Where did God come from?

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 134
mustardness
Debates: 0
mustardness
-->
@Mopac
If you believe I am unreasonable, then by all means, maintain that belief and cease trying to reason with me.Reality stems from real and real stems from real estate { occupied space } and real estate stems from royal { king } estate i.e. only the king can grant a peasant any royal estate estate of the king..."The alternative theory that the root is rex, i.e. king (from which through various intermediary languages we get royal, regnal, realm, regalia, and so on) does get a lengthy writeup in Wikipedia, however."...LINK
You believe your speaking truth with no shred of rational, logical common sense offerred ergo no rational, logical common sense reasoning is associated with your commments.

I believe I'm speaking truth with much shreds of rational, logical common sense offerred.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reality stems from real and real stems from real estate { occupied space } and real estate stems from royal { king } estate i.e. only the king can grant a peasant any royal estate i.e. estate of the king.

.."The alternative theory that the root is rex, i.e. king (from which through various intermediary languages we get royal, regnal, realm, regalia, and so on) does get a lengthy writeup in Wikipedia, however."...LINK

I have to give credit where credit is due. DrF get the God is eternal correct but only because God is synonym for Universe.

1st law of thermodynamics makes it clear that physical/energy cannot be created nor destroyed ergo eternally existent.

I take one step higher on the cosmic scale to include our finite set of occupied space Universe/God  cannot be created nor destroyed.

None have ever offerred any rational, logical common sense to add to, or invalidate these type comments, as stated by me, and none ever will.  The more foolish have tried and I have to give them kudo's via an 'E' for their 'Effort'.

disgusted
disgusted
I've seen ignorance in posts before but jeeeeeeeeeeeeesuuuus
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Nomenclature doesn't change what people are actually referring to in the real world.

Mopac,

YOUR EMBARRASSING QUOTE: "Christians who speak Arabic refer to God as Alllah."

Uh, no, they are called MUSLIMS and not Christians when referring to their God named Allah. Why do you cause discord when talking about the Abrahamic faiths? Additionally, how can you NOT accept Mohammed since Islam and Christianity are founded upon Abraham?!  

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Dr.Franklin

Dr. C&P Franklin,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE ONCE AGAIN: "Ok, I made a mistake stop getting mad over me saying one thing please"

As shown ad infinitum within this forum, you make a plethora of mistakes in the name of Jesus and you expect to be called a Christian.

You don't have to wallow in the depths of your ignorance to the faith by stating "please, don't make me the continued fool all the time," because how can I get mad at you when you can't help in being made the fool at DebateArt?  

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
You have many mistakes, You think we should strip naked all the time, thats not religious
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Mohammed is a false prophet, and does not know Jesus Christ. Very simple.

Thst is probably the nicest way I can put it without getting too polemic.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Snoopy

Snoopy,

YOUR QUOTE: "Nomenclature doesn't change what people are actually referring to in the real world."

Conversely, in the real world of rational thought, nomenclature becomes moot when all 3 Abrahamic based religions ALL CONTRADICT EACH OTHER in their godly inspired doctrines! Understood?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@mustardness
You say that God does not have a beginning.

Then at least on this particular issue, we have an agreement and have common ground in this topic.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
100th post!
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Of course he has a beginning. Produce mention of him prior to the Canaanites inventing him.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Mopac
Then at least on this particular issue, we have an agreement and have common ground in this topic
God/Universe or as Universe/God ergo finite set of all occupied space existence is eternally existent.  This is simple minimal brainer for any 10 year old who can grasp the 1st law of thermodynamics.

I offer shreds of classically accepted rational, logical common sense truths. You and DrF do not.

And that is the key point of diffferrentiation between  you, DrF and myself. Simple not complex to grasp, except for religous fundamentalist with narrow{ short-sided minds } or those with short-sided mental abilities.

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I did, how can that be a coincidence
It's due to the law of truly large numbers, which states that a large enough sample size is all but certain to contain extremely unlikely coincidences.

When flipping a penny, 10 heads in a row is extremely unlikely.

Flip a penny 100,000 times, and it is a near certainty you will get 10 heads in a row somewhere.
Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
You both recognize The One True God.

Eternal life is then in knowing Jesus Christ.

If you don't want to believe in Jesus, I can't help you on that.
Congratulations, you may finally be starting to understand the atheist position. We don't reject Ultimate Reality. We reject theistic claims about it.

There is no rational, logical way to go from "Ultimate Reality exists" to "Jesus gives eternal life." It requires faith. Atheists believe as they do because intellectually they cannot force themselves to believe such things without evidence or justification.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@mustardness
Good luck on your peer review.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
You are not an atheist if you believe Ultimate Reality exists.

You are simply averse to the word God, and attach just enough baggage to the concept in order to self justify this aversion.

But you certainly do believe that God exists.

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
No, I'm an atheist. I reject all theistic claims. When atheists say they don't believe in any god, it is not your definition of god they mean, but a theistic definition.

You're welcome to use your definition of God when describing your beliefs. Grant me the same privilege.

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Mopac

Mopac,

YOUR VAIN QUOTE: "Mohammed is a false prophet, and does not know Jesus Christ. Very simple."

It is NOT very simple, because how do you know that Mohammed is a false prophet, any more than our Jesus? Is it just because Mohammed is not saying what you want him to say because of the doctrine that has been handed down to you as given?  The irony of which, Muslims posit that Jesus is not the son of Allah, nor Allah incarnate, and they use our bible to prove this fact.  Now what?

YOUR TOUGH GUY QUOTE: "Thst is probably the nicest way I can put it without getting too polemic."

