Author: disgusted

Total: 118
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

What is the big deal, the Bible is full of blatant CONTRADICTIONS, and you're just figuring this out? LOL!  

TRUE Christians have to accept this fact, and just move on because we're in the hopes of a life of eternity walking around Heaven all day long with Jesus, just walking and talking with Jesus, forever, all the time walking and talking about Jesus, consoling with others that we made it to Heaven, where others are burning in Hell!  

I personally will joke with Jesus in saying to Him: "Hey Jesus, what are you doing up here in Heaven because so many of your Jewish followers are waiting for your eventful 2nd coming, where it has been 2000 years plus!"  Do you think that Jesus will smile at my joke?

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Your brother hasn't addressed the thread, I believe he's blithering at you.
Missed it did you?
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@Stephen

Stephen,

YOUR COMICAL QUOTE:  " I just don't don't agree with your explanation you clown"

WHAT?  You have the audacity to state that the number one biblical lexicon of the JUDEO-Christian bible, being Strong's Biblical Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon, regarding Luke 14:26 is WRONG? Where does your bible ignorance end?

I feel it as my duty to give you  link to a Christians Children Forum, where trust me, you will feel more comfortable with your total bible ignorance:  http://www.forumchristian.org/chidren

You can thank me later.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
-->
@disgusted
No. It's absolutly correct. Part of the Greek translation of hate in this text is (miseo) means love less. You have to take this up with the Greeks.

Someone says "I hate spinach!".

Do they really? Do they want to see it scorched from the earth like they would a cancer on their body? Are they filled with rage because someone else likes it, and is healthy as a result?

No. They're using strong language to emphasize a point that they don't like it's taste.

RoderickSpode
RoderickSpode
On a side note, the word hate today has a certain socio-political attachment. We use the term loosely at times (I hate spinach), but in our western definition, we tend to focus on it's political implication. The word hate has become sort of a hated word, because it immediately draws attention to racism, homophobia, misogyny, etc. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@disgusted
Disciple: a personal follower of Jesus during his life, especially one of the twelve Apostles.

To think it applies today is wrong, BUSTED!

Of course, as others have pointed out, it means love ess for Jesus, Busted
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
Your inonoclast
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@BrotherDThomas
I feel it as my duty to give you  link to a Christians Children Forum, where trust me, you will feel more comfortable with your total bible ignorance:  http://www.forumchristian.org/chidren

I had a seizure, thanks BroD,aka Iconoclast!
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
What is the big deal, the Bible is full of blatant CONTRADICTIONS, and you're just figuring this out? LOL!  

Evidence# 3,456,789 of BroD being 21stCenturyIconoclast

keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
@disgusted
@Dr.Franklin
The word we should be analysing is 'μισεῖ', particularly its idiomatic use in 1st century koine greek.
Not really my area!

Stephen
Stephen

WHAT?  You have the audacity to state that the number one biblical lexicon of the JUDEO-Christian bible, 

I do indeed. But I see you are now swerving the obvious New Testament contradictions that Luke 14:26 now gives rise too. Would you like to explain them away? Of course you won't because you can't.

Like I have said, I have no horse in this race and I have nothing to defend , or support religiously. So you either accept my opinion or you don't. I am easy either way. But you simply waving away these very obvious and "blatant" contradictions as if they are irrelevant to the matter that  Luke 14:26 now highlight will not make them go away . They are there to stay as long as you believe that the word "hate" in the Luke verse actaully means one MUST AND HAS TO "hate " his/her parents, children,brothers , sisters friends and neighbours and any other relation he/she may have. 

Do you think that Jesus will smile at my joke?
If he were still around he would say YOU ARE the joke.

I have to go with the link Snoopy posted. It  agrees with me and makes more sense.

P.S. I don't believe you have actually understood the content of your own link.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
particularly its idiomatic use in 1st century koine greek.

I agree, and already pointed out to the sea sponge and the Bruv. They are having none of it. And the Bruv doesn't even care that  the verse of Luke's has now become extremely problematic and throws many of Jesus's own saying right up into the religious atmosphere.

I did begrudgingly congratulate the sea sponge on his effort with this thread. When I said:

--> @Stephen post # 19 This thread, even after its silly introduction may turn out to be your best ever effort yet at attacking what it is that Christians actually have faith in instead of attacking Christians simply for having a belief and a faith. Good boy. This should turn out to be e very interesting thread.

There again it has been said that most things are discovered by accident rather than intention.
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
I'd say that from context 'hate' doesn't mean 'actively wish harm towards' but is closer to notions 'be indiferent to', 'renounce', 'leave behind/aside'.

In the chapter Jesus tells wrould-be followers to be sure they are prepared to put their faith ahead of the people and things that matter to them now.   There is an element in jesus' teaching that one should withdraw from the world as much as possible for the short time before the new world order arrives, 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
Jesus tells wrould-be followers to be sure they are prepared to put their faith ahead of the people and things.... 

In short, to love them less than and  not more than. As I have already explained in my 1st or 2nd post. And the link from Snoopy that followed supports what I have explained.  But I notice you haven't quite come off the fence on this one. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@Stephen
The fence between what and what?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It's nice to see that my continually endorsing your need to improve your reading comprehension is paying small dividends but you haven't yet realised that many of your earlier failures can be attributed to my posts being so intellectually superior to your capacities.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Added: 08.01.19 02:25PM
--> @RoderickSpode
The Bible equates hate with murder.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@keithprosser
The fence between what and what?

