Debating to undermine any/all "BELIEF"

Author: AGnosticAgnostic

Total: 131
AGnosticAgnostic
Debates: 0
AGnosticAgnostic
"Justified true belief" is graven image in the heavens: circular absurdity.
That statement of yours makes no sense.
Yes it does: it solidifies in the psychology of a believer in/of 'justified true belief' that ignorance is knowledge (ie. conflation/confusion), thus circular absurdity ensues, as it does with your constant trying to reference it over and over and over. It's graven in your mind because you rely on it to justify your own belief to yourself, and will probably cling to it no matter what. It justifies ignorance as knowledge, which is just what religion does.

Do you mean the tree of life? If so, yes. If Adam and Eve had eaten from it they would have lived forever.
The tree of life is not a physical tree in some place - it is in/of the body.

By taking from the tree of knowledge God banned them from the Garden and partaking of the tree of life. 
For believing to know (ie. have knowledge of) good/evil, but in reality are "dead" wrong. It takes a believer to believe evil is good, and see how many hundreds of millions are dead over belief and idols such as Jesus/Muhammad. It takes some kind of believer to believe that that is anything like "good".

Then what you are saying is that God exists since you have not always existed. Values such as goodness, to exist eternally, must be grounded in an eternal Being since goodness is an abstract mindful thing and requires a Mind for its existence and meaning.
I never said God exists - I will use the word in context sometimes out of courtesy and ease.

It is not possible to escape physical death: it is possible to escape (fear, of) suffering such that physical death is not a factor. It has to do with proximity to/from the tree of living.

There has to be a comparison or else everything is flux and you have nothing to base your claim on, nor measure the degree of goodness.
Perfect circle: evil being a gradual gradation of such. Because P can be + or -, it can "jump" from "evil" to "good" if/when the being knows of a personal ignorance(s) that is holding them back.

So you have to have a fixed measure to compare something to. We know what an inch is in relation to one foot, and a foot in comparison to a yard, and so on. We know that we go so many inches along a measuring line to mark of this degree of measurement. The standard for the inch is the International Bureau of Weights and Measures that other measurements can be calibrated against.
that I am = universe
I am = being

If 'that I am' is unknown, how can 'I am' ever infer/know 'that I am' if 'I am' is unknown unto itself?

This is why knowledge of self is fundamental: it is required to know of any possible god(s).

What is that measure for goodness, since you say it has always existed, fixed, firm? Since it is qualitative rather than quantitative it must be a necessary Being. 

If you don't know what is good how will you determine something is better (qualitatively) than something else? If your measurement of goodness keeps changing how will you know it is better? Better than what? How will you know good unless there is a fixed best?
It's a circle, with a folded circle inside of it which, when "transacting" (ie. over time) produce the yang/yin (also the aleph/alpha):

Tree of knowledge of good and evil is like a dot in the middle of a circle, the tree of life is a/the (perfect) circle surrounding it. The only warning is to not eat from the tree, thus traveling in any direction away from the dot is the same as eating from any other tree.

You can know what is not good. It is true one can not derive an ought from an is, but one can derive an ought not from an is.

Evil in comparison to what? Why would a relative being think themselves better than another being unless there is a fixed measure to compare too?
There is no fixed measure when it comes to good/evil: only belief of / knowledge of.

It either is true or it is false but the question is how you know?
How to know if true/false? You have to render a falsifiable assertion and try to falsify it as not necessarily true. For example:

The Bible is the perfect word of God.

This can be tried/tested/falsified. You have to use the conscience: are there any circumstances wherein this statement is not necessarily true? For example, would multiple authors of just the Torah alone (not to mention the language translation) disqualify the above statement?

It's a process/method that is itself infallible, and will only break-down at the level of the being's fallibility.

Dead wrong in comparison to what?

