So the Gov. of Alabama, want to force rape victims to give birth.

Author: YeshuaRedeemed

Total: 263
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Well, anyone should be able to shoot them (with intent to kill) for any reason already, so it is logical that having been pregnant would give people extra rights, or it would be redundant. I just took a wild guess.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
You think people should be able to shoot pregnant women cause they have less rights? But not rape them. And they can't have abortions. Ok. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Where do you think I have said that it's okay to shoot pregnant women, and because they have less rights? Explain yourself please.

Bear in mind that I'm entertaining a previous statement of yours
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I also have not said that we do not have a right to privacy, that is currently held to shield our medical decisions.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
Then you should quote it because you stated anyone should be able to shoot pregnant women at any time but can't because they have special rights. 

Well, anyone should be able to shoot them (with intent to kill) for any reason already, so it is logical that having been pregnant would give people extra rights, or it would be redundant.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
Why have four of your posts been deleted? 
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
afaik only Physicians and similar licenced practitioners can kill a fetus/baby/human whatever you want to call it.  If this is correct the scope and ability as to what they can and can't do is regulated by their licence (see where I'm going with this?) and who regulates their licences?  The claim that an abortion is a right isn't correct with respect of a right given onto someone else who's actions are under the control of the state via licence etc.  This is partially the reason the leftist say healthcare is a right, which isn't possible but they try to make that argument.  Otherwise any woman could go to any physician and demand an abortion even if that physician didn't want to do it.

States grant licences to people who work in jobs that require them which allows that person to work in that state under the restrictions of that licence.  As with any licence it can be taken away, restrictions placed on it anyway the granter sees fit, not so with rights.

If the Alabama law is restricting the licence, actions of physicians as I understand the law, there is no reason why this shouldn't be upheld in the supreme count.

this has a lot of similarities to assisted suicide imo

When an at home diy kit comes out, I'm buying a lot of stock in that company!
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@secularmerlin

Statistically speaking world wide geographical locations with stricter gun laws suffer less gun related homicide.
This can easily be explained due to other factors, such as GDP per capita, the culture of the country, etc.  America has an aggressive culture compared to a place like Europe, so this could explain the homicide rate increase.  A more accurate way to examine the homicide rate effect is to compare a region before and after gun laws got more strict so this way, we know more accurately what caused the homicide increase.

As for defending yourself from a tyrannical government the small arms you are advocating for are no longer a viable leans of accomplishing this goal.
For everyday civilians, I advocate the right to any gun they can afford and would want, whether that be a pistol or an AK 15 because the typical citizen won't use their gun to unjustly harm someone.  However, in the school for teachers, they should be allowed to arm themselves to take down 1 shooter.

You don't seem particularly worried about a tyrranical government when discussing uteruses. In fact you call for government invasion of uteruses all over the country. That is also logically incongruous.
I don't want the government to force women to have sex.  I merely want to keep the kid, if they are a kid from getting killed by the mother if the mother has had irresponsible sex.  It's better that a mother is pregnant for 9 months over sex she easily could have said no to then for the kid to die.  I also don't want to allow the boyfriend to smash and dash in the event of consensual sex.  This makes boys want sex less.  It's partly why I want to be a virgin until marriage.  So basically both sexes are responsible for the sex they had.  The woman has to endure the pregnancy.  The boy can't smash and dash and should provide emotional support to help the mother/woman.

Your brain actually becomes highly active while you are dreaming. 
If your unnaturally unconscious, I don't think your brain is active, although I might be wrong on this.  If I'm right, does it mean an unnaturally unconscious person should be killed if they're expected to regain consciousness in 14 weeks?

All organisms are either one cell or a bundle of cells. Being a bundle of cells does not grant rights or a cockroach would have rights and in my kitchen at least they do not.
The difference between a cockroach and a fetus is chromosomes.  A fetus has human chromosomes, a cockroach does not.

What do you think of mustardness and disgusted?  I think they are assholes.
Snoopy
Snoopy
My phone is having trouble posting today, and also double posting.

