warren42
-->
@Speedrace
I mean, what are you supposed to tell us
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
I was, quite obviously, wrong.

Still don't think that Wylted and I had a bad train of thought. Again, wrong obviously, but not bad.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
I said it in the discord which I did send a link for, and in my defense bsh never sent me my teammates when I was mafia in Celebrity Mafia
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@warren42
The drafter/parrot combo is no match for the W brothers.

Hulk smash.
Speedrace
Speedrace
Lol
warren42
warren42
-->
@Speedrace
Right. After you explained it I'm not surprised, it makes sense, but my point was if you had told him you'd still be telling us he wasn't confirmed, right?
warren42
warren42
-->
@Greyparrot
You took everything from me
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Only natural that the Hulk take out Thor.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@warren42
Right. After you explained it I'm not surprised, it makes sense, but my point was if you had told him you'd still be telling us he wasn't confirmed, right?
Well, no. If he had told me the scum team, he wouldn't have let me back in period.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
 No, if I had told him, I wouldn't have let him come back in the first place

warren42
warren42
-->
@drafterman
He shouldn't have, but with mistakes he'd made already it wouldn't have surprised me.

(All in you still did a good job for your first time, speed)
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
You took everything from me
NICE
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
Well, no. If he had told me the scum team, he wouldn't have let me back in period.
+1
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@warren42
He shouldn't have, but with mistakes he'd made already it wouldn't have surprised me.
But at that point you're just selectively choosing which mistake you think the mod made. Either he let me come back in as scum because I already knew the scum team, confirming me as scum (mistake) or he let me come back in as town knowing the scum team (mistake).

Once you're at a point where you think the mod is lying to you to cover up mistakes, then you can choose any possible mistake and argue that's the case.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
Exactly. The most plausible outcome was the obvious one. Occam's razor.
I asked an extremely carefully worded question to the mod during the DP, and Speed's answer made it clear that he wasn't going to tolerate cheese moves.

Drafter also said the same exact thing.

At that point I said anyone voting Drafter was going in my scumpile. Warren thought this was an empty threat.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
I have to say that after warren's flip I did FOS a bit. Then again, I always reserve a little FOS just for you, because you can be hard to read some times.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@drafterman
That's so silly. I consistently play straight
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Greyparrot
(≖_≖ )

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
I’m surprised Supa wasn’t lynched after he was outted lol
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@ILikePie5
That's Warren's fault for driving the wrong train,
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@Greyparrot
@warren42
@oromagi
@A-R-O-S-E
A little of my day one analysis from the scum group chat (I think we're allowed to copy/paste things now):
So tactics...
Arose: I don't trust killing the encrypted person (pretty sure there's a role with the mission of dying!).
Oro: The most active player, I feel like the game would be less fun with them removed (tactically we should, but just tactics are not the whole point).
Warren: Pretty sure they're Black Widow, so them staying alive helps my cover (if they don't investigate me).
Grey: Claims to be Aunt May with a useless power. Things could change over the next day or so, but this is who I am leaning towards murdering.
I would make different analyses now. However, I'll definitely stand by being hesitant to kill the most enjoyable people to play with too early; I can imagine winning against AFKs, but that doesn't sound like a victory to me any more than were I to accept the dozen open Bill debates for free wins.

Also oromagi and Greyparrot: I genuinely did enjoy being in a team with you all hunting the scum; and am quite glad we got the worst of them before we died. What do you each think of the idea of including more links in the updating player list? Such as "verified by X" linking what post verified someone.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@drafterman
Okay, this reads like you were upset you weren't being listened to, so you YOLO'd out of the game. That's fine. That's a reason. It's not a good reason. It's not good play, but it's understandable. And that's fine. But don't act like it was some master move in 10D hyper-chess.
I was outed in the DP2 most likely so at that point of time, YOLO was the best thing to do. I predicted being lynched in DP3/4, so a YOLO payed off in the end. I didn't call it a master move because the mafia didn't win. i tried my best with my situation i had

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@drafterman
I really don't get into that kind of meta game. The ideal is for people to always appear to be pro-town, a consequence of which is that their scum play is indistinguishable from their town play (the alternative is that their scum and town play are indistinguishable, but it's all anti-town, which is just stupid).
Ahhh there is where you're wrong. Indistinguishable behavior can not give players good at reading behaviors like oro a chance to lynch based off of that alone. It comes down to a mix of indistinguishably and smart claims. For the most part of DP1 and slight DP2, I was town read because my behavior was not scummy at all and mimmicked my town philosophy, which is a mix of Wylted's and my own philosophy. I messed up claims and that cost me 
My point with that question was that, if your scum and town play aren't different, then telling us what your Town play is is pointless, because then it's also your Scum play. It would only be relevant if you played differently as Town and Scum, which would still be irrelevant because the whole point of improving in this game is to improve your play so you eliminate such tells.
My scum gambit plays vs my town gambit plays are drastically different. Scum gambits are used to lie and deceive and cause a distraction. TUF(Lunatic) said to disinterest town and force VTNL or mislynches for townies. When my claims did not go well at all and my claims being countered, then I decided to go to distraction phase.
* - Coda