You have failed to answer my question. Here it is again,

"What is the source of your qualitative value system? Some other subjective mind, or your mind? What is good about that? Don't dictate what is good until you prove your source is good." 
Leave the rest and just focus on one question at a time (like this one) from now on: it is ridiculous to wall each other with text (and I doubt many others are reading).

I do not define "good" or "evil". I leave them undefined - just as Genesis 2:17 instructs. I therefor do not believe to know them, and offer this as a thought experiment to illustrate why:

ABC's of EVIL

A believes B is EVIL!
B believes A is EVIL!
(A & B annihilate one another)
C knows not to eat from that tree.

There is always an option C instead of designating anything as "evil" (a designation which implies that ones self is relatively "good", which may not be true). It takes a believer to believe evil is good, therefor belief-in-and-of-itself is a fixed property of satan, and not of any all-knowing god. God is the negation of any/all belief-based ignorance(s) via knowledge of any/all not to believe. These are the yang/yin: knowledge-consumes-ignorance.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
So you know that belief is evil?

You really believe that?
AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@Mopac
So you know that belief is evil?

You really believe that?
What? I did not indicate 'belief is evil' ...

... it takes a believer to believe evil is good ...

All eaters of the tree of knowledge of good and evil are believers, but
not all believers are eaters of the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

All knowing is by way of indefinitely trying all belief, but
not all belief is by way of indefinitely trying to know all.

It is possible to believe in a possibility known to be certainly possible.

For example: I believe in world peace, because I know it is certainly possible. Not necessarily probable, but possible.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
It takes a believer to believe anything, right?

AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@Mopac
It takes a believer to believe anything, right?
Yes, but there is an alternative 'state' to belief entirely: knowing.

Knowledge is the absence/negation of belief-based ignorance.

For example, knowing not to believe ones self to be something one is not, is a kind of knowledge absent belief.

It takes a believer to believe one is something they are not. A knowledge would then exist to negate that false belief.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
To accept that you have knowledge, wouldn't you first have to believe you are capable of knowledge?

For example, knowing not to believe ones self to be something one is not, is a kind of knowledge absent belief.
This is part of what knowledge of good and evil implies. A fruit of the knowledge of good and evil is to see that truth is good and falsehood is evil. If you know not to embrace delusion, you are able to tell this is wrong.
AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@Mopac
To accept that you have knowledge, wouldn't you first have to believe you are capable of knowledge?
No: to "accept" one has knowledge is simply acknowledgement.
It would take belief for belief-based ignorance to be "cccepted" as knowledge.

This is part of what knowledge of good and evil implies. A fruit of the knowledge of good and evil is to see that truth is good and falsehood is evil. If you know not to embrace delusion, you are able to tell this is wrong.
Thus: it takes a believer to believe evil is good.

It is not needed to define them: it can be known
that belief is required to confuse them.
An all-knowing god would/must know the same:
satan requires belief in order for a believer to believe
evil is good / satan is god.

0 I am (willing to...) <-*being with equal propensity for good/evil
-1 Know <-*tree of living
+2 of any/all <-*creation
-2 *not to* <-*destruction
+1 Believe <-*tree of knowledge of good and evil

If satan requires belief, and god is the opposite of satan,
how can god also require belief? God is the negation of belief:
knowledge of any/all not to believe. Therefor, know thy self
is axiomatic and the first fundamental knowledge/ignorance
is of ones own self, hence: to believe to be something one is not,
is ignorance (ie. delusion). See the prophet of Islam for such insanity
that leads to. Muslims are believers who believe a polygamous
pedophile infidel man is the greatest example for all of humanity.

It takes a believer to believe evil is good.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
Neither Satan nor God require belief. Satan is no opposite to God, they are not equals. If we were to say that Satan and God are opposites, we would be dualists. We Orthodox are not dualists. Satan is a creature of God. God is not a creature.

I am having trouble making sense of what you are saying because it seems to me that you clearly have beliefs, but at the same time you are speaking of belief in such a way as to almost imply that you do not have any. 

