Religion or Science?

Author: Paul

Total: 152
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
No one knows what you are talking about meatball.
ronjs
Debates: 0
ronjs
-->
@Paul
The dominion mandate instructs Christians to do science, we need to study the world in order to have dominion over it.
The problem is not with science per se, but the interpretations of the evidence, which can be very different depending at least in part to ones presuppositions. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@ronjs
Science has evidence, 

The problem is not with religion per se , but the interpretation of , what should be considered evidence. 
Linking up gods with books .   Christians say god did a  bible. Thats just for starters. 

Having to " pretend "to " believe " the earth is  7000 years old can not be easy at all.
Good game.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Orthodox are a bit different, because we don't believe the bible was dictated by God.

We are also the original Christian church, so I think that gives us a certain level of authority that these "Derp derp, God wrote the bible so its infallible" churches don't have, as none of of them are older than a few centuries.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@PGA2.0
As usual, everything you say is contrary to reality, logic reason and intelligence.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
The EARTH is the center of the universe, not the sun. 
Ah yes, Jane raises the level of intelligence to new heights of sewage.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
And what about Duterte? A good Christian?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
Religious people often seem to be at odds with science because they believe it threatens their religion.

Not really, they just happen to disagree with a materialists worldview, which is often times pushed by atheists when they misrepresent science by associating it with atheism or materialism. Science and Theism are compatible. 

What I am wondering is, do you ever wish you lived in a world without science where your religion could flourish unimpeded?

Not at all they are both compatible because they apply to two different natures of our experience, they study two different things. We need both to understand the full scope of our existence not just one or the other. What needs to happen, is that everyone understand SCIENCE studies the natural (material) world, it makes no claims or rejection of the Creator. Spirituality and science equally apply and are equally relevant. 

Goldtop
Goldtop
Not really, they just happen to disagree with a materialists worldview, which is often times pushed by atheists when they misrepresent science by associating it with atheism or materialism.
You just misrepresented science by associating it with atheism and materialism. Do you always contradict yourself like that? Yup.

We need both to understand the full scope of our existence not just one or the other.
There is no "other" unless you're talking about the Overlords in those other galaxies you keep on about.
PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Goldtop
As usual, everything you say is contrary to reality, logic reason and intelligence.
Again, your reply is significant in that it is an ad hominem directed at the person instead of the issue, thus it is an irrelevant statement and clearly fallacious for this reason. It bypasses the issue. You have done nothing - nothing -  to prove your assertions. Pathetic and inadequate waste of my time to respond except to set the record straight.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@disgusted
And what about Duterte? A good Christian?
I have no idea what you mean, thus you have not communicated with me and this is a waste of my time, once again.

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@PGA2.0
your reply is significant in that it is an ad hominem directed at the person instead of the issue
Your previous response was nothing short of fabricated lies and childish rants. You insult our intelligence with your nonsensical posts. You are not here to have reasonable discussions, but instead, to promote your religion at any cost, including your honesty and integrity, what little you have left.
Paul
Paul
-->
@janesix
The EARTH is the center of the universe, not the sun.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Goldtop
your reply is significant in that it is an ad hominem directed at the person instead of the issue
Your previous response was nothing short of fabricated lies and childish rants. You insult our intelligence with your nonsensical posts. You are not here to have reasonable discussions, but instead, to promote your religion at any cost, including your honesty and integrity, what little you have left.

You provided nothing but an ad hom in the previous post. It did not address any of the issues I raised. Thus, you are full of wind blowing nowhere. It appears to me that you are incapable of addressing the issues, thus you attack the man (me) with insults. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@PGA2.0
You provided nothing but an ad hom in the previous post
You provided nothing but fabricated lies, what do you think you should expect from that? Hugs?

Stop lying and you'll be treated with respect. Keep lying and you won't.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@Goldtop
You provided nothing but an ad hom in the previous post
You provided nothing but fabricated lies, what do you think you should expect from that? Hugs?
I made an argument. Dispute it or show how it is inconsistent by showing what you believe is its fallacies instead of making assertions.

I came here for discussion, not slander. 

Stop lying and you'll be treated with respect. Keep lying and you won't.

Apply this standard to yourself. 
Goldtop
Goldtop
I made an argument.
An argument based on fabricated lies.

Dispute it
Why would anyone waste their time dealing with your obvious fabricated lies?

