New Poll

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 84
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'll give you credit. You did your homework. I guess there are some reliable polls out there. I'm not going to say that all of them are though.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
His homework is incomplete. He left out michigan,
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't think that changes enough.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
Also, if you remove California, Trump won the popular vote, which is the very reason why we have the EC so that one large state does not get to pick the president for the rest of the other 49 states. We don't live by mob rule.
We are a Republic, not a Democracy.

Democracy: 4 guys and 2 girls in a room. The 4 guys vote to rape the 2 girls. Mob rule.

Republic: The men get 1 vote, the Women get 1 vote. No raping occurs.

Mharman
Mharman
-->
@Greyparrot
This is about the polls, not the EC. I agree that we need the EC.

She only proved late state by state polls were reliable. She didn't prove the early polls were, nor did she prove the national polls were.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Hillary'S CHACH  to win by 93%
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mharman
I'll give you credit. You did your homework. I guess there are some reliable polls out there. I'm not going to say that all of them are though.
Thanks. These are based on what this site considers to be reliable. They were only wrong about Wisconsin. Sorry about missing MI. Did check it twice so at least I know I only missed out one data but if I added that in. The polls would be correct about Michigan. 
She only proved late state by state polls were reliable. She didn't prove the early polls were, nor did she prove the national polls were.
She? I am a he. The national polls were correct in a sense with what they predicated was accurate with what happened.
Hillary had a 3% lead against Trump. When we see what happened:
On the right hand next to the popular vote percentage she was 2.1% higher. I would still consider only being wrong about 0.9% as accurate. 

If I am understanding what the national polls judge on that site. Which states "This page displays the current 270toWin Polling Average for each state." I think it polls for the popular vote then the electoral map the site decides to plot that in with the information they have gathered. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Hillary'S CHACH  to win by 93%
What is CHACH?

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Chanch
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I think you mean chance. You haven't exactly said how NYT got to that conclusion instead simply missed out key information. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
thats your job
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
Polls had Michigan clearly in the blue.
Mharman
Mharman
-->
@TheRealNihilist
She. I'm a he.
I keep thinking of Ilhan Omar every time I read your name, so I picture her behind the computer. Oops lol.

mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
Democracy:
A system of government.  Best I can  tell your anti-government Sad :--(

4 guys and 2 girls in a room. The 4 guys vote to rape the 2 girls.
Government with no morals involving fairness and justice.

Mob rule.
GP's approach existence of any government aka barbarians rule and extreme libertarian.

Republic: The men get 1 vote, the Women get 1 vote. .
Thats 6 votes and lacks any of the complexity involved with human existence.

No raping occurs.
That is hypothetical conclusion that involves fairness and justice but does not  consider many of complexities involved with humans;

...1} ex those who favor extremist libertarian view aka mob rules,

....2} mob rules except in more complex scenarios where some of the humans have  a set of morals and empathy,

.....3} mob rules except in more complex scenarios where the factors involved allow humans of lesser number to rape ---or whatever--- the larger mob. Ex the lesser group is healthy and younger, or have weapons, or have more access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept.

This above just goes to show that the more narrow minded{ short sighted } set of humans have less access to the imaginative scenarios that go  beyond black and white, yes or no etc type scenarios. 

The polls given are very limited in scope and consider none of the following;

Empathy and access to rational, logical common sense ergo the golden rule.

The Golden Rule --do unto others as you would have them doonto you---- has
a common variation in many countries and religions. I wondered if there
were any other rules with such commonality e.g,

Is there a silver rule also? "Seek fair and just resolution with
compassion and empathy for those who violate the laws and moral codes of
humanity or its distinct tribes. "

Perhaps a wooden rule? Forgiveness by God is instantaneous, forgiveness
by humans takes time.

Or the bone rule? Eye for eye and toothe for a tooth. [im not sure if
any animals other than humans practice this concept]

Molecular rule? "Share not with your cousin what you would not have
them share with you."

Quantum rule? "Know that the uncertainty of mind, being common to all
humans, does not necessitate chaos."