This dichotomy between belief and knowledge I simply do not accept. They are not mutually exclusive, they are refering to different aspects to something that is similar.

I can't help but be reminded of a historical issue in the church. There was some confusion long ago in the early days of the church over the Greek concepts of "hypostasis", "ousa", and "physis", which do not always translate well but are integral concepts in terms of Christian theology, particularly in the issue of Christology. This confusion is said by some to have been behind one of the earliest schisms of the church, in which a segment did not accept the councel of Chalcedon. 

Even in English these terms don't translate well! 

As we are a faith of revelation, our practices are intended to bring about that true experiential knowledge or epignosis. Without belief, why even bother? And so the door is shut.

One of the major differences between Orthodox Christian theology and the heterodox Christian theology of Western Europe is that western heterodox theology is very rationalistic while Orthodox theology is very experiential. Ours is a revealed faith, not one that was come to through reason. And being that it is a faith that is revealed, it isn't taught to a person, but it is revealed to a person. In western heterodoxy, a theologian is someone who reads a lot of books and has head "knowledge" or maybe belief as you say. We Orthodox understand a theologian as someone who through theoria has real experiential knowledge.

We Orthodox understand Christianity as apodictic truth, that is, capable of being demonstrated. This is in contrast with Christianity  being something that is established through dialectics.

PGA2.0
Debates: 7
PGA2.0
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
Rubbish. 

You are wrong. Satan is revealed as having the characteristics of personhood and being. He speakshe does things, he is called a liar and the father of lies, he does evil, he tempts, he distorts the truth, his character is dark.
You have not casted your net to the right - these things are symbols and metaphors, there is an underlying nature to satan that is expressed in the word itself:
Your statement is obscure. I have no idea what you are referring to. Are you referring to a scriptural verse? Are you referring to my statement?

Casing my net to the right? What does this have to do with my comment?

What do "these things" refer to, my statement or net casting?

Satan, in those verses I referenced, is a personal being, given personal attributes. You take a narrative and turn it into a metaphorical or symbolic language without justification. Although it can mean adversary, the adversary in the NT is a particular being.

shin - expression of (totality of) being (as a conjunction of: psychology, emotions and instinctual motor)
"Shin" as the twenty-first letter of the Hebrew alphabet?

tet - bound (ie. entangled)
nun (final) - ongoing (ie. indefinite) state

...the expression of being bound in an ongoing state...

and this satisfies any/all belief-based ignorance(s) that would be due to satan, which requires belief. Therefor, knowledge-negating-belief is the counter-part to any/all belief-based ignorance(s). However, because each person is unique, and has their own unique body of ignorance, each has their own corresponding unique body of knowledge to be attained to; and if/when so, alleviates any/all ignorance(s) restoring the primordial 'state'.

One must know what that state is in order to restore it: it is not hard.
I have no idea what you are talking about. This is babel. 

The biblical God has revealed Himself as a personal Being in the masculine pronoun.

False.

I am that I am.
'I am' refers to a person, 'that I am' suggests eternality.

Adam and Eve.
What about them?

Elohim = male/female "us".
"Elohim" is a masculine plural noun. 

"in Our image"
'In'  -> Preposition
'Our' -> masculine singular construct
'Image' -> first person common plural.

"let Us make"
'Let' -> Verb
'Us make' -> Imperfect cohortative if contextual - first person common plural

When you place a shin in the middle of YHWH, you get YHshWH.
Remember shin is the conjunct expression of the totality of being, thus each has/is their own.

So you manufacture a shin in YHWH? 
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
I see things in yourself that you do not know about yourself also. You are closed-minded, stubborn, and biased, yet you think you are right. So what? Prove it.
You would believe you see things: it is already established you mistake belief as knowledge, and the ad hominem is a projection of your own nature.
Although I recognize these and other faults in myself, I also recognize them in you. I know I am closed-minded. Truth is narrow. I am biased. There is no neutrality in belief. I can be stubborn, especially when defending the truth. 

