Author: n8nrgmi

Total: 88
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
RUNAWAY from Jesus' true words!
There is absolutely no evidence that the words ascribed to the Jesus character were ever spoken by such a character, in fact there is no evidence that the bible Jesus ever existed to say anything.The chance that the anonymous authors of the gospels writing decades after the alleged death of the alleged Jesus had any knowledge of the conversations held by the alleged Jesus is remote enough as to be non existent.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

Disgusted,

YOUR SATANIC QUOTE: "There is absolutely no evidence that the words ascribed to the Jesus character were ever spoken by such a character, in fact there is no evidence that the bible Jesus ever existed to say anything.The chance that the anonymous authors of the gospels writing decades after the alleged death of the alleged Jesus had any knowledge of the conversations held by the alleged Jesus is remote enough as to be non existent."

Yes, I understand the difficult historicity of our "bible" Jesus the Christ, where one of the first mentioning of Jesus was with Josephus as an early non christian in his short accounts in Antiquities.  What is even more disturbing, is Josephus' birth is in 37 C.E., well after Jesus' time and death, which puts him out of range of an eyewitness account. Moreover, he wrote Antiquities in 93 C.E., way after the first gospels were written and Jesus' death. Therefore, even if his accounts about the Bible Jesus came from his hand, and after doing the simple math, his information could only serve as hearsay 89 years later after Jesus' death.   In todays terms, that would be called "hearsay."  Some say that to build a faith upon hearsay is problematic, where the other evidence for Jesus is as problematic as well. :(

I as a TRUE Christian accept what the burning in Hell Carl Sagan once said it best: “You can’t convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it’s based on a deep-seated need to believe.” -Carl Sagan (1934-1996)  Therefore, when I run up against facts that derail my faith, I still have a deep-seated need to believe anyway, its just that simple for myself and many other Christians.

I DO NOT take the Satanic position that the truly notable FAKE Christians take like MOPAC, and DR. FRANKLIN, where they either run away from those disturbing examples of our faith, as shown ad infinitum, or they turn themselves into pretzels to try in vain to coverup said disturbing outcomes of our bible and our faith.  

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
It's nice that you have nothing to refute my contentions but I wonder what the rest of the palaver was about. Oh btw Josephus never mentions the bible Jesus, no one does.
Oh I forgot to mention that I don't quote fictional characters like your satan.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

disgusted,

YOUR WANTING QUOTE: "....  but I wonder what the rest of the palaver was about ... Oh btw Josephus never mentions the bible Jesus, no one does."

The rest was to enlighten your weak Atheist ignorance upon the topic at hand!  Furthermore, Josephus does mention a Jesus, interpolated or not, and others mentioned His name as well.  I suggest that you know your biblical history before you remove one foot to insert the other again, okay?  You're welcome

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
Abomination is a pretty strong word.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@BrotherDThomas
a Jesus, interpolated or not, and others mentioned His name as well
Nobody ever mentions the bible Jesus. I dare you to prove me wrong, regardless.

There is no evidence that this bible Jesus ever said anything that is ascribed to him by anonymous authors decades later.

There is absolutely no evidence that the words ascribed to the Jesus character were ever spoken by such a character, in fact there is no evidence that the bible Jesus ever existed to say anything.The chance that the anonymous authors of the gospels writing decades after the alleged death of the alleged Jesus had any knowledge of the conversations held by the alleged Jesus is remote enough as to be non existent.

Oh btw do you know what interpolated means bwuahahahahahaha

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
It's not for anyone to interpret, as every believer knows the bible god never said "let there be light". The book starts with a lie, no interpretation is needed, it's a book of lies.

Care to respond or does fear hold your gonads in it's icy grip? bwuahahahahaha
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

disgusted,

Addressing your post #66.  I am sorry that I scared you with the word "interpolated" which means; to alter or corrupt (something, such as a text) by inserting new or foreign matter, and in this assumed spurious case, the mention of Jesus in Josephus' Antiquities ini 93 CE was allegedly perpetrated by a later Church father, most likely, Eusebius.

So you can easily follow my dialog, I'll try and "talk down" to you at a 6th grade level from now on, and if I have to use more scary words that you obviously don't comprehend with your revealing comment, I'll make them bold and give definitions for you at the end of my post. You can thank me later.  

