Those Battling 45,000 Denominations

Author: RoderickSpode

Total: 308
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
"I must be exercised of demons" lmao. My demons are my bitches. I don't need to exercise them, that would mean they won. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
You really have it backwards. They have even fooled you into thinking that you are getting a good deal despite the fact they are living in you rent free(while smoking and keeping pets).

Demons are never on your side, and they are certainly not your bitches if they are possessing you.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
Demons are never on your side, and they are certainly not your bitches if they are possessing you.
Everyone has "demons" whether they like it or not. I don't define demons like you do since i'm not Christian. Everyone has a dark side... almost everyone if i'm being specific. I have a theory that dark and good in people is on a spectrum. Most would fall into the mix, but i guess it's possible there are some absolutely good people and some absolutely evil people (both being very rare). In most cases however, everyone has demons. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
"Through repentance the filth of our foul actions is washed away. After this, we participate in the Holy Spirit, not automatically, but according to the faith, humility and inner disposition of the repentance in which our soul is engaged. For this reason it is good to repent each day as the act of repentance is unending." ~ Symeon the New Theologian

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
Repentance is not a good way to deal with one's darkness. This allows the people on the darker side of the spectrum to rationalize there darkness and later say, "sorry god - i repent my sins." No, no, no. One must understand that they're flawed, understand their darkness, and fight it each day to never manifest into our world. The only person responsible to keep their darkness in check is themselves... no one erases it. And, if there are humans that can't control their darkness, it's up to the ones that can to oppose them. No one erases / "washes" away their darkness bc they repent.       
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
For repentence to be real, you do not simply say "I'm sorry, I goofed", you must replace the bad behavior with good behavior.

The Greek word for repentance is "metanoia", which is a changing of the mind. A change of course.

See if you rely on your own self, you will actually find that you will rationalize evil. If you rely on The Truth, and love The Truth, it is that love of The Truth that allows The Holy Spirit, that Spirit of Truth to cleanse you. You do not do it on your own.

So the work on your end is to cooperate. We Orthodox understand this as the doctrine of synergism

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
For repentence to be real, you do not simply say "I'm sorry, I goofed", you must replace the bad behavior with good behavior.
Do you think any human that is bad and repents... will never be bad again?

The Greek word for repentance is "metanoia", which is a changing of the mind. A change of course.
Can any human become perfect (meaning no more bad) bc they changed their mind? Same question as above i guess.  

See if you rely on your own self, you will actually find that you will rationalize evil.
I never say this bc i usually don't have to... but, i think overall i'm a pretty good human being. 

So the work on your end is to cooperate. 
How do you know god didn't create me exactly the way i am and i've been cooperating this whole time?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
Repentance is not simply changing your belief, but what motivates you and influence you. It is intrinsically tied to action. You shouldn't want to do what you repent from anymore, as your desire for whatever you repented from is replaced with a different desire. For example, going from a desire to feed the passions to stilling the passions. Why would anyone want to do this? Love of God. 

It is not easy to say, get over a drug addiction if life to you is the fulfilling of the lusts of mind and flesh.

Discernment is a gift of The Holy Spirit. I can see very clearly that you are in prelest. The good news is that this is not an incurable condition.

But as I said, God does not force a cure on those who do not wish to be cured. If you want to be healed, there is a faithfulness required on your part. The good doctor can give you a prescription, but it is up to you to follow through.
Mopac
Mopac
"The Lord greatly loves the repenting sinner and mercifully presses him to His bosom: "Where were you, My child? I was waiting a long time for you." The Lord calles all to Himself with the voice of the Gospel, and his voice is heard in all the world: "Come to me, my sheep. I created you, and I love you. My love for you brought Me to earth, and I suffered all things for the sake of your salvation, and I want you all to know my love, and to say, like the apostles on Tabor: Lord, it is good for us to be with You."" ~ Silouan the Athonite

