Animals and the Afterlife

Author: ludofl3x

Total: 320
Tradesecret
Debates: 2
Tradesecret
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
There is ONLY ONE GOD which counts.  The rest are gods of the imagination or persons with an exaggerated sense of the Ego. 
LOL, the irony.
This would be a correct position IF I was not positing the Christian Traditional view. If I was coming from a multi-pluralistic point of view then yes - the irony would be all over the place. 

Yet, I have never put any other position save the Christian one.  

Acknowledging the existence of other positions does not imply that I agree with them.  Or that I won't ridicule them when necessary. 

I take quite a broad view of Christianity.  Yet, there are limits to what Christianity is and how far it extends.  Others with multi-theological positions can believe what they choose to - but this does not give them the right to just think that I believe something rather than know something.  That is my point. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Sorry Trade.

But that is all arrogant bunkum.

You have your GOD implanted in your head, as acquired and stored data.

Your GOD is currently not known to be anywhere else.
No need to apologize.   Yet, you can't argue the point can you? 

Nor will you admit it either.   I am not the one living in delusional la la land.  You believe most things based on testimonials of others - not because you have scientifically proved it yourself. Not only that, the only way you attempt to prove things mostly is by other people's testimonials.  That is nothing short of BLIND FAITH.  And that this is your basis of understanding is made very clear with a very concrete hypothetical of the Solomon Islands.

After all, if you cannot prove to me that the Solomon Islands exist - how in the world would you expect someone to prove that God exists to you?  As I said above - it is an absurd standard of proof that you require.  That is on you. Not me.   

By the way, I accept that testimonials are acceptable.  For me to believe that the Solomon Islands exists is therefore rational and consistent. You on the other hand - reject testimonials but do believe. Hence - blind faith.  And more than that - inconsistent and one might say irrational. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Tradesecret
Yet, there are limits to what Christianity is and how far it extends.  Others with multi-theological positions can believe what they choose to - but this does not give them the right to just think that I believe something rather than know something.  That is my point. 
That statement doesn't talk about what limits there are to Christianity. You are calling other religions flat out false untrue and basically calling those people who believe in those religions what atheists call you that's the irony. I don't care what limits you put on yourself as a Christian and be like this fence is where my belief is and everything inside is my Christianity that's fine with me let the Christians argue that with you. You're basically saying that anything outside the fence doesn't exist and that's b******* there's as much evidence from my faith as yours.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
So just to make sure I understand you Stephen, you reject science in the favour of testimonials?

Since you have never been to the Solomon Islands, you just accept it blindly. 

Oh - yes I do believe the Solomon Islands exist.  Very much so.  Yet, I also admit and concede it is based on testimonials not on scientific evidence or proof. 

You - reject the need for scientific evidence for the its existence and are VERY CONTENT to accept testimonials.  And once again you also demonstrate your lack of courtroom procedures. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Poly, 

I don't believe in other Gods. I do think any religion apart from Christianity is a false religion.  I don't make bones about it. 

But every other religion does the same thing anyway - even if they never express it.  IF they thought other religions were right then they would stop believing their own and jump ship.  

I am not an egalitarian when it comes to religion.   I'm not. I apologise that offends you - but it is what it is. 
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Tradesecret
It doesn't offend me but it makes you a liar.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
No i never said other faiths don't exist.  You can believe what you want.  But do I think you are an atheist?   What an interesting question.. 

would I call Satan an Atheist?  Yes and No.  (I am not suggesting you are satan by the way.) 

Satan believes in God' existence.  Therefore many would call him a theist.   And if the definition of a theist is someone who believes in God then that would satisfy things. 

For me however the belief in God's existence is not really that helpful - since that makes everyone in this world a theist, including every atheist since I hold the view that everyone believes in God. Many hold this truth down rather than accept its reality. 

But there is another level of theism - it is the sense of those who believe and understand and follow.   For me these are the real theists. Not just people who believe in a deity or whatever. 

Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Tradesecret
Never said I thought you think of me as an atheist. Funny every pre- Christian theist is some self delusional idiot but you're good. 
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Yes - you are probably correct.  I apologize for all offensives matters I have raised against you. 

Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
So just to make sure I understand you Stephen, you reject science in the favour of testimonials?

I believe you missed your own blinding hypocrisy. 

