Hall of Fame upcoming

Author: bsh1

Archived
Read-only
Total: 137
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Or just vote for people BSH1 doesn't like, like RM to prove bsh1s corruption when he removes the nomination,  not that any more proof is necessary 
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
About 5-7 days until the first stage is launched.
David
Debates: 92
David
-->
@bsh1
About 5-7 days until the first stage is launched.

Hype!!!!!
y
p
e
bsh1
bsh1
To clarify, there is a very specific threshold that a nomination must meet in order to not be forwarded to the second stage; namely, that the nomination is "wholly and blatantly incongruous with the purpose of the HOF (that purpose being to highlight good, notable, and/or consequential inductees)."

Importantly, the HOF is not simply about awarding entries of high quality, but also about recognizing entries who, for better or worse, have had a significant impact on the site. "Notable" and "consequential" are not value-laden terms. One can be "notable" or "consequential" while still being unpopular, disfavored, deleterious, harmful, etc. To that end, I will not be withholding nominees simply because I dislike them or find them to have had a negative impact on the site. On DDO, Izbo certainly deserved to be in the HOF, despite the fact that his impact on DDO was, in my judgment, clearly negative.

The kind of nominee I most likely imagine myself withholding is a troll nominee. For example, nominating a debate for recognition in the HOF which was (a) a full forfeit without any comments or votes and (b) generated zero interest, dialogue, or attention on the site as a whole. This kind of nominee is neither good (i.e. high-quality, praiseworthy, exemplary) nor notable (i.e. heeded, high-profile, dialogue-provoking) nor consequential (i.e. significant, momentous, site-altering). 

Additionally, any nominee that is withheld must be "wholly and blatantly incongruous with the purpose of the HOF." This is quite a high bar to meet. It means that I can have absolutely no reasonable doubt in my mind as to whether the nominee should be withheld. Such a nominee should clearly strike the average person, thinking rationally and honestly, as neither good nor notable nor consequential. I will therefore not be withholding nominees lightly. Any such decision will be carefully considered, and gravely undertaken.

Also, voters in the nominating process may explain/justify their votes, and if there is a compelling justification for why a nominee ought not be withheld, that is something I will naturally consider in any decision regarding whether to forward a nominee. And, of course, if voters disagree with any of my decisions--including decisions to withhold or to forward a nominee--they may express those disagreements using their free speech rights. 

Hopefully, this post will clarify what I meant, generally speaking, when I included the forwarding threshold in the OP of this thread. I anticipate that this post itself may generate some (perhaps heated) debate. That's fine and as it should be. But I felt that it was important to disambiguate the content of that particular passage so that expectations could be properly formed moving into the start of the HOF induction process. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@David
Hype!!!!!
y
p
e

+1
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Hyperventalating
Yak's
Pee
Easily
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
Why not just do like any election. Take any risk of bias or cheating out of it by deciding not to just take dictatorial powers. The dangers of which may come from somebody who follows in your position. Take trust out of it, with a robotic and formulaic approach. That's the way a good person would do it anyway? 

Wylted
Wylted
Also thanks for stating we are allowed to Express disagreement when you cheat to get who you want in just like you did in DDO's final election
Wylted
Wylted
If you abuse this tiny bit of power, just imagine if you accomplish any real standing in life. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
I am well aware that my standing could take a hit if it is perceived that I am being too heavy-handed in my approach to the HOF. But I think it is important that the HOF process be insulated in some small way from trolling.

I believe I have made it perfectly clear that a very wide array of nominees will be accepted and forwarded, and it is my sincere hope that this assurance should alleviate most concerns regarding potential heavy-handedness on my part.

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
Guys, if Bsh1 abuses his power, complain then.

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
@PressF4Respect
B.R.T.,
If elected, will you be throwing the others in prison as some of your supporters demand, or will they possibly become part of your cabinet?
This is indeed a contentious issue which everyone has very strong opinions on. Everyone is taking a side, and I want to make it quite clear that BRT is on the side of the people. he is on your side.

BRT:
What is your campaign slogan?
Our working slogan is "Vote the right side, because we're on your side."

Totally didn't just make that up off the top of my head based on the answer to the last question. Totally had a slogan ready and prepared like a responsible campaign manager. Yup.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Barney
He has already proven he is scummy and will do so. He manipulated the results of the last DDO hall of fame by doing so. It's also stupid to wait until somebody becomes corrupt to complain, you make them impotent by taking away any ability they have to even be corrupt by handcuffing their actions when they are in positions of authority. 

Barney
Barney
-->
@Wylted
He manipulated the results of the last DDO hall of fame
I admit to not remembering the last DDO HoF, but have enough faith in humanity to assume he has grown in the years since.

It's also stupid to wait until somebody becomes corrupt to complain
To launch a protest against their corruption, them first acting corrupt seems a necessity to not be mistaken for the boy who cried wolf.

handcuffing their actions when they are in positions of authority
No comment.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
BRT is on the side of the people. he is on your side.
That is one of the best politician answers I have seen. 

"Vote the right side, because we're on your side."
Don't forget that we need to be on the Right side of history!
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
That is one of the best politician answers I have seen.

I confess that I stole it from a TV show that I watch a lot. One of the characters was running for governor and gave responses like that to questions at a press conference.
bsh1
bsh1
Final bump! About 3-5 days until the first stage is launched.