I came here for discussion
Fabricating lies makes for a very poor, irrelevant and pointless discussion. But, that's probably all you're capable of providing.
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
You have it somewhat backwards: the idea of god compliments science. Ever since the age of enlightenment, people have been neatly fitting gods into the gaps of our knowledge (derived through science). Seizures in the year 50 were demonic possessions. Now we know they're neurologically caused and in many cases, we have solutions (derived through science, not praying). People who still want to include the supernatural in that will tell you "Well, that's how the demons work, in your mind!" Just one example, it's something I know you're familiar with (god of the gaps), I won't belabor it. 

The problem is that mental institutions are filled with incurable mental diseases. They're there to basically (many of them forgotten) to die because we don't have a clue on how to treat them naturally. I believe God is the one who gives knowledge on how to treat mental illnesses medically up to a point. Jesus actually made it clear that demonic possession had different levels, and how to deal with them. Man in all of our magnificence are hesitant to seek that kind of knowledge from a higher power, unfortunately at the expense of many.

Our intellectual pride is what's killing us. We've advanced so much, now we can blow up the entire planet with a push of a button. We have to rely on human balance of power to keep us in our comfort zone, which is pretty pitiful. Someone always seems to suffer because of human advancement. The obvious would be AI, which is very helpful, but some will lose their jobs as a result. Maybe if we followed George Washington Carver's advice, seek wisdom from the creator, we'd get insight on how to progress without it being at the expense of others.

By the way, I do know of one of those incurable mental patients who was cured by prayer instead of medicine.

Goldtop
Goldtop
I believe God is the one who gives knowledge on how to treat mental illnesses medically up to a point. Jesus actually made it clear that demonic possession had different levels, and how to deal with them.
Cleansing with lambs blood? Cleansing with fire? Cleansing with leeches? Cut off the persons head?

Which one of those are supported by medicine?
ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@RoderickSpode
Thanks for demonstrating exactly my point: god can only fit into the gaps science hasn't filled yet. Diseases are not PERMANENTLY incurable, bro. Do you realize how many diseases we've cured in the last 200 years? the last 75? Do you know that DNA was discovered AFTER Joe Dimaggio retired?!? How many forms of cancer in 1960 were terminal compared to today? Do you think we eliminated those by appealing to Jesus to help, or by using science and study? Let me guess: science and study guided by Jesus? Please demonstrate Jesus's contribution then. 

Let's say you take your ailing parent to a medical doctor. He says bad news. Dad's got alzheimer's. You are, rightly, devastated, before you go out to your car and thank god for this diagnosis, your doctor says "I have one treatment option that I'm pretty sure will work. Now, none of my colleagues or professional journals will back this up, but I'm pretty sure it'll work. It has nothing to do with medicine, I mean I'm not going to prescribe any to help because I think that's hubris. What I WILL do, though, is sit down in a quiet room and ask my imaginary friend to cure your dad. I am 100% sure it'll work because the bible says it will. Unless you don't believe the same as I do, or properly, or as hard, then it's probably not going to work. So just to be clear, no medical treatment, no medicine, I will sit and pray about it, if it works then Jesus, if it doesn't, your fault. Or maybe your sinnin' ass father's fault. Either way, you thank Jesus, and me too if it works but don't blame me if it doesn't. Sound good?"

Would you seek a second opinion? I mean from a prideful neurosurgeon second opinion. Why or why not?
RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@ludofl3x
If a doctor said I'll ask my imaginary friend, I would go to a different doctor.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Goldtop
Cleansing with lambs blood? Cleansing with fire? Cleansing with leeches? Cut off the persons head?

Which one of those are supported by medicine?
Which of those are supported methods of medical treatment in the Bible?

WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@Paul
Religion ?   only the Abrahamic GOD garbage Religions twist their Comic Book idiocy into a TOOL of OPPRESSION and SLAVERY

The Ancient Jainism and Hinduism make advanced knowledge and  extraterrestrial beings NORMAL and ACCEPTED....these 
Alien Species are NOT GODS to be worshipped and beg for SALVATION...they were treated as such and this behavior which
is understandable since the majority of HUMANS were and sadly still are STUPID WEAK MINDED SHEEP...

HUMAN sheeple....or FLOCK of FOOLS who just don't know any better about handling INFORMATION....these pathetic creatures
are so dumbed down, hypnotized, and brainwashed to OBEY those people who PLAY GOD....and that is the REALITY of the
Abrahamic GOD garbage...= the JEW God - the JESUS hoax - the ALLAH God insanity...these 3 stooge GODS are nothing more 
than SCAPEGOATS...and the greatest THREAT to the Parasite VAMPIRES that promote and act like them is KNOWLEDGE
without restriction....meaning an OPEN MINDED human that is curious and intrigued NOT FEARFUL of exploring the POSSIBILITIES 
of anything would NEVER fall to the floor and beg for forgiveness and salvation from some human CIRCUS CLOWN PREACHER
that uses the GODS as an excuse to ENSLAVE and ABUSE them into petty minded servants...

