Dem Debate 2 thoughts

Author: Imabench

Total: 148
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
If being insignificant in the eyes of another person makes you laugh... i'm happy i made you laugh at least. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Outplayz
Thx for the laughs :)
Outplayz
Outplayz
Shut up Biden
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Dr.Franklin
No problem... like i said, i don't hate you. 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
Damn we only have 10 minutes left 

Why each candidate is running for president

Swalwell: "I have led the effort to elect the next generation of congressmen"..... Hell of a thing to try to take credit for, good luck

Williamson: "I will harness love for political purposes and beat you (Trump) on the battlefield with it".... Yep shes an author alright

Bennet: [Too bored to care] 

Hickenlooper: "[Lists things he did in Colorado]".... Jesus Christ.... COLORADO =/= AMERICA IN GENERAL

Gillibrand: "Now is not the time to play it safe".... Might as well have said 'Please consider voting for someone other than Biden.'

Yang: "Whoever implements a trickle-up-economy will beat Trump, that person is me"..... He's just sticking to the one talking point that got him attention in the first place. I was hoping he would diversify his views and pitch them to viewers but he's not for some reason. 

Harris: "General talking points... [Plugs her own website]" 

Buttigieg: "The decisions we make in the next 3 to 4 years will determine the next 30 to 40 to 50 years."..... Thats true for almost any election

Sanders: "[Repeats literally the same talking points he used from the debates in the 2016 election]

Biden: "We have to help the poor and middle class, and unite the country, we can do anything if we are together".... Started decent but devolved into meaninglessness. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
Yang barely had any talking points besides the ones weve already heard about.... Universal Basic Income + 'Trickle Up Economics'... 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
Tonight was more energetic than last night fo sure. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
I must concede this to you... Bernie did bring up Trump. He didn't at first, but did after other people... but pulling that he's racist i wasn't impressed with. I wish he didn't say that... he should of just said i disagree. I lost a little respect for that remark. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
Tonight... i think Harris was the biggest winner. As a Cali Kid i don't like that... bc i couldn't disagree with her more on certain issues, but putting my feelings aside.. i think she did the best. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
Now... bc i'm a Kali Kid... i'm going to go smoke some weed. Haha bitches... 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Outplayz
Pundits already kalling this a Kamala win.
DapperMack
Debates: 3
DapperMack
Harris vs Warren would be interesting if that's how it turns out.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
I'm sure. She had the best one-line killers. And she was aggressive. I respect that personally. It's seems majority of people like that too... but we'll see. People are really malleable to media. We'll see what happens in that regard. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
Cant really disagree.... No one else had as many moments touting their own stances + taking big shots at other candidates then she did.... 

I would fuckin LOVE to see her and Tulsi Gabbard on the same stage together. Hopefully the CNN debates will put them on the same stage together
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Purely watching the pundits and the media (who always work with the people in charge of the DNC)... Tulsi won't make it.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@DapperMack
I'm kinda scared about another women running against Trump, but right now... the girls are doing pretty well. I was especially impressed by gill-a-brand (that's how i pronounce her name) tonight... i didn't even know who she is, but i liked how she was unapologetic about her interruptions. That automatically gets my respect for being a tuff arse when you know people don't know you. It at least shows me the candidates actually have a message and something concerning. I have to watch again the priorities, bc i'm really against guns being the top issue. I feel like getting Harris into this... her "legacy" will be pushed towards something like guns. That is a dumb issue to start with... the powerful having monopoly on control is a bigger issue to me... also, i don't believe the best defense is a good offense... I'm anti-war when there is no threat. But that's a nuanced answer... how much is our offense truly offense? I don't know. How bad is any specific threat to America? Is there something a president knows that i don't know... most likely. I think that's another problem... the people run the government right? We should know everything going on so we can make decisions as a country. Maybe i just want to know about Aliens most... but it would be cool if people stopped this i know something you don't know childish game. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
Tulsi was regulated to the little kids debate where the only big name in the lineup by a long shot was Warren.... Put her together with a better lineup and she still does as well as she did in the first place, and she'll start getting attention from the electorate. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Right so the question is why are the people pulling the strings relegating Tulsi? 
Mopac
Mopac
Somehow they sounded even more like commies tonight. Everyone must be trying to one up Bernie on the 1% schtick.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Mopac
So true HAH!
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Outplayz
I had too much Dewars and was too far behind to continue to try and keep up.  I turned it off and went to bed.  From what I gathered, I thought Kamala did well, still don't like her, but being able to stand up to people like that gets my attention as well, but I think she is fighting for the wrong things.  

