Castin
    Yes.
  • EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    Debates: 0
    Forum posts: 2,263
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    The interpretation of Catholic beliefs are a variation of what Jesus taught and not a very accurate one TBH. Doesn't have anything to do with the people, they may love Jesus and look to Him as a Savior....but the Catholic beliefs are distorted nonsense. 
    Catholics can for sure be Christian, however they may not be aware the beliefs the RCC has formed are distorted, and unless they are making mistakes due to those errors it really doesn't matter. If their beliefs are progressing them spiritually its still a good thing. 
    Christianity at heart is simply following the teachings of Jesus and those teachings should usher in spiritual freedom and personal growth. However, I don't personally find any freedom in Catholicism, I think they are locked in a poor conception of what Jesus taught. 
    An innocent naïve soul can hold a traditional twisted belief and still progress spiritually even though that particular tradition is corrupt. Likewise you could observe the opposite, where people in a religious/authoritative position in a corrupt belief system are perpetrating heinous crimes like we see with Catholic Priests. 
  • vagabond
    vagabond avatar
    Forum posts: 277
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond
    --> @EtrnlVw
    Distorted according to whom? Luther et al?
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Forum posts: 3,807
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @vagabond
    Are catholics Christian?.. That's the question.

What else would you expect a Catholic be if not a Christian? 

They worship and follow the teaching of Christ, the clue is in the title Christos, you dummy. God, you are thick!

• vagabond
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond
    --> @Stephen
    There are plenty of "christians" who claim that catholics aren't christian. Your stupid if your poor reading showed you that I'm making that claim. The "?" at the end of sentences is a clue.
  • Castin
    Castin avatar
    Forum posts: 1,981
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @EtrnlVw
    I think Catholicism is the first religion/denomination I've ever heard you disapprove of.
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @vagabond
    There are plenty of "christians" who claim that catholics aren't christian. Your stupid if your poor reading showed you that I'm making that claim. The "?" at the end of sentences is a clue.

Yes I recognised it to be a question, you dummy., a stupid time wasting question. And I asked you, what else would a catholic be if not Christian.?You haven't answered that. and the reason you haven't answered is because it has been pointed out to you how absolutely cretinous your original question is. 
  • vagabond
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond
    --> @Stephen
    What makes you stupid enough to believe I would have an answer or would need to answer that?
  • EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    --> @Castin
    Hehe, I'm not a fan. However Christianity is a wide category, so there are many things within it I do not agree with, and many things that are legit. People on the other hand, I always support in their spiritual journeys. 
  • EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    --> @Castin
    Here's a good example of what I meant by innocent believers and corrupt sick practitioners. Check out this Catholic Priest that slaps this baby in the face in front of the babies own parents. Look at the countenance of the parents, and look at the countenance of that demon priest, looks like he would eat the face off that baby if no one was around, makes me sick. I would have leveled that guy right there in that church if I was that father. 

• Polytheist-Witch
    Polytheist-Witch avatar
    Debates: 1
    Forum posts: 1,932
    Polytheist-Witch avatar
    Polytheist-Witch
    If you worship Christ as your savior you are Christian. Some Catholics might or might not be. Just like Protestants might or might not be. 
  • Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Polytheist-Witch
    Why that dunce vagabond would even consider Catholics to be anything but Christian is extremely telling of his brain capacity. Maybe he thinks that  Catholics are Buddhist in reality, or even Hindus or God forbid Muslims.. This thread is just another Christian baiting thread by a complete dunce who has nothing all to do but bait , mock and ridicule Christians and Christianity. 
  • vagabond
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond
    --> @Stephen
    Citations regarding what I think numnum.
  • vagabond
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond
    --> @EtrnlVw
    Have you seen Benny Hin
  • Castin
    Castin avatar
    Forum posts: 1,981
    Castin avatar
    Castin
    --> @EtrnlVw
    Here's a good example of what I meant by innocent believers and corrupt sick practitioners. Check out this Catholic Priest that slaps this baby in the face in front of the babies own parents. Look at the countenance of the parents, and look at the countenance of that demon priest, looks like he would eat the face off that baby if no one was around, makes me sick. I would have leveled that guy right there in that church if I was that father. 
    WHAT THE SHIT.
  • Mopac
    Mopac avatar
    Debates: 4
    Forum posts: 7,758
    Mopac avatar
    Mopac
    Are catholics actually catholic?

Who are catholics?

Eastern Church? Roman Church? Protestants who claim to believe in the catholic church?

Catholic means "universal". Church means "congregation".

So what is the universal congregation?

Maybe, and here is just a thought... maybe the real catholic church is not a man made institution that claims to be catholic.

• ronjs
    ronjs avatar
    Forum posts: 160
    ronjs avatar
    ronjs
    --> @vagabond
    Individuals in any group can be Christian since it is an individual choice.
    Catholic doctrine is often anti Christian such as considering Mary to be co redeemer with Christ, which is a concept nowhere to be found in the Bible.
  • EtrnlVw
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw avatar
    EtrnlVw
    --> @Castin

• Willows
    Willows avatar
    Forum posts: 58
    Willows avatar
    Willows
    --> @vagabond
    The Catholic Church is no different to any other Christian denomination in that each claims to be the only pathway to God.

Unfortunately for Catholics, they just happen to belong to what is probably one of the most, hideous, vile and corrupt institutions ever devised.
  • vagabond
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond
    --> @Willows
    Good to see ya mate.
  • vagabond
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond avatar
    vagabond
    --> @ronjs
    And an individual claim that cannot be disputed.
  • Willows
    Willows avatar
    Willows avatar
    Willows
    --> @vagabond
    It's like moving into a new house really.
    I can almost smell the new paint and plaster.

• Stephen
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen avatar
    Stephen
    --> @Willows
    Unfortunately for Catholics, they just happen to belong to what is probably one of the most, hideous, vile and corrupt institutions ever devised.

As is Islam.
  • Willows
    Willows avatar
    Willows avatar
    Willows
    --> @Stephen
    ...and other Christian churches and organised religious institutions.

My feeling is that Islam, in its many forms, has not suffered the extent of corruption of the Catholic Church and it has had some effect on keeping together cultures that could otherwise be bitterly divided and unruly. Nevertheless, Islam is a brutal and barbaric institution, mainly because of its adherence to primitive, ancient, and draconian principals.

Buddhism I would not include in the group of organised religions and indeed, it could be argued that Buddhism is not really a religion.