-->
@Stephen
Yep that's displaying it.
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
BTW neither Darwin nor Wallace had any knowledge of the ToE, but keep displaying your ignorance.

PROVE IT!

that's displaying it.

So that is another failure to support your FKN claims.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
Nothing of what you say about a Trinity or an incarnation or salvation follows from the mere fact that reality exists. Yet your conception of God entails these things. Therefore you ascribe much more to God than just Ultimate Reality.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
Maybe In a dream like state REM this ultimate reality might ummmm , i dont know.
Or
Or
I reckon we don't love god when we sleep. 

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
This might not be immediately obvious, but The Trinity actually demonstrates how our God is not a conception. We could even go so far as to say that other monotheists in fact worship a conception of God because they don't acknowledge what is expressed in The Trinity.

A pretty beefy(in terms of Christology) excerpy from Saint Paul's letter to the Colossians...

"The Son, who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:
If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven"

Our faith has everything to do with how God is and how we relate to God. This makes a lot more sense if you come to understand our discipline, which very much has to do with expelling delusion and purifying the intellect through love of The Truth.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull

I reckon we don't love god when we sleep

Some particularly hardcore monastics have written about sinning in their sleep. Some really hardcore monastics are known to be practically sleepless.

These are certainly things that cross the minds of those who have dedicated themselves to being monks.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Lets see where your god has come from. Your god was invented some 3 thousand years ago by a tribe called Canaanites who had some of their gods adopted by the Isralites. If they lived for 400yrs as Egyptian slaves why didn't they adopt Egyptian gods but adopted Canaanite gods?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@disgusted
Nonsense. The Ultimate Reality was not invented by anyone, nor could it be. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
So whence comes your claim that your god means your ultimate reality when your god didn't exist before the middle ages?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
The word god did not exist until the middle ages, your claims are just LIES.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
Your reply in no way addressed the question of how the Trinity, the incarnation or salvation follows from the mere fact that reality exists.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
Can you see that for something to exist, for that existence to be a reality, there must be some truth to it?

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
Sure, one definition of truth is "in accordance with reality".
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn

Good good, now here is a connection...

The Word of God is "Truth"
For "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth" and "All things were made by Him(The Word of God, Truth); and without Him was not any thing made that was made."

If something exists, it must exist in truth. Or, the truth in it gives it its existence. If something is true, The Truth in it makes it true.

Can you see this?

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
If something exists, it must exist in truth.
Insofar as truth means "in accordance with reality", sure. If something exists, it must be in accordance with reality.

Or, the truth in it gives it its existence.
What do you mean by "gives"? And how is this any different than saying that its existence gives it truth?

The fact that something is in accordance with reality is just another way of saying that it exists. 

If something is true, The Truth in it makes it true.
This is just a tautology. If something exists, its Existence is what makes it exist. If something is round, its Roundness is what makes it round. If something has three legs, its three-leggedness is what makes it have three legs.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
The Ultimate Reality is God.

The Word of God is Truth. Everything exists by The Word of God.

The Truth is in creation, so it is incarnate in creation. 

What should be taken home here is that God is present, omnipresent even, in creation. Though God is Uncreated, God is still present in creation. 

All of creation is tied to divinity through the fleshly nature of The Son. 

Does this make sense to you?

It is not needless repetition. There is a point to it all, and when(if) it all clicks you will realize that what is being explained is apodictic truth.

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Mopac
Surely there must be some protestants who must know Jesus Christ.

Are you judging who is and who is not saved? Is that not of God to decide? Many profess Jesus and not all are saved yet I do not believe it is my right to say who is saved or who will be. That is God's prerogative alone. The fruit of the Spirit is an indication though, and when someone preaches a Jesus other than the Jesus of the NT then he/she is to be corrected and shown his/her error. If a person preaches another Jesus it does show they do not know the Lord and what He has done. If you want to go that far and question whether protestants know Jesus Christ then point out what we have said that goes against His word. His word is THE standard.  

We know Jesus Christ by the Word (and He is the Word who became flesh), by the Spirit, and through God's grace. 
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
Your first few lines amount to "everything that exists has reality, and God is reality, therefore everything that exists has God." Well, ok, but I don't see how that gets you anywhere.

