Trump Fake News

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 61
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Fake News: Fake news, also known as junk news or pseudo-news, is a type of yellow journalism or propaganda that consists of deliberate disinformation or hoaxes spread via traditional news media or online social media.

Articles clearing lays out he is lying. He holds the most power in the United States so it is safe to assume he knew he didn't have a deal but still deliberately spread disinformation or is an id*ot: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/10/us/politics/immigration-mexico-deal-trump.html
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
If that wasn't enough looking at his tweet: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1138030976578310144

He states "We have fully signed and documented another very important part of the Immigration and Security deal with Mexico, one that the U.S. has been asking about getting for many years."

Then states "It will be revealed in the not too distant future and will need a vote by Mexico’s Legislative body!"

Which if you are not catching on means the document is not actually completed when you need Mexico to sign onto it. It is like me saying my deal is complete and ready for the public to hear about in the future even though I haven't actually made sure the person who I am making a deal with actually accepts the deal. 

If that wasn't enough he said this "We do not anticipate a problem with the vote but, if for any reason the approval is not forthcoming, Tariffs will be reinstated!"

Tariffs have yet to help the US economy and goes to show him running businesses doesn't actually mean he knows what to do with the economy. 

As you can clearly see economists don't support tariffs. Guess Trump knows better than the academics in the field. If we compare this to something else. It is like someone taking my advice on how to treat a wound even though I am not a doctor. 

Here is another source that states more economic experts don't agree with tariffs: https://www.factcheck.org/2019/05/economists-tariffs-not-boosting-gdp/

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
This is about illegal immigration.

This is what happens when you don't let Trump build the wall.

Please build the wall, I like a avocados.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
All opinions are a source of fake news, and CNN has no journalists on staff, only biased editorialists.

You can fall on only one of 2 sides, 1) orange man bad...or 2) Orange man REALLY bad.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Trump also is not a journalist, so you can never expect news to come from Trump, fake or otherwise. You can only gather his opinions.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
All opinions are a source of fake news, and CNN has no journalists on staff, only biased editorialists.
By the definition I have clearly laid out you are false. You have yet to provide how every journalist deliberately spreads disinformation. I'll take that as you can't do it.
You can fall on only one of 2 sides, 1) orange man bad...or 2) Orange man REALLY bad.
Really? Have you heard of a false dichotomy? I wouldn't bore you explaining simple concepts when your statements show you can't even understand the simplest of ideas.
Trump also is not a journalist, so you can never expect news to come from Trump, fake or otherwise. You can only gather his opinions.
Journalist: A journalist is a person who collects, writes, or distributes news or other current information to the public.
Well look at the definition. Trump has access to news and distributes it to the public via Twitter. 

To summarize. You don't know what you are talking about and every single point you have spoke about. Has been refuted. I expect you to make excuses for you lack of intelligence or simply not respond. I would like you to not respond but you don't know what is good for you when simple concepts like definitions don't go through to you or a false dichotomy hasn't been something you have come across. Wonder why? Maybe because you have no actual skill in formulating a good argument so instead of learning how to make a good argument you resort to autistic screeching like Mopac. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
This is about illegal immigration.
This is what happens when you don't let Trump build the wall.
Please build the wall, I like a avocados.
Mopac like always can't give a good argument. Would it be down to your indoctrination of Christianity or you lack effort in later life to understand how to make a good argument? Just to be fair I would say it is because of your indoctrination. There are other scenarios but I doubt you are able to understand what I am saying when you say "God is good".

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You're not very bright.

But don't let me stop you from hatin'.

Avocados are good for you.

Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Trump's tariffs have two purposes in mind:
1. Extra tax revenue (because this Congress is stonewalling him at every turn funding-wise)
2. To force other countries to the negotiating table as to get them to comply with principles of free trade in areas where they are not right now, which stands to the detriment of U.S. exporters. Opening up China, in particular, would probably be a massive boost to our economy for many years to come.

