Pro-life or Pro-MURDER

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 72
Death23
Debates: 24
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
Not really. Asteroid impacts are random. Abortion is a decision.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
Pregnancy is random too, and can be almost as disastrous as an asteroid impact.
Death23
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
Yep I heard that God can make you pregnant at any time. I've also heard that it's theoretically possible for a man (a natural born man) to become ectopically pregnant if an embryo somehow gets inside his abdominal cavity and attaches to an organ like the intestines.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
Yep I heard every time you have sex you get pregnant too.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
Everytime I see pictures of fetal tissue parts on a disposal tray, I think of the Thanos snap, and breathe a sigh of relief for the future of the planet.
Death23
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
Non-sentient pre-natal life has little moral value. I have no problem with the destruction of zygotes and embryos. Do you?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
I guess. Honestly I am pretty middle of the road on where we should recognize personhood during fetal development.
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
I guess. Honestly I am pretty middle of the road on where we should recognize personhood during fetal development.
Middle of the road, sitting on  the fence, etc GP, I think you must be from Alabama.

Personhood via 1st dictionary hit......'the quality or condition of being an individual person'......

Lets see now, Ive  been making clear  30 years or more, ---to those with fuzzy brain syndrome--- the fetus is not an individual and somehow their fuzzy thinking, cant get their fuzzy heads, around this simple, direct line concept of umbiical chord attachment for sustenance.

Some people in TN may be developmentally dissabled { DD }  but these some people in Alabama appear to be  have DD and just plain backwards with much of their irrational, illogical lack of common sense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A human that does not yet breath { respire } air on its own via is oral passages and is still attached to the mother via umbilical chord ergo not and independent individual human yet.

A baby that does not yet breath { respire } air on its own via is oral passages and is still attached to the mother via umbilical chord ergo not an independent individual yet.

A person that does not yet breath { respire } air on its own via is oral passages and is still attached to the mother via umbilical chord ergo not and an individual person yet.

Death23
Death23
-->
@Greyparrot
Viability and capacity for sentience occur around the same time. The more viable and sentient the pre-natal life, the greater its moral value. Prior to there being any viability or sentient capacity there's not much moral value. The overwhelming majority of abortions (i.e. ~99%) occur before then. So, for the most part it seems to be not a large problem morally. It'd be the 1% that occur later which are morally problematic to me, but the whole 1% thing makes it a compartively low-impact issue.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Death23
That plus there is a social benefit for early stage feticide in some cases where it would be an undue hardship to carry to term, like teen pregnancy.
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@zedvictor4
God createth the desire to shag. Therefore; they will  shaggeth.

Luke Skywalker and Princess Lela, the desire to shag is strong. :--)

Go with the flow and steer with moral and practical resultants in mind, when possible to not have them overridden by desire.

38 days later

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
Being pro-life and being pro-"murder" are both problematic in their own way.

You can't be pro-life too much, because eventually we will just keep breeding, which would result in the earth being overcrowded.

You can't be pro-murder too much, because eventually we would just keep killing each other off.

Having some life is good, but sometimes we have to reduce that amount of life to ensure that the earth isn't overcrowded.