Author: bsh1 ,

Read-only
Total: 91
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Hall of Fame I

Voting Stage Rules

Welcome to DART's first official Hall of Fame induction process! This thread is for the second stage of that process, namely, the voting stage. During this stage, users (you) may vote for nominees in three categories (users, threads, debates) for inclusion in the Hall of Fame. The three nominees with the most votes in each category will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Any user will be able to vote for up to three nominees per category for a maximum of 9 votes per voting user. Voters may choose to vote for less than the maximum number if they choose. You may vote for any of the nominees who have advanced out of the nomination stage. The voting process will close at 12:30am, EST, on 10/18/19. Votes cast after the close of the process will not be considered.

When you vote, you are permitted to offer a brief justification for, explanation of, or reason for your vote. Any such justification, explanation, or reason must be confined to the same post in which you made the vote. Please also bold your votes to make them more visible. You may only change one vote per category, and that vote may be changed only once.

Those nominees with the most votes (3 per category) will be inducted into the DART Hall of Fame. In the event of a tie preventing exactly 3 inductions per category, the voting window will be extended for just those nominees who/which are tied. Those inducted will be formally honored with entries in the Hall of Fame thread. Those entries will be posted within 2 months of the voting period closing.

There are no prerequisites or eligibility requirements for users to participate in the Hall of Fame nominating process, except that they have an account on DART and are not voting/nominating from more than one account. Importantly, coordinating votes or launching campaigns for induction are prohibited. Violating these rules will be a moderatable offense. Other violations of the COC (e.g. personal attacks) committed in this thread will be treated severely.

The Nominees

For Users:

For Debates:

For Threads:

Let's Begin!

With all that said, let the voting process begin! If you have questions, feel free to ask. Good luck all the nominees and best wishes on a fantastic Hall of Fame process. This is a wonderful site and community, and there is so much greatness out there to recognize! I look forward to honoring those contributions and users who have made this site what it is!

SupaDudz
Debates: 30
SupaDudz
People

RationalMadman- A member on the site that has stirred up the most activity, he is a man that is well deserving of his spot. His controversial spotlights and his overall contribution to the site has made in a member worth putting in the HoF

oromagi- Left winged and a bright individual, oromagi uses literature and terminology to be the leader of the site on debate. Not phased by any challenger of sorts, his strategy and logic based reasoning wins him a lot of debates, and pronounces himself the King of the Hill as of now

Virtuoso- Virtuoso hangs out behind bsh, but is equally a valued and chill member of the community. With his great presence on discord, his charming personality, and his great artistic talent, he is someone that is very much underappreciated in the community
SupaDudz
Debates: 30
SupaDudz
Threads

RM's Goodbye- A strong that despite the differences in the opinions, we all unite with each other

HOF Upcoming- Proof that the community can band together as well to discuss the events of bsh's testicles, TEST TESTICLE FOR LIFE

RM Profile Pic Vending Machine- I vote this because at the time, it was a war between me and RM on who was the better PFP maker, with RM doing quality edits, while I just made memes.
Trent0405
Debates: 32
Trent0405
Users----------

Ramshutu-Already justified the decision previously.

Rational Madman-Already justified the decision previously.

Oromagi-Oro has claimed the #1 spot on the debating leaderboards, an accomplishment only a small sum of users can claim to have achieved. Not only this, but he is undefeated after a staggering 41 debates. He opts to debate risky fringe topics regularly as well, diversifying intellectual exchanges that take place on Debate Art.  His contributions to the sites through voting should not be ignored. Well over 100 votes is nothing to sneeze at, he maintains a proficient vote quality as well. He conducts himself well and acts as a solid role model and representative of the website. As a result, Oro is one of the few users to earn my vote.

Threads----------

Title-Goodbye

Title-Hall of Fame Upcoming

Title-Minimum Wage

Debates----------

Title-Firing Squad is the best Form of Capital Punishment

Title-This House as Israel would end Compulsory Military Service 

oromagi
Debates: 99
oromagi

RationalMadman
Debates: 352
RationalMadman
--> @bsh1
Threads
Goodbye

I will think on the other 2 categories, especially as it appears people are voting for people they didn't before and vice versa.

