Dem Debate 1 Thoughts

Author: Imabench

Total: 89
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
I am not going off who i think bc that is irrelevant. I think Warren just held her ground in the overall and people will be touched by her emotion. But none of them were good enough for the "masses."  I personally like Tulsi. But that doesn't matter. 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
Valid point. If she can get up to 5-8% in polls after this maybe people will pay more attention to her, but she still has a hell of an uphill battle to fight despite standing out in this debate. 

She certainly is the anti-war candidate of the Dems now. She took down Ryan with fucking tactical precision on that Afghanistan war question. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm pleased you guys think Warren did well.
To be fair she did get a LOT of easy questions to start off the debate, and her base isnt the kind to flip to another candidate willy nilly. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
She certainly is the anti-war candidate of the Dems now. She took down Ryan with fucking tactical precision on that Afghanistan war question. 
That was beautiful. 

The thing is... and i hope she goes up in liking and i'm wrong, but she was too calm. I said earlier, they need to take a page out of Trumps book. They need to interrupt, they need to be annoying... bc people will interpret that as "passion" ... But, then i would be asking Tulsi to be fake. It just sucks. It sucks that the majority is how the majority is... 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
To be fair she did get a LOT of easy questions to start off the debate, and her base isnt the kind to flip to another candidate willy nilly. 

This is why I feel so strongly that she is going to be the winner. Just by noticing the gentle waves and nudges from external sources, subtle enough not to be noticed by most people. The fact that she gets a bye with Joe and Bernie says alot.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
Who did you think did well? Even if you disagree with the party. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Outplayz
By what standards? The only standard I go by is courting the delegates and superdelegates, which puts Warren clearly at the top.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
Yeah. I see what you mean and agree. But, who said anything you could resonate with? 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Outplayz
Okay, well in a perfect world where there are no external influences pushing a particular candidate, I liked Tulsi's message appealing to a broad range of people.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
I agree. Too bad people are too stupid (too emotional) to realize this. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
Tonight's candidates will be forgotten after tomorrow. That is my overall assessment.  
Outplayz
Outplayz
Although i don't agree with everything he says... we need someone like Bernie. I hope Yang can have some bite too... we'll see. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Outplayz
For the 2nd debate...Joe and Bernie will both lead off saying they are the only ones that can beat Trump, and that will set everyone else off on them. You can expect Swalwell to explode on joe and bernie for having zero intersectionality, being too old, and for having no good fresh ideas. Kamala will follow up. You should see both their numbers dropping after that. 

2nd debate will be far, far more interesting.
DapperMack
Debates: 3
DapperMack
-->
@Imabench
I would not say Castro performed the strongest given that he looked pretty desperate, again, to "get with the crowd", on both a micro scale as pertaining to the candidates and a macro scale of virtue signaling. He is easy to see through.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
2nd debate will be far, far more interesting.
I agree.

But Bernie aint too much older than Trump. Plus, i disagree he will bring up he can beat Trump. I hope he doesn't, and have noticed that isn't his style... but we'll see. Biden is just an idiot so he'll probably say it... the more he talks, the dumber people will see he is. That's why his new strat was 'limited exposure' aka... he is too dumb too talk. 

Bernie on the other hand is good at talking about what he wants... he's been doing it for years. He is extreme... but that's why i voted for Trump. I wanted extreme and so do a lot of silent voters such as myself. I don't think he is going to have a frivilous he said she said war... We'll see. But i think he's just going to hit hard on what he believes in as he has been. And i say good. That's what we need. Although i believe we should always proceed conservatively... i am also a progressive. Bc times change so we must progress. We need that flavor that i don't see Trump providing at this point. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@DapperMack
By making one of the highlights of the debate a throwdown between himself and Beto, and then winning that subsequent throwdown, Castro did do pretty well and didn't have any substantial gaffes that would really undermine him in the ways that the American public on average would notice. He also did his homework on immigration issues which in states like Florida, Texas, California, and New Mex will go a long way in helping his poll numbers. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
Common Bench, Castro doesn't have a chance.. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@DapperMack
I agree with you DapperMack... he didn't shine at all. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
but she was too calm. I said earlier, they need to take a page out of Trumps book. They need to interrupt, they need to be annoying
I think otherwise tbh. De Blasio was at the end of the stage trying at least three times to butt in on the conversation to try to get words in, and every time he did so it just looked like desperation and whining.... He reminded me a lot of Jim Webb in the 2016 Dem Primary who did similar things and went nowhere in the first debate even though there were only just 4 other people on the stage with him. 

You have to be calculated to earn points in Dem debates, you cant just go AWOL and try to be trending on twitter and have that translate to support. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
Hell I dont think any of them outside of Warren has a chance despite how much I liked Amy Klobuchar and Tulsi Gabbard.... Im just saying that in terms of tonight when the three options are standing out in a notable fashion, not doing anything really noteworthy, or getting your throat punched, Castro was fortunate enough to stand out amongst the others by turning Beto into his own punching bag 
DapperMack
DapperMack
-->
@Outplayz
The media's narrative is that Warren won anyway, and that is what matters. She has shined and already has the highest percentage of everyone in the room.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
I think otherwise tbh.
I disagree. You are right they did it in an annoying way tonight. They didn't do it in Trumps way. I know personalities pretty well, and Trump is an expert at trolling in his own right. If you watch the debates... he didn't just interrupt... he was witty about it, one liners, funny about it... that is a specific type of personality. That is what he is pro at and i'll give that too him. It's not about interrupting, it's about showing confidence in a witty way. If anyone, i think Yang may be able to do that...we'll see. But, how Trump does it is very human. It's very all of us in our heads. You have to give him credit where it's due. Even though i disagreed with him... he trolled the debate stage masterfully. I respected that. He was trolling politicians and i loved it. I would love to see a dem do the same but also be serious about what they're saying. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
Hell I dont think any of them outside of Warren has a chance
I agree. You have to look at these debates through the eyes of the majority... not through the eyes of a person like ourselves on debate sites. Most people aren't like us. Plus, we'll see what media does about this debate... that's also very important. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@DapperMack
The media's narrative is that Warren won anyway, and that is what matters. She has shined and already has the highest percentage of everyone in the room.
Lol, i just said that to Bench. The media from here on out is very important in who gets the spotlight. That is also exactly why they picked her last for closing statements. They already know who they favor. It's sad they are talking about going against people in power while people in power hold their fate. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
I'm watching the news now... all they are showing is the dramatic moments smh... 
Outplayz
Outplayz
So i'm watching multiple news outlets. Independent (youtube) and jus media. And it looks like most props are going to Warren as it shouldn't be surprising and de blasio (surprising to me) (well, independent is also talking crap on him, not surprising, but exposure is exposure) ... all of this is moot however depending on tomorrow.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
What works for Trump does NOT work for the Dem primaries.
DapperMack
DapperMack
Biden is way ahead and unless he screws up royally, he will most likely take the cake. Being milquetoast means he doesn't have to screw up though.
Mopac
Mopac
They all sound like commies.

The one who sounded least like a commie was probably that lady from Minnesota.