-->
@Greyparrot
I am sure you are. 

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
Remember the Star Trek next gen episode when they go to the planet where every crime carries the death penalty and so there was no crime.  No one cares about punishments anymore and they are becoming softer on criminals.
heard that guy who pushed the child off the 2nd floor at a mall only got 12 years, which we all know he won't actually serve half that, talk about crying wolf.
the punishments in many crimes and instances are not an adequate deterrent to prevent crimes or punish those who commit them, obviously.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Capital crimes are virtually non existent in China.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@Greyparrot
China has the Death penalty for murder at least.
n8nrgmi
n8nrgmi
-->
@Alec

so if a dude rapes a woman, and the woman aborts. you want to execute the woman, and the man gets the chance to live? does this at all seem backwards to you?
Alec
Alec
-->
@n8nrgmi
If the dude rapes the woman, then the woman gets $250,000 if she keeps the pregnancy.  The rapist would have to pay an additional $1.5 million in fines to the gov as deterrence.  Otherwise, the woman should be put to death for murder as well as the doctor who did it.  I might consider advocating for the death of only punishing the doctor who killed the fetus, but someone has to die as punishment.  Since the killed baby probably can't feel pain, the execution too would also be painless.  If there was conventional murder, where someone gets stabbed, I would want the murderer to be stabbed to death.  If she needs help with the pregnancy, she can get a boyfriend to help her and she can promise a small portion of the money in exchange for his emotional support for the pregnancy.  This way, boyfriend ally gets a little rich for a kid, the girl gets money that the rapist pays for and the rapist get punished severely.  The alternative to birthing the child is punishing the baby for the rapist's crime.  The only one that should suffer is the rapist.

It doesn't seem backwards to me because abortion is worse then rape.  Both are absolutely horrible, horrible things to do.  However, if I were to believe that abortion is murder, then I have no choice but to treat it just like murder.  I'm open to change my mind though.  If you want to comment about abortion, mention me on an abortion thread, there are many of those now due to the Alabama law.  However, lets keep the rape thread about rape.
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@n8nrgmi
He hates women obviously and is some what ok with rape since the thinks some random rapists has millions when we can't collect on 500 buck in restitution in most cases. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
He hates women obviously and is some what ok with rape since the thinks some random rapists has millions when we can't collect on 500 buck in restitution in most cases. 
Groundless accusation.  I want the woman who gets raped to get $250,000 in restitution paid for by the rapist.  Most rapists aren't that rich.  The rapist would have other consequences as well.  If a rich rapist is married and he gets caught with a rape, his wife would be pretty alienated.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Alec
What amount of crimes go unsolved, or otherwise do not result in conviction?
Alec
Alec
-->
@Snoopy
I don't know.  I heard that it's around 97% which is shockingly high.  However at least for rape, if the victim gets a $250,000 reward, it would increase the number and percentage of rapists that get punished.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
Capital crimes are virtually non existent in China.
I've heard they harvest kidneys etc from prisoners, so killing them off would put a damper on that market.

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
cash wards means more false accusations in the hopes of a settlement or big windfall, really bad idea.
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
If the accusation is false and brought to court, the "victim" gets the penalty that the "rapist" would have received.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
so the suggestion is just the person saying it seem like they care
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
If the accusation is false and brought to court, the "victim" gets the penalty that the "rapist" would have received.
the court system couldn't handle it, look at how things are now.
There's a registry for pedophiles, is there one for rapist?  I don't think there is, but perhaps depending on the situation they could be added to a list for a certain period of time?

TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
great point, collecting the money is a whole different ball of wax, imo it doesn't make sense to bog down the already overloaded system.  It's near impossible to get real justice in many of these violent cases imo.  Personally I'm partial to a more medieval form of justice, I'd let the victim determine the punishment if they wanted for really awful cases.