Quasi Dungeons and Dragons

Author: drafterman

Total: 4,160
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
No, its both of roberts weapons, and grahfs. Don't need or want any of my weaps silvered.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
(I'll just note that Grahf can make his weapon magical via Channel Divinity and things that are vulnerable to silver are usually vulnerable to magical weapons too)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(you and grahf go back to the general store and purchase a longsword each to use while they're being silvered. Its fine, we can afford it, LS's are i think 15 or 25 gold apiece. 

While you guys do that, I (and anyone else who wants to come along excluding you and grahf cause swords) can go to the Burgomasters and pay Ireena a visit. We can meet up at the gate where Yev and Szol will be too. Then head to the winery 👍.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(yeah, but what if he already uses it and we're in a fight after that it's needed again?)

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Buddamoose
@Earth
(True, but it's up to Grahf)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Sorry, i got a bit overzealous. He's right that its up to you guys. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(roger, I'll do what Snerp said)
drafterman
drafterman
(Ok, Roberts hands over his two swords and Grahf hands over his (Unless Earth says otherwise later)).

The group then heads to the Burgomaster's mansion. Piles and piles of stick now occlude the front of the house, with a small cap allowing entrance.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
Hello?  May we come in?  We need to speak with the Burgomaster and Ireena urgently.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(we need to get Grahf and Roberts temp replacement weapons first. Can we just keep going from here but make official that the general store was visited and two longswords(one each for Grahf and Roberts) was purchased?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Snerp walks into the mansion and looks around for the same lady who was coordinating people entering last time he was here.
drafterman
drafterman
(Roger)

There is less activity now that most of the wood has been gathered, but a snooty butler does come to the door and takes the group to the waiting room where they were before. After not long, the Baron arrives with two huge, black mastiffs at his side. They are eye-to-eye with Snerp and give him copius licks to the top of his gnomey head.

Vargas: I am Baron Vargas Vallakovich. Who has the honor of meeting me? A circus act for our festival tomorrow?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
(I prefer the indirect approach, but since Snerp has talked with him before.....we can tell him what we found at the coffin makers (body, writing) but not mention the vampires yet, though if they are after him, enemy of my enemy is my friend....I'm just not sure how much we can trust this guy)

(with my natural distrust I will attempt to use my perception and if anyone has a spell that enhances skills this would be a good time for that as well)
drafterman
drafterman
(I assume you mean insight)

Vargas listen and furrows his brow. This is indeed a distressing tale. Almost unbelievable. I assure that this town is quite safe and there are no murders going around gutting poor coffin-makers. Now I'll ask you not go spreading such rumors and ruining the natural joy of our town.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Lord Vargas? We met yesterday and you agreed to a vouchsafe as the feature act in your festival tomorrow? I actually came to pay a visit to a friend, Ireena Indirovich, who is currently staying with you as a guest. 

Sorry about my friend here, he has a tendency to say things sometimes that are a bit loopy, such is the crowd you sometimes find with travelers.

Snerp expectantly looks over at Roberts, as if to say, "hey, start saying more crazy stuff, we don't need to get taken as prisoners and put into the stocks you dope"

drafterman
drafterman
Vargas narrows his eyes. Feature act. Feature act. Oh yes! The banjo playing halfling, yes? Of course, pleasure to have you back in my abode. What's this about a guest? We have no guest? Who is this Ireena?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(yeah was playing pathfinder kingmaker, getting my skills mixed up)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
What's this about a guest? We have no guest? Who is this Ireena?

I'm sure with your greater responsibilities it slipped your mind. We came to Vallaki together two days ago. Yesterday I asked the servant in the front vestibule directing people, if she arrived safely.

She assured me she did, telling me she was in the company of the Baroness. Ireena Indirovich, daghter of Koylan Indirovich, Burgomaster of Barovia, Lathander accept him unto eternal day. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(since you've meet him before, any noticable differences, like he's been bit by a vampire, paler, thinner, or similar peculiarity?)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@drafterman
(insight check to see if Snerp notices anything different like Roberts brought up?)
Earth
Earth
(Are there elections going on in the DnD world?)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Earth
(Devils vs. Demons)
drafterman
drafterman
Vargas thinks and thinks. Oh! The Burgomasters daughter! Yes. Very dreary girl. She left. Went back to Barovia.

[Roberts Insight check (advantage): d20 (411) + 5 = 16]

Vargas doesn't appear any different and doesn't appear to be hiding anything. He appears to have legitimately forgot about Ireena, perhaps considering it a subject beneath his attention.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
Her returning to Barovia when her father and brother are dead and there is naught for her to return to is puzzling. She must be stricken with grief... do you happen to know the general timeframe she left? 

(Pretty sure Ireena = captured is confirmed.)
drafterman
drafterman
Vargas: Young dwarf, I am a busy man. Lots of people come and go. Irene was here one day and gone the next. Is that all you came here to do? Waste my time about bogey men and whining girls?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(we could check on the priest and bones, tell him the situation and see if he might have an idea where the vampires could be hiding out until it's time for their attack?)(maybe Snerp can locate the woman he spoke to when they were collecting the sticks, the first time he was here, I think she knew about  Ireena)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
@buddamoose @thedredpriateroberts @kindertina @earth 
One things for sure. If ireena was captured this fool wouldn't know any different.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@secularmerlin
(I had a secondary idea, that we just use him as vampire bait and hope he and his guards can occupy the vampires, or be their primary targets while we attack from the back)
drafterman
drafterman
(You guys heading to the church? Anything else to ask of or discuss with the illustrious Vargas?)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
(is the church pretty close?  if it makes little time difference I will go there and relay the events of the coffin maker's shop, vampire plan etc and see if there's a place they maybe hiding out during the day)