Arthropoda Mafia DP2

Author: Mharman

Total: 156
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
and did not know what the scum PM was.

Notice I did not say where, I said what. He literally did not know that he was supposed to be in contact with another player.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I claimed this DP

No soft claim. IK IM LATE BUT IVE BEEN BUSY

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
I claimed this DP

warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@oromagi
Wait wait wait. You're telling me that Wylted literally flipping innocent wasn't enough for you? You're going to build worlds under the assumption he was some sort of reverse-death miller?
warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
Supa's immediate attacks on Wylted and telling him that this makes him look worse than it makes WP look, then proceeding to vote him. It feels like a proxy OMGUS vote for his partner. Supa still isn't particularly experienced, and in a setup where his partner is "caught" D1 like this, this is exactly how I'd expect him to react.
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@warren42
That's absurd. Oro and I also immediately attacked Wylted for Wylted's gambit, but you're not scumreading for the same behavior. Talk about contrivance.
warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
Oro did no such thing. He actually believed wylted until this:

Wait a second there, Wylted E. Coyote.  You have claimed day COP with a guilty read on WaterPhoenix.  Now you are reading tea leaves in SupaDudz' cup?  Either you have made your guarantee to us that WaterPhoenix is scum and we can lynch with high confidence....now you seem to
be backing down....

You must then be lying about day COP.  Why shouldn'twe autolynch any false COP claim?
Yours was also different for a couple reasons. First, you were catching up, it wasn't live, so I would think (though maybe not, based on how WP played) that you'd have already known (s)he had confessed in the thread. Additionally, your tone seems almost like "Wylted's on his bullshit again, guess I have to deal with this" rather than being convinced he's actually mafia.
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Your appeal to superior experience 

My what now? Citation needed.
The line immediately proceeding is sufficient:  "If you don't see that then you have probably never played a game with Wylted as town, in which case you should not e making judgements on what his typical town behavior is like."

Essentially your argument is "don't worry about what the internet says about folks who claim cop in DP1, trust me when I tell you that Wylted is fine."  It is true I don't have your experience in mafia but I can't help but suspect your easy forgiveness, oversight of Wylted's extraordinary DP1.

Is "come on" your argument?

My statement was that WP didn't know how to play the game. I don't understand how someone can really disagree with that statement given the fact that he did not know what being scum means, did not know he was scum, and did not know what the scum PM was.

My reply was because he seems smart, claims some minor experience and was already engaged with the mechanism of the PM in spite of his declared confusion.

DROPPED ARGUMENTS- why all the acting?  This line is acted out for us:

"Um yeah. That, uh... is that a problem? I mean he... I feel like it's pretty obvious that... I mean come on dude, were you not watching the same thread I was? I mean come on... This is, this... I mean come on!"

I guess I'm wondering why.

Now you are arguing against a point that I used to argue against a point that bsh1 made that would have proven me as town. And you are saying this makes me more likely to be scum. You've lost the plot, mate.
Citations needed.  Which argument of yours, which of bsh's?

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Vader
I claimed this DP

No soft claim. IK IM LATE BUT IVE BEEN BUSY

that's all you got?
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Mharman
--> @oromagi

I'll give him 24 hours
It has been 48 hours.  KM was last online 12 hrs ago
oromagi
oromagi
-->
@bsh1

false, pls. read post DP1 #27

--> @Discipulus_Didicit
claiming cop at the outset is town typical?  Sounds like more noise than might possibly be justified.

essentially, this is still my position.  Why would experienced town claim day cop of the bat?  showing off or not town.  coupled with a magic mafia find in the first minutes of the game seems deeply suspicious- even after he's dead I don't trust the results

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@warren42

false, pls. read post DP1 #27

--> @Discipulus_Didicit
claiming cop at the outset is town typical?  Sounds like more noise than might possibly be justified.

essentially, this is still my position.  Why would experienced town claim day cop of the bat?  showing off or not town.  coupled with a magic mafia find in the first minutes of the game seems deeply suspicious- even after he's dead I don't trust the results

warren42
warren42
-->
@oromagi
Nothing about that post points me to you believing he's scum so much as not the cop.

warren42
warren42
You also did not do anything I'd consider "pushing" Wylted

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@warren42
by default, any player who claims day cop right off the bat should be treated as scum -it is about the least town thing one might do.  I doubted his Wylted's claim in #27 and demonstrated that he must be lying by post #54.  I guess I'm less suspicious of Supa because it feels like he was doing the same
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@oromagi
My reply was because he seems smart

I feel like we have different definitions of the word smart...
warren42
warren42
VTL SupaDudz
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Mharman
I unvoted on Oromagi.

UNVOTE again I guess.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@oromagi
Trying to catch up a bit. Do you think it's even worth lynching today considering the odds of a mislynch are really high?

7/8 chance to hit a town today right? (assuming 1 mafia)...I don't know about the 7/2 split of town mafia... if there's only 2 scum...i'm thinking maybe it's likely there's 3rd party instead of 7 town affiliation?
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
VOTE COUNT
SupaDudz (4/5) - Disciplus_Didicit, ILikePie5, bsh1, warren42
Disciplus_Didicit (1/5) - oromagi

oromagi
oromagi
-->
@Mharman
Any update on time?  K_Michael?
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Greyparrot
Just hammer so we can advance POE and end this stupid Supa discussion before it dominates another DP.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@warren42
I can only assume you either didn't read DP1, or you're fishing for opportunities to mislynch based on contrived reasoning. There's no consistency in your analysis.

bsh1
bsh1
Yeah, Warren definitely is in my scumpile.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@oromagi
bsh1
bsh1
Also, it is interesting that Oro's literally never been on the same page with anyone else this game...Scum trying to misdirect? We'll probably know more after Supa's lynch.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@bsh1
I guess I can hammer if you guys agree that supa is expendable for POE.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Greyparrot
Just do it before time expires. So...now.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Fine, from post #14 and because noone else has anything better atm.

VTL SUPA
warren42
warren42
-->
@bsh1
See my reply to him. They first link you sent makes me feel as though he was skeptical of the cop claim, not that he thought Wylted was mafia. The second one is literally the post I referenced when I said that that's where his POV changed IMO.

At no point in time did he actively push Wylted like Supa did.