Yes, your claim is really the root-cause analysis here. Firstly, there was no need to fake claim anything. The only person that really needed to fake claim was Ragnar and he had the best claim you could have in that situation. Neither you nor Cog had to fake claim anything (other than your affiliation, of course).
Fair enough. My role could have flipped as town, but I did not know this. i have NEVER seen these roles before. i started forum mafia in 2017. and took a break from 2018-2019, so I am in all sense a noob
Then, having decided you needed to fake claim, you choose PGO, an inherently scummy fake claim. In my day, PGO was always regarded as a scum claim because it was seen as an attempt to divert night actions away from a player. "No, don't investigate me, you'll DIE!!" It was so scummy that it was almost to the point of being policy lynch material. Get rid of the non-confirmable player early so we don't have to worry about them.
All the claims had been taken, and I chose one at random. I don't think PGO is scummy at all and I said my variant was limiting. That is a scum tell and I should have caught it. It wasn't right to go PGO, because after excuse and excuse it piled up
PGO is a bluff. It's a bluff because you get called out the second anyone suspects you enough to risk it.

You bluffed with a shaky, unnecessary claim and got called out on it. And your response was to generate negative attention on yourself with *jazz hands* "DISTRACTION"
I knew I was done, read above. Distracting town to force a mislynch to take pressure off Ragnar and on me was key for him to be stealth and win
The second you got called out on not being a PGO, you were dead. All your "DISTRACTION" did was delay it by a day. And if you want some credit, yes, you got a mislynch out of the deal. You earned a Town death you wouldn't have otherwise have gotten if you just rolled over and died. It didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, but you did get that for your team.
I know, but that is what scum should do in that situation, agreed?

I know I messed up with claim, but exactly what I did in distractions worked...

Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@drafterman
@oromagi
What was the point of having us all do "I win with the town" DP2?
I'll answer that for him...

I think that was DP3, but anyway it was a mass lie detector test. Since people knew I used a lie detector for Oro previously, scum would delay answering it (or bury their answer in a wall of text... One person did that a later day when the risk was gone, which was kinda funny). Granted the only valid scum play there is just to roll the dice and do it, relying on the limited number of devices available. Plus, I accurately predicted a repeat of that device was not assured (had I known the three day limit on devices, or that lie detectors could not repeat, Oro would not have been killed... so good play there getting us to use a valuable NK on a vanilla).
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Vader
Ahhh there is where you're wrong.
lol okay.

For the most part of DP1 and slight DP2, I was town read because my behavior was not scummy at all and mimmicked my town philosophy, which is a mix of Wylted's and my own philosophy.
Dude, I literally posted everyone's reads of you DP1 and DP2. Only a single person legitimately town read you, for like five seconds. I posted links. You can refute them or provide your own links. I'm doing the leg work to actually show you evidence and you're like "no u." Otherwise you can drop this notion that you were significantly town read, especially beyond DP1.

My scum gambit plays vs my town gambit plays are drastically different.
Sorry, I was going off of you saying that your town play and scum play are the same. Now you're saying they're different. Either way, it's irrelevant. Your play, this game, was objectively scummy.

Fair enough. My role could have flipped as town, but I did not know this. i have NEVER seen these roles before. i started forum mafia in 2017. and took a break from 2018-2019, so I am in all sense a noob
Yeah. I know. That's why I'm trying to help you. I started forum mafia in 2012. I've taken a break here and there, but I have a bit of experience. And your "role" would't flip town. That makes no sense. Town/mafia is your affiliation. Your role was ascetic (that you claimed PGO). But you don't have to be experience to know this. The mod literally said in the first post of the game that there was no thematic split among the players. So neither character nor role was an indication of affiliation.

I don't think PGO is scummy at all
Any claim that can't be verified without someone risking their life is a scummy claim. I shouldn't have to explain why.

Distracting town to force a mislynch to take pressure off Ragnar and on me was key for him to be stealth and win
He didn't have any pressure on him. Even in the last DP it was a numbers game.

I know, but that is what scum should do in that situation, agreed?
I already gave you credit for squeezing out a mislynch when your days were numbered. Was that the optimal play? I can't say. It might have been better to claim that warren was redirected or something, or perhaps that warren was roleblocked. Knowing that CCing warren and making it you v. him ultimately gets you killed, a strategy that keeps you alive and misdirects town is objectively better.

I know I messed up with claim, but exactly what I did in distractions worked...
You keep saying it "worked" without explaining what the goal here. Was the goal just to get warren lynched? Congratulations, you got warren lynched, thereby signing your own death certificate. You engaged in a 1-for-1 trade which mathematically hurts your team and should be avoided. If that was your goal, then yes, it "worked."
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
Wow, gg. Mafia played insane.
Mharman
Debates: 23
Mharman
I was grounded by my parents for part of this game.
Mharman
Mharman
I did try to roleblock Supa one DP
Mharman
Mharman
Town won btw