Happy zombie Jesus day everyone!

Author: secularmerlin

Total: 269
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
God is in everything so much as that something cannot exist unless it exists in truth. God is not a concept. We use a concept to talk about God. God is The Ultimate Reality. The concept is like unto the fleshly nature of The Son. That which the concept points to is like unto the divine nature of The Son. 2 natures united in this single hypostasis or person of The Trinity.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
God is in everything so much as that something cannot exist unless it exists in truth.
There is no way you can prove God existing. You are assuming God exists because if you did have proof you would be able to show it to me. I am not asking much just simply any observable evidence but you can't even do that. You say I deny what you say but you don't say anything apart from God is truth or supreme being without explaining how it is the case.
God is not a concept. We use a concept to talk about God.
God is a concept like anything else. I can't believe you even are denying this. Even if we weren't talking about it God would still be a concept like how a chair is also a concept.
God is The Ultimate Reality. 
Keep saying and leaving out the explanation like it isn't important.
The concept is like unto the fleshly nature of The Son. That which the concept points to is like unto the divine nature of The Son. 2 natures united in this single hypostasis or person of The Trinity.
Guess you must be speaking about the Bible. Bible is not a evidence but you don't care. You only care assuming things to be true. Tell me why don't you assume God doesn't exist? 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't have to prove that The Truth exists.

The Truth is God.

The Ultimate Reality.

You are not talking about my God.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
I don't have to prove that The Truth exists.

The Truth is God.

The Ultimate Reality.
So basically I am correct. You assume it to be true without a good reason. Tell me why you don't assume God doesn't exist?
You are not talking about my God.
Yes I am. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You assume God doesn't exist, and that is why you are struggling. There is no debate about the existence of God. The Ultimate Reality either exists or there is no reality.

As you can see, there is some form of existence, so that conclusively disproves the idea that there is no reality.

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
How did man invent the ultimate reality?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
There is no debate about the existence of God.

You sound like a dictator. Who do you think you are, telling others that there is "no debate about the existence of God"? I debate it all the time. You just insist that a omnipotent, all sing all dancing god exists and insist others take your word for it..
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Mopac
Re teaching, have you heard of the curse of knowledge?
"The curse of knowledge is a cognitive bias that occurs when an individual, communicating with other individuals, unknowingly assumes that the others have the background to understand."

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
You assume God doesn't exist, and that is why you are struggling.
I have a reasonable standard to base that upon. Your standard is assumptions because you can't explain your side which is clear by your posts.
There is no debate about the existence of God. The Ultimate Reality either exists or there is no reality.
That is what I thought. Incapable of understanding you need to explain your point or give evidence but you think you don't need to substantiate your point. That is why your stance is so bad. You don't realise how to make a good point and if you do then you are committing an unfair double standard. Have a standard for your Religion then another for other things in the world. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
He simply has two interchangeable definitions for god which he is unable or unwilling to separate in his mind (or at least in his arguments).
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
He simply has two interchangeable definitions for god which he is unable or unwilling to separate in his mind (or at least in his arguments).
How do you think he got to a stage of thinking like that? 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Your faith is by definition superstition.

noun
excessively credulous belief in and reverence for the supernatural.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Indoctrination. By being told that a true believer does not need proof and that scientific knowledge is inferior to faith until he really believed it.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
Indoctrination. By being told that a true believer does not need proof and that scientific knowledge is inferior to faith until he really believed it.
Do you think someone like him can be changed? 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Beliefs are not a choice they are a realization. Beliefs can be changed but the believer does not change them exposure to new ideas does. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@secularmerlin
I think he needs to clearly lay out his standard for believing this and then have someone see the logical conclusion of what his standard can entail. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Do you think someone like him can be changed? 
Of course not. Trolls are trolls, they don't change. It's funny that Mo is your best candidate here, that he is the best this place can offer. Ever figure out why?