I have not deleted any material I have posted to this thread, or at least not intentionally. I've deleted some redundant posts.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Then you should quote it because you stated anyone should be able to shoot pregnant women at any time but can't because they have special rights. 

Well, anyone should be able to shoot them (with intent to kill) for any reason already, so it is logical that having been pregnant would give people extra rights, or it would be redundant.  I just took a wild guess
This is an extension from the previous context of infanticide.  Them, is not referring to adults.  I'm wondering what extra right having been pregnant would bring.

This conversation chain stems from post #44, which secularmerlin concurred was "well stated"
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Alec
This can easily be explained due to other factors, such as GDP per capita, the culture of the country, etc.  America has an aggressive culture compared to a place like Europe, so this could explain the homicide rate increase.  A more accurate way to examine the homicide rate effect is to compare a region before and after gun laws got more strict so this way, we know more accurately what caused the homicide increase.
All of which still leaves us with no reason to think that more guns = more safety.
I don't want the government to force women to have sex. 
Good because that would be rape.
 I merely want to keep the kid
Are we discussing kids or fetuses? Please decide on your prefered topic.
I also don't want to allow the boyfriend to smash and dash in the event of consensual sex.  This makes boys want sex less.
Nothing makes boys want less sex. You are displaying a remarkable poor understanding of human sexuality. Also how exactly do you intend to enforce this without tyrranical means?
If your unnaturally unconscious, I don't think your brain is active, although I might be wrong on this.  If I'm right, does it mean an unnaturally unconscious person should be killed if they're expected to regain consciousness in 14 weeks?
Are we discussing people or fetuses?
The difference between a cockroach and a fetus is chromosomes.  A fetus has human chromosomes, a cockroach does not.
Do we attribute personhood entirely based on chromosomes or do we attribute personhood based on behavior and communication skills?
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@secularmerlin
Are we discussing kids or fetuses? Please decide on your prefered topic.
Are we discussing babies, or kids?  That is a loaded question.  Analogously, detachment from the placenta is not a transformative event that makes one human.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
Please pinpoint the transformative event that does make one human or you have done nothing to "unload" the question.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@secularmerlin
Please pinpoint the transformative event that does make one human or you have done nothing to "unload" the question.
Since detachment from the placenta is not a transformative event,  it logically follows that if what you consider a "kid" is human, that also a "fetus" is human, assuming that what you consider a kid was once attached to a human placenta.

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@secularmerlin

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
I never said it's ok to shot anyone at any time but whatever. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
Babies are born humans. Fetuses are not. 
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
I am reluctant to attribute personhood to anything that is incapable of communicating complex concepts. The development of language skills may be the transformative event that you are referencing. 

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Snoopy
I am reluctant to attribute personhood to anything that is incapable of communicating complex concepts. The development of language skills may be the transformative event that you are referencing. 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I never said it's ok to shot anyone at any time but whatever
Hopefully I have not come across as if  you spoke in such a manner.  You implied that people think its okay to have a gun to kill people for any reason, analogously to the practice of abortion as it currently exists.

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Snoopy
Never said to kill people. And they can own a gun for any reason, even if home security which could result in a dead person. 
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
#44 If you are ok killing people with a gun for any reason don't blame a women who wants to terminate a pregnancy before the thing is even a person. 

You did happen to imply that others are okay killing people with a gun, as they should be okay with killing subhumans for any reason. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Vader
Try responding to this

Give us more military weapons. We demand the right to kill hundreds of kids at once, but we demand that women have no autonomous control of their own bodies.
Kill children by the hundreds because that is our right, but women don't have rights.

instead of scurrying away.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Snoopy
Why do the ignorant keep conflating abortion with killing people? Abortion is ONLY about a woman's right to bodily autonomy.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Snoopy
If you are a doctor, you should be able to crush an infant's head with the consent of the mother for any reason.

Why? Who says?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Snoopy
Now your just advocating the good ole Muuurikan way
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Snoopy
Ignorance of the brainwashed. Why are you entitled to more rights than any woman is?
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
I'm not entitled to more rights than anyone else, not that I know of.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
Why?

Family planning
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted