There'll never be closure on whether God exists

Author: Fallaneze

Total: 554
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@zedvictor4
What would be an example of "fancifiul assumptions that would be illogical guesswork"?

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac

You say there is no God, but you aren't talking about our God. If you are talking about our God and you actually understand what you are saying, you're an idiot. 
You saying there is God but that is not possible. Do you want to make an argument or are you to busy stating because the definitions say so God exist?
You are no idiot right? So you can't have understanding about what you are saying. That being the case, you should abandon your superstitions and take some advice from someone who is well studied in these things.
If you are not an idiot then you are intentionally doing this to avoid a conversation about the thing you have mentioned you understand. I just wish you understand it more than God = Ultimate Reality = Truth because I can simply say God = does not exist = irrational. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Then you are not talking about God. It is very simple. Yet you pretend you are talking about God. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Then you are not talking about God. It is very simple. Yet you pretend you are talking about God. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You identify as a nihilist, so it stands to reason that you don't believe anything with conviction. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Ad hom. Please give an argument or you know don't to show how weak your conviction of God is. It is almost as if your belief in God is as flimsy as your definitions.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is not an ad hom. Nihilism is the doctrine of negation. It negates everything, including itself. 

Nihilism is a denial of absolute truth. It is intrinsically an extreme form of skepticism. Instead of disputing over words, it would be more honest to your identified position(not saying you are being dishonest) to simply accept that The Ultimate Reality is God, and that you still deny God's existence.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
It is not an ad hom. Nihilism is the doctrine of negation. It negates everything, including itself. 

the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.

Please stop with the falsities. Should've stopped with God but since bad ideas lead to other bad ideas you decide to create your own definitions which just so happen go in line with what you think.
Nihilism is a denial of absolute truth. It is intrinsically an extreme form of skepticism. Instead of disputing over words, it would be more honest to your identified position(not saying you are being dishonest) to simply accept that The Ultimate Reality is God, and that you still deny God's existence.
Can you please actually engage with a discussion instead of lying and being deceitful? It would go more into the lines of Christianity being good instead of bad or Mopac's twisted version of good. 

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is really easy to follow the way of negation.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
It is really easy to follow the way of negation.
Totally disregard actual information so that your perception is still gone unchallenged? Is this how you keep your faith in God? By not even challenging or even acknowledging other perspectives? Guess your position on Religion is really flimsy.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I have examined my beliefs very thoroughly, and am very secure. That being the case, you are wasting your time if you think that by simply contradicting me I am going to be convinced by your opinions.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
I have examined my beliefs very thoroughly, and am very secure. That being the case, you are wasting your time if you think that by simply contradicting me I am going to be convinced by your opinions.
Who would have thought you were helpless?
Now I know your belief in God is flimsy and easily debunk-able if you did actually understand what a good argument is or isn't.
Too bad that you care more about lies than the truth.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The Truth is God.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
The Truth is God.
A person with no identity resorts to parroting the same thing over and over expecting to be correct or mean anything. Your identity is tailored to the collective that is whatever sect of Christianity you ascribe to. Your individualism is scrapped for a hive mind.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It isn't about me being correct. The correct one is God, because God is The Truth. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
It isn't about me being correct. The correct one is God, because God is The Truth. 
Anything else hive mind? 
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You have to be a freethinker to believe in Jesus nowadays. Everyone i come across believe that believing in Jesus is like believing in Santa.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@crossed
You have to be a freethinker to believe in Jesus nowadays. Everyone i come across believe that believing in Jesus is like believing in Santa.
Can you please explain?
Our_Boat_is_Right
Debates: 16
Our_Boat_is_Right
-->
@Mopac
@TheRealNihilist
Can you guys keep this going?  I'm thoroughly enjoying this, just read through the whole thread.  I know you guys are getting somewhere.  Don't stop now.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@crossed
The Jesus character may or may not have been based on a real person. 

It's all the associated, freethinking, supernatural stuff that logical thinkers find a tad hard to swallow.

Stuff like Gods.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Our_Boat_is_Right

I love what I said there. It also applies to you.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Nihilism is the doctrine of negation.

It is really easy to destroy everything. Look, all you are doing is contradicting me. You don't really have an argument. At the same time, you accuse me of what you yourself could be accused of. You say that I have scrapped individualism  for a hive mind, but where do you think your ideas come from? Long before you were born the ideas you profess have been absorbed into western culture and education. The Soviet Union in particular was very aggressive in their indoctrinating of the population into so called "scientific atheism", which was fundamentally nihilistic in character. 

But indeed, nihilism cannot be anything but individualistic. It functionally destroys everything. In fact, it even destroys the individual. When you are alone, an individual so to speak, what are you relating to? As an individual, you are nothing.

Our way is not that of the individual, it is of the person. The main distinction being that a person is defined by its relationship. It is a different way of looking at things.