*hint*

Trolls are welcome here, sane people are not.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I think he needs to clearly lay out his standard for believing this
That will never happen. Isn't that obvious? Haven't you guys figured out how utterly disappointing this site is, how bad it's run and there are only a handful of folks who can speak without their jaws slacking? There are way better forums out there, this one is pathetic.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Of course not. Trolls are trolls, they don't change.
I don't think you can say that. People change their mind and all we would have to do is found out how this happens.
It's funny that Mo is your best candidate here, that he is the best this place can offer. Ever figure out why?

*hint*

Trolls are welcome here, sane people are not.
Best candidate to speak about Christianity I am guessing. I think that is because he has nothing better to do so he was talking to me. Kind of weird coming from a Christian when he should value nothing more than being a Christian but oh well. 

Trolls are not welcome because there is moderation. Type1 got banned and I remember polytheistic-witch got banned as well. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Goldtop
Last message was for you. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Goldtop
That will never happen. Isn't that obvious? Haven't you guys figured out how utterly disappointing this site is, how bad it's run and there are only a handful of folks who can speak without their jaws slacking? There are way better forums out there, this one is pathetic.
Where and if there was why are you here?

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'm on other forums, I swing by here now and again to have a good chuckle at those who are still floundering with trolls like Mo. I keep wondering who here has less sense, the trolls or those who try to engage them.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I don't think you can say that.
You're absolutely free to continue banging your head against a stone wall and find out for yourself. But, wouldn't you rather be on a forum that has no trolls and instead folks who can discuss things intelligently? Your call.

Best candidate to speak about Christianity
Not even close, he represents the very worst of what that religion offers.

Trolls are not welcome because there is moderation.
That's where you're dead wrong, they have no clue how to run a forum let alone identify the trolls who are bringing the forum down that has already caused a mass exodus of the many folks from ddo and elsewhere who could talk intelligently. They are all pretty much long gone.

Type1 got banned and I remember polytheistic-witch got banned as well. 
You must be joking, right? Did you see how long it took for them to ban Poly? Normal, well run forums would have banned Poly within a day or two of her behaviour here, not many months after the damage was already done.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Goldtop
You're absolutely free to continue banging your head against a stone wall and find out for yourself. But, wouldn't you rather be on a forum that has no trolls and instead folks who can discuss things intelligently? Your call.
I think he is not a troll instead genuinely believes what he says.  
Not even close, he represents the very worst of what that religion offers.
I know he is a bad representation of the Religion but Religion is bad so I don't expect good people making Religious arguments to make good arguments for it.
That's where you're dead wrong, they have no clue how to run a forum let alone identify the trolls who are bringing the forum down that has already caused a mass exodus of the many folks from ddo and elsewhere who could talk intelligently. They are all pretty much long gone. 
You don't tell me how you are right just state I have to clue to run a forum. Have you run a forum before?
You must be joking, right? Did you see how long it took for them to ban Poly? Normal, well run forums would have banned Poly within a day or two of her behaviour here, not many months after the damage was already done.
He can't do that much damage and if you think insulting people as debates is damage then you must have a low bar for it. I would consider site damage to be doxxing. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Goldtop
I'm on other forums, I swing by here now and again to have a good chuckle at those who are still floundering with trolls like Mo. I keep wondering who here has less sense, the trolls or those who try to engage them.
Where? 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I think he is not a troll
You can think that if you want, but he most certainly is a troll.

genuinely believes what he says.
Most trolls do.

I don't expect good people making Religious arguments to make good arguments for it.
You may need to get out more to other forums where there are good people who make good arguments. This place is not one of them.

In other well run forums, people are given warnings not because they think someones post might be crazy (I have been banned here for saying exactly that), but because their posts are crazy and they must provide supporting arguments and evidence to substantiate what they say, or they eventually get banned. That's how well run forums operate. This place does the opposite, hence why good, sane people leave.

Have you run a forum before?
Yes, that is why I understand how well run forums operate. Those here who are in power have no understanding of this and refuse to take any advice or help on the matter. They believe they know what they're doing, which is laughable, of course.

