CNN Dem Debate 2

Author: Imabench

Total: 77
Snoopy
Debates: 1
Snoopy
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Open up a thread on spam in the Debateart.com section if you are so interested.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
She has no attackers.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
moderators are going to try to help the DNC knock Biden out.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Holy shit, fuckin Tulsi going after Harris now regarding the death penalty 

Harris sticking to her guns about being against the death penalty, thats going to come down to how voters feel about it individually. I am heavily in favor of the death penalty, but a lot of democrats are not, so Harris got out of that fairly clean. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Snoopy
I can't remember, they voted in a fascist policy
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I'm stating my opinion
When I start valuing the opinions of the mentally handicapped I'll let you know. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Imabench
Are you saying mentally handicapped arguments are invalid

Bigot
Imabench
Imabench
I like this debate a lot more than the first two since it seems like the candidates have enough time now to say what they want to say based on their own opinions. The first ones were 95% forgettable since everyone was just trying to say as much as they could to beat the time limit, now just about everyone is more relaxed and seemingly genuine. 

Imabench
Imabench
Kirsten admitting she has benefitted from white privilege and understands that she has benefitted from it, and knows that others don't enjoy the same easiness in life she has received is a pretty 'woke' statement to make. She hasn't really had a lot of memorable moments in these debates though and I dont think she'll make it past the first two or three primaries once they roll around
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Also CNN gave Warren an A+

Warren is the heir apparent, the DNC just has to go through the motions.
Imabench
Imabench
The climate change questions are going to get boring fast. I can already see this is going to be a dick-measuring contest over who has the most 'actual detailed proposals' in their platform. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
I mean, if you put her and Sanders on a stage with a bunch of nobodies, it's not exactly difficult to look like the best of the bunch. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
it's rigged
Cogent_Cognizer
Debates: 5
Cogent_Cognizer
Disagree with you on Biden flying on the coattails of Obama being a good idea. Not a good move, especially with what Booker pointed out how he's basically cherry-picking what to support of Obama and what not to. That's been his entire campaign, lol. He's more of a republican than a democrat, and really if he wanted to get Trump out of office(like his announcement to run ad focused entirely on and no policy substance), he should do what Bill Weld is doing and primary Trump. Every single sitting president who lost re-election had a major primary challenger in the last century and a half. That's just a fact. If Biden was truly anti-Trump, that would be his best bet since he would be a much more serious primary challenger than Weld.

Cogent_Cognizer
Debates: 5
Cogent_Cognizer
Plus, Biden just doesn't belong with the democrats. It would be more honest for him to primary Trump and admit to being a republican.
Imabench
Imabench
CNN: "Is the Green New Deal realistic?"

Gilibrand: "I would sign the Paris Climate Agreement. We won the Space Race, lets win the Green Race!"
Tulsi: "In Hawaii, we had to transition off fossil fuels because our survival depended on it"
Booker: "Bush didn't join the Kyoto Protocol, we are out of time, we have to take an all-of-the-above strategy to Climate Change"

Everyone claiming that climate Cchange is important but none of them want to answer the question about whether or not the 'Green New Deal' is realistic, because its not. 

Imabench
Imabench
CNN to Biden: "What do you say to the progressive who don't think your policies go far enough?"

For fucks sake.... There's not anything Biden could do or say that would get Warren or Sanders voters to flip to his side, the only way they'll support him is if both Sanders and Warren drop out of the race. 
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@Greyparrot
moderators are going to try to help the DNC knock Biden out.
I think the other people up there want to knock Biden out bc he 'will' lose against Trump. I really don't know how he is leading in the polls... He is horrible and can barely form a sentence. Trump will devour him. 
Imabench
Imabench
CNN to Andrew Yang: "Why are voters wrong to think that Biden is the best candidate to beat Trump?"

What CNN claims they asked on screen: "What do you say to voters who believe a nominee who can beat Trump is better than one who agrees with them on the issues" 

Come on guys, get your act together. 

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
He's cornered the older portion of the electorate as well as those who think that a Biden presidency will be like a third Obama term. Check out how Biden has such massive support from black voters despite his previous hiccups with busing and crime legislation, Obama is 80% of the reason Biden is polling as well as he is. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
Thanks for doing this thread... i like reading through it. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
I just hope people wise up... to me it just shows how blindly people are voting for things... but maybe when it gets closer, some of them will pay attention and see how much of a crap candidate he is. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Outplayz
I admittedly was Team Biden going into it, but now im drifting towards Tulsi Gabbard and Amy Klobuchar.

Unfortunately I dont think either of them will break out into the top-tier of candidates before the primaries start rolling around. 
Imabench
Imabench
Economy questions are going to be a mixed bag. Answers going to vary from unrealistic grand programs that would never get through Congress, or shitting on Trump and either giving credit for things to Obama, or emphasizing that things are only working out for the ultra rich

CNN: "Would you keep Trump's tariffs on China?"

Fuckin softball question if ive ever seen one. Might as well ask if the candidates love America and want to run for president. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Imabench
I like Tulsi... she laid a smack down on Harris tonight. But i'm personally voting for Bernie or Warren. I think it's going to take the extreme to make any kind of change. I don't agree with everything they stand for... but i do agree they are extreme, which i think that's what it will take to make any kind of change. Progressives have been playing ball with conservatives for way too long... i want to see what a progressive would do for once.  
Imabench
Imabench
CNN getting on track with questions specifically regarding candidates stances on free trade. 

Im interested in seeing how much voters feel about NAFTA because NAFTA really entails just Mexico and Canada whereas the problems with free trade are highlighted from trade with China and other asian nations. The whole point of the TPP was to open trade with countries OTHER THAN China in an attempt to make things more balanced for other asian nations that play by the rules more often. 

Imabench
Imabench
Yang getting the 'Women get paid 80 cents for every dollar a man gets' and asking if fining companies that do this would fix the problem. He chooses to rope it to his 'Universal Basic Income' plan where every American would get paid money every month... Kind of a stretch and I can see where he was going with it, but the UBI thing is the one thing everyone who knows about Yang already knows about him. Yang didnt do himself any favors by bringing it up once again cause he did that in the last debate he was in. 

Outplayz
Outplayz
They are bending him over... jeez women. 
Imabench
Imabench
Gilibrand to Biden: "What did you mean when you said women working outside the home deteriorates the family?"

Biden: "I wrote the Violence Against Women Act and have tried to get justice for women not treated equally"

If he just straight up said he was wrong in the past and that his views have evolved since then, and THEN brought up his policies as proof that he has evolved on his views, that would have been the best strategy to do there. Instead by going right for what he's done recently, he's just trying to dodge the question and its something viewers should notice. 

Harris: "Why do you not support the Hyde Amendment?" (Federal funds available for abortion)

Biden: "I support a women's right to choose, I support it, I will continue to support it"

Again another dodge, but that was a better time to dodge that one because tax dollars for abortion is a HELL of a controversial issue that could drive out GOP turnout. 

Imabench
Imabench
Foreign policy questions, now the fun begins. First one about pulling out of Afghanistan. 

Booker: "I will pull out the troops form Afghanistan as long as we do it safely and not create a vacuum"

Yeah good luck with that, there will be a vacuum left behind no matter when troops pull out because Afghanistan and Iraq are too unstable to function on their own in the first place.