Author: Mharman

Total: 156
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
“I keep thinking back to post 10. I could see Pie making that NK.”

Wait what? Do you mean post 8? How does me asking if an inactive can NK make me scum thay does the NK.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@oromagi
Definitely not an ant.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
I would like everybody during this DP2 to state whether or not they are an ANT.

Do you mean our mafia characters or is this a reference to post 147 of DP 1 where you said something about ANTS duties to Mharm?
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit

Characters obviously.  I am not surprised that you are hesitating.  Simple question. Are u an ant?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@ILikePie5
thanks, pie
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
Characters obviously.

Obviously it's not obvious or I would not have asked. I am not an ant.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Greyparrot
@warren42
@K_Michael
are u an ant?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Thanks, Disc
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Mharman
is there any mechanism for replacing K_Michael in this game?  He's hasn't checked in once
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@oromagi
I am not an ant, but my species is extinct.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@oromagi
I'll give him 24 hours
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Greyparrot
thanks, GP that is interesting
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Are you going to participate in the game at all beyond just claiming?
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Did you soft claim at any point during DP1?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ILikePie5
I mean that your experience, playstyle, and psychology would suggest that you could have done the NK.
oromagi
oromagi
Happy Fourth of July
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Mharman
Time check?
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
Ah well, you know me, I’m an unpredictable guy.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@ILikePie5
No, I think you're pretty predictable. Of all the players alive, you seem the most likely to reactively target Wylted without (a) hesitating because of the doc possibility and (b) hesitating because of the possibility that Wylted was lying, despite the result of his gambit. I have seen your play in other games, and reactive NKs are totally within your playstyle. 

We can also factor in your inactivity on the site. It seems plausible to me that Water messed up his claim because his scumbuddy wasn't online to help him. That could easily describe a scum team with you and Water on it. To some extent, this may exonerate Disc, Supa, and Grey (who were all posting concurrently with Water). 

Your vote in the last DP came only after Water was lynched (i.e. twilight), and you jumped right on the Supa bandwagon this DP. I am not sold on Supa's guilt, and if he flips inno, it will do little to convince me of your own innocence. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@oromagi
@Discipulus_Didicit
Water likely muffed his fake claim because his scumbuddy was not active during the first part of the last DP to help him out. If that is the case, then Supa as the lynch target needs to be reconsidered. Supa was posting concurrently with Water during the DP, and so it seems unlikely that he would be Water's scumbuddy.

Moreover, the case against Supa relies heavily on a slip that I am having trouble seeing as really damning. Supa says: "Seems like a scummy way to lynch a newb player to pressure them into admitting." It strikes me, having read and re-read this post, that Supa used "admit" as a synonym for "slip." If Supa had said "slipping," I doubt we'd be having this conversation. If Supa simply conflated admit with slip, it was an honest, linguistic mistake, rather than a slip in its own right.

I do find it odd that Supa isn't doing much to defend himself. But I am not sure whether to attribute that to the slow pace of the game, apathy, or having already given up. If anything, not fighting for his own life seems more of a town-tell than a scum-tell, though it's mostly null to me.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Convince us not to lynch you, please.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@K_Michael
You're online. Care to participate?

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@oromagi
Happy 4th to you, too.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
Water likely muffed his fake claim because his scumbuddy was not active during the first part of the last DP to help him out.

That is a very illogical assumption. The PM is probably located on the discord, it is unlikely that WP ever bothered to even use it. The  likely explanation is that WP screwed up because he knows nothing about the game and put no effort into learning about it beforehand.

His mistake was not based on lack of experience, it was based on lack of interest in the game. An apt comparison would be a child playing soccer for the first time. One would expect said child to screw up badly, perhaps kick the ball into their own net. WP did not do this. He instead ran up to the first kid he saw and touched them before running away as fast as he could because he thought he was playing tag.

He had no idea he was scum or even what being scum means. He had no idea what a scum PM was. There is no conclusion that we can logically come to regarding who WPs buddy is by using the ridiculous old "he screwed up because his scum buddy wasn't there to help him" line of thought.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
-->
@bsh1
24 hours.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Eh, bsh seems town to me. I don't see any reason scum-bsh would want to kill Wylted in the NP.

Because Wylted and I so clearly wanted Supa dead today a smarter move for scum-bsh would be to kill someone else, Pie or Oromagi perhaps, then allow Wylted to lead a train and get supa lynched today (in this scenario Supa would be town) while perhaps building on the friction started in DP 1, a DP 2 mislynch to divide the town.

Instead Wylted was the one killed. I think this makes more sense in the scenario where Supa is scum than in the scenario where bsh is scum for the reasons I outlined in page one of this DP.

If he bought the day cop claim it's very much a valid move. Considering Wylted miraculously hit at random, it doesn't seem unlikely
warren42
warren42
I am not an ant
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
If he bought the day cop claim it's very much a valid move. Considering Wylted miraculously hit at random, it doesn't seem unlikely

My gut still tells me that Supa is more likely to be scum than bsh. Besides that if we lynch Supa and we are wrong then all we lose is a suspicious townie that has no role whereas if we lynch bsh and we are wrong we lose someone that has been active in the game and might possibly have a power role of some sort.
warren42
warren42
Moreover, the case against Supa relies heavily on a slip that I am having trouble seeing as really damning. Supa says: "Seems like a scummy way to lynch a newb player to pressure them into admitting." It strikes me, having read and re-read this post, that Supa used "admit" as a synonym for "slip." If Supa had said "slipping," I doubt we'd be having this conversation. If Supa simply conflated admit with slip, it was an honest, linguistic mistake, rather than a slip in its own right.
I don't know why people think that this is something that's alignment indicative in any way. I completely agree that it's a linguistic thing that is *not* a perspective slip. I *do* think that Disc made some very good points at the beginning of the phase though and think that his push against Wylted is concerning.

warren42
warren42
That is a very illogical assumption. The PM is probably located on the discord, it is unlikely that WP ever bothered to even use it. The  likely explanation is that WP screwed up because he knows nothing about the game and put no effort into learning about it beforehand.

His mistake was not based on lack of experience, it was based on lack of interest in the game. An apt comparison would be a child playing soccer for the first time. One would expect said child to screw up badly, perhaps kick the ball into their own net. WP did not do this. He instead ran up to the first kid he saw and touched them before running away as fast as he could because he thought he was playing tag.

He had no idea he was scum or even what being scum means. He had no idea what a scum PM was. There is no conclusion that we can logically come to regarding who WPs buddy is by using the ridiculous old "he screwed up because his scum buddy wasn't there to help him" line of thought.
At first I read this and thought it was quite possible, and that it was solid analysis. I then thought that maybe it's TMI and that Disc is frustrated with his partner and was so frustrated that he vented about exactly what happened in the thread. I've now come full circle and don't think it'd make a whole lot of sense for Disc to say that when he'd be cleared by the very notion which he's arguing against.