donald trump is trying to kill you

Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 172
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
There really is something about making it a real part of life that is inspiring, and people only learn things the easy way if they are willing to take the initiative. 
The thing is children imagine many things so to say this is out of their bounds would not be true.
 I don't see any indication of understanding such a privilege here.
What do you mean?

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
There really is something about making it a real part of life that is inspiring, and people only learn things the easy way if they are willing to take the initiative. 
The thing is children imagine many things so to say this is out of their bounds would not be true.
Well, that's not what I'm saying
 I don't see any indication of understanding such a privilege here.
What do you mean?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Well, that's not what I'm saying
I didn't say you said that. Instead I am saying children are capable of using their imagination as a way to escape reality and into a one they like.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Oh, are you delving into parenthood now?  Of course, everyone has an imagination but I don't understand how you intend for me to tie that in.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Oh, are you delving into parenthood now? 
No I am saying children have imagination therefore they do not a statue to have some sort of idea of what history was like. If they do simply see that picture in a book.
Of course, everyone has an imagination but I don't understand how you intend for me to tie that in.
His argument was a slippery slope fallacy and saying children can be interested in history because of a statue. The problem is that he didn't say why so I assumed the aesthetics. The problem here is that a child can see pictures in a book to get the aesthetics of what they were going to imagine. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't know, maybe it feels more substantive, conveys that this guy might have done something meaningful in this place, or people relate to the fact that there are man-hours put into it.  Different people will approach the world they live in different ways, and in addition, not all history is mainstream so a pathway to knowledge might not otherwise open up in someone's face.  Then, were you forced to learn to an accepted standard in a classroom, or are you actually choosing to go to the library?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Nothing that you said rebutted my claim and why books are a better source of information than statues and if people want to destroy statues there is still the better alternative that is book. 
DBlaze
Debates: 0
DBlaze
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'm relating this with what happened to me.  I am not arguing anything.... I am just saying that some people don't want the statues to be removed because they think it will diminish the importance of, and the interest in,.... history.  I agree with that, you don't have to.  But that does not make either of us an evil person.

So some of the people that were there protesting the removal of a stature were not at all white supremacists, neo nazi, or racist, as many people believe because of the media.  Trump was referring to these people when he said, "there are fine people on both sides."

Unfortunately, he is saying things under the assumption that his constituents are smarter than they are.  You have to be pretty dense to believe that Trump said White supremacists are fine people.  But, many do because they have been trained to trust the falsehoods of the media.

Thanks for understanding where I am coming from Snoopy
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DBlaze
I'm relating this with what happened to me.  I am not arguing anything....
You are arguing from personal experience which is a bad way to argue since you are not the only person who went through what you did and all I have to show is an anecdote to show an example of my way working. 
I am just saying that some people don't want the statues to be removed because they think it will diminish the importance of, and the interest in,.... history.  I agree with that, you don't have to.  But that does not make either of us an evil person.
If all this is a thought then I would this a bad point. In order for it to be a good point it would require a claim supported by an explanation and evidence. This only has a claim. It won't diminish history because like I said history stays whether you destroy the statue or not. So basically that argument for keeping the statue is a non-sequitur. Here is what a non-sequitur is:
So some of the people that were there protesting the removal of a stature were not at all white supremacists, neo nazi, or racist, as many people believe because of the media.
Why are you even talking about this? I didn't bring it up.
Trump was referring to these people when he said, "there are fine people on both sides."
To say this disregards why the actual rally took it place. The rally is based on far-right ideas. If you don't understand how st*pid this statement is then remove the context of the rally and put in Germans that took part in concentration camps. Now insert in "there are fine people on both sides". No that is not true. The very idea of racism is not bound by any science has lead to the deaths of many. The very idea of Trump saying that in a far-right rally diminishes what actually occurred which was a group effort at protesting far-right ideas.
You have to be pretty dense to believe that Trump said White supremacists are fine people. 
You are actually are dense if you don't understand that Trump said there are good people at a far-right rally. You stated what he said before which was "there are fine people on both sides" which means he said there are good in a far-right rally. Trump made no mention of it being some or most people so a white nationalist's can see that and say Trump agrees with our message but a reasonable person would say it would be the people who didn't understand what the rally was about. This foresight that was lacking by Trump made this an awful statement. By not knowing how people who agree with the message would see that comment he has pretty much gave white nationalist a confirmation pretty much saying yeah you guys are fine people.
But, many do because they have been trained to trust the falsehoods of the media.
Stop parroting from Trump and learn to understand what you are actually saying. The media is such a general that encompasses everything. By you saying that you are pretty much saying don't trust media. If so how did you get this information and accept it when you don't even trust the media? Or maybe your actual stance is don't trust the falsehoods of the left but trust the "truth" of Fox News, Breitbart and Infowars. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist

“You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists,”  

Have you ever observed these words in your life?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
“You had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists,”  

Have you ever observed these words in your life?
Why? 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I was curious after reading post 39, as to the significance in your view.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I was curious after reading post 221, as to the significance.
Post 221? 
I don't know where you got that from. Do you have a link to it? 
Your comment is post 42 so it must be from another forum post.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Edited.  I am really not that great at writing to begin with and write most of my posts pretty quickly. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Edited
I used ctrl-f to find where I said that here but I didn't.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Post 39
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I copied this in ctrl-f and there was nothing in post 39 about it. This quote is not from post 39 check for yourself.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Yeah, I'm asking if you've seen or heard them before
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
I am thinking Trump must have said it but all his st*pid comments are blocking my memory from his reasonable ones. 

DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@TheRealNihilist
And many of the stupid comments were/are taken out of context just like the example we are talking about. 

Either way, monuments do insight interest, that is one reason they are there, books are here to back up that interest.  I'm not going to argue that point further, it is just common sense, which the country (and the world) seems to be losing a lot of these days. 

I didn't have to look it up to know that it is ridiculous to think our president would say that, that is the difference between the real world and believing an opinion news anchor who gets paid to try and persuade you one way or another.   Then they pick on each other for spreading falsehoods, I don't have time for that BS. 

C'mon man, think.

This happens just as much on Fox News and other media outlets you mentioned, just on the other spectrum.  When a senator, or someone in high office is claimed to say something ridiculous, it is usually not true, or completely taken out of context.  
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am thinking Trump must have said it but all his st*pid comments are blocking my memory from his reasonable ones. 

That, I can relate to.  Thanks for the laugh
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DBlaze
And many of the stupid comments were/are taken out of context just like the example we are talking about.  
At least we agree that they were "stupid comments". It is not out of context when they show what happened before and after when he said that ridiculous line. I don't want to through and waste my time with an entire Donald Trump speech. That very speech I was listening for 1 minutes and found 4 errors in what he was saying. 
Either way, monuments do insight interest, that is one reason they are there, books are here to back up that interest.  I'm not going to argue that point further, it is just common sense, which the country (and the world) seems to be losing a lot of these days. 
If it was common sense you would be able to explain your stance but you can't. You argument is I like statues therefore keep them. My argument is that books are the second best source of information whether it be through words and pictures. Only rivalled by the internet. It has an added bonus to work while the internet connection doesn't if the book is read online.
I didn't have to look it up to know that it is ridiculous to think our president would say that, that is the difference between the real world and believing an opinion news anchor who gets paid to try and persuade you one way or another.   Then they pick on each other for spreading falsehoods, I don't have time for that BS. 
It wasn't "BS". I watched a snippet showed by a "news anchor" not them speaking about the ordeal.
C'mon man, think.
No you should think because you don't understand how bad your argument is for defending statues and still don't realise some comments you made where non-sequiturs and 1 was a slippery slope fallacy that you defended. If you actually thought about your stance you wouldn't be making these mistakes.
This happens just as much on Fox News and other media outlets you mentioned, just on the other spectrum.  When a senator, or someone in high office is claimed to say something ridiculous, it is usually not true, or completely taken out of context.  
In this context they showed exact footage of him saying it. So Trump did say something "ridiculous".
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
That, I can relate to.  Thanks for the laugh
So do you support Trump?
How about Hillary vs Trump?

DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Your argument is books exist, therefore we should get rid of statues and monuments.  It's the same thing you are accusing me of.

I will read the argument written by linate in another post.  I'm done trying to convince you that monuments build interest for young people in history.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DBlaze
Your argument is books exist, therefore we should get rid of statues and monuments.  It's the same thing you are accusing me of.
Yes my argument is that A is better than B so B can be destroyed since we have A.
I will read the argument written by linate in another post.  I'm done trying to convince you that monuments build interest for young people in history.
Don't know what you mean by linate but you couldn't convince me because your position is not as good as mine. Books are better than statues which is why they are expendable. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Looking at the cover of a book requires you to go to a library and see it.  A monument is out for everyone to see, even if you are not looking for it, you drive past it and it can build interest unexpectedly, then you go searching for a good book.  And I don't think the internet is a good option either, anyone can write whatever they want on the internet, but a book needs to get published.  The chances that the book is more accurate than anything on the internet is greater.