Enmity results in projection (ie. Cain; tiller of ones own soil) thus the accuser is always the accused when from a place of enmity. This results in the projection of ones own nature as that of another: the same is the original sin of Adam attempting to scapegoat his own iniquity onto the woman. If you want to see what that leads to, look at Islam: men blame women for their own behavior. It is the same scapegoating.
They each had their own scapegoat. The woman, in turn, blamed the serpent. 

It is human nature to not see faults in ourselves that we recognize in others, but I have examined myself in many of these areas. I know some of my faults. I know some of the problems I have. They have been identified and wrestled with by my mind.
Your problem(s) is exactly what you accused me of.
Only one of us can be right to what is the case, if either, since we both state opposites. Do you know you are right? If so, prove it.  

Where do you find this revealed in Scripture or are you just reading it in?
GENESIS 3:12
And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

When lower organ controls the higher organ (ie. sex controls brain) the potential for evil is present: lust (sum of all evil).
Again, the natural function of a man and woman together as one in marriage was built into the DNA of each. You are reading all kinds of things into the narrative that is not yet disclosed, like,

"To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
In pain you will bring forth children;
Yet your desire will be for your husband,
And he will rule over you.”

Men who abuse their power over women (again, like Islam) are the exaggeration of the original sin. It destroys the 1:1 ration established at the onset by killing off the men and taking the women as war spoils, thus 1:4 and 1:9 for Muhammad. Islam is the original sin in perpetuity, so don't believe I have anything against anyone moreso than the House of Islam for being the House of Antichrist. It's just that the Christians are do nobody any favors worshiping a man as the Muhammadans do: the truth of the way of the living is not a man, it is a method.
The original sin was taking of the fruit of the tree of knowledge. By taking it Adam discovered what evil was, disobedience to God's good commands.

Again, I am not following your reasoning or how you establish this.

God is all-knowing for starters. He knows all transgressors. 

"Do I believe God is not knowing of those who transgress the first warning?" What is the "first warning?"
If God is all-knowing, God is all-knowing of:
i. all belief-based ignorance(s) exist in and/or by way of belief-in-and-of-itself
There is a difference between God and humanity. We are limited beings and do not know all things in and of themselves whereas God does. He creates them and understands every function and purpose of all things. All created things exist and hold together because of Him.

ii. satan requires belief, thus
What has this got to do with God being all-knowing or all-knowing of?

iii. any/all not to believe.

Hence the two trees in the garden:

-1 KNOW <-*tree of living
+2 any/all <-*creation
-2 *not to* <-*destruction
+1 BELIEVE <-*tree of knowledge of good and evil
0 I AM (willing to...) <-*equal capacity for good/evil

Tree of living: 0 - 1 + 2 - 2 + 1 = 0 | I AM willing to KNOW any/all *not to* BELIEVE (I am...)
Tree of G/E: 0 +1 - 2 + 2 - 1 = 0 | I AM willing to BELIEVE *not to* any/all KNOW (I am...)

Adam only knew of evil once he took of the tree of knowledge. Before that his existence only experienced good. Before that eating of the fruit, he walked with God and experienced His goodness. After that eating, he understood what it meant to disobey God and he experienced evil as well as good. He knew he was naked and he experienced shame.  
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
Do you have to believe something before you can believe anything else?

Knowledge does not come from a vacuum. You have to start somewhere. You first have to believe something, test it, and justify it is true before you arrive at knowledge.
I don't understand your first question.
You start somewhere. That is a belief that is either confirmed as true, or you live contrary and irrationally to the truth of what is the case.

There are some presuppositions that we all hold in making sense of the universe and ourselves. Your starting belief about the universe would either start with God (or a Creator) or it would start with random, chance happenstance. From that starting point, you would build upon your belief to form a worldview. Some things would be confirmed by that starting belief and others would not. The point is that your whole worldview would originate and be built upon one of two or three possible starting points of view. Is your knowledge consistent with the starting point or original belief that all else rests upon. 