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
Repentance is not simply changing your belief, but what motivates you and influence you.
I'm done with this conversation. All you do is reinforce your own worldview by pretending i'm in "prelest" and must not understand. You have a twisted way of reinforcing your beliefs which i would say is what's truly a "prelest." You can repent all you want, you can change your mind all you want... but you are still human and flawed. Pretending like you are not flawed just puts you into a state of delusion that somehow you are holy than others... and they're in "prelest" and you're not... you know better. You are better, bc you found god. I'm done indulging this hateful worldview.  And notice i said "content"... maybe you are trying to be good, idk. All i know is you don't ask questions, you don't answer questions, you don't try to understand where i am coming from at all. You are stuck in your worldview and don't care what i have to say. I've indulged you enough and will end with i simply disagree that your church is the truth. Call me possessed or whatever... that's just a cop-out to me, but if it makes you feel better, then continue being you. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, outplayz.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Mopac
I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, outplayz.
I really don't feel anything... you are a testing ground. If you could change, my personal belief would be wrong. I'm actually rather amused. But it is a waste of my time (and boring) going back and forth with you when you go in circles... now... i know you like having the last word so give me a bible verse please.   
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Outplayz
"Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.
Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar."

triangle.128k
triangle.128k
-->
@RoderickSpode
With the amount of Christian denominations present, there is bound to be a degree of conflict. This is clearly not what Christ intended.

Christendom was long united before the Protestant reformation. There was a split in the Great Schism, though there were signs to repairing the schism by the later Byzantine emperors until the fall of Constantinople. 

With the Protestant reformation, Christendom fell apart and divided itself. It opened the way for great levels of heresy and a deviance from Christianity's long held traditions and doctrines to those Christians exposed to Protestantism.

Christ handed Peter the keys to create the one Holy, Apostolic, and Catholic Church. His intention was for Christendom to be united under one banner. Protestantism defies this. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@triangle.128k
Thankfully, Orthodox Catholicism managed to stay intact against the coercions of the heretics because of those who were by the grace of God brave enough to stand for the true faith like Saint Mark of Ephesus!

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
Let us now take six seconds to think about that BLOKE that said hey. 
He said, what we should do is get god to speak scripture.  
And a 2
And 3.
Four 
And a five. 
And six.

Nice hey ?

With Soooooooooo many denominations and sooooooo many difff versions of these holy books it is clear that gods wanted us to make grouos over him. 

No but my " TELL IT LIKE IT IS " version of holy books would be GREAT SELLERS.
Simply ask all you lot, ok guys , what does this verse mean and what does that verse mean.  We can then erase the scripture and write in the top three EASY to understand / STRAIGHT FORWARD /  TO THE POINT meanings of said scriptures .
Just to clean things up. 
Yes ? Yes ?

Of course not.
Rubble  Rubble Rubble. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
There is your group mopac, Orth christs.  And then Two / three suburbs over there is a group of Orth christs.
Exactly the same but only diffrent hey ?

When was the last time you went to a diffrent church then your normal church pac ?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I go to at least 3 different churches a week, a lot of times 4.

I get around a lot.

Only one of which is Orthodox, but I am definitely Orthodox. I do a lot of work with churches in the area, because there are still things we can work together on. 

It is not really necessary to read the bible to be Orthodox. If you find scripture confusing, don't worry about it. 

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
That's unreal. 
Do they differ much ?

Ha, listen to me pretending to be buddy buddy withyou,  
Ok im going to like speak a little nonsense about god now,
then i might leave with calling you a name or something hey.
Ummmmm yeah. Ok then. 

.I wouldn't think a God wouldn't care if you went to that group or that. Aslong as.
Aslong as its a religious group that sings . 
I know very littlenabout the gods but one things is for certain. 
GOD'S LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GETTING GROUP SANG AT.
common sense.

As a matter of fact pac. Correct me if I'm wrong..
There is only one thing gods love more then getting group sang at. 
I know you know the answer to this hey ?
On the count of three I'll type God's #1 love is.

