as part of a portfolio to get a job writing - but that’s still hard.

My knowledge is more novel related, but I’ve written a few scripts before - years back - they’re easier to write than novels, but much harder to sell to an agent or a production house - and you’re much more likely to be using them to get a job writing for another show. But I will tell you now, the process of writing, and laughing to yourself reading your own work is the only fun part about it - and as an exercise in time wasting - it’s totally worth doing.

• SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
    I always love writing and creating my own scripts. It has always been a passion of mine to something along those lines
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
    What scripts have you written?
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @SupaDudz
    I would highly recommend writing scripts, worst case you feel better. Even if you decide not to show it to anyone, I always found writing pretty cathartic. It’s useful as a project and it is possible, if you’re good, to make a living at it. I would definitely keep at it - but would only share you work with people you trust. Just make sure that if there’s anything you’d super proud of, print it - mail it to yourself and keep the unopened envelope, I’ve heard some horror stories.

I’ve written a few scripts - none for a few years, all comedy only ever in the UK - and this was about 10 years ago.

• SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
     all comedy only ever in the UK - and this was about 10 years ago.
    Did your work get published in the UK?
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @SupaDudz
    In terms of scripts - yes, but not directly, and not for a long time, and not for a meaningful duration. I’ll state right now, that I’m not famous, you won’t have heard of me, I highly doubt you’ve seen or read anything I’ve done though it’s possibke - and it’s not my main profession. 

I would consider myself a fairly avid writer, and have some experience going through a similar writing process when I was much younger, and thought I’d share a bit of what would have helped me. I was always a novel writing type of guy - so my first advice would always be to write a novel.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
    im planning writing a novel too when I find time to do so. For now I am working on scripts
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
    some day i would i like to see what you have written

• Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @SupaDudz
    Kinda hard right now - the only stuff that wouldn’t dox myself is the other side of the Atlantic.

I could always improv it. Give me a random Dart user, a location and a situation :P

• SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @Ramshutu
    Sure

RM and Bsh1 in a car and Lil Pump comes on the radio
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 302
    Forum posts: 8,991
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    Why the fuck Lil Pump how dare you even suggest I would not turn the radio off.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    Its a humor sketch lol
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @SupaDudz
    Why on the radio and not RMs back?
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Ramshutu
    If you made that comment about a female member with a straight male mod, people wouldn't be laughing, that is direct abuse.
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @RationalMadman
    I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t have a sense of humour and isn’t capable of laughing at themselves.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Ramshutu
    You shouldn't trust me, grudge-voting snide-remark-making enemy of mine.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    Everyone is an enemy to you
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    I have 37 on-site friends officially and would say almost all of them are not my enemies on this website.
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @RationalMadman
    You shouldn't trust me, grudge-voting snide-remark-making enemy of mine.
    Given that I’ve now issued challenge number 3 for you to debate on the resolution that I am unfairly voting against you, and you appear to have chickened out on debating me on it twice - and likely will for a third time - I’ll just assume that as you’re all mouth and no trousers, you know that these little angry accusations are out of bitterness and stingy, salty internet tears.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Ramshutu
    Debating is about painting the truth based on blatant evidence, not about reaching the actual truth or remotely considering 'clues'. Until you realise the difference between debating as a sport and reasoning to find truth, you'll simply remain confused about the truth (or alternatively will become a worse debater).
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    Ok then Mr. "Love and Caring"
  • Ramshutu
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu avatar
    Ramshutu
    --> @RationalMadman
    Debate is about using facts together with arguments to prove a point.

If you’re not brave enough to debate a topic, you either do not have enough facts, or you don’t have a good enough argument.

If you don’t have a good enough argument, or good enough facts - you shouldn’t make accusations.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Ramshutu
    Facts don't mean anything if up against widely respected lies in formal debating. I know this because I know that even though I believe certain things, there's debates where I will always want the opposite side to what I believe/know as the other side has the widely respected sources and beliefs.

I know for a fact that if I did agree with the user 'somebody' on viruses not existing that I always would have accepted that debate as Con and won anyway without any shame. 

Your current resolution says 'RN' and I cannot prove a grudge, I can only prove blatant flaws in the RFD's that still enable them to pass as valid on the CoC filtering of 'bad votes'. The grudge is a conclusion based on inference of 'facts' not of widely respected conclusions from the widely respected facts.