Knowledge comes by way of trying belief: once a belief is falsified, knowledge not to believe it is attained. One need not believe they exist in order to know they exist. If one stops believing in gravity, gravity still has an effect. Similarly, if one does not believe in ones self, rather know ones self, one realizes it takes belief to believe ones self to be something they are not (!)
Yes, knowledge comes from testing beliefs (knowledge equals justified true belief).
Yes, knowledge comes from justifying whether a belief is true or false! If it is false you disbelief that premise yet you believe some other premise. If that premise is true to what is the case then you have a justifiably true belief.  

And the counter to that is if you do not believe 'this' but 'that' (or not this) you still have a belief, an opposing or contrary belief. The person who says, "I believe in God" has a belief. The person who says, "I do not believe in God" still has a belief, that there is no God. 
Your latter example is not necessarily true: one can say "I do not believe in God" while having no belief there is / is not one.
Since you don't know or cannot verify it as knowledge it is still a belief, whether rational or irrational. In not believing in God you still have to understand what is meant by God and with Christianity the specifics of that God. Thus, you still have a belief that you presuppose as true yet can't justify it.

One can either know, or not know, absent belief. Belief means one does not know.
You can't know God does not exist. You would have to be all-knowing to know that which would by definition be an attribute of God. You only deceive yourself into thinking you know He doesn't exist, all the while thinking about what God is in denying Him.

Leaving only knowledge, which is a true justified belief. An absent belief of one thing is a belief on the contrary or opposite thing. 
Knowledge has nothing to do with belief unless it is of the degrees of uncertainty of the belief. Knowledge is negation of belief: turns a "possible true" belief into "definitely not (necessarily) true" which derives a knowledge not to believe.

Hence, knowledge is justifiably true belief instead of reasonably or irrationally believing. You can't have knowledge without first believing in some starting point and building upon it by either verifying it or disqualifying it as reasonable. 

This justified true belief dogma is very destructive: trying to pass off ignorance as knowledge, just as religion would.
It is not ignorance. Justifiable true belief is knowledge. My belief is confirmed and true to what is the case.  

Neither? So you have not begun to exist yet you know you are???

Even though a baby of one day old exists is it aware or knowing it exists. It has not begun the thought process of knowing yet. It is still experiencing in its growth process yet is not reasoning its knowledge of its existence yet.
My beginning to exist does not depend on my believing to exist.
But the knowledge comes after the awareness of your existence, not before. If you can't conceptualize and rationalize you can't know. A just born baby is not thinking about its existence in terms of knowing. 

It has conscience: ability to inquire. That? That? That? That's unconditioned conscience: seeking to know.
Explained by being made in the image and likeness of God. As it grows these innate qualities start to develop but when it is born it is not thinking how it knows something. It just is aware, and that awareness grows by its belief system or is hampered by untrue beliefs.

That is the default state. Believing to know happens over time in relation to ones own belief-based ignorance.
And that belief based ignorance becomes justifiable true belief or knowledge of what is the case. 

I know I am is a true, justified belief.
No: it is a conscious acknowledgement of self, not a belief.
It corresponds to what is the case, thus it is justifiably true belief (aka, knowledge). 

'I believe I am' is a true, justified belief. But it's not knowledge, because one can believe themselves to be something they are not, and thus:

I believe I am...
I know I am...
It can be either depending on whether it is known to be the case or not. If it is not known to be the case then it is still a reasonable belief, just not justified. You have to believe you are before you can know you are. 

are the two trees as they exist locally in a being: two hemispheres of the brain wherein the right is higher (ie. closer to knowledge) and the left is lower (ie. closer to belief-based ignorance). Casting to the right means: left hemisphere to right hemisphere. The ship is the mind.
You are completely reading this into the text. You can't prove it by the text. All you can do is say, I believe it to be the case. The question is whether or not it is the case. It is not the case unless you can prove it. You have not. 

