applying knowledge

Author: crossed

Total: 137
secularmerlin
Debates: 0
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
If i ripped seeds from an apple and shoved them in the ground and a tree appeared. I could easily prove a tree came from an apple and the apple came from a tree. 
Ok then all you have to do is get some god(s) seeds because thus far you have demonstrated no such process in regards to any god(s).

crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
The point was you can prove an  object or being that you can not see exist. by looking at objects that do exist and have tie's to said object
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
If you feel we are getting off topic perhaps it is because you have chosen a poor analogy. I certainly feel that is the case since your analogies are all trying to compare known and demonstrable agents with an unknown and undemonstrable one.
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
The point was you can prove an  object or being that you can not see exist. by looking at objects that do exist and have tie's to said object
Yes but what you have failed to show is any tie between any god(s) and the observable universe.

crossed
crossed
dogs have more fur during the winter.

•    Winter will be x
  •   more fur will be y
God created animals with y  to help with x

Dogs shed fur during the summer

• summer will be x
  • shedding fur will be y
God created dogs with y trait to help with x

Female dogs have nipples that  puppies drink milk from.

• milk producing parts will be x
  • puppy need milk will be y
God created dog with x to help with y

Cat have parasites inside of them that can brainwash mice into loving the cat. Thus making cat job of hunting mice easier. This parasite only grows when cats need it. Indoor kitty's do not get it

• cats mice parasite will be y
  • cats needing to eat mice will be x
God created y to help with x

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
Now you are just repeating yourself. I will say it again. Dogs and snow are evidence for dogs and snow not god(s). You have not demonstrated any relationship between any of your examples and any god(s) you have only asserted your opinion that there is one. 

crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
God had knowledge that dogs would be cold during the winter. So the reason why dogs are designed to grow a winter coat. Is because god had foreknowledge.
crossed
crossed
My foot was specifically designed to keep me balanced.Do you know why you have a big toe. it is so we do not fall over. It keeps us perfectly balanced.

The hallux plays a key role within dynamic and static activities. For example, without a correctly functioning hallux, static balance is compromised, as seen in an experiment using a specially designed splint to restrict the function of the hallux.1 During movement, this becomes more pronounced and more dangerous if one doesn’t possess adequate foot structure or strength.

God created the big toe with the function of balancing and proportionately dividing the weight of my body

• x will be balancing
  • y will be big toe balances me
God created y So my body can do x

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
God had knowledge that dogs would be cold during the winter. So the reason why dogs are designed to grow a winter coat. Is because god had foreknowledge.
This ^^ is a claim. You continue to mistake your claim for evidence of your claim. Look I've said ok nce that we don't seem to he going anywhere and you insisted that you did understand but here we are back at exactly the same place in our conversation with you not even understanding why your claim does not also count as evidence of your claim.
crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
this  should be a claim  if your logic is correct

My example

My plants have been brought in for the winter time. My mom must have done it because she has knowledge that plants die in the winter.

Is it likely to be wrong. I examined the evidence. Being plants brought inside and winter kills plants and formed a reasonable conclusion.

Dogs grow more fur during the winter. God must have designed them that way so they do not get cold.

Is it likely to be wrong. I examined the evidence. Dogs grow more fur during winter. Winter is cold and fur keeps dogs warm and formed a reasonable conclusion.

I formed a conclusion that explains the  evidence

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
Correct this is just a claim not evidence of any claim.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
I formed a conclusion that explains the  evidence
You have put forward a hypothesis. Now the hypothesis must be tested. How would you go about testing this hypothesis? If it cannot be tested it is a poor hypothesis. 

crossed
crossed
This claim is based off evidence.

crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
That is not true. A good hypothesis does not need to be tested for it to be good.Because some hypothesis can not be tested.

I put my cookies in the cupboard. One person is at home at the time. I come home cookies are gone. Who do i claim did it and how do i test it.

Billbatard makes an alt account called billsand. same information in profile.How do we prove it is him. How do we test the hypothesis that billsand is billbatard
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
An untestable hypothesis is a poor hypothesis.

Cookies can be demonstrated. Billbatard is demonstrable. Please stop comparing something which we have no direct evidence for with things that we have direct evidence of. 

crossed
crossed
How do we test my cookies being stolen. how do we prove billsand is billbatard
crossed
crossed
We has the evidence
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. In either case we could at least suggest an experiment because our subjects (cookies/posters) are real observable things that exist and can be interacted with and photographed. No god(s) ever proposed to me can be interacted with or photographed in any independently verifiable way. This makes testing hypotheses concerning god(s) untestable.
crossed
crossed
You said hypothesis is only good if you can test it And i brought up good hypothesis exaples that can not be tested.
crossed
crossed
In all examples they can not be tested. Even if i trick my family member into stealing another cookie. it does not mean she ate the first one's.
Billlatard has no reason to log into billsand so even if we somehow knew where he lived we could not stalk him. All these good hypothesis can not be tested

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
Then they are not good hypotheses. Good hypotheses can be tested.
crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
I put my cookies in the cupboard. One person is at home at the time. I come home cookies are gone. Who do i claim did it and how do i test it. obviously the one at home took it

Billbatard makes an alt account called billsand. same information in profile and same debates.How do we prove it is him. How do we test the hypothesis that billsand is billbatard

i don't think my hypothesis is wrong

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
I put my cookies in the cupboard. One person is at home at the time. I come home cookies are gone. Who do i claim did it and how do i test it. obviously the one at home took it
If you are discussing something you have priori knowledge of (like that someone is in the house) then it is a bad example. When it comes to god(s) we do not know if anyone is home or even if anyone lives there.

crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
This seems like a good place to stop.I will not rebuttal this. Because i have the other one and this does not discredit my theory in anyway.I am tired of doing this.So i will end it here. I hope you have a good rest of your day. Thank you for the conversation
secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
To be fair I told you that we were going nowhere many posts ago. You do not understand the flaw in your argument and you don't seem interested in improving it so good day indeed.
crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
Your post is screaming a rebuttal from me. But i will not waste my time with statements with no evidence.

You do not understand the flaw in your argument and you don't seem interested in improving

Be glad i am ending it here. Hopefully no hard feeling's

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
You actually never started but sure.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@crossed
Be glad i am ending it here. Hopefully no hard feeling's

There can't be a God if you are not willing to defend it.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@secularmerlin
You actually never started but sure.

There must be a God if you let a believer get away.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Harikrish
I see what your doing. I left with none of my point disproven.