"the greater good"

Author: 3RU7AL

Total: 177
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
It's like asking a doctor to do brain surgery on you when he can't even do basic first aid on a paper cut.
That's a good example.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Please share your bold anti-pollution proposals.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@3RU7AL
More landfills, preferably the ones with the modern codes like rubber linings. Less recycling of most plastic, which goes straight into the ocean. 

More aggressive federal controls to prevent wildfires including clearing out accumulated deadwood and controlled burns. Privatize this job if the government is inadequate. Have lawyers oversee the privatization with broad tort powers.

All coal burners must have scrubbers. Mandatory flaring on all LNG drilling.
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
pretty much all there is to say

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Jordan Peterson can summarize in 5 minutes conclusions most can ever explain.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts

Check this Nasa video out, you won't see this on communist media.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Also, check out Gordon Ramsey explain how to effectively improve the lives of everyone in the world.

Mopac
Mopac
While I absolutely believe that we should be good to the environment, and I certainly do take personal responsibility for doing my part, I have one issue with climate change ss a political tool.

It seems to me, especially as of late, that the scare over climate is leading politicians to propose ideas that would necessitate the seizing of the economy. It leads me to believe that there are those who do  ot care so much about the environment as they do using the environment as a tool to seize power.

When it comes to vaccines, some of them contain ingredients thst are not kosher or halal, and I don't believe that Jews, Muslims, or even vegans such as myself should be required to inject pig parts into our blood.

Most of these problems are spiritual in nature. You can't promote a cultural of selfishness, pride, and hedonism and then expect this to be good for the environment. Yet that is what we are working with, and the biggest target  for this type of programming is children. The problem with this is that it crestes a situation where society is going to be overrun by the barbarians  it helped create.

billbatard
Debates: 75
billbatard
the needs of the many must out weigh the needs of the few or the one
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
Also, check out Gordon Ramsey explain how to effectively improve the lives of everyone in the world.

This is a shockingly rational contribution.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
pretty much all there is to say
More nuclear power please.

Climate Alarmism Isn't Rational
Sea levels may not be rising as quickly as anticipated.  I'm not sure this changes anything.
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
how much of the rise is due to natural and manmade land erosion?  What about the undersea volcanoes and the plates rising or shifting? 
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Greyparrot
More landfills, preferably the ones with the modern codes like rubber linings. Less recycling of most plastic, which goes straight into the ocean. 
Ok, sounds good.  Do you believe we should try to replace some single use plastic with paper, aluminum, or glass?

More aggressive federal controls to prevent wildfires including clearing out accumulated deadwood and controlled burns. Privatize this job if the government is inadequate. Have lawyers oversee the privatization with broad tort powers.
Who exactly are you expecting to sue over this?

All coal burners must have scrubbers. Mandatory flaring on all LNG drilling.
I agree.  Are you in favor or anti-pollution laws in general?
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
how much of the rise is due to natural and manmade land erosion?  What about the undersea volcanoes and the plates rising or shifting?
I'm not sure it matters what's causing it.

The “sunny day flooding,” as it’s known, is consistent enough that you can look at a calendar and a tide chart to plan a trip around it. High tides, caused by interactions between the sun, moon, Earth, and oceans, are behind the flooding. I visited during what are often the highest tides of the year, known as king tides.

Miami “is kind of the poster child for a major city in big trouble,” said Jeff Goodell, author of " The Water Will Come: Rising Seas, Sinking Cities, and the Remaking of the Civilized World."

Beyond the damage to homes, roads, or other infrastructure, the flooding also threatens drinking water and plant life. Ultimately, of course, it means large parts of the city could become permanently uninhabitable. [LINK]
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
sure that's to be expected I think, eventually everything will be underwater won't it?  We think we can hold back the Mississippi river until a storm hits and all those houses are flooded.  I don't blame climate change for that though.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
sure that's to be expected I think, eventually everything will be underwater won't it?  We think we can hold back the Mississippi river until a storm hits and all those houses are flooded.  I don't blame climate change for that though.
So we agree that sea-level-rise is a problem?

