According to AOC, cauliflower is racist

Author: Alec

Total: 98
DBlaze
Debates: 0
DBlaze
-->
@Greyparrot
Interesting history of Census.  I do find it funny that White has always been just that.   So, what is it really?  Is it the vast differences in cultures that is the catalyst for the need to keep tabs on everyone, and we just happen to look different?  Or, is it the fact that people look different that separates us, where we have to count everyone and keep tabs on them.  

And if culture is the reason, are all white people's culture, no matter where they are from, so close to one another that it is not worth keeping track of, or is it that whites all look alike and you can't tell if someone is lying or not?

Maybe we should go back into the heritage/liniage of every white mass murderer and see if there are any similarities.  Maybe they are all from Whales or something.  I hope not, because that is where I am from.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
Before the Jews were rounded up and exterminated, the Nazis kept a census of them and labeled them with visible armbands.

Anyone worried about being marginalized should resist any form of labelling by the government, or by anyone with power and guns.
DBlaze
Debates: 0
DBlaze
-->
@Greyparrot
Good point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
Also, you don't have to answer anything in the US census other than verifying that you are a person living in America, considering the constitution only requires a headcount of people for the purposes of representation. Any other questions the intrusive government asks you can be considered unenforceable mandates. Answer at your own personal risk of loss of liberty.

Don't even volunteer the information that you are a legal US citizen. You have no idea what list the government will put you on and who they will sell that list to for whatever means they see fit.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@CroixRennie
All taxes paid to support welfare are reparations for choosing to be more productive with your life.
This kinda ties in with the point I was making about people in power labelling with inaccurate labels for the sole purpose of marginalizing diverse groups.

Welfare has grown into such a giant monster of government authority that the government has had to resort to mislabelling wealthy people as criminals and poor people as victims in order to justify their power. The actual rhetoric of politicians on the left is that the rich steal the wealth from the poor. This broad mislabelling of wealthy as criminals is so laughable when you take any NBA millionaire for example. Most of the wealthy NBA players steal exactly zero wealth from the poor. In fact most of them grew up in poverty and worked their way up using exceptional effort, not criminal endeavors against the poor.

Wealth is not a zero sum game, and people from one generation to another move up and down wealth brackets. Most of the millionaires in 2018 were self-made (with a lot of help from a robust stock market). There is no upper limit to how hard a person can work to invest in himself to become productive and create wealth where there was none to begin with. While there may be SOME wealthy criminals like Soros who purchases politicians for the sole purpose of manipulating markets through the force of government regulations, literally stealing from the poor by forcing devaluations on their capital and purchasing it with pennies on the dollar through his hedge funds, the vast majority of the rich plays by the rules and does not use force through the government to steal from the poor. 

So when Bernie Sanders pounds his fist on his podium and demands that the all the criminal rich pay their fair share for stealing from the poor, you know that he is asking for reparations from the all the wealthy to compensate the victimized poor. That is how broad labels were used to transform what used to be a basic social safety net that everyone was okay with 70 years ago into the current welfare monstrosity that eats up trillions of dollars of our budget we cannot afford. The government maintains the broken system by pitting one group against another using fake labels: "Criminal wealthy" vs "Victimized poor." Government knows how to divide and conquer to maintain power, so it's not just limited to only race baiting using broad skin color labels to pit one group against another.
CroixRennie
Debates: 1
CroixRennie
-->
@Greyparrot
Congratulation, you’re capable of writing a monologue.  Nothing you said remotely addressed anything I said about your hypocrisy when it comes to you concern trolling about political racist rhetoric.  At this point you’re pretty much just gish-galloping and saying whatever is expedient for you.  You keep moving the goalpost on your already amorphous argument, that I think even you are losing track of your euphemism at this point.  Dude this is a thread about how planting cauliflower vs yucca in a greenspace ignores the culture of the community it serves.  If you can’t understand that concept, because  you have the political assessment skills of an 8 year old...I don’t think you should be the person giving diatribes about wealth inequality.  
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
Furthermore:

Is cauliflower in a white sauce with a cheesy crumb crust, also overtly discriminatory.

One wouldn't want to upset cheesy people.

RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
Sometimes I think Republicans are actually proud of being stupid. No, like seriously I do and that was the whole appeal of Trump over someone like Marco Rubio for them.