Author: bsh1

Archived
Read-only
Total: 137
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Aloha, DART!

I just wanted to update everyone on the approaching DART Hall of Fame induction process. This process will unfold in two stages, and will take one week to complete.

On or about the 14th of October, I will post a thread soliciting nominations from the usership in each of the three award categories (users, debates, and threads). Any user will be able to submit up to three nominees in each category for a maximum of 9 nominations per user. Nominators may choose to nominate less than the maximum number if they choose. The nominating window will close on or about the 17th of October. The nominees with the most nominations (approx. 4-6 per category) will advance to the second stage of the process. There are no formal criteria for determining who/what can be nominated; however, if I conclude that a nomination is wholly and blatantly incongruous with the purpose of the HOF (that purpose being to highlight good, notable, and/or consequential inductees), I reserve the right to withhold forwarding that nomination to the second stage of the process.

On or about the 18th of October, I will post a thread soliciting votes from the usership on the finalist nominees in each of the three award categories (users, debates, and threads). Any user will be able to vote for up to three nominees in each category for a maximum of 9 votes per user. Voters may choose to vote less than the maximum number if they choose. The voting window will close on or about the 20th of October. Those nominees with the most votes (3 per category) will be inducted into the DART Hall of Fame. In the event of a tie preventing exactly 3 inductions per category, the voting window will be extended for just those nominees who/which are tied. Those inducted will be formally honored with entries in the Hall of Fame thread. Those entries will be posted within 2 months of the voting period closing.

There are no prerequisites or eligibility requirements for users to participate in the Hall of Fame nominating or voting processes, except that they have an account on DART and are not voting/nominating from more than one account. Importantly, coordinating votes or launching campaigns for induction are prohibited. This process is about awarding those with merit or importance, and not about awarding those who can cajole the most voters. Violating these rules will be a moderatable offense. Also, more exact start and end times will be made clear in the threads in question, to ensure there is no ambiguity as to when the processes begin and conclude. Please be sure to check these times.

I am posting this update now to (a) brief you on the process, (b) give notice about the restrictions placed on campaigning and vote coordinating/rigging, and (c) give you time to consider who/what you would like to nominate, come October the 14th. Hopefully this update has been informative. Thank you!

-Bsh1, Chief Moderator
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Fame is a drug.
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
I am even thinking about implementing a small section on the website dedicated specifically for that, shouldn't be difficult if I manage to come up with some design :/
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Let more drama begin
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
I hope that it will not. The blanket prohibition on campaigning may help.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@RationalMadman
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@bsh1
But a bunch of nerds making some forums mean something is what makes DDO/DART special, good drama or bad.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Drama is the spice of life, I suppose.

But as a mod, I am kind of like the teacher in a classroom. It's my job to ensure things don't get out of control.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
I fully expect to win all three thread slots, the only question is which three installments of the pirate story are the best 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
if I conclude that a nomination is wholly and blatantly incongruous with the purpose of the HOF (that purpose being to highlight good, notable, and/or consequential inductees), I reserve the right to withhold forwarding that nomination to the second stage of the process.

That seems like some bullshut just to keep people you hold a personal grudge against out.
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@DebateArt.com
That would be fantastic.
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@bsh1
I can't believe it's time for the HoF already. Sheesh. Time really does fly! 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Vader
Hall of Fame stuff back on DDO was 95% less dramatic then any presidential election on DDO ever, and 95% less drama might be lowballing it 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
That seems like some bullshut just to keep people you hold a personal grudge against out.

I imagine bsh1 singing dark horse into his mirror at least twice a week.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@David
I can't believe it's time for the HoF already. Sheesh. Time really does fly! 
+1
Vader
Vader
-->
@bsh1
lol
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vader
Eh, I do what little I can...
TheHammer
TheHammer
Importantly, coordinating votes or launching campaigns for induction are prohibited
Guys, please take this seriously. Bsh is not airmax. If he even suspects you of doing this, he will go through your PMs to prove it. Stay safe, everyone.

Vader
Vader
-->
@Imabench
The last one I remember was drama plagued
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheHammer
As Mike will no doubt confirm, I do not have the power to view users' PMs. The community voiced opposition to granting moderation such authority, and that opposition has been respected.
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
Yeah, nobody can read private messages, there is not even interface for that :/ 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@DebateArt.com

Vader
Vader
-->
@thett3
⣤⣿⣿⠶⠀⠀⣀⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣶⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⣀⣶⣤⣤⠿⠶⠿⠿⠿⣿⣿⣿⣉⣿⣿
⠿⣉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⣤⣿⣿⣿⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⣿⣿⣿⣿⣶⣤
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣿⣿⣿⣿⠿⣛⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠛⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣶⣿⣿⠿⠀⣿⣿⣿⠛
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠿⠿⣿⠀⠀⣿⣶
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠛⠀⠀⣿⣿⣶
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⣿⣿⠤
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠿⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣶⣿

thett3
thett3
-->
@Vader
What does this mean? 
thett3
thett3
Bsh says you can’t campaign for HOF but he’s campaiging for me by not allowing me to ask people not to vote for me 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@thett3
I think it's meant to be someone like this: 

but if you take the back leg to be something else, and the person leaning against a wall, it's quite a different image.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@thett3
lol. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@thett3
default dance

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
-->
@bsh1
Will there be any justification needed for nominations? 

IE: will “I nominate Bsh1s left testicle” be okay, or “I nominate Bsh1s left testicle, for its contribution to inner leg chafing due to rougher hue and slightly lower hanging”.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Ramshutu
No justification is needed, lol. You may provide one if you'd like, however.