Do we also agree that global average temperatures are rising?

I'm willing to agree that there is very little if anything we can "do" about it (more nuclear power).

Do you have any preferred policy on attempting to mitigate the damage?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
So we agree that sea-level-rise is a problem?
potentially sure, currently?  not that I know of

Do we also agree that global average temperatures are rising?
that seems to be the case, though the cause, effect, solution has/is being debated.

Do you have any preferred policy on attempting to mitigate the damage?
nothing really to add that to what I've already said, cities creating green spaces, rooftop gardens etc have had success lowering the temperature which means less ac etc.  Dummyfornia painted some roads a white-ish color so the wouldn't get so hot, whatever a stronger word for stupid is, use that.
there lacks any real will to do anything, they want the government to fix it.  there's a bigger picture to look at.  I'm tired of seeing the ads on tv about "kids being at risk for going hungry" ffs get a bucked and grow some lettuce and other healthy easy to grow foods.  But nooo we couldn't expect people to do that, be responsible for their own lives, nope, we have to give them more handouts, free phones, free health care, free food, only it's not free now is it.
there were some small initiatives where people got together and created community gardens in vacant or abandoned lots, but that cuts into video game and tv time so it doesn't go to far and is probably abandoned pretty fast.
You need skin in the game as they say for anyone to really give a shit, which is why they don't and here we are.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
nothing really to add that to what I've already said, cities creating green spaces, rooftop gardens etc have had success lowering the temperature which means less ac etc.  Dummyfornia painted some roads a white-ish color so the wouldn't get so hot, whatever a stronger word for stupid is, use that.
there lacks any real will to do anything, they want the government to fix it.  there's a bigger picture to look at.  I'm tired of seeing the ads on tv about "kids being at risk for going hungry" ffs get a bucked and grow some lettuce and other healthy easy to grow foods.  But nooo we couldn't expect people to do that, be responsible for their own lives, nope, we have to give them more handouts, free phones, free health care, free food, only it's not free now is it.
there were some small initiatives where people got together and created community gardens in vacant or abandoned lots, but that cuts into video game and tv time so it doesn't go to far and is probably abandoned pretty fast.
You need skin in the game as they say for anyone to really give a shit, which is why they don't and here we are.
Would you say, "people are idiots and they deserve what they get"?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
Would you say, "people are idiots and they deserve what they get"?
a lot of people are idiots, there is some truth and utility if they do get what they deserve, discomfort can be a very good motivator.  I'm of the teach a man to fish mindset, hand up rather than hand out.
“Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.”

also applies if you use dependence instead of crime.

billbatard
Debates: 75
billbatard
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Its so sad i looked at the research of the experts it all it all points to man made global warmng climate change whatever being real and being harmful
how can you deny what it right in your face happening?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@billbatard
and?  ask G.P. asked, what's the plan to "fix it"?  Is it actually harmful?  Can you point to a direct negative effect it is having right now?  didn't think so.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Yikes.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@billbatard
Its so sad i looked at the research of the experts it all it all points to man made global warmng climate change whatever being real and being harmful
how can you deny what it right in your face happening?
Right, so man-made carbon levels started spiking around 1890 with the dawn of the industrial revolution and we've been pumping the gas for 129 years now.

So how exactly are we supposed to stop this freight train?
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@3RU7AL
it really hits the nail on the head doesn't it.  that would explain the harsh penalties for non violent crime and the little to no reform....ever.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@3RU7AL
A miracle AKA global change which is unlikely to occur.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@TheRealNihilist
A miracle AKA global change which is unlikely to occur.
We'll do what we've always done.  Wait for catastrophe and then do the exact same thing all over again.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@3RU7AL
We'll do what we've always done.  Wait for catastrophe and then do the exact same thing all over again.
Catastrophes that are more recent, tend to be more dangerous given the technological advancements.