The Truth is in creation, so it is incarnate in creation. 
"Creation" is a loaded word. Use "the universe" instead, unless you mean something different than "the universe." Also, you have not established any difference between truth and The Truth.

Though God is Uncreated, God is still present in creation.
If God is reality, and God is uncreated, it would seem to follow that reality is uncreated. Is that what you intend?

All of creation is tied to divinity through the fleshly nature of The Son. 
You haven't defined "divinity" or "The Son", much less shown how they logically follow from anything you've said above.

Does this make sense to you?
Not really. It's missing key logical connections.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@PGA2.0
That was intended to be an invitation to tell who Jesus Christ is, not a jab!
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
I feel that Jesus had to of been a gambit.  Poor bloke. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn

"Creation" is a loaded word. Use "the universe" instead, unless you mean something different than "the universe".

Well, if you know it all already, there is little use in me bothering to address your questions!
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
How does asking you to use precise, well-defined terms imply that I think I know it all?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
You are not simply asking me to clarify, if that was the case, I would be happy to. You instead are telling me to use your language.

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@Mopac
That was intended to be an invitation to tell who Jesus Christ is, not a jab!
Okay, He is the Lord of all and all will bow before Him and confess this to the glory of God the Father.

He is God, the Maker and Sustainer of the universe along with the Father and Spirit. In Him, all things exist and have there being.  

The Son became a Man to satisfy God's righteousness and justice on behalf of those who would believe. He died and rose again from the dead, conquering death that those who believe in His righteousness and His grace would have eternal life. 

I have placed my faith in Him. Thus I believe He is not only my Lord but my Savior.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@PGA2.0
Okay, He is the Lord of all and all will bow before Him and confess this to the glory of God the Father.

He is God, the Maker and Sustainer of the universe along with the Father and Spirit. In Him, all things exist and have there being.  

The Son became a Man to satisfy God's righteousness and justice on behalf of those who would believe. He died and rose again from the dead, conquering death that those who believe in His righteousness and His grace would have eternal life. 
All of this was written by ignorant, primitive superstitious savages, why should anybody believe what they thought?
I have placed my faith in Him. Thus I believe He is not only my Lord but my Savior.
From what do you need saving?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Prove it. All you do is regurgitate unsupportable claims, you have fantasies not facts.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
Prove it. All you do is regurgitate unsupportable claims, you have fantasies not facts.

Here he is once more, demanding evidence for claims made by others but never ever produces evidence for his own outrageous and preposterous claims.

Failures to produce. Cut out and keep failures by >>>>@ disgusted

@>>>>disgusted;  prior to middle ages the word god didn't exist

And you can show us all your evidence for that claim can you? Let's see it then.

@>>>>disgusted; "we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

"YOU PROVEIT"!  Simply back it up.  You have claimed something that even Darwin and Wallace couldn't explain. Explain To us all with supporting evidence  the appearance of humans. Just saying the words; "the theory of evolution" doesn't support what you claim. It's just a title of the proposed theory and nothing else. 

@>>>>disgusted;Everyone lives in the same reality, 
Another profound statement from our resident philosopher, physicist, scientist,naturalist, geologist,archaeologist, theologist and all round egghead. Now is all he has to do is produce the evidence to support his claim.  This should be extremely interesting.  

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
I didn't mean it to come across like that. I meant to merely ask if you meant something besides "the universe" by "creation".
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You can keep the bait but can I have the line and reel back?
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

--> @disgusted

Here he is once more, demanding evidence for claims made by others but never ever produces evidence for his own outrageous and preposterous claims.

Failures to produce. Cut out and keep failures by >>>>@ disgusted

@>>>>disgusted;  prior to middle ages the word god didn't exist

And you can show us all your evidence for that claim can you? Let's see it then.

@>>>>disgusted; "we have evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"? 

"YOU PROVEIT"!  Simply back it up.  You have claimed something that even Darwin and Wallace couldn't explain. Explain To us all with supporting evidence  the appearance of humans. Just saying the words; "the theory of evolution" doesn't support what you claim. It's just a title of the proposed theory and nothing else. 

@>>>>disgusted;Everyone lives in the same reality, 
Another profound statement from our resident philosopher, physicist, scientist,naturalist, geologist,archaeologist, theologist and all round egghead. Now is all he has to do is produce the evidence to support his claim.  This should be extremely interesting.