But nihilism has nothing to offer. There is nothing enlightened about it either. It is a lot easier to negate, dismiss, and play the hard skeptic about things than it is to get real understanding. A small child can dispute everything and simply be contrary. There is nothong impressive or even difficult about this. Most importantly though, this is not the way of Truth. In fact, nihilism is self defeating. It destroys itself, and that  is the point. Nihilism stands on nothing. If there there is no absolute Truth, nihilism cannot have any truth to it. Nihilism is a Satanic philosophy.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Nihilism is the doctrine of negation.
Saying the same thing twice doesn't make you right. You don't understand this which shows how incompetent you are. Given that a hive mind doesn't actually need to change it can simply ignore and live in its delusion of individualism. 
 You say that I have scrapped individualism  for a hive mind, but where do you think your ideas come from?
Instead of showing how your side is correct you strawman my position? Okay hive mind deflecting instead of actually defending your side.
Long before you were born the ideas you profess have been absorbed into western culture and education. The Soviet Union in particular was very aggressive in their indoctrinating of the population into so called "scientific atheism", which was fundamentally nihilistic in character. 
To this day people still follow a delusional man called Jesus. Communism is disregarded by anyone reputable in economists. Anything you would like to add delusional follower?
But indeed, nihilism cannot be anything but individualistic. It functionally destroys everything. In fact, it even destroys the individual. When you are alone, an individual so to speak, what are you relating to? As an individual, you are nothing.
Do you not understand the definition or are you also using your won definition to suit your agenda? I'll go with the latter until you reply.
Our way is not that of the individual, it is of the person. The main distinction being that a person is defined by its relationship. It is a different way of looking at things.
Thank you for telling me you have a nice way of stating your part of a hive mind. It doesn't allow for individuals because those individuals are made up of differences which Christianity doesn't allow. A individual can choose not to believe in God but that doesn't make him a Christian. So what makes him a Christian? Following a specific line and not moving from it. Almost like the individual doesn't matter and they are apart of a collection of people doing the same thing. Almost like a hive mind. 
But nihilism has nothing to offer. There is nothing enlightened about it either. It is a lot easier to negate, dismiss, and play the hard skeptic about things than it is to get real understanding.
Built on a definition to suit your narrative not what is commonly used. Please give the actual definition of nihilism instead giving me this negation rhetoric.
A small child can dispute everything and simply be contrary.
A small child will be filled with propaganda in order for them to join the hive mind.
There is nothong impressive or even difficult about this.
What is so difficult regurgitating what your parents and/or priests have said? Oh wait nothing.
Most importantly though, this is not the way of Truth. In fact, nihilism is self defeating. It destroys itself, and that  is the point. Nihilism stands on nothing. If there there is no absolute Truth, nihilism cannot have any truth to it. Nihilism is a Satanic philosophy.
Please Satanic coming from a person believing in a delusional man? Okay guess I must be doing really well then. Thank you for telling me that. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You don't believe in truth, so your opinion is as meaningless as your philosophy.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Of course I don't believe in God. Wasn't that obvious?

Your opinion is useless because I have heard it from someone else in your hive.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You are a nihilist. It is consistent with that stated belief that you consider what I say meaningless. It would be more consistent if you held your own beliefs to that standard.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Mopac
Thank you for telling me that nihilism is no meaning not negation. You sure you are using your made up definition or the actual one?
Our_Boat_is_Right
Debates: 16
Our_Boat_is_Right
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I have no idea why you think that post is so great.  It's literally a normal post that has no more significance than any other of your posts.

I like post #59.

"A person with no identity resorts to parroting the same thing over and over expecting to be correct or mean anything"

Sounds almost like you spouting that god does not exist over and over.  

I was not going to intervene, but I will give omar a suggestion.  When mopac suggests you be open to know what Christians believe and what he believes, don't respond in a closed-minded manner and keep saying things like 'the bible is where you get the information about God' or 'God isn't real so what you say is irrevelant.'  Ask mopac what he believes, why he believes, and keep an open mind to his ways instead of dismissing those opportunities.  Maybe you could actually learn something or understand more.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Sounds almost like you spouting that god does not exist over and over.  
When people start with the assumption that God exists I have to state that. If they didn't then I would simply have a conversation about it.
I have no idea why you think that post is so great.  It's literally a normal post that has no more significance than any other of your posts.
You can't admit to a great post. Your biases are clouding you. Maybe because it hits right at home and you know it or you don't.
I was not going to intervene, but I will give omar a suggestion.
It is TRN. Feeling don't care about your facts.
When mopac suggests you be open to know what Christians believe and what he believes, don't respond in a closed-minded manner and keep saying things like 'the bible is where you get the information about God' or 'God isn't real so what you say is irrevelant.' 
I am sorry who is saying God = Ultimate Reality = Truth? It is Mopac. Don't give me advice when we can't even have a discussion when he doesn't want one. He has made it perfectly clear he is simply hear to state his position not contest it. Go and ask for yourself. He is first a Christian before a free thinker. That is why I state he is part of a hive mind. 
Ask mopac what he believes, why he believes, and keep an open mind to his ways instead of dismissing those opportunities.  Maybe you could actually learn something or understand more.
Please ask Mopac if I have done this. If he is honest I have then when he didn't want to discuss I am doing what I am doing here.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is not an assumption that God exists. The Ultimate Reality must exist.

If God doesn't exist, there is no reality. As you are having an experience, you have undeniable scientific evidence that there is some form of existence. If there is some form of existence, there must be an existence as it truly is. This Ultimate Reality is what we mean when we say "God". To someone with this God, The One True God, atheism is not a tenable position.