I didn't like Yang too much (trickle up will not work),

Bernie was same old Bernie, just waiving his arms around and yelling in his Boston accent, free, free, free.  Biden got too frustrated, and has lived too long that he cannot defend past decisions.

Passing the torch was dumb.

Going head to head with Trump and having only Love on your side is not going to work.  She had no idea what she was talking about, and has no business being up there.

Anyone who answered a required on or two response questions with a full paragraph should automatically be disqualified.

Pete was actually pretty good, he acknowledged impossibilities in particular policies that all of them want, and the fact that not everything is going to be fantastic, and not everything is going to work as planned.  I liked his humbleness, and he spoke with direction and sounded Presidential.  Swalwell said he should have fired the chief of Police because they could not get more blacks on the payroll.  Then suggested that he should be fired because he didn't fire the chief. 

Everyone still says that Trump is the one separating families and putting children in horrible holding facilities, like he started it, no it was Obama.  Why does everyone believe this as truth.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
The bad conditions were manufactured by Congress that didn't fix the laws that encouraged the trafficking of kids in exchange for a get into the usa free card. Congress did not fund the holding camps adequately as well, then blamed Trump for a fuckup Congress created.

This really has nothing to do with Obama or Trump. These kids were going to be trafficked regardless of the president.

The only blame Trump can possibly have is that he increased the demand for trafficked kids by improving the economy.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Greyparrot
I do think he scared everyone into coming... They all thought that he was going to put up a wall and it would be much harder to get across the border.  Let's face it, we have no idea how many people get across the border undetected, if they are undetected, how would anyone know.  So, immigrants all decided to get together and make their trek before more laws were passed to make it harder to get in. (or a wall was built) 

He definitely put the fear that it may be harder in the future, which caused these caravans, then being hopeful, most of them just followed the crowds.  I don't think Trump did the wrong thing, someone had to say it, and someone has to react to it.  
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@DBlaze
Kamala did well
She did. But there are some past decisions she's made that make me not like her. Plus, she is too focused on banning "assault weapons" ... i'd still like to know the definition to that. I don't want her to come in and have her legacy be banning something that won't do anything. I'm 100% pro gun, but i of course think it should be well regulated. Currently it's not, we should focus on enforcing the laws already on the books instead of punishing law abiding citizens. That and some of her past things... there was something were she chuckled while putting a drug addict or something behind bars. I really lost respect for her when i saw that... i have to watch it again bc i don't remember now... but she didn't do anything right in that case.

I didn't like Yang too much (trickle up will not work),
He did do poorly but he played his part. I think something like UBI is inevitable. It's either that or figuring out how to reward people working really hard to keep their heads above water. What i don't like about his is that it gives it to everyone... i think people should be rewarded if they are contributing, so his gives it to people that aren't. But, i don't think we should focus on the lazy people bc they are a minority. Whatever, let them be lazy and a grand isn't even that much... someone would be couch surfing if that's all they have. So, i don't know. I've watched some of his more lengthy interviews and he did seem like he knows what he's talking about. I don't remember anymore to make a comment on that... but we must do something about income inequality. Which is very naunced, but in the end of the day... a lot of people are basically living to only work. I believe in what i think Harris said... no one should have to work 3 jobs to keep their heads above water... we aren't born to be slaves. 

Bernie was same old Bernie
The only reason i like Bernie is that he's coming at it as extreme as possible. I think that's an important manipulation tactic. If the goal is all the way to one extreme... it's easier to work with other people to come to a middle ground. I like that kind of strategy bc that's the only way we can pass things... if we can find middle ground. If the starting point is middle ground... it's more likely nothing will get done. 

Biden
I don't like him and i'm a pretty good judge of character. I said it all along and he showed his true colors. He just sounded like an angry grump that was butt hurt he wasn't getting his way... i hope to Zeus he doesn't win. He has no chance against Trump... it will just be another Hillary 2.0.

Going head to head with Trump and having only Love on your side is not going to work.
Love is good of course but i agree. We need someone passionate. I saw that passion with Warren, Bernie, Pete, and Tulsi (and some others... gill-a-brand seemed fed up and i liked that - she seemed like she just wanted to be there to show the others to stop the division..idk i respected her). Of the top of my head, they seem most real. Harris did, but she's a lawyer... i've actually been sued by her, she is damn good. I read her complaint and she is a darn good attorney. They are trained to be fake and get the crowed on their side... i don't trust lawyers. Especially bc i know a lot of them are close-minded in regards to only seeing things their way.  

Anyone who answered a required on or two response questions with a full paragraph should automatically be disqualified.
I personally like rebel type behavior as long as it's done creatively and witty. That one dude at the far right was just annoying when he interrupted. He needed to shut up. Some other did it cool in my opinion... mainly Harris and Gill. That is also what i liked about Trump. He's still the master troll though... no one met his creativity but Gill kinda reminded me of him the most. 