Space-time Rule? ---Pee-Here-Now is rendition of Ram Dass’sBe Here Now

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
Michigan had not voted republican since 1988..in fact there were many historic election results that had districts voting for Trump who have never voted red since 1988

That's how terrible Hillary was.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mharman
She. I'm a he.
I keep thinking of Ilhan Omar every time I read your name, so I picture her behind the computer. Oops lol.
I guess we can have a discussion about her it you want. Feel free to make a forum topic if you want me to address your grievances of her. No worries about thinking I am female. I wouldn't know what a mharman is and if I did I would have thought that very thing are the gender of other Mharmans. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@Greyparrot

Michigan had not voted republican since 1988..in fact there were many historic election results that had districts voting for Trump who have never voted red since 1988

You have clearly not stated how you derived at that conclusion. People can simply just like Republicans over Trump or have good things to say about Trump and nothing to say about Hillary. Since I have pointed out 2 different scenarios you would actually have to prove how these voted for Trump because of how bad Hillary was. I doubt you would even try correcting your mistakes instead of making another post hoc rationalization as in when I have showed how your arguments don't follow you pivot to something different. Removing yourself from what you said before as if it didn't exist. Not apologizing for your mistakes instead simply move the goalposts to something else. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
So tell me why ALL the polls had both Wi and MI in the bag for Hillary?

Why did all the polls have the swing states in the margin of error for Hillary?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot

A conglomerate of top pollsters released an autopsy report last week on polling in the 2016 election — specifically, what went wildly wrong in overwhelming predictions of a Hillary Clinton presidency. The analysis, released Thursday by the American Association for Public Opinion Research, found that the biggest culprit was state-level polling underestimating the level of Trump's support, most importantly in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin.There were a number of reasons for the discrepancy, the study concluded.
The big three were a substantive change in vote preference during the campaign's final days, a failure to properly adjust for an overrepresentation of college graduates, and many Trump voters failing to reveal their preferences until after the election. The last point could have also been the result of late-deciding Trump voters, the report said.On the first point, the autopsy found that 13% of voters in Wisconsin, Florida, and Pennsylvania — three states Trump won narrowly over Clinton and helped catapult him to an unlikely victory — decided on their presidential choice in the final week of the election. Overwhelmingly, those voters broke for Trump: In Wisconsin, they chose Trump over Clinton by a 30-point margin. In Florida and Pennsylvania, the margin was 17 percentage points.The analysis makes note of a couple of other points — namely, that a change in turnout from 2012 to 2016 likely also caused state polls to miss the mark on the results. It also said that "ballot order effects" may have effected some state contests. Trump appeared above Clinton on the ballot in several key states, such as Michigan, Wisconsin, and Florida. The study estimated that about one-third of a percentage point bump can be attributed to appearing first on the ballot. The study said that could, at best, be a very minor explanation for "polling problems," however.

"Collectively, well-resourced survey organizations might have enough common interest in financing some high quality state-level polls so as to reduce the likelihood of another black eye for the profession," the autopsy report said.
Reminiscing on what went wrong just days after the November election, Patrick Murray, the head of Monmouth University's polling institute, a firm that conducts a number of state polls, told Business Insider "polls might not be capable of predicting elections."Murray's final Pennsylvania poll showed Clinton with a 4-point lead with a 4.9-point margin of error, which still was not big enough to capture the margin — 1.2 points — by which Trump would win the state.

His theory for what happened at the time: "Non-response among a major core of Trump voters."

(in other words...the silent majority isn't counted in the polls)

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@Greyparrot

So tell me why ALL the polls had both Wi and MI in the bag for Hillary?

Why did all the polls have the swing states in the margin of error for Hillary?
1 state out of every single other state was wrong? Must mean the polls are wrong (sarcasm). You really don't know what you are talking about when you say the polls are wrong even though majority of the time they are correct. In this scenario they were wrong about one thing yet you are still complaining. Shame you commit a special pleading fallacy when you don't have the same rigorous from Trump.
This assumed the polls were wrong. They didn't provide how it was wrong. They are assuming it. Why are you showing me something when my problem with the assumption made not what was said after the assumption?
(in other words...the silent majority isn't counted in the polls)
People who don't vote you know are difficult to measure on what they will do apart from not vote. What do you expect them to mind read the silent majority and know what will happen? No that isn't the case. 

