Topic's posts

Posts in total: 78
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    Debates: 318
    Forum posts: 9,670
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    You post here your consent to be stereotyped and I will tell you which stereotype you are.

Situations change but high school cliques are not all that different to fundamental primate hierarchical structure. 

Let's begin with RM, the weird dude who isn't the quiet dude. It's that choirboy who sings loud and proud, it's that nerd who yells "math club leader" as the proudest title of all. RM is the weirdest motherfucker who isn't quiet or ashamed of being it.

• Trent0405
    Trent0405 avatar
    Debates: 32
    Forum posts: 461
    Trent0405 avatar
    Trent0405
    --> @RationalMadman
    ME ME ME.
  • User_2006
    User_2006 avatar
    Debates: 50
    Forum posts: 510
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006
    Self-stereotype: The biggest f*cking tryhard on the entire site. He actually has some skill but no one will care if he is down over there. Almost the lowest ranking debater who actually tries to debate good and win. 

• RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Trent0405
    Trent is that dude who is way too mature for his age and that isn't always a good thing. He's always a little too serious, always a little too bored but most importantly, he's 'greater than you'. He turns up everyday, has that 100% attendance award, but people in general don't always realise he's there. He's very reserved, quiet and steadfast in his work, he matches well with others who work hard and keep their mouths shut.

He will grow up to become the 'stern and quiet' old monk stereotype.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @User_2006
    User_2006 is that whiny prissy prep. Dresses very sharp, even in his spare time, smiles extra hard for photos, works extra hours to study and most importantly knows someone in every other clique (whether they like it or not). He's a hard guy to hate, he's enthusiastic, hardworking and pitches in when it's a teamwork situation, the real issue comes when he feels he's underperforming.

He's the kind of guy who wants to be Phelps while he's still struggling with the breaststroke, so he focuses too hard on that and loses his skill at front crawl and butterfly as he fails to practise the muscles for them and loses all races as he stretches himself thin. You could also compare it to a geek who spends too much time obssessing over one particular hobby and interest, neglecting everything else about a subject so that even in the subject that it relates to, they score poorly overall.

We all know someone like this, even in the roughest schools there's always the tryhards, however the quinetessential aspect of this type is that they know they're a tryhard.
  • User_2006
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006
    --> @RationalMadman
    Not True. I am rather close to Trent's stereotype in actuality. 
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @User_2006
    Stereotype is meant to be exaggeration, but I am glad I got it wrong as it is supposed to be ridiculous.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @User_2006
    There is no way you are Trent's type in reality, you are not possibly the quiet type.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    Debates: 30
    Forum posts: 12,448
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    I'll accept the fact that this probably won't be the best, but I will still consent
  • User_2006
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006
    --> @RationalMadman
    I am, actually. I am probably very different on the internet(and I accept on the internet, I am quite close to my "stereotype"), but in real life, which is vastly different, I am basically Trent. 
  • User_2006
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006 avatar
    User_2006
    No one: 
    Absolutely zero souls:
    Trent:
    ___ is greater than ___, as of now. 
  • Trent0405
    Trent0405 avatar
    Forum posts: 461
    Trent0405 avatar
    Trent0405
    --> @RationalMadman
    I like it.
  • Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Forum posts: 8,959
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    me.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @SupaDudz
    The CasaBrova

The confusing dilemma of the casabrova is that he doesn't himself know whether he even minds being friendzoned all the time. Genuinely, he enjoys being the guy who just gets along with others however if you think that's all there is to him... You will face grave consequence in the battlefield. He is the Jock who quietly writes poetry, he is the guy who can chat up the emo girls just as easily as the superficial queens and yet ultimately isn't entirely sure which he even wants. This issue isn't just with relationships, it's in everything in this type's decision making.