Pete was actually pretty good
I agree. And, i disagree he should have just fired the chief... there are likely things we don't know about and just destroying someone's life without the facts is not my style. I don't know enough to comment... if he is doing it right i take his side. I don't know enough about him beyond this... i thought he did good and seemed very level headed. I liked him. 

Everyone still says that Trump is the one separating families and putting children in horrible holding facilities
He's not but he isn't really doing anything to make thing better either. I don't agree with his wall idea. Sure, it will be okay in some regards... but that isn't what will stop the immigration issues we face. His focus on 'i'm doing this to illegals not people trying legally' is a bit of a cop out in my opinion. They had a point... why are these people trying to get here knowing they can die ... especially their children? They aren't evil, they aren't crooks... a lot of them are escaping something and we should have more empathy. I don't know how to fix it... i don't agree with the decriminalization idea... but we should do something to not treat these desperate people like criminals. Maybe it could remain criminal... but we add certain guidelines in the case of immigration. I don't know. 
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Outplayz
Bernie was same old Bernie
The only reason i like Bernie is that he's coming at it as extreme as possible. I think that's an important manipulation tactic. If the goal is all the way to one extreme... it's easier to work with other people to come to a middle ground. I like that kind of strategy bc that's the only way we can pass things... if we can find middle ground. If the starting point is middle ground... it's more likely nothing will get done. 

I agree, but not when you are running for President.  That is the tactic that Trump uses, which I have said many times, and the Dems are taking notes and starting to do that.  Most of the time, he has asked for more but settled for what he really wanted in the first place.  He didn't really do that during the race, if you do that, you lose the voters that don't know what you are trying to do.  You look too radical, and you will never win.  Plus, I can't stand looking and listening to him more than Trump, and Trump is pretty unbearable.  

Love:
I was referring to Marianne Williamson when she said she would harness love and beat Trump with it.  Just ridiculous, but I guess that is what a self help author is for.  https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-marianne-williamson-democratic-debate-20190628-ewan65g5ozfkdaioqytfrimbh4-story.html

I agree about the others, and totally agree about the Harris being a lawyer, that is what she is paid to do and paid to portray, and she is damn good at it.  No one even cared if what she said was true or not, she got your attention.  I'm pretty sure that most of the people you mentioned used one or two word in the answer, the ones that didn't, with maybe one or two exceptions will not be back in September... 

Yang started talking in a language that most don't know, true economics, and also in Computer Science terms.  You can tell he works with computers, he has to understand that the majority of people don't speak that language, and if you are really going to try and prove your point, you have to say your highly mathematical idea in layman terms.

I just have a feeling that some of the people coming up have had problems for a while.  They are probably broke and have been broke, had a place to stay for a bit, work odd jobs, but had kids when it was not economical.  Hispanics do that here as well, I see 10 to 15 of them living in one townhouse, and half the women are pregnant... What happens then? And why does that happen?  Is it because they could not afford contraceptives or abortion?  Is it because if they went to try to get an abortion they may be deported?   It's like if all the homeless people of the US had children, then got together and decided to rush Canada, or even Mexico.  That would never happen because the homeless have it ok here, which is a horrible thing to compare.  The problem is, the immigrants are comparing what is better, being homeless in South America/Central America, or being homeless here.  I don't agree that should ever become a reason give asylum or to let people come into America.  If we don't stop it, the USA will not longer be the USA , and we will start to have more check points between states to regulate who comes in, states will start to segregate.  Or if we continue to let them go wherever they want, it will get worse and worse until there is a rise in the people, and someone like Hitler comes into play and speaks like Kamala. Everyone plays on that persons every word, next thing you know there are concentration camps built for people who are not contribution, or people who have certain markers that are evident in the future, then a few years later, another holocaust.  I don't know what the marker would be, but it would not be good.  It would be Germany in 1940, only it would not necessarily be Jews.

DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Outplayz
Also, if a wall were built, and if they also built it along the Rio Grand, no children and their families would try to cross it.  They also wouldn't have made the trek to begin with.  Dems and the media blame Trump for their deaths.  Greyparrot is right.  I blame congress, and more people should be doing that.
DBlaze
DBlaze
-->
@Outplayz
I don't know exactly where the proposed wall is supposed to be  built, but I do know that they don't plan on building it in the areas where the Rio Grande is virtually impossible to cross.  They should though because people are still going to try to cross it, then they will drown. 
triangle.128k
triangle.128k
Amazing how they soft-censored Tulsi Gabbard, isn't it?