I think people would rather be hypocrites then state their wrongs

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 76
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
Example:

Having a pro-life position yet be for the death penalty.
Saying everyone should have equal rights yet not have the same position when it comes to fetuses.
Irrationality defending your side instead of bringing out rational critiques.

1st one was for right wingers.
2nd one was for left wingers.
3rd one is for both sides.

I don't think I am saying too controversial if you aren't the people who personally do this and would like to defend yourself.

There are more but getting the most general points can have the most people understand the context. 

I think everyone has been a slave to this but different people have this problem at varying degrees.

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
It is hard to confess being wrong. Especially in a culture that puts way too much emphasis on pride.

But a lot of times it is not obvious to people what is wrong. Politics is especially messy, because compromise with the other party is often times met with great hostility.

It is, in a way, the type of justification that is addressed in our faith. Justification is not about following the right set of rules to a T or in conforming to certain guidelines. For example, a party platform. It is The Truth that sets you free, and though rules, laws, and guidelines are not necessarily bad and can help train in discernment, these in themselves do not define righteousness.

But if you really love The Truth, repentance, that is, confessing wrong and going the other way is essential. We all make mistakes, even when we do our best. That is ok, as long as we are honest and do our best to try to do better. Sincere faith is what it is about.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
The Death Penalty saves lives, Abortion kills
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@TheRealNihilist
This is not a hypocritical position.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@janesix
How is it not? 
keithprosser
Debates: 0
keithprosser
-->
@TheRealNihilist
How is it not? 
I don't hold either view, but if i did I would say 'I am proinnocent life but against guilty life'.

I also think it's possible to confuse being hypocritial with being inconsistent.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
"The death penalty saves lives, abortion kills".
What a non-sensical contradictory statement.

What you're actually trying to say, is that you personally have decided to go along with the notion that the one action is justified and the other isn't.

So, are you prepared to admit your mistake?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@keithprosser
I don't hold either view, but if i did I would say 'I am proinnocent life but against guilty life'.

I also think it's possible to confuse being hypocritial with being inconsistent.
The pro-life is the stance that murdering life is bad. The distinction innocent doesn't matter because every single child can be assigned with that if you don't consider the mother dying during pregnancy worthy of not calling them innocent. It is basically distinction that doesn't distinguish between the unborn. 

Another problem I find most people who advocate for the death penalty I think Religious. Why do you want to kill the person when he could've asked for forgiveness for your specific God?

Another problem is that if the law said something was bad then you are okay with it. So lets say if the law said you are guilty for being alive. Then in this scenario you are against life. Examples of this could be Jews in Germany, people sent to the Gulags, Native Americans forced to take pretty much food stamps due to the other Americans killing their source of food. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@zedvictor4
A more recent study by Kenneth Land of Duke University and others concluded that, from 1994 through 2005, each execution in Texas was associated with "modest, short-term reductions" in homicides, a decrease of up to 2.5 murders. And in 2009, researchers found that adopting state laws allowing defendants in child murder cases to be eligible for the death penalty was associated with an almost 20 percent reduction in rates of these crimes. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Dr.Franklin
A temporary decrease in the murder rate is not really the same as saving lives is it?

Statistics and misinformation like this are generated for and by a particular lobby group.

I'm certain that the opposing lobby also generates it's own spurious statistics.

Anyway; that's a different discussion.

Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I have yet to see proof that the death penalty terrorizes people into thinking twice about severe crime. (or whatever theory)
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Snoopy
Dr.Franklin doesn't know what he is talking about. He parrots from his idols instead of actually realizing that in order for your claim to be true the data would have to support it. When you make the claim like the death penalty reduces homicides and your data doesn't support this. You know there is a problem with what the person is doing either parroting from idols or doesn't even know how to support his claim. Hopefully it is the first and I think it is. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
I have yet to see proof that the death penalty terrorizes people into thinking twice about severe crime. (or whatever theory)

Read the article
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
awwwwwwww
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Correlation is not causation.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Cause you brought no evidence
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I don't need to state your point is wrong. 
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Every human life is precious (after they're born).

Saying everyone should have equal rights yet not have the same position when it comes to fetuses.
There is no "right to an abortion".  Nobody is "pro-abortion".

The original ruling simply affirmed doctor-patient confidentiality.  A woman and her doctor should be free to make private decisions about medical procedures and treatments.

Suggesting that every embryo should be granted the full rights and protections of citizenship from conception essentially criminalizes miscarriage and eliminates all personal privacy.

Are you pro-privacy or anti-privacy?

There's also a matter of jurisdiction.