Okay, yet acknowledgement of ignorance does not happen in a vacuum. You have to know other things before you become aware of things you do not know. That knowledge is based on a belief system that is confirmed to be the case. You can't build a house without a foundation. 
[1] The first fundamental knowledge/ignorance is of self. It is [2] technically the only thing to know. It takes belief to believe ones self to be something they are not.
[1] Are you sure? Prove it. 
[2] There are many things to know other than yourself.

If you know one thing, that you do not know anything else, how do you know this? Again, knowledge has to be built on other knowledge. You have to start somewhere with a belief that is either confirmed or denied by what is the case. 
"I know I know not" has to be a knowledge in relation to something else that is not known. 
Conscience is used to derive knowledge: it acknowledges things either as they are, or as they are not (ie. belief-based).
Yes, it is!

Yes, it perceives things as they are or as they are not. To perceive things as they are and to justify that they are indeed the case is justifiably true belief or knowledge. 

I know I know not = conscious acknowledgment of ignorance (which pertains to a specific thing) = Any potential attainability to knowledge.
I know I know not = All potential attainability of knowledge. 

"One can not attain to something they "believe" they already have." Knowledge = justified true belief. 
Knowledge negates belief.
Does it? Do you believe this? Or do you disbelieve it?

'Justified true belief' is an attempt to turn ignorance into knowledge.
No, it is justifying a belief is true to what is the case. 

AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@Mopac
Neither Satan nor God require belief. Satan is no opposite to God, they are not equals. If we were to say that Satan and God are opposites, we would be dualists. We Orthodox are not dualists. Satan is a creature of God. God is not a creature.
Satan would certainly require belief in order that a believer believe:
i. Belief-in-and-of-itself is a virtue,
ii. evil is good,
iii. Satan is God

The root of P is either -P or +P: they are equal counter-parts.
God and Satan are not different.
Knowledge and Belief-based ignorance are not different.

I am having trouble making sense of what you are saying because it seems to me that you clearly have beliefs, but at the same time you are speaking of belief in such a way as to almost imply that you do not have any. 
I only believe in possibilities I know are certainly possible, because possibilities are uncertain (which is what belief is).

This dichotomy between belief and knowledge I simply do not accept. They are not mutually exclusive, they are refering to different aspects to something that is similar.
Belief - as containing one (or more) degrees of uncertainty
Knowledge - as containing no degrees of uncertainty

I know (any/all) *not to* believe
satisfies any all-knowing god.

I believe *not to* (any/all) know
satisfies any all-believing ignorance(s)
(due to the inverse of god: satan).

I can't help but be reminded of a historical issue in the church. There was some confusion long ago in the early days of the church over the Greek concepts of "hypostasis", "ousa", and "physis", which do not always translate well but are integral concepts in terms of Christian theology, particularly in the issue of Christology. This confusion is said by some to have been behind one of the earliest schisms of the church, in which a segment did not accept the councel of Chalcedon. 

Even in English these terms don't translate well! 

As we are a faith of revelation, our practices are intended to bring about that true experiential knowledge or epignosis. Without belief, why even bother? And so the door is shut.
Revelation requires belief in/of, which creates a belief-based 'state' no matter what (as compared to a state of knowing).

It is possible to know this belief/assumption to be unsound.

One of the major differences between Orthodox Christian theology and the heterodox Christian theology of Western Europe is that western heterodox theology is very rationalistic while Orthodox theology is very experiential. Ours is a revealed faith, not one that was come to through reason. And being that it is a faith that is revealed, it isn't taught to a person, but it is revealed to a person. In western heterodoxy, a theologian is someone who reads a lot of books and has head "knowledge" or maybe belief as you say. We Orthodox understand a theologian as someone who through theoria has real experiential knowledge.

