Arthropoda Mafia DP2

Author: Mharman

Total: 156
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
My gut still tells me that Supa is more likely to be scum than bsh. Besides that if we lynch Supa and we are wrong then all we lose is a suspicious townie that has no role whereas if we lynch bsh and we are wrong we lose someone that has been active in the game and might possibly have a power role of some sort.

I don't disagree, I just feel that Bsh has been cleared too quickly and there were similarities between him and Supa that you had not seemed to notice.
warren42
warren42
My reads list is probably something like this at the moment

Town
Disc

Null
Everyone else

Slight Scum Lean
Bsh, Pie

Scum Lean
Supa
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
The PM is probably located on the discord
why is that?

warren42
warren42
-->
@oromagi
Because mharman said scum would communicate via discord.

Dumbtell accepted
warren42
warren42
(A dumbtell is when someone is clearly uninformed and lacks information the mafia would know. They're "dumb" to what mafia would not be. Sometimes people fake it, obviously, but I believe this one.)
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@warren42
post?

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
Reactiveness and stupidity are two completely different things. Even if I was scum, if there’s a strongman on my team, it’s common sense there’s a protective role of some sort within the game and that protective role would be used to save the day cop Wylted supposedly was. It’s common sense that a doctor would save a cop. In this scenario here you should be blaming whoever the doctor is for denying logic. If a was scum there’s no way in Neptune I’d NK Wylted knowing there was a doctor out there who’d protect him.
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@warren42
i see it

post 21 of the sign up forum
warren42
warren42
Was about to link it. Here
warren42
warren42
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@bsh1
Theres no reason why Supa should’ve used the word admit in that sentence. If he legitimately thought that WP was town and a newb, then he could’ve just said seems scummy to pressure a noob. And remember, he’s the only one that tried protect to WP at the beginning of the game just cause he was a “noob.” Aka he knows his scum partner is a noob and the noob being lynched would effectively end his chances especially if Wylted was on his ass. He had to do something to save his scum partner and in doing so committed a slip.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@warren42
Read Post 101. Supa did not even have to use the word admit to just say oh he’s a noob, why you pressuring him.
warren42
warren42
-->
@ILikePie5
Uh... What
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@warren42
I don't disagree, I just feel that Bsh has been cleared too quickly and there were similarities between him and Supa that you had not seemed to notice.

Yes I see now what you mean. If Supa is lynched today and is inno that brings us to 5 v 1 (assuming NK is not prevented in some way). If the mod is unable to find a replacement for K_boy then what would you say to lynching him DP 3 just to be safe? That would bring us to 3 v 1 in a worst case scenario, allowing for us to use DP 4 to digest, review, and discuss the events this far without fear that the last mafioso might just be someone that has not posted at all up to that point.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
If we do have a doc I recommend they target origami tonight. He is the only one I am sure is town, post 76 from DP 1 all but confirms it in my mind.

We still have at least 2 more nights to use our roles and narrow the scum pool. As long as we keep the people that are sure to be town alive all that will remain is to kill whoever is left.
warren42
warren42
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
It'd be pretty clear if there was no NK multiple nights in a row so I wouldn't want to lynch him. On top of that I wouldn't feel as if I'd lost to someone that was entirely inactive. I personally would consider that game no contest tbh, so I'm fine taking the risk that he's scum.

oromagi
oromagi
Most of my present assessment is based on who is bringing the most information to the table.
Here's my current rankings, from towniest to scumiest:

K_Michael- if u believe I am town than also believe KM is town
Supadudz- full claimed when necessary and just b4 I asked.  I assume town has the means to verify
bsh1-         challenged DD's narrative, a little info gathering, no claims,
GP-           claimed VANILLA right off, no help otherwise
warren42-         doesn't buy lynch dudz narrative suspicious of bsh, no claim
ILikePie5             buys DD's dudz narrative, no claims, no information gathering, little participation
Disciplus_Didicit   calls Wylted's false cop claim typical town, then pushes for claim in spite of doubting Wylted
                           & WP instantly reports in as super hi valu scum
                           constantly returns to lame "admit"=scum slip narrative w/ Dudz.  totally unconvincing
                          only player who hedged on "not an ant"

The truth is that even after Wylted turned up town, I don't trust it. 
The whole DP1 felt too theatrical to me
I don't think VANILLA role matches CRAB theme particularly well but it doesn't make sense to invest too much in  theme interpretation.
Wylted hard claims cop, soft claims MOTH, admits he lied about hard claim, effortly discovers worst scum and then exits - but Pie and DD are fien with all of that.

DD's DP1 narrative depends on WP cluelessly giving up the game.  I have scant info here but WP two debates demonstrate that he is no bumpkin who has just wandered on the site.  He stated  he played Mafia a couple of years ago.  WP should not have been thrown by Discord since he asked for help understanding Discord on the forums just days before this game & rec'd info from dudz & Mharmon (in fact, thats where Mharmon invited him to play)

Of course, WP, Wylted, Pie, and DD can't all be scum so I'm definitely being unfair to at least one of these.

Somebody is going to have to convince me that DP1 was not a puppet show, because it still feels that way to me.

UNVOTE
VTL Disciplus_Didicit

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Honestly, I am not happy with the Supa lynch, but given the pace of the game, and with ~24 hours left, there's no realistic possibility of redirecting the lynch. At least we'll get some POE sorted out and get this stupid scum slip nonsense out of the way. I will be online for another half hour and then probably not again until at least 7:00am, EST.

