N3 - Burgomaster's Mansion
N5 - Arasek Stockyard
N6 - Coffin Maker's Shop
N8 - Town Square
N9 - Vistani Camp
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Lucian is understandable distraught at these events.

Lucian: I have no idea where they would be hiding. I didn't even consider that they were planning an assault until you just told me. They could be anywhere. I'm confused as to why they would advertise Vargas as a target. If they wanted him dead, surely they would just kill him?
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
It maybe a decoy to throw us off their trail and plans.  The only real threat to their take over is right here.  This was their initial plan from the beginning and I see no reason why that would change.  Perhaps the only change is the time.  We shall have to ponder if they still are planning to attack during the festival or sooner.
drafterman
drafterman
Lucian: I have faith that this church is protected by the spirit of St. Andrals. That much is clear from their need to take the bones in the first place.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
(group huddle, we should check the Inn and see if they may have tried to rent a room there, how can we make a counter ambush on their planned attack?  buckets of holy water over the doors is always fun.  they need a resting place, should we torch the coffin maker shop?)

@drafterman
Lucian: Would any of the vistini or vallaki have an interest or stake in the continuance of the church, that they may help to defend it?
drafterman
drafterman
Lucian: No Vistani, they're not allowed in the town due to their affiliation with The Devil Strahd. And of course everyone inside the town has a vested interest in its protection.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
Very well, you should make contact with as many as you can, who will defend this place, the time is drawing near, we need to prepare.

(ok guys here's a possible plan they are going to try imo, creature in the wagon gets loose, in the commotion the vampires attack as whatever guards will be dealing with whatever that thing is, or am I being paranoid?  should we sabotage the wagon wheels?  or somehow prevent it from getting to the festival?  kids play with matches.....sometimes things get caught on fire......)
drafterman
drafterman
Lucian: I will call on those I can trust. I would urge discretion. If the Baron hears about some strangers telling people about some impending attack, he may perceive it as an attempt to cast a pall on his festival.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@drafterman
Yes, only those that can be trusted should know of our plan, even then they should know as little as possible.

(guess we wait to get a consensus on the coffin shop, wagon and inn, probably some other stuff will come up as well)
Buddamoose
Debates: 4
Buddamoose
-->
@secularmerlin
One things for sure. If ireena was captured this fool wouldn't know any different.

(Why not? Ireena was depressed af and he said unhappy people to the stocks. He specifically said she was "dreary" if anything I think it likely hes done something to her for being such a sour sally.)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I can go back and search for the servant again and ask about Ireena from her. Perhaps sabotaging the wagon might be a good idea. Things do catch fire sometimes, but so do the things surrounding them too. Somehow risking burning alot of the town down to save it doesn't seem a good idea.

Maybe mess with the wheels llike you also mentioned? 

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(good point he may have put Ireena somewhere)
(if we can make some connection between the guy that owns the wagon, forget his name began with an R I think and vampires/Strahd, seems they all showed up at the same time.....who was the guy you were suppose to meet, he's part of it too or is that the same guy and owns the wagon?)
(should we burn the place where the vampires had their coffins?  I don't know if we get lucky and they have to flee that they would return there to heal, I'd like to leave them no place to return to)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
who was the guy you were suppose to meet, 

(Somebody who wants to see Vargas removed from his seat of power.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(yeah that was him!  the intrigue is real, so now what?  I don't want to create any needless enemies hehe)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(it's not the same guy that owns the wagons.)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(I remember that now, time check, where are we time wise in relation to the festival?  that could determine or limit our choices I guess)(what do you see as our priorities?  mine atm is the wagon and that guy you are going to meet, but will meeting him be too late, will he tell you the plan as it happens, timing is a bugger)
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(Mid morning, day before the festival)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(we def have enough time to go check on the winery and be back before of by dark.)

Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
(Sabotaging the wagon seems something best left for Tonite. So either its explore one of the surrounding areas, or check on the winery for the tavern owner)
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(winery sounds good, we could use some wine, if we stake out the church during the festival, we can act like drunks to go un-noticed and the smell of wine on us will help)
drafterman
drafterman
(To the winery?)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
(Meet up with Yev and Szol at the gates then to the winery i suppose. oooh boy, afternoon drinks sound rightcheous)
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
we can act like drunks to go un-noticed and the smell of wine on us will help)

I'm not saying this like i object, cause of course i don't(Thaddeus Thread represent), but that's gonna require alot of drinking to still be smelling strongly of wine 24+ hours later.
drafterman
drafterman
The group meets up with the hunters outside the sunset gate and begin to head out west along the Old Svalich road. They eventually reach an X intersection, with branches tothe northwest, northeast, southwest, and southeast. Thelower half of a snapped wooden signpost thrusts upwardat an angle near the eastern elbow of the intersection.The top half of the sign, featuring arms pointing in fourdirections, lies in the weeds nearby.

When the twoparts of the sign are aligned and rejoined, the arms indicateKREZK, WIZARD OF WINES, and TSOLENKA PASS to the southwest, LAKEBARATOK to the northwest, VALLAKI and RAVENLOFT tothe northeast, and BEREZ to the southeast. Following the sign they head toward the WIZARD OF WINES.

Your presence on this dreary road has not gone unnoticed.A raven follows you for several minutes while keepinga respectful distance. After a few minutes, more ravens begin to take an interest in you. Before long,their numbers swell, and soon hundreds of them arewatching you.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
(not if you wear it instead of drink it ;)  )
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Buddamoose
@drafterman
(hmm we should light up some torches just in case, those work best for swarms of whatever I think)

drafterman
drafterman
(Press on?)
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@drafterman
Eikka is not deterred. Toward the winery is forward.
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
-->
@drafterman
Snerp follows Eikka

(Get ready for a fight, not sure torches are gonna be as useful. Raven swarms are resistant to bludgeon, pierce, and slash damage, so keep that in mind.)

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@secularmerlin
@Buddamoose
@Earth
@TheDredPriateRoberts
@kindertina
(Ok guys, I'm thinking of moving this game to Discord. Anyone have an issue with that?)