Is Hinduism a religion?

Author: janesix

Total: 67
Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
Yet the authors conclusion was to call for the destruction of Hinduism as the originator and sustainer of the vile, slave making caste system.

You are lying. Please show me where in your link did he call Hinduism evil and advocated its destruction

I have, therefore, no hesitation in saying that such a religion must be destroyed, and I say there is nothing irreligious in working for the destruction of such a religion.
So you were lying. The author does not call for the destruction of Hinduism nor dies he call Hibduism evil.
The  author is discussing the genesis of the Caste System as a social construct and not Hinduism. You need to read you source before inappropriately using it.

Christianity had everything to do with African slavery.

So you claim, but African slavery is not the topic here, Hinduism is.

It is relevant when one is talking to an African slave like you who is attacking a religion he knows nothing about or knows  the cause of his own slavery as a black African Christian living in Ghana Africa which was the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Centre of the world. You even confessed slavery is still practiced in your country.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Yet the authors conclusion was to call for the destruction of Hinduism as the originator and sustainer of the vile, slave making caste system.

You are lying. Please show me where in your link did he call Hinduism evil and advocated its destruction

I have, therefore, no hesitation in saying that such a religion must be destroyed, and I say there is nothing irreligious in working for the destruction of such a religion.

So you were lying.
Only if you can't read.

The author does not call for the destruction of Hinduism nor dies he call Hibduism evil.
So then, when he says, "such a religion must be destroyed," what religion is he talking about?

It is relevant when one is talking to an African slave...
I disagree. Topics are decided by the OP, not by the bigotry of the poster.

No matter who you are speaking to, Hinduism has nothing to do with African slavery and Ambedkar's answer is the same.

"Once you clear the minds of the people of this misconception, and enable them to realize that what they are told is Religion is not Religion, but that it is really Law, you will be in a position to urge its amendment or abolition."
Harikrish
Harikrish

So you were lying.
Only if you can't read.

The author does not call for the destruction of Hinduism nor does he call Hibduism evil.
So then, when he says, "such a religion must be destroyed," what religion is he talking about?

It is relevant when one is talking to an African slave like you who is attacking a religion he knows nothing about or knows the cause of his own slavery as a black Africa slave living in Ghana Africawhich was the Trans Atlantic Slave Trade Centre of the world. You even confessed slavery us still practiced in your country.
I have, therefore, no hesitation in saying that such a religion must be destroyed, and I say there is nothing irreligious in working for the destruction of such a religion. Indeed I hold that it is your bounden duty to tear off the mask, to remove the misrepresentation that is caused by misnaming this Law as Religion. This is an essential step for you. Once you clear the minds of the people of this misconception, and enable them to realize that what they are told is Religion is not Religion, but that it is really Law, you will be in a position to urge its amendment or abolition.

In the passage you provided the author is talking about the Varna System (caste system) he is not talking about Hinduism. He believes if the caste system  is accepted as Law and Law as religion then this religion must be destroyed. That there is nothing irreligious in working for the destruction of such a religion. Note  no mention of Hinduism
And we know the caste system was outlawed in 1948.You article was written in 1917. So the caste system is separate from Hinduism.

The caste system is not  Hinduism. It is known as the Varma System not Hinduism The caste system is not a product of Hinduism. Even the author does not associate it with Hinduism.

But  we know African slavery is a product of Christianity. Before that African slaves were owned and traded by Arabs, Romans.
ethang5
ethang5
The author does not call for the destruction of Hinduism nor does he call Hibduism evil.

Dodging questions and re-spamming your post will not work for long.

Remember, this site is moderated.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@ethang5

The author does not call for the destruction of Hinduism nor does he call Hinduism evil.

So you did not even know what Dr Ambedkar was talking about.
He was speaking at an Anthropology Seminar. He is not talking about religion or Hinduism. He is talking about the different castes in India.

CASTES IN INDIA: 
Their Mechanism, Genesis and Development
by B. R. Ambedkar
Paper presented at an Anthropology Seminar 
taught by Dr. A. A. Goldenweizer 
Columbia University 
9th May 1916

I have, therefore, no hesitation in saying that such a religion must be destroyed, and I say there is nothing irreligious in working for the destruction of such a religion. Indeed I hold that it is your bounden duty to tear off the mask, to remove the misrepresentation that is caused by misnaming this Law as Religion. This is an essential step for you. Once you clear the minds of the people of this misconception, and enable them to realize that what they are told is Religion is not Religion, but that it is really Law, you will be in a position to urge its amendment or abolition.

In the passage you provided the author is talking about the Varna System (caste system) he is not talking about Hinduism. He believes if the caste system  is accepted as Law and Law as religion then this religion must be destroyed. That there is nothing irreligious in working for the destruction of such a religion. Note  no mention of Hinduism
And we know the caste system was outlawed in 1948.Your article was written in 1917. So the caste system is separate from Hinduism.

The caste system is not  Hinduism. It is known as the Varma System not Hinduism The caste system is not a product of Hinduism. Even the author does not associate it with Hinduism.

But  we know African slavery is a product of Christianity. Before that African slaves were owned and traded by Arabs, Romans.
Dodging questions and re-spamming your post will not work for long.
You were exposed for dodging and being in denial for years about your African heritage. But Harikrish got you to confess you are the only black left on DDO. I will be posting your confessions on DART now that you are here to defend yourself against your own confessions.

Shouldn't you then not be more careful about misrepresenting facts.

ethang5
ethang5
The author does not call for the destruction of Hinduism nor does he call Hinduism evil.

So you did not even know what Dr Ambedkar was talking about.
Do you? You seem to be dodging the question. The author uses the word "religion". What religion was he referring to?

He is not talking about religion or Hinduism.
He was talking about the religion of hinduism, and said so, using both words religion and Hinduism.

The caste system is not  Hinduism.
It certainly is hinduism, which is why  Ambedkar renounced hinduism and adopted Buddhism, and why India outlawed that vile system.

You, and other consciousless hindus still argue for the caste system. If it is not hinduism, why do you defend and hold on to it?

Shouldn't you then not be more careful about misrepresenting facts.
You should have been more careful.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
@Harikrish
The religion of the caste system, because Hinduism isn't a single religion, it is a classification of religions. The word "Hinduism" itself was invented outside of India for the purpose of referimg to Indian religion in general.