Weather "hate" in the case of Luke's verse actually means hate as we understand it in the modern 21st century sense or that "hate" simply means to - love less -  than in the ancient NT sense. This is why I,as you and now others have mentioned the idiomatic sense that I believe it should be understood, but it went clean over the head of the sea sponge as I knew it would and he the Bruva are having none of it, as If I actually fkn care.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
It never went over my head. Godists have been lying about that passage since I was  a kid.
What does hate mean to you?
What did it mean to you in the 20th century?
Why does it mean something different in the 21st century?
Did you see the definition in the OP?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
To "love less" means murder. WOW. According to the most defending godist on this site. Why don't you accept his opinion?
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
-->
@ludofl3x
You could take that a step further and ask "Why didn't God just transmit His literal voice directly into the heads of every human?" The answer is we don't know what God's motivations are. Perhaps He sought to confuse the Jewish religious elites, who professed to be wise but couldn't even understand His relatively simple message. He could've just handed over a scroll with a five-page catechism, I guess, but the point is that because their hearts were closed to higher truth they did not understand what believers earnestly seeking Him would discover the answer to.
But considering that Christianity is still transforming untold numbers of lives around the world every day even in 2019, I'd say the Gospel is sufficiently universal in its scope. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Swagnarok
You could take that a step further and ask "Why didn't God just transmit His literal voice directly into the heads of every human?"
The obvious answer is that your god is a figment of human imagination and is not capable of such.
The answer is we don't know what God's motivations are.
And yet you continually profess that you do, are you lying?

But considering that Christianity is still transforming untold numbers of lives around the world every day even in 2019, I'd say the Gospel is sufficiently universal in its scope.

And yet it is all lies. Wonderful.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
It never went over my head.

Godists have been lying about that passage since I was  a kid.
Did you see the definition in the OP?

It obviously has gone clean over your head, otherwise you wouldn't have to keep repeating yourself. I have given my opinion on the matter. I don't give two fks what you want to believe or disbelieve.It makes no difference to me. The brother on the other hand has some explaining to do if  he insists that we shouldn't even consider the idiomatic use of the word as it appears in Luke. So you can take that up with the Brother who, I am sure will dismiss the stone cold fact that his response has now made all the statements of love and kindness made by Jesus problematic in the extreme. This should breath a bit more life into your now ailing thread.

So you keep milking this thread for what it is worth. It was surprisingly  going quite well considering it was a thread authored by you. You did author this thread all on your own didn't you? You didn't cheat by asking others to help you? Anyway, whoever it was I can see you will no doubt drag it down to your customary level of shite.  You don't seem to understand that I don't give two fuks what you belive, your argument lies elsewhere.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted
You could take that a step further and ask "Why didn't God just transmit His literal voice directly into the heads of every human?"
The obvious answer is that your god is a figment of human imagination and is not capable of such.

Just as I predicted. Back to YOUR same old shite once you run out of clear and legitimate argument. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
You haven't answered these questions

Stephen
Stephen

So?
I am still waiting for your answers to these little gems of yours

--> @disgusted wrote: 
How did the alleged hebrews kearn Alpha Centaurian, especially since they believed that stars were just little lights in the dome above their flat earth?

Where is your evidence to support that claim? How do you know that the ancient Hebrews believed that the stars were only "just little lights in the sky" ? And how do you know that the ancient Hebrews were believers in the "flat earth" when the Old Testament indicates otherwise?

Or do we file this under as yet another ridiculous and outrageous unsupported claim of yours along with these below?

@disgusted "we  have  evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"?  
No proof offered by the claimant.

@disgusted  "the word god did not exist before the middle ages"

@disgusted "We all exist in the same reality"

No proof offered by the claimant

but unavoidable in the enlightening of man
@disgusted Then how did cavemen come up with it?

Do you have evidence for that claim? Did "cavemen " have a religion? Did they worship gods?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
All done little one.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
What does the word hate mean in your fantasy world
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@disgusted

What does hate mean to you?What did it mean to you in the 20th century?Why does it mean something different in the 21st century?

So?
I am still waiting for your answers to these little gems of yours

--> @disgusted wrote: 
How did the alleged hebrews kearn Alpha Centaurian, especially since they believed that stars were just little lights in the dome above their flat earth?

Where is your evidence to support that claim? How do you know that the ancient Hebrews believed that the stars were only "just little lights in the sky" ? And how do you know that the ancient Hebrews were believers in the "flat earth" when the Old Testament indicates otherwise?

Or do we file this under as yet another ridiculous and outrageous unsupported claim of yours along with these below?

@disgusted "we  have  evolved by exactly the same process as every other animal that has ever existed on this planet"?  

@disgusted  "the word god did not exist before the middle ages"

@disgusted "We all exist in the same reality"

No proof offered by the claimant

but unavoidable in the enlightening of man
@disgusted Then how did cavemen come up with it?

Do you have evidence for that claim? Did "cavemen " have a religion? Did they worship gods?

ludofl3x
ludofl3x
-->
@Swagnarok
The answer is we don't know what God's motivations are. Perhaps He sought to confuse the Jewish religious elites, who professed to be wise but couldn't even understand His relatively simple message. 

But that's not what you're saying in the original post I responded to. 

Christ spoke in riddles and mysterious sayings, to confound the listener and accomplish His good purpose.
You're saying here you do know his motivations: he wanted to confound the listener AND ACCOMPLISH HIS GOOD PURPOSE through, somehow, this confusion. 

...because their hearts were closed to higher truth they did not understand what believers earnestly seeking Him would discover the answer to.
You're now claiming knowledge you cannot possibly have. And you're claiming to know god's motivations in a roundabout way: to weed out the not-earnest-enough believers. If I grant that, then what end would this achieve? Because it seems according to the rules, by doing this and then allowing other religions to form subsequent to the correct one, he is doing so either not caring, best case, that so many of his creations are going to burn in hell tormented for all eternity through no fault of their own, or worst case, is designing a system to accomplish exactly that. I welcome your explanation of the contrary.