Part of him wants to be the softest, most sensitive and caring guy in town, the other part that comes out when he's feeling threatened or angry is a bloodthirsty, ambitious beast. The only thing in your favour when facing against him is that he wants to be the softer one; he's very agile, creative and charismatic. His only true weakness is prolonged strategic 'beef' but his charisma avoids him ever having such a thing with anyone other than 'relentless' types who themselves have too much beef with others to hone in on the casabrova.
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Dr.Franklin
    Dr. Franklin is among the outcasts like RM in that he is one of the last to be picked for group work of any usual kind. What makes this 'outcast' type unique is that he is unequivocally uncaring of what others think of him. There are fundamentally four types of outcast:

1. The proud type
    2. The insecure type
    3. The angry type
    4. The stoic type
    Dr. Franklin is the stoic type. He simply is very weird and peculiar and has a 'stiff upper lip' approach to his pain. He doesn't seek acceptance, he doesn't seek much prowess in any field at all whether in academics, in the clubs or whatever else. He just is himself and if you don't like that, the issue is yours. He is prone to pick a fight with a significant bully type who specifically preys on outcasts (rather than the bully type who picks on everyone equally, where this type will join the bully and laugh at the others). When someone singles out the Dr. Franklin they face an opponent with nothing to lose who laughs in the bully's face as it backfires hard on them, the more that they try to humiliate him. You throw shit on him, he hugs you and rubs it on you. You tease him for being weak, he goes to the gym and gets stronger or finds your weakness and ensures you're humiliated for it hard until you back off him in the other arena. 

If you leave him alone, he's just a dude who shows up, says hi to you and gets on with the day. If you bother him, you will be bothered significantly more.

• Dr.Franklin
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Forum posts: 8,959
    Dr.Franklin avatar
    Dr.Franklin
    --> @RationalMadman
    nice!
  • Crocodile
    Crocodile avatar
    Debates: 21
    Forum posts: 1,123
    Crocodile avatar
    Crocodile
    PLagIariSm
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @Crocodile
    Without competition there can be no excellence.

Without fairness, excellence becomes an irrelevant aspect of competition.

The first is right-wing, the latter is left-wing. I understand both and do find this to be fair competition thus I conclude that it was a good 'driving out of business' of your thread. If you honestly think that you invented this idea, I will like you to look at the date of this thread:

I do thank you though and don't deny that I captialised on your thread's idea. What I got wasn't financial and so therefore you cannot sue me.
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @RationalMadman
    The confusing dilemma of the casabrova is that he doesn't himself know whether he even minds being friendzoned all the time. Genuinely, he enjoys being the guy who just gets along with others however if you think that's all there is to him... You will face grave consequence in the battlefield. He is the Jock who quietly writes poetry, he is the guy who can chat up the emo girls just as easily as the superficial queens and yet ultimately isn't entirely sure which he even wants. This issue isn't just with relationships, it's in everything in this type's decision making.

Part of him wants to be the softest, most sensitive and caring guy in town, the other part that comes out when he's feeling threatened or angry is a bloodthirsty, ambitious beast. The only thing in your favour when facing against him is that he wants to be the softer one; he's very agile, creative and charismatic. His only true weakness is prolonged strategic 'beef' but his charisma avoids him ever having such a thing with anyone other than 'relentless' types who themselves have too much beef with others to hone in on the casabrova.

This post is the best understanding of my character anyone has said besides my mom and dad. Not even my friend of 7yrs can't describe me this accurate. The fact that you picked this up by just my personality as an internet persona, without knowing my IRL story is truly fascinating. The accuracy that this post has is scary
  • blamonkey
    blamonkey avatar
    Debates: 19
    Forum posts: 502
    blamonkey avatar
    blamonkey
    My presence on this site is kind of dwindling. That said, please feel free to have a go at me.
  • Crocodile
    Crocodile avatar
    Debates: 21
    Forum posts: 1,123
    Crocodile avatar
    Crocodile
    --> @RationalMadman
    Capitolist piece of bourgeois
  • RationalMadman
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman avatar
    RationalMadman
    --> @SupaDudz
    To be fair I did know you're a jock who does literally write poetry in secret (as you have shared that with us), I nonetheless appreciate the recognition and am really happy with the success rate so far of this thread (user_2006 is counted as a displeased customer but that completely matches his stereotype and I'm sorry but for me it's not a disproof). I have a very strong capacity to recognise patterns and links that I combined with learning psychology over the past years to make me this good at reading people.
  • PressF4Respect
    PressF4Respect avatar
    Debates: 10
    Forum posts: 3,159
    PressF4Respect avatar
    PressF4Respect
    --> @RationalMadman
    I think I know what I'm going to get but I wouldn't be surprised if I got surprised
  • SupaDudz
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz avatar
    SupaDudz
    --> @RationalMadman
    I knew that, but the others are just as accurate
  • whiteflame
    whiteflame avatar
    Debates: 18
    Forum posts: 1,203