I am sorry that you are as ignorant and dumbfounded as MOPAC and DR. FRANKLIN when it comes to the historicity of the "bible" Jesus. Many historical figures subsequent to Jesus' life have been proffered, some of which were Josephus, Pliny the Younger, Tacitus, Suetonius, just to name a few, but these individuals were not eyewitness accounts, but only hearsay.  I do not have the time to school ignorant Atheists like yourself, therefore, I gave you a few leads to accomplish this knowledge for yourself with the aforementioned historical names. In doing your homework on these names, then you won't present yourself as an inept fool next time that obviously gives Atheists a bad name. Understand? Sure you do.

Here are the definitions of some of the scary words that I had to use in this post for you, therefore, for you to get up to date with the English language, they are as follows:
Spurious: ot being what it purports to be; false or fake.

Perpetrated: to present, execute, or do in a poor or tasteless manner.  (Kinda like your posts)

Subsequent:  coming after something in time; following.

Proffered:  hold out (something) to someone for acceptance; offer.

Aforementioned:  denoting a thing or person previously mentioned.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The biblical texts have been rewritten and translated so many times. Therefore the current bible is certain to be rife with interpolations.

So how can the bible be taken seriously?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@zedvictor4
The btd claims that interpolations are actually the work of the original author, he has looked up a dictionary definition after I queried him but he doesn't understand the word. Not surprising considering how often he misuses words. There are much sharper donuts in the box.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@disgusted

disgusted,

If the truth were known, TRUE Atheists are totally embarrassed with you and your ignorance to the Christianity that you attack.  Look at you, parading around DebateArt spewing forth blatant LIES to help you save face!  Priceless.

YOUR PITIFUL QUOTE: "The btd claims that interpolations are actually the work of the original author,...."

What part of my actual quote didn't you understand that shows you that your reading comprehension skills are ZERO!   "...... the mention of Jesus in Josephus' Antiquities in 93 CE was allegedly perpetrated by a later Church father, most likely, Eusebius."  Therefore, it was NOT the original author, but Eusebius INTERPOLATED the mentioning of Jesus into Josephus' Antiquities writings.  GET IT? HUH?

Here is an online Reading Comprehension Class for you to take, so you can save any further embarrassment on DebateArt.

Your silence is DEAFENING to my post #68 to you for obvious reasons, where you were shown to be the FOOL once again because of your blatant ignorance of the historicity of Christianity, and especially where you stupidly stated in your post #63 that no one mentioned Jesus in historical terms after His death. This is where I had to school you again because what you stated was not true, and where I showed you the historical names of people that did mention Jesus subsequent to his death. Or, are you silent to my post #68 because it contained words that you never knew existed, and where it was too hard for you to look up their definitions? LOL!

Get used to the fact that I will school you again when your ignorance is shown, and at your expense in front of the members of DebateArt.

You are excused, for now.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@zedvictor4

zedvictor4,

YOUR REVEALING AND HONEST QUOTE:  "The biblical texts have been rewritten and translated so many times. Therefore the current bible is certain to be rife with interpolations. So how can the bible be taken seriously?"

The many different JUDEO-Christian bibles that we have can never be taken seriously because of the many translations that they have gone through over the millennia. In the English form, the closet true words of Jesus as Yahweh God incarnate that we have is the King James 1611 bible, and any other bible versions are blatant Devil Speak. That being said, the KJV 1611 still does not get the Christian out of embarrassing complications relative to todays morals and scientific understanding.  

Like I've stated many times, barring Jesus being shown to be a brutal and horrific serial killer within the scriptures as Yahweh God incarnate, nonetheless, our faith is based on a deep-seated need to believe.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
our faith is based on a deep-seated need to believe.

You are a godless clown.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE: "You are a godless clown."

With your continuous biblical ineptness that I have shown this forum, you are the LAST one to determine who or who is not a godless clown!  Case in point, you are easily being ripped apart because of your anti-christian rhetoric to me and others in the following link:

Again, as explicitly shown, you were sent here by Satan himself, to continue to plant discord towards Christianity! BLASPHEME!

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You are a godless clown.
BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR CONTINUOUS LAME QUOTE:  "You are a godless clown."

You are nothing but a "one trick pony" with your child like responses subsequent to me bible slapping you silly. It must be so embarrassing for you to have to accept that I easily show you to be dumbfounded regarding our faith, isn't it? Again, get used to it!

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Actually, You twist the Bible, you think that You need to strip naked when you are with God, but wait God is everywhere so we should be naked all the time,CLEARLY the Bible doesn't teach that
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another."

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Mopac
@disgusted
@Dr.Franklin
@BrotherDThomas
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->