-->
@Imabench
Clearly not. =)
SamStevens
Debates: 0
SamStevens
-->
@Imabench
The fact that you genuinely believe Anne Frank is blind, and then try to make other people seem stupid for not believing it, is an undeniable testament to how utterly retarded you really are. You literally have no idea what it is you talk about anymore XD

Remember, you are talking to someone who has spent the majority of his time on DDO residing in the religious forum trying to convince others of his bullshit. He can't even speak accurately about a pretty well-known person, Anne Frank, without embarrassing and showing himself to be pretty ignorant. The fact that he doubled down on his claim of her being blind and completely miss understood your Anne Frank drum set reference goes to show who/what you are dealing with. 
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@ocean
Just like a liberal, you think others are obligated to answer your questions, but you can dodge questions put to you.

When you figure out why you asked, you will have your answer.

The strings are just fashion.
Yes, they actually are.
If you say so sock. You seem to think its more interest I on to me than it is.

In addition, I feel obliged to clarify that she was not blind.
You feel obligated? Between this obligation and the hand up your sock, you're full of obligations eh?

But why you imagine this would be important to me is a mystery. I am not one of the lemmings who hold your puppeteer as "beloved".
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@SamStevens
Well,

I guess that means our loser was wrong when he called himself a moron troll.

Anne Frank was not blind, so the loser is not a troll. Seems logical.

You guys can't move the spotlight off the loser's trolldom. No one cares how much you hate theists. We only care about your behavior.

Tell the damsel fair that you are white knighting to stop being a troll, or you will become a full time knight.

I wonder how many cats you have.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Imabench
It funny how many times some moron troll has done this. After he sees that he can't anger you with lame insults, he has nothing to do but retreat to lame repetition.

When you saw me and Stephen minding our own business, and your troll Jones struck you, you didn't think you'd be reduced to this did you?

...then you can talk to me, 
I don't want to talk to you troll
dumbass
I only wish to report you.
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@SamStevens
Ikr? 
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
It is a shame, but also very amusing to point out, that my attempt to stop the flamewars actually elicited multiple flamewars. Oops.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@blamonkey
It is a shame, but also very amusing to point out, that my attempt to stop the flamewars actually elicited multiple flamewars. Oops.      
Yeah it's ironic haha
SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@blamonkey
lolol
DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@ethang5
@Imabench
You both deserve each other in my opinion and before this insults competition, you both had been rather decent. I don't know what happened. So how about you just block each other and stop all this shit in all the threads where it happened. Just ignore each other and stop acting like you are 10 years olds. Most likely you don't give a damn about each other's opinion so all those insults have no point. 

Also I have some person in mind who's gonna be appointed a mod in 1-2 weeks (need to finish some stuff first) and I have a feeling he or she is going to be way less flexible than I am, especially when we publish the list of official rules and it may get you in trouble, so please, just be decent.

Nobody would enjoy this website turning into a shithole, let's keep it being a safe haven for people of intelligence and dignity.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@DebateArt.com
Cool. If it stops trolls from thinking it's their "work" to insult others out of the blue, I'm for it.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@DebateArt.com
 I have some person in mind who's gonna be appointed a mod in 1-2 weeks
Are we allowed to create a DDO gambling ring where people can bet who the next mod will be? 

Im asking for..... me
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Castin
People rarely notice said bias even after they've done it

Also, something kinda weird: We can have a math problem placed in front of us with a simple solution, but if said solution involves our political beliefs, we will answer according to our belief.

The example my prof used was a test to see if a type of face cream cured acne, and showed numbers for either side. The test subjects answered mostly correctly. However, when they changed the title from face cream to crimes in countries with/without gun control, people answered according to how they viewed gun control
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vaarka
Could it not be that they know people have more reason to misstate gun control stats than face creme stats?

That is, the more incentive to manipulate the stats, the less people will be willing to take the stats at face value.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Vaarka
Could it not be that they know people have more reason to misstate gun control stats than face creme stats?

That is, the more incentive to manipulate the stats, the less people will be willing to take the stats at face value.

DebateArt.com
DebateArt.com
-->
@Imabench
Are we allowed to create a DDO gambling ring where people can bet who the next mod will be? 

Im asking for..... me
If you want to, go ahead, just create a separate topic for that.

I am sorry but it ain't gonna be you haha
ethang5
ethang5
What? No way! Color me shocked.

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@DebateArt.com
Aww, but why? Name one thing I've done that hasn't made me a model citizen of this place
Castin
Castin
-->
@Imabench
This is very true, bench is barely distinguishable from Gandhi.
Castin
Castin
-->
@ocean
A friend recommended that I use it. 
Cool, is your friend from DDO?

ocean
ocean
-->
@Castin
They have an account on DDO, but they never discussed the site with me and I have no inclination to join it after what I have read here. I told this friend that I am interested in online debating, and they advised that I review DebateArt.

At present, I am mostly becoming acquainted with other users and fathoming how things work. 

ethang5
ethang5
Lol
Vaarka
Vaarka
How drama and flame works

User 1: "Hey I posted an interesting topic that I think you guys would enjoy partaking in."

User 2: "Hey User 1 posted a new topic. Let's attack their character."
Bundy
Bundy
-->
@Vaarka
The correct word here would be “participate”, not “partake”. 
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Bundy
thanks ;3
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Bundy
The correct word here would be “participate”, not “partake”.
participate does not capture the ritualistic nature of the rites we perform here. I like partake. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@ocean
They have an account on DDO, but they never discussed the site with me and I have no inclination to join it after what I have read here. I told this friend that I am interested in online debating, and they advised that I review DebateArt.

At present, I am mostly becoming acquainted with other users and fathoming how things work. 
I see. A belated welcome to the site. We need new members.

Kind of an awkward question, but why was one of the first things you did to jump into the middle of a personal flamewar between two people who are strangers to you? I know you said you've been lurking and following flamewars, but it's not exactly what I'd expect a newbie to do. Couldn't resist the drama? No one ever said flamewars are boring.