GOD'S NUMBER 1 GREATEST LOVES.

( CASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH )

Hey mow mow, 
Gods  fukin LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE CASHHHHHHH $$$$$$$$$$
Right?
Am i right?

It goes 
#1 . cash 
Then
#2 . Getting group sung about / too.

A few other TOP 10 GOD'S GREATEST LOVES.

JAILHOUSE REVEALS.. 
Natural Disasters.
PUFFINS.
STARS.

Good game. 
Good game. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
They are all very different from eachother. Pretty much every end of the nominally Christian spectrum. Calvinists and Wesleyans have very differwnt ways of looking at things. Then another one I go to is a lot more mix bag because it is actually the cooperation of many different churches to have a Sunday event for those who live outside and don't feel comfortable going into church buildings. 

The hymns we sing in the Orthodox Church are not like what they sing in other churches. They often times are different every day, and they are intended to teach the faith. It's moreso for the benefit of those going to church than for God.

Giving money to the church helps pay the staff, building maintenance, and the building of other churches. A lot of clergy are not paid very much anyway, sometimes having to take up other jobs. No one has to give money to the church, and shamefully, a lot of those who go to church don't. However, it does help a lot. No, God doesn't need money. However, money does help keep things running smoothly.

See, you are not into it, so you think it is a big joke. If you cared about these things, it would not be a big joke to you. I don't think it is funny at all. We are living in  a very evil time, and because of how far away society has removed itself from God, we are really heading towards a dangerous place. The lack of reverence, hard heartedness, and toxic cynicism that I witness fills me with sorrow. My people perish for a lack of knowledge, and it is truly a sad sight. I wish better for them.

Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
Pearls and swine. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
I am a fool for Christ's sake. It would be a lot wiser for me to not be here at all. Maybe even shake the dust offf my feet.
croweupc
croweupc
-->
@Mopac
Why do you believe what the Bible says? There are other religions older such as Buddhism which is far more profound. What other book would you accept with talking animals and all manner of unbelievable stories in it. Religion makes people believe ridiculous things and has built in defenses to keep people from questioning their beliefs. You have all the trappings of indoctrination.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
So Christians are indoctrinated and other theists are not? Or just Buddhists.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@croweupc
I disagree with you that buddhism is more profound. There is nothing buddhism offers that is not completed in Orthodox Christianity.

You don't know what the bible is used for, it is not yours to interpret.

Perhaps you sre not aware of the fact that by dismissing me as indoctrinated, you are making use of one of your built in defenses to keep you from questioning what you believe. Yes, it is clear to me that you believe ridiculous things about my faith. In fact, it is evident that you think you know my faith, because when I explain my faith to you, you ignore my explanations and go right back to dismissing me as indoctrinated.

Well, you being arrogant does not in any way make me feel less secure about my faith. I know what I believe. You don't.

croweupc
croweupc
-->
@Mopac
So you’re not being arrogant? If you are anything like the god you serve, I would want nothing to do with him. 

Buddhists don’t tell people to serve their Deity or burn in hell. They simply want to eliminate unnecessary suffering. Christianity seems only to create suffering, guilt, judgment, and bigotry.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@croweupc
Buddhist don't have a deity Moron

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@croweupc
You presuming to know what I believe when you don't is arrogant.
Spare me of your "I know you are but what am I" nonsense. You have no ground to stand on. You were raised by heretics, were involved in heretical churches.

You don't know real Christianity.

croweupc
croweupc
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Name calling!

That was the point. I was contrasting. The Orthodox view of Christianity believes in hell, so that was very much my point. Buddhists also don’t believe in hell, so why not call me out on that point?
croweupc
croweupc
-->
@Mopac
Do you realize you only believe that because you were taught to believe that way?

If you were raised in certain parts of China, Africa, Russia, or North Korea you would have never even heard of Christianity, much less Orthodox Christianity. How lucky you must be to have been raised in just the right location to find the truth.