VTL Supa
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Okay, I'll credit that as a reasonable explanation. But it still seems to me than an inactive scumbuddy is the most likely explanation. Ultimately, I think, most people would at least query in the PM, rather than risk stumbling. But maybe that's just me. 
bsh1
bsh1
If Supa flips inno, we need to take a serious look at Oro, given DP1.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
I don't know why people think that this is something that's alignment indicative in any way. I completely agree that it's a linguistic thing that is *not* a perspective slip. I *do* think that Disc made some very good points at the beginning of the phase though and think that his push against Wylted is concerning.
Explain. Absent the alleged scumslip, I see no real case against Supa at all. The reasoning your giving is especially contrived. Supa basically disappeared after page 3 of DP1, and only reappeared to VTL Water and then vanish. There was no "push" against Wylted from Supa. This whole post is just nonsense.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Did you soft-claim at any point last DP?
bsh1
bsh1
Right now, I am FOSing Pie, Warren, and Disc. If Supa flips inno, Oro is going in that pile too. Maybe he should be there already. Honestly, there are too many people raising my hackles rn and it's bothersome. 

And then there are Grey and KM who, by virtue of not being super active, are just skating under the radar, which I don't like, because I can't really get a feel for them and where they're at. The mod needs to be vigilant about inactives and replace them (i.e. KM) in a timely fashion, and everyone else needs to be active and engaged. They, and Supa, are null to me. I think if we don't get Supa out of the game now, the question of his affiliation will continue to waste town's time and prevent any meaningful progress in the game. Decent POE lynch, given the time constraints, but I don't like the trajectory of the game so far.
bsh1
bsh1
Alright. I am logging off now. TTYL, folks.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
Most of my present assessment is based on who is bringing the most information to the table.

But you then proceed to rate the three least active players as being in the top four most likely to be town...

Disciplus_Didicit   calls Wylted's false cop claim typical town [behavior]
You mean these posts?

Yeah, I stand by that. Wylteds gambit last DP was typical of how he behaves when he is town. If you don't see that then you have probably never played a game with Wylted as town, in which case you should not e making judgements on what his typical town behavior is like.

[Effortlessly] discovers worst scum and then exits - but Pie and DD are [fine] with all of that.
Yes, I am fine with effortlessly finding scum and as long as I am town I always will be fine with effortlessly finding scum.

DD's DP1 narrative depends on WP cluelessly giving up the game.
Um yeah. That, uh... is that a problem? I mean he... I feel like it's pretty obvious that... I mean come on dude, were you not watching the same thread I was? I mean come on... This is, this... I mean come on!

WP should not have been thrown by Discord since he asked for help understanding Discord on the forums just days before this game & rec'd info from dudz & Mharmon (in fact, thats where Mharmon invited him to play)
Now you are arguing against a point that I used to argue against a point that bsh1 made that would have proven me as town. And you are saying this makes me more likely to be scum. You've lost the plot, mate.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
VOTE COUNT
SupaDudz (2/5) - Disciplus_Didicit, ILikePie5
oromagi (1/5) - Greyparrot
Disciplus_Didicit (1/5) - oromagi

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
If Supa flips inno, we need to take a serious look at Oro, given DP1.
Could you explain? Oro's DP 1 paranoia came off as genuinely town to me. There was one post of his in particular... I don't remember exactly what but it was shortly after Wylteds little pet name for me... Well anyway I would just like to know what you mean by that.

Guess I should breadcrumb my character/role somewhere too for 'proof of my role if I need to do so at some later point.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mharman
post 108
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit

But you then proceed to rate the three least active players as being in the top four most likely to be town...
based on degree of information supplied to town's advantage, yes

Disciplus_Didicit   calls Wylted's false cop claim typical town [behavior]
You mean these posts?

Yeah, I stand by that. Wylteds gambit last DP was typical of how he behaves when he is town. If you don't see that then you have probably never played a game with Wylted as town, in which case you should not e making judgements on what his typical town behavior is like.

my job is to make these judgements without letting potential scum define what is typical and what is not.  Your appeal to superior experience could be warranted or corrupt- the more you push for the "admit" angle without looking for new potentials or explanations or information, the less I like you as town.

[Effortlessly] discovers worst scum and then exits - but Pie and DD are [fine] with all of that.
Yes, I am fine with effortlessly finding scum and as long as I am town I always will be fine with effortlessly finding scum.

DD's DP1 narrative depends on WP cluelessly giving up the game.
Um yeah. That, uh... is that a problem? I mean he... I feel like it's pretty obvious that... I mean come on dude, were you not watching the same thread I was? I mean come on... This is, this... I mean come on!

Yes, i was watching the same thread.  It felt like acting- your uh's and elipses also feels like acting- giving us your spoken voice rather than written.  Why the acting?  Is "come on" your argument?

WP should not have been thrown by Discord since he asked for help understanding Discord on the forums just days before this game & rec'd info from dudz & Mharmon (in fact, thats where Mharmon invited him to play)
Now you are arguing against a point that I used to argue against a point that bsh1 made that would have proven me as town. And you are saying this makes me more likely to be scum. You've lost the plot, mate.
Can you restate this?  What was your argument and what was bsh's?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
Your appeal to superior experience 

My what now? Citation needed.

Is "come on" your argument?

My statement was that WP didn't know how to play the game. I don't understand how someone can really disagree with that statement given the fact that he did not know what being scum means, did not know he was scum, and did not know what the scum PM was.