Just like a new middle school that was built in my hometown recently, Hallie Wells Middle school.  I was curious to find out who Hallie Wells was, so I looked her up and found out that she donated the land from her farm a long time ago, but made the stipulation that a school must be built on it.  The council voted to name it after her.  It may not be the best example because it is named after her for doing good, but it was still provocative, just like the monuments and statues are.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DBlaze
Looking at the cover of a book requires you to go to a library and see it.
Yes and I doubt most people are not capable of that.
A monument is out for everyone to see, even if you are not looking for it, you drive past it and it can build interest unexpectedly, then you go searching for a good book. 
This implies so much. For one is states that statues is the first reason why someone has an interest in something and then states it gives a person so much of an impact that it tells them to go to a library.
And I don't think the internet is a good option either, anyone can write whatever they want on the internet, but a book needs to get published. 
This doesn't make any sense. A book can be as wrong as an internet web address. One example I find which a book is awful but still went through publishing is Explaining Post-Modernism. That has so many flaws and still went through publishing because the writer Stephen Hicks owned the publishing company. You are arguing against false information not the internet. Both books and the internet have false information doesn't mean that platform breeds false information. Down below is a guy stating the errors.
The chances that the book is more accurate than anything on the internet is greater.
I can say it isn't and we won't be going anywhere. Do bring evidence to support your side.
It may not be the best example because it is named after her for doing good, but it was still provocative, just like the monuments and statues are.
So basically you are for aesthetically pleasing items that can be a reason to do something with your life. Problem here is that statues are not the main reason or a prevalent reason why someone does something. Reason is the internet is more prevalent and things like YouTube can get people into doing something that they like by watching a YouTube video about it. YouTube requires an internet connection and can be accessed anywhere with the internet connection whereas a statue is at one place. Even the statue is not important because you can simply take a picture and upload it to Instagram and then demolish it. There are better ways of seeing aesthetically pleasing things that give you motivation into doing something. YouTube and Instagram are two examples. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@TheRealNihilist
i can tell by your arguments, statements, grammar, examples, beliefs, and the way that you write, that you have not achieved maturity yet. You may be old enough to vote, but I'm assuming just barely.   You don't understand what I am talking about, and won't understand until you have gained more experience, maturity, and understanding of reality.  We can have this conversation again when you have reached at least 35 years of age, when you have finished school, found a career, bought a house, and support a family.  At that point we will be on the same page, and we can continue.

Thanks,
DBlaze
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@DBlaze
i can tell by your arguments, statements, grammar, examples, beliefs, and the way that you write, that you have not achieved maturity yet.
Oh come on. Is this what you have resorted to when you can't actually rebut my claims? Petty insults? It is real shame that I dedicated time to telling you how wrong you are only for you to throw it in my face without learning from your mistakes.
You don't understand what I am talking about,
I understood it so much that I reduced it to as little words as possible and compared it to mine and realised it was not a very good argument. You filled your arguments with anecdotes that didn't improve your point instead made me realise how bad you are at making arguments. I would expect a person who is on a debating site would realise how to make a good argument but reading your arguments and other countless examples of other people's arguments I have been proven wrong. 
and won't understand until you have gained more experience, maturity, and understanding of reality. 
You don't understand reality when you can't even understand this "Yes my argument is that A is better than B so B can be destroyed since we have A." is better than your argument which is A is good because it leads to B.
We can have this conversation again when you have reached at least 35 years of age, when you have finished school, found a career, bought a house, and support a family.  At that point we will be on the same page, and we can continue.
It would be a waste of my time. I am sure you are older than me and the probability of your mind being changed is unlikely so it is best we don't speak when I am older. You don't understand how to make a good argument so I don't expect you to understand at an even older age when you have done well I am assuming so far. 

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@DBlaze
Historically some humans remove monuments of stone, marble, iron for differrent reasons. Ex In Iraq they toppled statues of Saddam Hussein in a lawless rage of hate reaction to recent atrocities or immoral and crimminal actions against some peoples by Saddam over last 40 years.

In USA congress, via the law removed statues of southern states leaders who supported slavery if not worse, from 180 years ago.

To remove, or not to remove, monuments that reflect historically immoral and criminal actions against some peoples, that is the question.

Most people of Germany are probably not big on the Nazi flag like symbols hanging around there neighborhoods, unless their skinhead racist types.

In some ways what is most fair, is what the people of that city, county state etc vote their opinion.  If this was a federal vote I would vote to remove them if not destroy them completely with only pictures private collectors models for reference.