@secularmerlin
Jesus loves you.
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@YeshuaRedeemed
Jesus loves you.

How have you determined this to be the case?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Goldtop
Calling for me to be banned is the equivalent of calling for my death on a forum.

Not surprising to me.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Jesus loves you.

How have you determined this to be the case?
Come and see. Become a catechuman.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
I was not addressing you and even if I were this is not am answer.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
It actually is, because a catechuman is someone who is being educated in the faith.

Unless, you know, you aren't really trying to be educated, which is the impression I get.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
You have stated more than once that the truth is unknowable. That is at odds with your above statement. Please decide which of your contradictory claims you actually support.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
I have also been very consistent in telling you that you have no idea what I am ever talking about.

The churchh will tell you that the essence of God is unknowable, but that doesn't mean that things cannot be known about God.

For example, that God exists. This is a certainty. A certainty that you can't admit, because you refuse to accept anything other than a straw man god, one that doesn't exist.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
I refuse to accept any and all god claims which do not meet their burden of proof.
YeshuaRedeemed
Debates: 8
YeshuaRedeemed
-->
@secularmerlin
My sins are many, but if Jesus can love me, He can love anyone. I as a Christian believe Jesus to exist, be God in Human flesh, and be Love. I'm also ready to prove it if I get consent. I'm not looking for trouble, just to share the Gospel, like Jesus said.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
Saint John of Damascus said..

"What He is, by essence and nature, is altogether beyond our comprehension and knowledge."

And surely, anyone who understands what "The Ultimate Reality" means, and contemplates it for any length of time will freely admit this.

What we do know of God has been revealed to us to whom it has been revealed. The Church certainly has this Revelation of God.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YeshuaRedeemed
I'm sorry but I meant how have you determined that Jesus loves anyone? My understanding is that if there even was a historical Jesus he has been dead a long time.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
The proof of your foolishness is that you expect something to be proven to you when you won't even accept what it is that is being discussed.

I am talking about cabbage, and you insist that it is an orange. You are not being reasonable. You are playing the fool.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
What He is, by essence and nature, is altogether beyond our comprehension and knowledge."

And surely, anyone who understands what "The Ultimate Reality" means
These two statements one after another constitute nonsense. One directly contradicts the other.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
I am talking about cabbage, and you insist that it is an orange. You are not being reasonable. You are being a fool.

This is a poor analogy since both cabbages and oranges are detectable and what you are proposing is not. A better analogy would be if you were showing me an empty box and insisting it was full of cabbage.
Mopac
Mopac
These two statements one after another constitute nonsense. One directly contradicts the other.
You say that because you lack understanding, but you are haughty and think otherwise.

YeshuaRedeemed
Debates: 8
YeshuaRedeemed
-->
@secularmerlin
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@mopac

Something beyond our comprehension cannot be understood. That is a direct contradiction. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@YeshuaRedeemed
You have sent me a link intended to establish Jesus as a historical figure. As I said even if this is the case he has now been dead for quite a long time.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
You don't really know what you are talking about, dude.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
If that is the case your directly contradicting yourself will certainly not clear anything up for me. Perhaps you should examine your teaching methods. They seem to be somewhat flawed.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
It has nothing to do with me, it has everything to do with you. You have adopted an unteachable attitude.

You are wise in your own eyes, but very much in the dark. As you are too haughty to ever admit this and learn something, you will remain in the dark. 

You don't know what you are talking about. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
I am willing to accept that I am wrong if sufficient evidence can be provided. You are unwilling to even examine the idea that it is possible that you are wrong.

Which of us does that make arrogant?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
You, because you resist proof by denying how I define things. The proof can not come without accepting the defining. Apodictic truth!

You can't even make one step.

You can't turn this around, you are acting the fool.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Mopac
You mean like defining absolute unassailable certainty in your untestable claims as being humble? Yes I disagree with how you define some things it is true. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@secularmerlin
My humility is not the issue here. I speak of things I am certain about. You do not believe I can be certain because you don't believe it is possible.

You say God doesn't exist. I told you that God is The Ultimate Reality.

You say God doesn't exist? You are playing the fool. You can't flip this around. You are the one being arrogant.

At least until you repent of your wickedness, this will be the case.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Please explain how atheism is "a patently self defeating position".
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
I speak of things I am certain about.
And this certainty is based entirely on the fictional writings of ignorant, primitive, superstitious savages.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Because to say "The Ultimate Reality doesn't exist" is a denial of truth and reality itself. It is impossible for there not to be an Ultimate Reality.

That being the case, even softer forms of atheism that do not outright deny God inherit the ridiculousness of this position. To even doubt the existence of Ultimate Reality is foolish. It is not even a position that is reasonable to entertain.

And for your information, scripture comes from our tradition, it is not the basis of our faith.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
I asked how it is self defeating, you haven't answered.