North American Union(NAU)

Author: Alec

Total: 99
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@dustryder
From what I've read, Greenland's GDP per capita is about double the Mexican one.

Alec
Alec
-->
@Mopac
Mexico might get rich, but would it be at America's expense in both money and territory?  I think if Mexico joins NAU, then a bunch of unassimilated Mexicans would settle in the south west and in major cities and it would lead to separatist movements, confirmed by history.  It is how Flanders lost Brussels to French influence.
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
America is though.
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
From what I've read, Greenland's GDP per capita is about double the Mexican one.
But in terms of overall economy, Mexico outpaces Greenland by far and is much more closer to Canada and the US. Mexico is a better candidate for any sort of North American union by far, in terms of historical ties, culture, distance, trade and existing relationships

I think if Mexico joins NAU, then a bunch of unassimilated Mexicans would settle in the south west and in major cities and it would lead to separatist movements, confirmed by history.
Not confirmed by history. There is no case in history where excessive immigration of unassimilated nationals has ever lead to any sort of successful separatist movement
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
False.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Oh deary you. You have the most corrupt country in the world.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
Oh, you know It! Because the third world doesn't exist, I guess.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Really pathetic retort, but keep trying.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
Again, post your country so that we can compare and contrast. You could continue to prove that you're an ignorant coward, though. That works too.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Funny as. A wingnut claiming American superiority with Humpty Dumpty as his leader. Oh dear
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
Humpty Dumpty,LOL
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
One of the great things about the American system of government is that it's structured according to the expectation of withstanding incompetence and immorality.
Alec
Alec
-->
@dustryder
Why do many in Flanders want to break away from Belgium?  It is due to a different culture.  If the same thing is allowed in the US, then Hispanics would create majorities in America, and separatist movements would exist, just like in Puerto Rico.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
Ok, if you ever want to say something even remotely intelligent, let me know. Until then, later nerd!
Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
Until then, later nerd!

Nerds are smart.  Disgusted is a troll.  Like if you agree.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
This is one definition of "nerd". It accurately described him: "a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills" 
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Alec
Why do many in Flanders want to break away from Belgium?  It is due to a different culture.  If the same thing is allowed in the US, then Hispanics would create majorities in America, and separatist movements would exist, just like in Puerto Rico.
The issue I take with your view is that the Flemish-Walloon divide has nothing to do with migration of differing cultures as in your hypothetical situation. You've taken a situation that vaguely fits your scenario on one point and completely ignored everything else. Belgium was formed from two pockets of distinctive culture. For those people, Flanders and Wallonia are their respective historical lands. This would not be the case in a Mexico-US migration and these two points make the two situations fundamentally incomparable. 

To reiterate: There has been no example of what you've described in history and hence what you've described is purely conjecture.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I don't really think The United States is like European countries or really most countries.... our country is not really ethnicity based. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
It's patently obvious that the less than competent have great difficulty understanding my posts because they lack the intellectual acuity needed and consequently need desperately to disparage me for being a far superior intellect. It will make you feel better, but that is the purpose of lying to yourself, after all.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
I would wager that took you six hours on Merriam-Webster.com to write. Anyone can feign intimate knowledge of advanced vocabulary. Not everyone can create a coherent argument, as evinced by your comments in this thread and your lack of debate participation. If looking up big words makes you feel smart, go ahead. Just remember that it doesn't make you smart. :)
Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@disgusted
your pathetic police state will never compete.
There are currently 50 states in the union.  Each has its own constitution.  A few such as New Jersey and Massachusetts may be moving in the direction of a police state in the sense that loyal authorities are no longer armed as civilians. However, I haven't had time to look into this subject too deeply and verify the details.  

Here is what Canadians would be giving up in joining the union.  

Article 1 Section 10  -  US Constitution
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it’s inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.  No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

Basically, the economic prospects would likely improve and they would have less trade disputes.  They can keep all their superior policies, and in abolishing the Canadian government, their states would have closer representation, but would no longer get to mooch off the unprecedented military might of the US.  Prospectively, the traditional provinces may or may not be redrawn.  Off hand I guess the senate might get a boost in republicans, and the house would get a boost in democrats.  The Canadian population is only 36 million, a bit more than 1/10th the US population, and most of them live near the US boarder.

Plus, they wouldn't be able to say "We're not American" and whatever they have going on with the Monarchy would have to be a more personal affair.

Article 1 - Section 9
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

Snoopy
Snoopy
Article 1 - Section 9

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.  The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unlessin Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.) (Section in parentheses clarifiedby the 16th Amendment.)

No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.

No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue tothe Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time totime.

No Title of Nobility shall be grantedby the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.

Alec
Alec
-->
@dustryder
Let's say that Flanders and Walloon were formed separately.  This does not apply to Brussels.  The reason why many in Brussels want to join Walloon in the event of Belgium breaking up is because Brussels used to be Dutch and now it is Francophone.  If they were Dutch, then they would stay with Flanders.  If Mexico joined the NAU, then there would be millions of unchecked immigrants from Mexico settling in the South west and in major cities.
dustryder
dustryder
-->
@Alec
Let's say that Flanders and Walloon were formed separately.  This does not apply to Brussels.  The reason why many in Brussels want to join Walloon in the event of Belgium breaking up is because Brussels used to be Dutch and now it is Francophone.  If they were Dutch, then they would stay with Flanders. 
1. The conditions for the rise of French in Brussels were fairly specific and do not apply to your scenario.
2. Belgium breaking up hasn't actually occurred. 
3. Neither Flanders or Wallonia are countries.

This is not a situation that is comparable to your hypothetical

If Mexico joined the NAU, then there would be millions of unchecked immigrants from Mexico settling in the South west and in major cities.
1. There is little evidence to suggest that there will be millions of immigrants from Mexico
2. Even if there were evidence to suggest millions of immigrants, the correct course of action to take would be to construct effective policy that prevents situations that you are describing, not blatantly shuttering out the US's 3rd largest trading partner. Free movement does not always entail free immigration
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
There's just another bet you lost.
If I wanted an English dictionary I most certainly wouldn't use an American dictionary, different language don't you know.
It's just English vocabulary not advanced vocabulary little one.
I see that like all of your kind big words frighten you, I'll keep that in mind since you are unlikely to ever get any smarter.
Off you go and read your picture books.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
Isn't the U.S.A. a N.A.U?

And why would a nice country like Canada even consider such retrograde move?

And if Greenland were to gain full independence from Denmark, why would they suddenly think that it would be a good idea to give all their territory and natural resources away to the U.S.A?

All smells of Empiricism to me!

And furthermore the U.S. needs hard working Mexicans. Who's going to do all the donkey work otherwise?
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
"It's just English vocabulary not advanced vocabulary little one."

Your sentence structure is atrocious. Back to grammar school with you!  You are missing at least two commas.

You also forgot a question mark after "don't you know." You used a period. It was also a run-on sentence missing a verb.

I don't know how my big words could be considered "kind", either.

I could go on if you wanted. Obviously you have no right to an elitist attitude based on your grammar skills(or lack thereof). Goodbye, mouth-breather! 

Snoopy
Snoopy
-->
@zedvictor4
And furthermore the U.S. needs hard working Mexicans. Who's going to do all the donkey work otherwise?
Youth...

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Honey, we are discussing two different languages. Your opinion doesn't count. Picture books little one.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
Yes, because English and English are two different languages....