As for the second reason, nobody expected the tariffs to do their job overnight. Reagan spent eight years playing hardball with the Soviet Union and even then it wasn't until his successor that the Eastern Bloc actually fell. If it's possible that Trump could eventually accomplish what he's set out to do, then clearly he's going to need more time.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

Ok checkmate, you got me. Acosta mused in this CNN coverage that while people were desperately hoping for Trump to fail, Acosta gives praise to Trump for this speech.
Congratulations CNN for providing a rare 3rd opinion about Trump besides the 99.9% 2 CNN positions of 

1) orange man bad...or
2) Orange man REALLY bad.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Swagnarok
I heard on NPR that Trump is trying to accomplish pro American policies using Tariffs where past presidents did previously using sanctions and the force of the military.

That alone should get him the Nobel peace prize. I'd rather buy a pricey avocado than bury a friend in some pointless proxy war.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
You're not very bright.
But don't let me stop you from hatin'.
Avocados are good for you.
Coming from a Religious zealot?
Don't be surprised if your words don't actually no real meaning to me. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
"your words don't actually no real meaning to me. "

Oh the Irony...
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Swagnarok
Trump's tariffs have two purposes in mind:
1. Extra tax revenue (because this Congress is stonewalling him at every turn funding-wise)
Tariffs don't generate funds. When Trump decides to put tariffs on lets say China. Guess what? China adds their own tarriffs. When that happens people would have to pay more for the same goods. That if they just stop there. If they keep on adding more tariffs goods will cost even more. Your extra tax revenue doesn't actually hold anything because even if lets say there is more money generated from taxes Trump would still need an idea like the border wall to be voted on. I doubt they will have enough votes and it will result in either Trump not being able to generate the funds for the border wall or does another government shutdown. There can be other scenarios but I think these are the most likely. When that happens all the democrats have to do is simply not vote on the wall or don't nudge on giving money to something that Trump failed to get enough people to vote on.
2. To force other countries to the negotiating table as to get them to comply with principles of free trade in areas where they are not right now, which stands to the detriment of U.S. exporters. Opening up China, in particular, would probably be a massive boost to our economy for many years to come.
Free trade? Tariffs are contradictory to free trade. It is like saying you can freely speak your mind but you have to pay taxes AKA tarriffs to do so. It is not a massive boost to the economy and no credible economist says so. No Fox News, Breitbart, Trump and other anti-intellectuals don't count and I have yet to see evidence for anything you just said. 

As for the second reason, nobody expected the tariffs to do their job overnight. Reagan spent eight years playing hardball with the Soviet Union and even then it wasn't until his successor that the Eastern Bloc actually fell. If it's possible that Trump could eventually accomplish what he's set out to do, then clearly he's going to need more time.
What? Tariffs are a bad thing. I have clearly laid it out earlier and all you did was simply ignore my criticism of tariffs. Come back to me when you can actually defend tariffs not ignore what I said and by also bringing in credible economists who agree with tariffs. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist

Ok checkmate, you got me. Acosta mused in this CNN coverage that while people were desperately hoping for Trump to fail, Acosta gives praise to Trump for this speech.
Congratulations CNN for providing a rare 3rd opinion about Trump besides the 99.9% 2 CNN positions of 

1) orange man bad...or 
2) Orange man REALLY bad.
Is this a case of whataboutism where instead of you deciding to critique my argument you decide to pivot to something else? So basically you double down on a false dichotomy which makes it seem like you don't even know a simple concept when it comes to making a good argument and now are pivoting when you can't make an argument against mine. So basically an irrational shows how irrational he is. Who would have guessed otherwise.

"your words don't actually no real meaning to me. "
Oh the Irony...
Is that it? I thought you would actually you know try to make an argument here but guess this is the 3 stages of an irrational person.
1) Try to make an argument but fail.
2) Commit a whataboutism or fail to provide a reasonable critique against the opposing side.
3) Reduce to ad-hominem, name-calling because you haven't got an argument.