He can't do that much damage
Lol. Sure pal, keep believing that.

if you think insulting people as debates is damage then you must have a low bar for it
No one said anything about insulting others. That said, folks like Mo are insulting your intelligence, your honesty and integrity. But, maybe those things aren't important for some.

I would consider site damage to be doxxing. 
That's damage to a person, not the site itself.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Goldtop
You can think that if you want, but he most certainly is a troll.
People actually think like this so to label him as a troll as if this isn't common and only tendencies of people trolling would be a lie. Are you saying all those people are also trolls?
Most trolls do.
You are using a different definition than I am. 
In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topicmessages in an online community (such as a newsgroupforumchat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
The discourse was about the topic at hand not what he decided to make it happy. Sure it was specifically about an event but the speaking about the Religion apart of it is not a change only speaking about something specific about the event like the Religious aspect.
You may need to get out more to other forums where there are good people who make good arguments. This place is not one of them.
I have seen enough that they make bad arguments since I would consider to be apart of a Religion a bad stance so making an argument for it would be bad because of what you are trying to talk about. Slavery can only go so far if you value human not being property likewise Religion since if you value equal rights Christianity is not the stance you should take. I am guessing you are Religious because I wouldn't find an atheist or agnostic defend bad arguments.
In other well run forums, people are given warnings not because they think someones post might be crazy (I have been banned here for saying exactly that), but because their posts are crazy and they must provide supporting arguments and evidence to substantiate what they say, or they eventually get banned. That's how well run forums operate. This place does the opposite, hence why good, sane people leave.
Where? You still haven't told me what these forums are?
Yes, that is why I understand how well run forums operate. Those here who are in power have no understanding of this and refuse to take any advice or help on the matter. They believe they know what they're doing, which is laughable, of course.
Well they are basing I think most of it from DDO and that was working until they decided to not moderate it any-more.
No one said anything about insulting others. That said, folks like Mo are insulting your intelligence, your honesty and integrity. But, maybe those things aren't important for some.
I think he genuinely doesn't understand he makes bad arguments. 
That's damage to a person, not the site itself. 
If doxxing does occur it looks bad on the site as well. It is like saying credit card companies don't have a problem when people are doxxing with their private information. This argument is bad one if you think the site does not get damaged when a doxxing occurs on their platform. 
Mopac
Mopac
You atheists are not very bright. The only argument  you have is to redefine God into meaning something we don't mean.

All the while denying that you are guilty of making a straw man argument.

Refusing to be corrected, also guilty of invincible ignorance.

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@secularmerlin
.......New WORLD News.........every since the elimination of the Abrahamic GODS to Comic Book Mythology in 2022 the Middle East has had 
an unprecedented surge in new infrastructure and cooperation among the up and coming generations....never before has there been such
unity and harmony among the people of this region where some of earliest and advanced cultures flourished 6 - 8 thousand years ago...

More excitement is building as researchers are discovering more and more amazing artifacts and information on these amazing ancient 
civilizations...

As the older generations DIE off and take their horrifically OBSOLETE and OPPRESSIVE Comic Book GODS and DOGMA
to the grave with them... a revitalization of the region has occurred in place of the CONFLICT - FEAR - VIOLENCE....which
dominated the region for 5000 years...

These are truly EPIC TIMES as all of HUMANITY has trashed the Abrahamic GOD construct for POWER and CONTROL of the MINDS 
and LIVES of BILLIONS....now that humanity is FREE from the parasite VAMPIRE bondage founded by the defunct Roman Catholic Church
and the MUSLIM Allah God garbage....it's like a perpetual spring time all over the planet...

Live WELL - LONG and PROSPER is the new MANTRA of humanity....a true breath of fresh air now that the HELL on EARTH Abrahamic
JEW - JESUS - ALLAH GOD are meaningless Mythology and Comic Books for entertainment only...