SCIENCE is merely a METHOD of exploring something...it is NOT the ANSWER to EVERYTHING....the combination of an OPEN 
MIND without FEAR - INTIMIDATION - VIOLENCE will expand not CONTRACT ....

The so called GODS are gone and never visible or available....BUT the construct of the GODS as a TOOL of SLAVERY is the standard
The Abrahamic GOD VOMITING SCUM are the most DEADLY and DESTRUCTIVE humans on EARTH...all 3 promote the End of Days
and are doing all they can to manifest it...they are truly the TERRORISTS of EARTH...

Until all Religions are placed into Mythology where they cannot be used as WEAPONS of MASS DESTRUCTION the Parasite VAMPIRES
cloaked behind them will DESTROY EVERYTHING GUARANTEED...

Science + Curiosity to explore and discover without the INTENT to use knowledge for DEATH - DESTRUCTION  -POWER - CONTROL is
the new frontier of humanity...the rest can go to the HELL it has become = the JEW - JESUS - ALLAH God - Dogma- Bible/Kran VOMIT

janesix
janesix
-->
@WisdomofAges
ancient aliens?
WisdomofAges
Debates: 5
WisdomofAges
-->
@janesix
OBVIOUSLY.....why humans are so determined to stall the OBVIOUS is PROOF...absolute irrefutable PROOF....that the Abrahamic GOD preachers
are PARASITES...and are directly responsible for the DARK AGES - IGNORANCE - WAR - DEATH - DESTRUCTION for the sake of POWER and
CONTROL over the masses....and SADLY preventing the expansion of knowledge on and under the EARTH's surface = Ancient Civilizations
many of which were influenced by OFF WORLD SPECIES...NO DOUBT...not some idiotic GOD twisted hoax humans must pray to....disgusting

the GODS are obviously a variety of advanced species that visited and inhabited this world....just as humans will be as they visit other worlds of
this solar system..which is accelerating NOW....or perhaps remnants of HUMAN habitation may be discovered on nearby planets or moons..?

The OPEN MINDED HUMAN that is curious about everything without restriction is the FUTURE....the LIVING DEAD are those humans that are
so BRAINWASHED and HYPNOTIZED to OBEY the JEW - JESUS - ALLAH preaching PARASITES....= 2 billion Jesus fools and 2 billion Allah
fools who are OBSESSED with MURDERING the OPEN MIND....as these Parasites DROP DEAD...most by 2060....the new frontiers of TECH-
SCIENCE - and LIFE without the Abrahamic GOD OPPRESSING PSYCHOPATHS....will flourish like never before in recent human existence
= last 8,000 years....

Ancient ALIENS ?   no...not really...these were highly advanced species...that GENETICALLY ENGINEERED the modern human form...as humans
genetically engineer CATS - DOGS - HORSES - AGRICULTURE - CELLS ++++  

The Abrahamic GOD PLAYING HUMAN PARASITE VAMPIRES have destroyed humanities OPEN MIND and CURIOSITY to EXPLORE...until recently...(last 50 years)...these JEW - JESUS - ALLAH God vomiting Parasites have OPPRESSED and caused more DEATH and DESTRUCTION
than any human endeavor on EARTH....all former mass destruction was done by Alien Species...the evidence is right under YOUR FEET...

SOLUTION ?   Yes....do to the JEW  - JESUS - ALLAH GOD hoaxes as they have done to all the other GODS...relegate them to Comic Book
Mythology....so no human can EVER use them as an EXCUSE to TERRORIZE - MURDER - RAPE and DESTROY all who just don't give a CRAP
or need to .....about these GOD hoaxes and the disgusting TERRORIST DOGMA the parasite  Temple - Church - Mosque VAMPIRES attach to
them
janesix
janesix
-->
@WisdomofAges
Yes, it's a plausible idea.
ronjs
ronjs
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Actually Christians and secular science have the same physical evidence ( the rocks, the fossils etc.) but evidence has to be interpreted, it doesn't speak for itself. As far as i know, no fossils have been dug up with birth certicates attach

Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@RoderickSpode
Which of those are supported methods of medical treatment in the Bible?
Probably none, which is the point.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@Goldtop
Then all you've done is give me primitive secular medicinal practices. (The leeches might be the only one though).

I would imagine that some of the medications (and operations) given to mental patients today could be considered pretty primitive as well as they've done is turn patients in to mental vegetables for the rest of their days on earth.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@RoderickSpode
To which god was the prayer directed.
Which god received the prayer and which god acted on it and how can you know this?