A line through a person's name means they're currently banned, yes?

Author: K_Michael

Total: 43
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@keithprosser
Not knowing what 'being a dick' is is being a dick.  I'm banning you from the non-existent (and never will exist) kpdebate.org.

But i'm adding extra rules:  you can be banned for spelling 'lose' as 'loose', using the wrong form of there/their/they're, and omitting the u in colour.
You had my 100% support until that last one. I suppose you'll want me to put a U in armor and honor too. Pah. I'd rather die.

Pure spite:

color armor honor color armor honor color armor honor color armor honor

Yeahhhh. You like that, keith? Rub that all over ya. Let it sink in.
K_Michael
Debates: 38
K_Michael
-->
@Castin
You forget flavour, favourite, savour, valour, and spelling grey with an e instead of a.
Castin
Castin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am suer you already bsh1 doesn't want it because it would cause mobs or something so I guess you would have to make a convincing argument to him or debate him if you really feel like you have the better position if that is allowed. I would like a public ban log myself but guess it would be too much hassle for Virtuoso and bsh1 to deal which is why they are opposed to it and of course mobs starting to form insulting banned members or who were not permanently banned but I don't really see that problem when I insult people who don't understand what they are talking about. 
What about a public ban log that listed recent bans and offenses, but no usernames? Might be a nice balance between transparency and privacy. People should easily be able to put together what offenses go with which recently banned users, but you're still not displaying personal names on a public "wall of shame."

Virtuoso has actually been in support of a public ban log for a while. But there's been concern that it would encourage public shaming, as you mentioned, and compromise the banned member's right to serve their ban quietly and return in relative privacy.
Castin
Castin
-->
@K_Michael
You forget flavour, favourite, savour, valour, and spelling grey with an e instead of a.
Well, adding all of those to my wall of spiteful repetitions would probably have taken up most of the page. Would you say it'd be worth it?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Castin
What about a public ban log that listed recent bans and offenses, but no usernames? Might be a nice balance between transparency and privacy. People should easily be able to put together what offenses go with which recently banned users, but you're still not displaying personal names on a public "wall of shame."

Virtuoso has actually been in support of a public ban log for a while. But there's been concern that it would encourage public shaming, as you mentioned, and compromise the banned member's right to serve their ban quietly and return in relative privacy. 
I guess I am for something like first user of the day was banned for X.
So basically their profile name is not mentioned but we have an idea what is not tolerated on the site. It is all good for the site to have rules but you would also need to know the application to understand how a rule can be broken and what are the lines. 

K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@Castin
And vapour.

7 days later

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
There are so many non truths in this thing. Why does the site bother? LOL
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Castin
Such terrible behavior.

lol...
K_Michael
K_Michael
-->
@bsh1
I knew I forgot one XD.

198 days later

sigmaphil
Debates: 7
sigmaphil
-->
@RationalMadman
If a debate begins and one of the debaters is banned during the debate is the banned person able to continue in the debate?  Do they automatically forfeit when their argument round comes up?
sigmaphil
Debates: 7
sigmaphil
-->
@RationalMadman
Nevermind.  Found the answer in another forum post.  Thanks.
RationalMadman
Debates: 563
RationalMadman
-->
@sigmaphil
Actually since a recent update if it's a tenporary ban, they can be allowed to do that whike being forum banned etc.

I am honoured that you asked me.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Who would know better?