Posts in total: 2
  • bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    Debates: 14
    Forum posts: 2,589
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    About the Hall of Fame

Welcome to the DebateArt.com (DART) Hall of Fame! The Hall of Fame honors the very best users, debates, and threads this site has to offer. The Hall of Fame, as an institution, honors a tradition begun on another site, and hopes to continue a legacy of lauding the arts of debate and rhetoric, which are the basis of this site.

Each year, beginning in October 2019, the site usership shall nominate and elect three inductees into each of the three award categories (users, debates, and threads). The election will occur in two phases, a nomination phase and a voting phase. The nomination phase puts forward nominees for induction, and the voting phase selects which of the nominees will ultimately be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Each inducted user will be honored with a write up (not to exceed 1,000 characters) by a respected site user, honoring the inductee's character, achievements, and contributions to DART.

It is our wish that, as a community, people will always come to DART to engage in an honest, curious, and vigorous exploration of ideas. This site is unique among social websites in that it places special emphasis on intellect and rhetoric. DART's mission is to be a place where people can come to learn, to discuss, and to grow as thinkers and communicators. The Hall of Fame, at its best, is a testament to that mission, and strives to recognize those debates, threads, and users which add most significantly to the fabric of this amazing community.

402 days later

• bsh1
    bsh1 avatar
    Debates: 14
    Forum posts: 2,589
    bsh1 avatar
    bsh1
    Hall of Fame I

Pursuant to the first Hall of Fame election process, the following are inducted into the DebateArt.com Hall of Fame:

-- Users --

RationalMadman

Without a doubt, RationalMadman is a force to be reckoned with and deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Within a year of joining the site, RM became the first person to achieve every single site medal. He was one of the first to be on the top of the leaderboard; he is one of the most prolific users on the site, having completed nearly 200 debates, countless rap battles, music battles, and forum posts. What makes RationalMadman unique is the fact that he’s willing to take debate topics that are unfamiliar to most and is willing to take controversial standpoints. Additionally, he has cast over 300 debate votes, making him one of the most active voters on this site. This metric doesn’t even begin to describe how much impact he has had on the site. Without RationalMadman, this site would be much more pedestrian.

-Virtuoso

Moderating is difficult. Working concurrently with bsh1 on moderator decisions while creating over 50 debates and presenting a magnanimous front to all users regardless of transgressions is nigh impossible. These accomplishments are certainly no easy feat, as I am sure the illustrious Virtuoso can attest. Nevertheless, his earnest enforcement of the CoC and pleasant demeanor toward users has never changed since day 1 of his moderator duties. In addition to creating a welcoming atmosphere for users, his debate activity is also commendable. As I am sure most would agree, DART is in its infancy. Nevertheless, Virtuoso’s mountainous record of over 50 debates is incredible given his other duties. As someone who has debated with him on multiple occasions, I know firsthand his debating prowess and writing skills. Virtuoso is a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame purely for his dedication toward forging a better DART for all to enjoy. For that, I congratulate him on his induction. Thanks, Virt.

-blamonkey

DebateArt.com

What can one say about the mysterious Russian in our midst? Well, if he's a troll farmer worker, he's certainly an affable one. But then again, Mike (if that's his real name) would be affable wouldn't he...to gain our trust...?! *shrugs* Without him, this community literally wouldn't exist. He built this site up from scratch and has worked regularly to update it to meet user demands and needs. He is responsive, friendly, and solicitous. His concern for DART and its community is evidenced by the sheer volume of work he has invested and continues to invest in it. If anyone--and this is no hyperbole--deserves to be included in the inaugural DART Hall of Fame entry, it is the creator of the site. We are fortunate to have someone like him in our midst, one who is willing to volunteer his time as he does for so little recompense, esp. given the vitriol and hostility so often found on the internet. He has more than earned his place here, and I congratulate him on his induction.

-bsh1

-- Debates --

Firing Squad is the best form of capital punishment
    This was a high-quality debate by two obviously talented debaters--one who I knew well, one who I did not. It clearly generated interest on the site, with a sizable number of comments and multiple votes, and it is a prime example of the civil yet thoughtful debate we want to promote on the site. Lots of interesting clash and clearly well-researched, the excellence of this debate speaks for itself.

-bsh1

Fetuses as a replacement for the USD

Oh dear,” “Genius,” and “Goat”!

-Endorsements from the comment section

Jury Nullification

-- Threads --

Goodbye.
    RationalMadman

Hall of Fame Upcoming
    bsh1

RM Profile Pic Vending Machine (edited with pixlr to eye-pleasing perfection such as I do with mine)
    RationalMadman

Conclusion

This concludes the induction announcement. Congratulations to all those inducted!