A definite debate vote will be this: Firing Squad is the best form of capital punishment

I cannot come up with which 2 others I specifically want as I do not want to waste a single vote here and while I do vote with my heart, I also vote with my head in that I want my vote to end up influencing who wins or not.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
--> @bsh1
Please make a notification for everyone again, many 'noobies' or 'casuals' voted in the last one purely due to that site-wide notification for the thread.
bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 2
Ram - 2
Virt - 2
Oro - 2
Supa - 0
Mike - 1

Debates

Firing Squad - 3
Jury Nullification - 1
Israeli Conscription - 1
Fetuses for USD - 1
Animal Experiment - 0
Rap Battle - 0

Threads

Goodbye - 3
HOF Upcoming - 2
Vending Machine - 4
HOF Nominations - 0
Minimum Wage - 3
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I have now essentially played out every scenario of this in my head and bear in mind that I can change my vote later, one per category, so this is my vote for users and debates:

Users
RationalMadman
Virtuoso
Ramshutu

AvoidDeath
Debates: 11
AvoidDeath
--> @bsh1
Users
RM
oromagi
Virtuoso

Threads
Goodbye
HOF Upcoming

Debates
Firing squad
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
For Users:

Ramshutu: Remember him from that one time followed by many others he stepped into the politics forum. Gave me a sanity check that I wasn't the only one to see Greyparrot's conspiracy theories as what they are. I think TheDriedPriateRoberts was also involved. Wouldn't be surprising.

Virtuoso: Cool guy. Is more active on the site than I think any other moderator.

Don't have a third pick for users. If I understood orogami's profile whatever it was then he would've got it for being frequent and assuming it would be worthwhile to read.  

For Debates:

I only know about 2 of the debates before clicking on them right now. I can't vote on either.

For Threads:

Goodbye: Mainly because people believed him and he got 31 likes on his forum post.

Minimum wage: Found it funny with what Alec proposed. 

Don't have a third yet again.

bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 4
Ram - 3
Virt - 5
Oro - 4
Supa - 0
Mike - 1

Debates

Firing Squad - 4
Jury Nullification - 2
Israeli Conscription - 1
Fetuses for USD - 2
Animal Experiment - 0
Rap Battle - 0

Threads

Goodbye - 5
HOF Upcoming - 3
Vending Machine - 4
HOF Nominations - 0
Minimum Wage - 4

bsh1
bsh1
I will now cast my votes. I want to say though that all the nominees are wonderful and deserving. Congrats to you all.

Users

RM
Ram
Mike

Debates

Firing Squad
Jury Nullification
Israeli Conscription

Threads

HOF Upcoming
HOF Nominations
Vending Machine
David
Debates: 85
David
I will now cast my votes. 

Users

RM
Mike
Ramshuut

Debates

Firing squad
Jury Nullification
Animal Experimentation

Threads

Goodbye
Vending Machine
HOF Upcoming 

Thank you to everyone who has nominated me and voted for me. It is truly an honor and privilege to serve this community. 
bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 6
Ram - 5
Virt - 5
Oro - 4
Supa - 0
Mike - 3

Debates

Firing Squad - 6
Jury Nullification - 4
Israeli Conscription - 2
Fetuses for USD - 2
Animal Experiment - 1
Rap Battle - 0

Threads

Goodbye - 6
HOF Upcoming - 5
Vending Machine - 6
HOF Nominations - 1
Minimum Wage - 4

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
People

RM
Ramshustu
DebateArt.com(Mike)

Debates

Firing Squad
Jury Nullification

Threads

Goodbye
Minimum Wage

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
--> @bsh1
The site-wide notification linked to the nomination thread.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Supa - 0

WTF is this?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Votes:

Users - Supa

Debates - Fetuses vs USD

Threads - HOF upcoming and HOF nomination

bsh1
bsh1
--> @Discipulus_Didicit
Oh well...they'll figure it out. I don't want to spam people with notifications.
bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 7
Ram - 6
Virt - 5
Oro - 4
Supa - 1
Mike - 4

Debates

Firing Squad - 7