But Zed would suggest that it is only words in a book

As do  YOU, and often;

"The bible "?  The same bible that you say is "just a book that can't cause anything". #3 ?

And  full of words about which you say "Words are words, and that is all they are". #45 ". 

Are you saying that the Solomon Islands do not exist? Are you saying that Her Majesty Queen of England is not the head of state for the Solomon Islands. Here educate yourself you pompous penis.

yes I do believe the Solomon Islands exist.
Then your argument is moot.
And it is as I have said previously, you are now simply arguing for arguments sake.#298. And you claim to be- among many other things - a lawyer!   No lawyer I know would attempt this pointless tactic in a courtroom setting:

In a court room it might be considered evidence if the person swears on it.

Nope! And here you are again bringing an ancient story into a 21st century  the courtroom setting. You have attempted this bullshite before and failed miserably.
You have once more painted yourself into a tight theological corner from which there is no getting out of. And typically arguing for arguments sake!#298.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Tradesecret
Testimonials of fact for sure.

But not testimonials of testimonials of testimonials, of the hypothetical super nature that accompanies Middle Eastern myths, that make up the various interpretations of the bible.

There's a whole world of difference between fact and mythical fantasy Trade, as well you know.

Delusional La La Land
Nice Ethanic jibe.

But I know exactly where La La Land is.

It's in Trades head, and currently a GOD is lodging there.
Polytheist-Witch
Polytheist-Witch
It's always interesting to watch the Christians say everyone else is delusional and then the atheist say everyone else is delusional. Funny how much they have in common.
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Polytheist-Witch
Again you make excellent points. Perhaps we are all delusional. 

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@zedvictor4
Testimonials of fact for sure.

Ha Ha.  You are not relying on testimonies of fact. You are relying upon testimonies of other people.  That is not fact.  You know it - and you don't want to accept it. That is your prob not mine. 

But not testimonials of testimonials of testimonials, of the hypothetical super nature that accompanies Middle Eastern myths, that make up the various interpretations of the bible.
I'm not ONLY relying on testimonials - but the evidence of many independent reporters from many parts of history.  

There's a whole world of difference between fact and mythical fantasy Trade, as well you know.
Yes. I agree.  You are living in fantasy land not me. I have never shied away from testimonials. You have long mocked them. The myth of course in your beliefs that you take everything as independent fact and proved. Yet the truth is - you believe blindly in testimonials and ironically never even knew it. 

Delusional La La Land
Nice Ethanic jibe.
I don't mind being compared to Ethang.  (Did you read that Stephen? Put that in your little list of quotes.  )

I don't understand how it is ethan like though. 

But I know exactly where La La Land is.

It's in Trades head, and currently a GOD is lodging there.

God is everywhere.  

It does not surprise me that you know where la la land is.  I suspect you have a testimonial of fact to support that too. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Nice Ethanic jibe.
I don't mind being compared to Ethang.  (Did you read that Stephen? Put that in your little list of quotes.  )

Duly noted. Not much of your shite gets passed me, Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete. And I'd be failing in my duty to inform  the members of this forum of your so,so impressive CV of " qualification's and accreditation's " and who you aspire to be like. 😁

I don't understand how it is ethan like though.

That is because you are far too dim......tim,  too.

zedvictor4 wrote: Testimonials of fact for sure.

Tradesecret wrote:: Ha Ha.  You are not relying on testimonies of fact. You are relying upon testimonies of other people.  That is not fact. 

Read your reply very slowly, and note the bold above in particular.

You just cannot suppress your real character/s for too long can you , Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete?

I'm not ONLY relying on testimonials - but the evidence of many independent reporters from many parts of history.  

Relying on?  What evidence? From who ? And why?

Nope, it is you that has made the claim, sunshine. Now is all you have to do is prove it.

Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Nice Ethanic jibe.
I don't mind being compared to Ethang.  (Did you read that Stephen? Put that in your little list of quotes.  )

Duly noted. Not much of your shite gets passed me, Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete. And I'd be failing in my duty to inform  the members of this forum of your so,so impressive CV of " qualification's and accreditation's " and who you aspire to be like. 😁
Thanks for notation. Again, it would be nice if you used my name and not some name you get from a voice inside your head.  Hmm, interesting you think you have a duty to the rest of the members of this forum?  A duty to inform???  Well there you go!. The things we learn.  My CV is pretty impressive, but then again you have not seen it have you?  But what is even more impressive is that you think you know - and yet what can I say, what you have is but a mere shadow of the truth. Still, I am pleased that I provide you so much joy and pleasure. 