I don't agree the polls were wrong and neither does this link provide a case for them being wrong. It adds like you do a post hoc rationalization. Not explaining how the polls are wrong instead simply making excuses for their bad polling. You know what the polling institute do instead of making excuses for their bad polling with WI? Make sure it is more effective. That's if I agree that they need work. Sure anything needs work but to say the polls were wrong is a lie because they were good at predicating what actually occurred. I clearly laid out how they weren't wrong yet you give me an autopsy report of people making excuses for thinking Hillary would win if they took that position. That is their fault for not realizing both sides could have won because of the swing states. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
2 swing states were outrageously wrong (wi and MI)

And every one of the 2-5% predictions in hillary's favor for the swing states was also wrong.

That's why people don't trust polls, because it caters to the echochamber left that inherently wants to be counted in a poll.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
After reading the article, I also have a 3rd theory...that most of these polling businesses are based in urban centers, so they likely recruit a great many urban liberals to conduct the polls. Not only does this lend to obvious confirmation bias, but they would likely also hold disdain for the areas they would need to travel to and the people they would have to talk to in order to sample the smelly walmart deplorable Trump base. This would lead to the trump voters not being represented in the polls accurately.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@Greyparrot

2 swing states were outrageously wrong (wi and MI)
Proof?
That's why people don't trust polls, because it caters to the echochamber left that inherently wants to be counted in a poll.
I don't know if you want to fit in or not but the ones who have problems with academia like yourself are uneducated. If you want to be a voice for the uneducated go right ahead. Just want to inform you what position you are talking.
After reading the article, I also have a 3rd theory...that most of these polling businesses are based in urban centers, so they likely recruit a great many urban liberals to conduct the polls. Not only does this lend to obvious confirmation bias, but they would likely also hold disdain for the areas they would need to travel to and the people they would have to talk to in order to sample the smelly walmart deplorable Trump base. This would lead to the trump voters not being represented in the polls accurately.
Confirmation bias? Hypocritical coming from you. Clearly have post hoc rationalization about things you don't like and assume sources you like even if they are not true. Very rarely a hypocrite is right. This scenario isn't one of them.
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
Hillary won the popular vote, that is how popular she was but you cannot  bring yourself to face this truth. Hiillary led in all the polls until Russia played the last of their cards in USA elections. Sad :--(  Trump is president because of Trump and you cannot accept that fact either. Trump and his cult followers should go live in Russia and the sooner the better.

Democracy:

A system of government.  Best I can  tell your anti-government Sad :--(

4 guys and 2 girls in a room. The 4 guys vote to rape the 2 girls.
Government with no morals involving fairness and justice.

Mob rule.
GP's approach existence of any government aka barbarians rule and extreme libertarian.

Republic: The men get 1 vote, the Women get 1 vote. .
Thats 6 votes and lacks any of the complexity involved with human existence.

No raping occurs.
That is hypothetical conclusion that involves fairness and justice but does not  consider many of complexities involved with humans;

...1} ex those who favor extremist libertarian view aka mob rules,

....2} mob rules except in more complex scenarios where some of the humans have  a set of morals and empathy,

.....3} mob rules except in more complex scenarios where the factors involved allow humans of lesser number to rape ---or whatever--- the larger mob. Ex the lesser group is healthy and younger, or have weapons, or have more access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept.

This above just goes to show that the more narrow minded{ short sighted } set of humans have less access to the imaginative scenarios that go  beyond black and white, yes or no etc type scenarios. 

The polls given are very limited in scope and consider none of the following;

Empathy and access to rational, logical common sense ergo the golden rule.

The Golden Rule --do unto others as you would have them doonto you---- has
a common variation in many countries and religions. I wondered if there
were any other rules with such commonality e.g,

Is there a silver rule also? "Seek fair and just resolution with
compassion and empathy for those who violate the laws and moral codes of
humanity or its distinct tribes. "

Perhaps a wooden rule? Forgiveness by God is instantaneous, forgiveness
by humans takes time.

Or the bone rule? Eye for eye and toothe for a tooth. [im not sure if
any animals other than humans practice this concept]

Molecular rule? "Share not with your cousin what you would not have
them share with you."