Guess you meet all the 3 stages of an irrational person. 
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'm not saying the tariffs themselves help the economy. But it's harmful to the competitveness of foreign companies for whom the U.S. market comprises a big share of their profits. Eventually countries like China may realize that the only way to remove this ill-effect on their economy is to sign a deal with the US. That's the point.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

The 5 official stages of TDS.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Swagnarok
I'm not saying the tariffs themselves help the economy. But it's harmful to the competitveness of foreign companies for whom the U.S. market comprises a big share of their profits
You don't understand. China will also have tariffs which would negate the harm the US has on foreign companies due to foreign governments. This if escalates would only harm the consumer even more if Trump decides to increase tariffs. 
Eventually countries like China may realize that the only way to remove this ill-effect on their economy is to sign a deal with the US. That's the point.
An eventually X may is all you got to provide an actual reason to trust tariffs? Maybe China will budge. How about if they don't? 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
You have yet to provide an argument against mine and only provided even more evidence to how irrational you are. TDS is not a proven thing and propped up by anti-intellectuals like you and the people who you associate with or find commonly shared ideas. I can't argue against irrationality with reason so I'll wait for you stop using your feelings instead of facts. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Just hope for public safety that you remain at stage 3 infestation.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Just hope for public safety that you remain at stage 3 infestation.
I hope that you get the help you deserve. Your irrationality clouds you from seeing what is actual. You think TDS is actually a real thing even though you have yet to bring a professional in the specific field who supports this or argued with logical errors with your doubling down of a false dichotomy (I still don't think you know what it means. Just type it in Google. I know it might be hard for an irrational person to actually research facts when all they see are false data but I am sure you can do it) and carried on with your pivot. 

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Chuck Schumer agreed in principle that China had it coming.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Um, he's a guy who voiced his view on President Trump's policy, and you disagree with it?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Um, he's a guy who voiced his view on President Trump's policy, and you disagree with it?
I just searched him up. The Wiki has him as a senator and has a degree in law. So how does he know what an economist would know if he is a professional when it comes to law not when it comes to the economy?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
So spot on. This is why people who care about the economy need to stop electing lawyers like Schumer and Obama to run the economy and start electing entrepreneurs like Trump.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
So spot on. This is why people who care about the economy need to stop electing lawyers like Schumer to run the economy and start electing entrepreneurs like Trump.
If you want a good economy. An economist should be in charge. If you want a failed businessman who lied his way to get to the top then you want someone like Trump in charge. 
Failed businessman to me is someone who has been in the red: 

Trump has been in the red for a decade.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Trump lost most of his wealth in the last 2 years because he stopped focusing on his business and traded in his equity on his name recognition to run the country.

I'd like to see the same commitment from the current elected lawyers in the swampy D.C. to lose a proportionate amount of wealth by focusing more on the country and less on themselves.

Sadly, most lawyers accumulate wealth after being elected off of the backs of the poor taxpayers.
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@Greyparrot

How about fantasy land?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Trump lost most of his wealth in the last 2 years because he stopped focusing on his business and traded in his equity on his name recognition to run the country.
In other words a failed businessman is what you want into office. Gotcha.
Reinforcing he is of-course a failed businessman.
I'd like to see the same commitment from the current elected lawyers in the swampy D.C. to lose a proportionate amount of wealth by focusing more on the country and less on themselves.
Simply giving your money away doesn't mean it would be useful. It requires laws to be passed in order for the money to be used effective. Trump never stated he did this for the United States. Trump also has yet to make people pay more taxes like how generous you think he is. If he cared so much about giving a lot of money to the government. What better way than simply asking people to pay more in taxes? The thing is your conspiracy theory does not hold up to scrutiny when he did not increase taxes. 
Sadly, most lawyers accumulate wealth after being elected off of the backs of the poor taxpayers.
Like everything else here. More pivots.