---Celebrity Mafia: DP2---

Author: bsh1

Total: 283
Cogent_Cognizer
Debates: 5
Cogent_Cognizer
I was going to point out how Wylted voted for the guy accused of buddying for me, likely to point out another scum-like action of an actual town member, but now I'm not sure what his final vote was. Let me take a look.
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
If this wasn't a mistake on BSH1's part, this means that Wylted is a double-voter(an actual role in the source material)
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
Anyone played with Double-Voters before? Are they typically town or mafia?
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
I think I need to unvote for now until this is settled. I can't imagine anyone putting a double voter on the mafia team, I don't think that would be balanced unlesss there are only two scum.
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
My Disc theory primarily revolved around you being mafia, given you both were actively trying to establish yourselves as firmly town before.

Also, if you're freaking double-voter, why didn't you reveal this in this phase? That would have immediately made me think twice about lynching you lol.
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
I changed my vote from supa to press which was the hammer. Once bsh1 saw there was a hammer he probably stopped giving a shit about removing the other vote. I am not a double voter. 
Wylted
Wylted
Also if I was the double voter I would not reveal that anyway. It buys is an extra DP and it is the correct strategy to hide that ability for as long as possible
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
Dude, you're not making this easy on you. If you claimed to be double voter, I'd believe you given I wouldn't think BSH1 would make a mistake like this.

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
Also if I was the double voter I would not reveal that anyway. It buys is an extra DP and it is the correct strategy to hide that ability for as long as possible

Fair, I suppose this is something BSH1 wouldn't reveal to be a mistake or to be done purposely.

Still, the suspicion is there that you're a double-voter.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
I wasn't trying to establish myself as town. Others saw me as town because I had clearly spent several hours trying to establish what was attractive to bsh1 by combing through his DDO post history. A thing not typical of scum or of me as scum. Disc did not seem to be going out of his way to establish himself as town either. Now what we were doing was trying to establish an early town block to have a higher chance of lynching scum. 
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
If you turn out to be town, which I'm suspecting you to be now given the likelihood of you being a double-voter, I've put you in my unsure category now.

So what reasons do you have to suspect Oro(who is now speed)?

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
I wasn't trying to establish myself as town.
If that's true, it still screamed town behavior to look for who is town. Mafia don't need to do that, obviously. They only need to in order to pass off as being town.

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
He has an ethical duty to acknowledge the vote count was a mistake and will do so. Also I have no interest I'm making anything easy for myself. It is not my responsibility to prove I am town.  My job is to find scum.  The scum pool is very small and disc is mod in our.  Oro is. Pie is.  Supa is. Those are who we need to focus on.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Oro because of POE. I have more accurate town reads than scum reads so I usually try to focus more on building town reads and lynching what remains.
Wylted
Wylted
It screams town behavior to look for members of town, so you scum read me for it. Makes sense
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
It screams town behavior to look for members of town, so you scum read me for it. Makes sense
I mean, it does considering Mafia wants us to think they are town, and the only person who came off as obvious mafia, turned out to be town.

Wylted
Wylted
I'm not fixing the autocorrect issues. You guys can pay the price for disagreeing with editing posts
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Do you understand what WIFOM is? Did you not watch the princess bride clip I sent you last DP? 
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
I'm not fixing the autocorrect issues. You guys can pay the price for disagreeing with editing posts

Lol, I agree with your sentiment, but there's no way to prevent dirty-edits(i.e if someone does a slip, and then edits it to prove to others they didn't say it even though they did)

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
Since you like reading guides start here https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted

Do you understand what WIFOM is? Did you not watch the princess bride clip I sent you last DP? 

Of course I do. Hence I VTNL'd last round to get more evidence. Then I can figure out who is actually using reverse psychology, reverse reverse, etc.

Why do you think VTNL'd? I needed more evidence. I do not at all like to Vote on dp1, ever, for that exact reason.

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
I should be asking if *you* know WIFOM, because you voted wrongly and thought it was a good idea to vote in DP1

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@bsh1
But yeah, if you would be so kind to explain if Wylted being listed twice in the final vote was a mistake or not, that is if you can and are willing. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
We should always lynch every dp except for at mylo
Wylted
Wylted
By the way. Pie bas a legit scum tell and it is no longer just POE so
unvote VTL pie

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
I don't understand why you think we should lynch every dp. As you pointed out, WIFOM can be occuring in DP1, we don't know who is telling the truth, who is using reverse psychology, etc, given we have no information unless we are mafia. Regardless of whether town lynches or not, Mafia gets to kill someone on NP1. There's no "preventing" it really. So by dp2, we are guaranteed one townperson to die.

VTLing has a higher likelihood of lynching town members if we assume the rules in WIFOM that we can't trust anyone's words in DP1(given no evidence is there for town). And I don't see the reward of killing one mafia for 1 townperson rewarding enough in DP 1. It's best to keep as many townspeople alive upfront, and get evidence revealed in later rounds, preferably by the third round, so that at that point, Town for sure knows who is mafia, and they correctly vote for mafia every subsequent round. I consider having correct vtl's more important than taking the huge risk in DP1 to have a somewhat good reward. 

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
But I do wish to point out, I think it's very likely Wylted has double-voter, given they are not particularly concerned about townspeople dying in DP1. This is the only explanation I can think of that would explain his lack of caring for townspeople to die early and wants that moderate reward of lynching mafia early. 

I suppose we'll find out when and if BSH reveals to us it was not a mistake to include Wylted twice for votes. 

Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
But yeah, once BSH makes this confirmation, I'm ready to apologize to you for accusations so far against you. It was honestly a mistake that I didn't notice you were counted twice if that was intentional by BSH.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Cogent_Cognizer
I got at least 5 good town reads by the end of DP1. There is enough behavioral clues that we have no excuse to ever deprive ourselves of a town directed kill. We can only win by lynching so reducing the percentage of kills given to town is just bad strategy. 
Cogent_Cognizer
Cogent_Cognizer
-->
@Wylted
Yes, I recognize it can be bad if we reduce them. Usually my policy is we forego DP1, and every day phase after we lynch. 

I get your concern, but you must understand why I have much releuctance to VTL on dp1, especially since we did what I feared we would do: lynch a townperson and get 2 townspeople killed in one day/night round.