What happens inside a woman's body is her business.
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
as per usual
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
From a person who doesn't even know what it is required for an argument. 
I don't need to show counter evidence to show how bad your evidence is. Did you understand that or maybe like what you have shown in the past you don't?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why are you playing these games, show me the wholesome evidence please
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@3RU7AL
Why make the distinction when they are born?
Do I need to quote democratic presidential nominees on right to an abortion to take my claim actually hold anything or do you realize how easy it is for me to do?
Every single relevant democratic nominee is pro-abortion as in they want people to have a right for an abortion given they support it.  
The original ruling simply affirmed doctor-patient confidentiality.  A woman and her doctor should be free to make private decisions about medical procedures and treatments.
Who says being pro or against abortion runs the risk of patient confidentiality? Can you demonstrate how it is actually impacted by either being pro or against abortion?
Suggesting that every embryo should be granted the full rights and protections of citizenship from conception essentially criminalizes miscarriage and eliminates all personal privacy.
Miscarriage is used to state something that wasn't the fault of the women occurred. We don't use it to blame women because of what they do not have control over.

"eliminates all personal privacy" Do you consider this an exaggeration or I am actually not seeing how everything is lost because of it?
Whether you are pro or anti abortion it doesn't impact the privacy. Unless of course you selectively frame the discussion like what if the women wanted to get an abortion but lacked the privacy from the state given the law that states any kind of asking for abortion will be reported? Bearing in mind being against abortion doesn't equal anti-privacy.
Like with anything that is connected to law. What is your point?
No it isn't. It never was it never will be. Whatever I do that has an impact on another does require you know the proper authority to get involved. If lets say I assault or murder a person. I require a jail about what I did given the states value of life. It might be just implied but the government does have a part to play in bringing in the new generation. If it didn't democracy would fail given everyone would be dead. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Why are you playing these games, show me the wholesome evidence please
I said correlation is not causation. Do you not understand that?
That means you would have to show the death penalty does cause life saving but you can't which is why you ask me show proof. I don't need to for your point to be lacking. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
There you are again,with these "games"
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
There you are again,with these "games"
Guess you don't understand simple concepts. Come back to me with a rebuttal or you know actually understand what I just said. 

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What's your point
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Guess you can't read. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@TheRealNihilist
hahha
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why make the distinction when they are born?
Mostly because the rights of citizenship begin at birth.

Do I need to quote democratic presidential nominees on right to an abortion to take my claim actually hold anything or do you realize how easy it is for me to do?

Every single relevant democratic nominee is pro-abortion as in they want people to have a right for an abortion given they support it.  
I'm pretty certain they call themselves "pro-choice".  Nobody is advocating for mass abortions.  Nobody wants people to have abortions.

They are simply arguing that it should be an option.  It is an unpleasant choice that is less-bad than many of the alternatives.

The original ruling simply affirmed doctor-patient confidentiality.  A woman and her doctor should be free to make private decisions about medical procedures and treatments.
Who says being pro or against abortion runs the risk of patient confidentiality? Can you demonstrate how it is actually impacted by either being pro or against abortion?
The Supreme Court’s decision finding a right to privacy arose in a 1965 case involving the right of a married couple to use contraception called Griswold v. Connecticut.  But the right has become responsible for court decisions supporting adult rights to sexual intimacy, to gay marriage, and to the rights of parents to make family decisions, such as whether their children are home-schooled or go to religious schools. The right to privacy also supports an adult’s right to decide their medical care, and an adult’s right to die, by rejecting medical care in certain circumstances. This medical care area also implicates the rights and autonomy of the physically disabled and the mentally ill. Further, the right to privacy can support artificial insemination. And transgender individuals have used privacy to argue that schools cannot ban them from certain bathrooms, and that government must generally support their gender identity choices. [LINK]

Miscarriage is used to state something that wasn't the fault of the women occurred. We don't use it to blame women because of what they do not have control over.
Most miscarriages are preventable.  (IFF) an embryo is a citizen (THEN) a preventable miscarriage is manslaughter.

It does not really matter whether a woman is pro- or anti-abortion. In states like Tennessee, with its freshly passed anti-abortion amendment, you can be arrested for having a miscarriage.

An alarming number of women are being arrested, prosecuted and jailed just for losing their pregnancies. In addition to anti-abortion measures, you can thank the advance of “personhood” fights for embryos, fetuses and even fertilized eggs for that. [LINK]

"eliminates all personal privacy" Do you consider this an exaggeration or I am actually not seeing how everything is lost because of it?
Griswold v. Connecticut.

Whether you are pro or anti abortion it doesn't impact the privacy.
Griswold v. Connecticut.