Oh, by all means, get tougher if need be to perceive yourself as knowledgable about the Bible, when in FACT, I have shown you to be the most blatant RUN AWAY from Jesus' TRUE words that I have ever seen in any religious forum!

BrotherDThomas
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stronn

Stronn,

As a TRUE Christian, I have to accept in what my Yahweh/Jesus/Spirit God represents within the Bible, and that is a serial killer of innocent children through plagues, the Great Flood, abortions, and other horrific examples of Him being a killer machine. That being said, you will NEVER hear the biblically inept MOPAC admit the same.  He is a Burger King Christian, where he wants his bible his way, and not our specific God's way, period.

Mopac is a FAKE Christian par excellence! 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
abortions
The Bible is anti-abortion? elaborate more please

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
I do not respect your right to pervert language in order to make your position out to be anything other than the abominable superstition and open declaration of war against my people that it is. 

I spit at your worthless respect, you are a dog until you repent of this wickedness.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
"Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
I do not respect your right to pervert language in order to make your position out to be anything other than the abominable superstition and open declaration of war against my people that it is. 

I spit at your worthless respect, you are a dog until you repent of this wickedness.
Seriously, now you're sounding like a rabid cultist. One thing cults emphasize is an "us against the world" mindset. It's very unhealthy.

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Stronn
That's religious debates in a nutshell
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
Over 20 million(lowest estimate, btw)of my people were killed by a government that had "scientific atheism" as state religion.

Your language, your entire philosophy was constructed to destroy us by making what we believe unintelligible. It is not innocent. It is not an arbitrary thing.

But if you will remain insensitive to that, realize that I absolutely cannot respect your satanic worldview. You do not get to say what God means. It means The Ultimate Reality, and your superstitions concerning our theology will not change that, neither will we ever respect the way you define our God.

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stronn
Flip a penny 100,000 times, and it is a near certainty you will get 10 heads in a row somewhere.
its about 50:50 you'll get 10 heads in a row in less than 2000 throws.  I'd expect about 50 seperate rows of 10 heads in 100,000 throws - and about 100 for rows of 10 heads or 10 tails.

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
Over 20 million(lowest estimate, btw)of my people were killed by a government that had "scientific atheism" as state religion.
Blaming all atheists for the horrors committed by the Soviet Union is like me blaming all Christians for the horrors committed by the Inquisition. 

Your language, your entire philosophy was constructed to destroy us by making what we believe unintelligible. It is not innocent. It is not an arbitrary thing.
Sorry to burst your egocentric bubble, but the goal of skeptical inquiry and critical thinking is not to destroy your particular religion. It is to discover truth, period. The fact that your beliefs appear unintelligible when examined critically is the fault of those beliefs, not the fault of some philosophy.

But if you will remain insensitive to that, realize that I absolutely cannot respect your satanic worldview. You do not get to say what God means. It means The Ultimate Reality, and your superstitions concerning our theology will not change that, neither will we ever respect the way you define our God.
Making no attempt to even understand what someone else means is the very essence of close-mindedness. With such a mindset, it's little wonder you engage in rampant straw mans whenever you try to characterize atheists.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Mopac
Good luck on your peer review.
"Peer review" is 2ndary concern.  Speaking truths, based on rational, logical common sense is primary to my ego.

Your ego is based on a false narrative and  look at how much attention you've received with a false narrative. Why is that? 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reality stems from real and real stems from real estate { occupied space } and real estate stems from royal { king } estate i.e. only the king can grant a peasant any royal estate estate of the king.

.."The alternative theory that the root is rex, i.e. king (from which through various intermediary languages we get royal, regnal, realm, regalia, and so on) does get a lengthy writeup in Wikipedia, however."...LINK

I have to give credit where credit is due. DrF got the "God is eternal" correct but only because God is synonym for Universe ergo God/Universe.

1st law of thermodynamics makes it clear that physical/energy cannot be created nor destroyed ergo eternally existent.

I take one step higher on the cosmic scale to include our finite set of occupied space Universe/God  cannot be created nor destroyed.

None have ever offerred any rational, logical common sense to add to, or invalidate these type comments, as stated by me, and none ever will.  The more foolish have tried and I have to give them kudo's via an 'E' for their 'Effort'.

The more rational, logical common sense types around here know better than to even try to refute my comments as stated, in these above regards.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stronn
You won't accept God as The Ultimate Reality.

What that means is that your whole worldview is predicated on redefining God in order to make your denial of God reasonable.

No, I am justifiably indignant towards this. Atheism is not a valid viewpoint, and simply pretending that God is something other than what we have always understood God as is not going to lead to any type of understanding. No, you are an agent of strife and discord, not truth, and it is all to satisfy your aversion to God! 

Yet you admit God exists when you agree The Ultimate Reality exists. What keeps you from admitting God exists? An aversion. 

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@Mopac
You are the one redefining God to fit your convenience. First, you define God as nothing more than the Ultimate Reality so you can argue that denying God is denying reality. But it turns out you don't really conceive of God that way--you add all kinds of theistic claims to your definition as well: salvation, Jesus, the trinity, the holiness of scripture, etc. When you do that, you define God as something much more than merely Ultimate Reality.

The claim that Ultimate Reality exists is not what I reject. What I reject are claims that the Ultimate Reality has properties of a theistic God. What I reject are claims that this Ultimate Reality cares what we do, wants our worship, and intervenes in our affairs.

Yet you admit God exists when you agree The Ultimate Reality exists. What keeps you from admitting God exists? An aversion. 
Yes, an aversion to unjustified assertions.