There'll never be closure on whether God exists

Author: Fallaneze

Total: 554
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
My religion doesn't come from a book, Omar. A book does not dictate our faith. You don't understand our faith. I keep telling you this, but you keep going on as if your.mind is closed off to what I am saying.

Mopac
Mopac
The Ultimate Reality is God.

The Ultimate Reality exists.

That is all there is to it.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
My religion doesn't come from a book, Omar. A book does not dictate our faith. 
Yes it does. Without the book what would you be reading in Church? Without a book how would God dictate your life?
You don't understand our faith. I keep telling you this, but you keep going on as if your.mind is closed off to what I am saying.
No matter how many times I tell you. You can't comprehend you are wrong. You are in denial how bad the Bible is at giving answers to the world when you use that above science for lets say the length of the universe.

Science gives better results.
Science is superior to the Bible.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The bible is not God, Omar. Neither is science for that matter. You are talking nonsense.
Mopac
Mopac
Thst is all there is to it.

How insignificant man's knowledge is when held next to God. A child is impressed because science gives them videogame idols to worship and waste away their life in vanity. It gives them media to consume like some insatiable drug addict who can never have enough of what isn't even truly satisfying. Vanity, all of it.

What is important is God. Peqce comes from God. Salvation is with God. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
The bible is not God, Omar. Neither is science for that matter. You are talking nonsense.
God supposedly gave you its message with the Bible. The only way you even "know" of its existence through that. To say the Bible is not God is obvious. That wasn't my claim. My claim is that you get your ideas about God from the Bible and that is your supposed link to it. 

Thst is all there is to it.
How insignificant man's knowledge is when held next to God. A child is impressed because science gives them videogame idols to worship and waste away their life in vanity. It gives them media to consume like some insatiable drug addict who can never have enough of what isn't even truly satisfying. Vanity, all of it.
How insignificant is your mind when you can't even comprehend a world were your specific God doesn't exist. Mopac is impressed by the "Bible" yet doesn't realize there are more impressive things in life like videogames the discovery channel etc. Mopac is too busy pleasing his non-existent dad instead of actually enjoying reality.
Who would have thought how irrational a theist can be? 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist

You are comparing apples and eggs. 

God supposedly gave you its message with the Bible. The only way you even "know" of its existence through that. To say the Bible is not God is obvious. That wasn't my claim. My claim is that you get your ideas about God from the Bible and that is your supposed link to it.
There are people scattered throughout the entire world who were alive at every stage of history who had no bible and still witnessed The Ultimate Reality as existing.

You don't need the bible to know God exists. God is witnessed through the things that are made.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
There may come a time for you when you grow up and realize that what you take as amusement now is as childish as playing with rattles and stuffed bears. You will get no joy out of them.

And if that is what makes life for you, well.... that isn't anything to be proud of.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
You are comparing apples and eggs. 
You were stating something that doesn't even exist and then stated it was the same thing as something that does exist as in reality exists and God doesn't.
There are people scattered throughout the entire world who were alive at every stage of history whoo had no bible and still witnessed The Ultimate Reality as existing.
Reality exists. God doesn't. Do you not understand?
You don't need the bible to know God exists.
You need to not digest propaganda to understand the falsifies of the Bible. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The Ultimate Reality exists Omar, and talking about something else while pretending to talk about the same thing is not an argument.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
The word "God" with a capital "G" means
The same as god with a lower case g, an invention of human imagination.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
A scientist with a clean intellect is well aware that gods are the invention of men and that includes your god.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Your religion must come from chinese whispers then.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
How insignificant man's knowledge is when held next to God.
Let's go. Put your god's knowledge up against mine. Your move.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Mopac
Your god was invented in the bible, without the bible you don't have a god.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
The Ultimate Reality exists Omar, and talking about something else while pretending to talk about the same thing is not an argument.
Reality exists. God doesn't. Stop pretending something else. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
God is reality in the truest sense of what that word means. Your superstitions concerning God does not overthrow that.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
God is reality in the truest sense of what that word means.
No it isn't which is why science doesn't support it. The best measurement for observable evidence can't give evidence for God.
Your superstitions concerning God does not overthrow that.
Your superstitions about God doesn't matter when there isn't evidence for it. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You are confused because you don't accept that the word "God" refers to The Ultimate Reality.

It's a definition. That is, a clarification of what it is I am refering to or talking about by using the word.

Do you know how definitions work? If you do, then you should be able to figure out that your argument is nonsensical.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
You are confused because you don't accept that the word "God" refers to The Ultimate Reality.
So if I accept God is another word. Now God exists? What a shallow foundation you have God existing. Guess people don't need too much to think they are correct at something. Somehow definitions makes you correct.
It's a definition. That is, a clarification of what it is I am refering to or talking about by using the word.

Do you know how definitions work? If you do, then you should be able to figure out that your argument is nonsensical.
Clarification to your definitions doesn't make you correct.
I can simply say reality and God are separate and those are my definitions. We won't go anywhere. That is the problem with your God existing argument. It is shallow and non-existence. It is just changing definitions to suite your agenda. It is kind of boring how little you need to think you are correct. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I am well studied in the church fathers and the monastics throughout the ages even until modern times. I myself independently verified this before discovering the Orthodox Church.

We all understand that God is The Ultimate Reality, and as we are the ones who believe in God, it stands to reason that we should be the ones to say what it is we mean by the word.

You say there is no God, but you aren't talking about our God. If you are talking about our God and you actually understand what you are saying, you're an idiot. 

You are no idiot right? So you can't have understanding about what you are saying. That being the case, you should abandon your superstitions and take some advice from someone who is well studied in these things.

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@zedvictor4
Spinoza in 8 minutes. [LINK]
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@3RU7AL
Thanks... the series seem pretty good.

43 days later

Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Fallaneze
Technically there is but only people who've died know. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Pinkfreud08
Even then, not really
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
For us, reality is the existence of matter.....1
Though the ultimate reality is the non-existence of matter....0
A superior intelligence if there is such a thing, call it a god if you like, is nonetheless.....1

And what goes on inside our head's, is simply self contained data processing.
So the status quo will remain unalterable, no matter how many times you might state that "God is the ultimate reality". 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
Matter is what matters.

And what matters to the mind is that data that is being processed.

What truly matters is greater than data processed by the mind.

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Maybe.

But you can only assume, that externally there is something greater.

And let's face it, assumptions are ten a penny. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
I believe it is the evident truth that there is more to reality than the so called "self contained data processing" that goes inside our heads. Clearly there is more going on than our own experience. 

Reality is neither contingent on observation, and our understanding of reality is not reality itself. Incomprehensible reality is still reality. That is, reality is not contingent on knowledge. Knowledge is a reality, but it is not the ultimate reality. It is the Ultimate  reality that  gives knowledge its existence. 

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Mopac
Yep. That's a logical enough assumption.

But a greater external reality, is just that. 

And any further fanciful assumptions would be illogical guesswork.