Unless of course you selectively frame the discussion like what if the women wanted to get an abortion but lacked the privacy from the state given the law that states any kind of asking for abortion will be reported? Bearing in mind being against abortion doesn't equal anti-privacy.
Being anti-abortion = anti patient-doctor confidentiality.

Like with anything that is connected to law. What is your point?
What happens inside a woman's body (sovereign territory) is her business.

No it isn't. It never was it never will be.
Please provide an example of something that happens inside a woman's body that is NOT her business.

Whatever I do that has an impact on another does require you know the proper authority to get involved. If lets say I assault or murder a person.
Are you assaulting or murdering a person in a foreign sovereign territory?

I require a jail about what I did given the states value of life.
Here's the problem. [LINK]

It might be just implied but the government does have a part to play in bringing in the new generation.
Are you suggesting we are in danger of running out of children?

If it didn't democracy would fail given everyone would be dead. 
Please dial back the hyperbole.  You are free to make as many babies as you see fit.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@3RU7AL
Mostly because the rights of citizenship begin at birth.
Doesn't mean that right is just or should be upheld. Do you have something more to go on?
I'm pretty certain they call themselves "pro-choice".  Nobody is advocating for mass abortions.  Nobody wants people to have abortions.

They are simply arguing that it should be an option.  It is an unpleasant choice that is less-bad than many of the alternatives.
Clearly semantics or I don't know you are triggered by some framing. I am pretty sure that the majority democratic stance is if they need an abortion then they should have it which goes for every single abortion occurring right now and in the past. 
The Supreme Court’s decision finding a right to privacy arose in a 1965 case involving the right of a married couple to use contraception called Griswold v. Connecticut.  But the right has become responsible for court decisions supporting adult rights to sexual intimacy, to gay marriage, and to the rights of parents to make family decisions, such as whether their children are home-schooled or go to religious schools. The right to privacy also supports an adult’s right to decide their medical care, and an adult’s right to die, by rejecting medical care in certain circumstances. This medical care area also implicates the rights and autonomy of the physically disabled and the mentally ill. Further, the right to privacy can support artificial insemination. And transgender individuals have used privacy to argue that schools cannot ban them from certain bathrooms, and that government must generally support their gender identity choices. 
Where was the part that being against abortion impacts this again?
Most miscarriages are preventable.  (IFF) an embryo is a citizen (THEN) a preventable miscarriage is manslaughter.
Any evidence?
The definition states: the spontaneous or unplanned expulsion of a fetus from the womb before it is able to survive independently.
So if you were proving anything you would be proving that it wasn't a miscarriage instead was intentional fetus killing or something.
It does not really matter whether a woman is pro- or anti-abortion. In states like Tennessee, with its freshly passed anti-abortion amendment, you can be arrested for having a miscarriage.
Am I supposed to be for this or something? I am not given the definition that is "spontaneous" or "unplanned". If a miscarriage is preventable it is not a miscarriage.
An alarming number of women are being arrested, prosecuted and jailed just for losing their pregnancies. In addition to anti-abortion measures, you can thank the advance of “personhood” fights for embryos, fetuses and even fertilized eggs for that. 
Guess more filler. What were you trying to show with this again?
Being anti-abortion = anti patient-doctor confidentiality.
If I said I was going to murder a bunch of people to a therapist and carefully laid out how I would do it. Are you telling me the therapist would not speak to the proper authorities regarding what I just said?
You would have to demonstrate how anti-privacy in this specific context is more valuable than a life either by showing a fetus isn't a life or anti-privacy is more valuable.
What happens inside a woman's body (sovereign territory) is her business.
What do you consider sovereign territory?
Why should what she want be valued more than what is inside of her?
Please provide an example of something that happens inside a woman's body that is NOT her business.
An abortion. It requires the business of lets say planned parenthood given the authority to do so by the government. Her business is only granted by the state. She wouldn't have it without the state and even if the state gave her the right she still has to use the facilities given by the government to commit to an abortion. If it was her business she wouldn't need the government to make it happen but she does.
Are you assaulting or murdering a person in a foreign sovereign territory?
Fetus. What do you consider a person then?
Here's the problem. [LINK]
A crooked system is a crooked system. Do you think I am for a crooked system?
Are you suggesting we are in danger of running out of children?
No. In order for there to be people to take part in a democracy we require people. 
Please dial back the hyperbole.  You are free to make as many babies as you see fit.
It wasn't hyperbole. It is what would actually occur or you think non-existent hyperbole then I can't help you.
Calling me out for the hyperbole yet you started it? Isn't that hypocritical?
You said: 
"eliminate all personal privacy"
Hypocrite and a liar.