I don't understand how it is ethan like though.

That is because you are far too dim......tim,  too.
Ah, I see what you've done there. So clever and witty. Too bad you are about completely wrong.  I am not Ethang. I am not you. "Is that you John Wayne"? Is that me? Nor am I a certain Timid.  Nor am  I brother d thomas or PGA.  You must get so bored trolling out the same misinformation.  Please refer to my name and not to your imaginary voices in your head. 

zedvictor4 wrote: Testimonials of fact for sure.

Tradesecret wrote:: Ha Ha.  You are not relying on testimonies of fact. You are relying upon testimonies of other people.  That is not fact. 
Read your reply very slowly, and note the bold above in particular.
You know as well as I do that the point of my discussion with Zed was to draw his attention to the FACT that he does not rely upon independent facts as such but testimony.  You do the same thing. In FACT most of us do most of the time. It is very rare that any one person does some independent research into the things that they actually believe.   Our sources of information are the ones we rely upon. And not many of us ever check them out.   Scientific textbooks have lots of interesting information. But not many students ACTUALLY ever do the experiments in the book. Mostly, students TAKE it on FACE VALUE that their teacher is not lying to them.  This is called trust. 

My point in relation to the Solomon Islands was about integrity. I acknowledge its existence not out of scientific fact or evidence that I have ever verified. And neither do you.  And neither does Zed.  None of us will probably ever go there. But for our entire lives we will have no doubt about its existence - even though we don't apply the scientific method to its existence.  It is because we have a different measure of truth.  It is testimony.  And for the most part in life - most people everyday rely on the SOLE testimony of everyone else we come into contact with.  Sometimes we doubt the narrative. Sometimes we don't even bother questioning the narrative.   But what is the reason we doubt? Not on scientific evidence.  But on something else. Probably our worldview.  Maybe something else. 

My point is - there is hardly anything in life that we choose to validate by way of the scientific method.  Yes, it is helpful. But for the most part it is also impractical. Take the existence of the Solomon Islands.  We take it on value that others are telling the truth and not lying to us. We take it on value that their credentials are correct.  But if suddenly someone says - they don't exist, then what? We would laugh at them. But what would possibly convince us they don't exist? Nothing- because hypothetically, we know that we know that it is true. If we were put onto a plane - and were taken to a destination point - to find it did not exist? Would that satisfy us? Well probably some of us. But not all of us.  Some of us would say - wow - thanks for proving it. Others would say - no way Hosea - you obviously took us to the wrong place - give the coordinates, let's look again. Let's get a map out. Let's do some real research.  And then after this research is done- some people would say Wow - "how did we ever fall for such a con?" Others would still be skeptical - because they have been taught its existence all of their life- they have studied it - they have seen photos - they know its history - they have even met someone from there.  The facts are not always easy to prove. What is the appropriate standard for every person - quite different and what is the standard for skepticism - again different for every person.  It comes back to trust. Who will I trust - what fits with my worldview - blah blah. 

You just cannot suppress your real character/s for too long can you , Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecrete?
I have no intention of suppressing my real character. I am tradesecret. I don't know reverend tradey tradesecrete. 

I'm not ONLY relying on testimonials - but the evidence of many independent reporters from many parts of history.  

You may ask - but I don't see any particular reason to tell.  

Nope, it is you that has made the claim, sunshine. Now is all you have to do is prove it.
I don't have to do anything. "perhaps" is not a claim. Or maybe it is. Hmm. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
I'm not ONLY relying on testimonials - but the evidence of many independent reporters from many parts of history.  

You may ask - but I don't see any particular reason to tell.  

No surprise there then Reverend "Tradey" Tradesecret. I wouldn't expect anything different from someone that claims all those "qualifications and accreditations".
🤣
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
Well that is a copout response. I take it you agree with me. If you don't - argue the toss. If you can?????

Somehow I think I will be waiting a very long time.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Tradesecret
Well that is a copout response. 

Which is a lot more than your own none response citing " but I don't see any particular reason to tell.  "
Tradesecret
Tradesecret
-->
@Stephen
So don't.