We Orthodox understand Christianity as apodictic truth, that is, capable of being demonstrated. This is in contrast with Christianity  being something that is established through dialectics.
If Muslims knew not to believe the Qur'an is the perfect word of god, knowledge negates belief and approx. 90% of human suffering would end.
AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@PGA2.0
Your statement is obscure. I have no idea what you are referring to. Are you referring to a scriptural verse? Are you referring to my statement?

Satan, in those verses I referenced, is a personal being, given personal attributes. You take a narrative and turn it into a metaphorical or symbolic language without justification. Although it can mean adversary, the adversary in the NT is a particular being.
You are taking too literally: these are stories. They are pointing at something metaphysical.
Finger points to moon: do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss the moon for the point of the finger.
Cast right means do not think literally/physically, but metaphorically/metaphysically.

Yes - it has three yuds/vavs on it, because it indicates:
i. psychological being
ii. emotional being
iii. instinctual (motor) being
all connected by a single base.

This is the first letter of Satan: indicates totality of being - psychology/emotion/action.
Second letter is bind: for example, to believe something that is not actually true.
Third letter is ongoing state.

Tried to make it easier for you.

'I am' is not a (particular) person.

A better English rendering would be "I be(come) as I be(come)"

What about them?
They are not real/literal people. The "story" that people read, is actually a bunch of equations dressed up as a story. This is true even in the original Hebrew text: the real essence of the "story" has nothing to do with the story.

"Elohim" is a masculine plural noun. 

"in Our image"
'In'  -> Preposition
'Our' -> masculine singular construct

"let Us make"
'Let' -> Verb
Because all singular entities take the default masculine.

When elohim is the speaker, it identifies itself as "us/we" and the masculine designation of the Hebrew language is owing to the nature of the language, not the nature of elohim itself. Elohim is a folded circle: one side is bestowing/male, the other is receiving/female. To say Elohim is male, is belief-based ignorance and where religious patriarchy comes from that abuses women. The female is just as divine as the male: Eve means 'mother of all that lives'. Can not have creation without Eve.

Each person is their own shin, and each shin returns to YHWH which is what Yahushoa is.

AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@PGA2.0
Although I recognize these and other faults in myself, I also recognize them in you. I know I am closed-minded. Truth is narrow. I am biased. There is no neutrality in belief. I can be stubborn, especially when defending the truth.
If you believe something to be true, you are defending yourself in relation to that "truth" believed in, not truth itself.
Knowing what is not necessarily true does not demand that truth be known: only what truth is not.
God is the same: to know all that God is *not* is the same pursuit as knowledge of truth.

Man -> Woman -> Serpent
blame -> blame ->

So what is the original sin? Think about how men blame women for how men act and think about Islam.

Only one of us can be right to what is the case, if either, since we both state opposites. Do you know you are right? If so, prove it. 
Right/wrong are according to a context, thus the context must be defined in order to collapse one or the other. The "us vs. them" mindset is a product of eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil: division, instead of union.

If the original sin is to blame another for ones own iniquity, the expression:

the accuser is the accused

must always hold true for one who is ignorant and/or in violation of. Therefor, to try any/all accusations first with:

Is the accuser the accused?

reveals ignorance from the start, but only as far as the one trying is themselves ignorant for what they themselves believe.

Again, the natural function of a man and woman together as one in marriage was built into the DNA of each. You are reading all kinds of things into the narrative that is not yet disclosed, like,

"To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
As it is with dielectricity and magnetism: both are required, and as they approach equilibrium, they approach infinitude.

What you quoted is the result of eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It is true: the more a person does it, the more they suffer.

The original sin was taking of the fruit of the tree of knowledge. By taking it Adam discovered what evil was, disobedience to God's good commands.
Taking the fruit is the same as believing to know good/evil.

(I believe) I know = ignorance
I know (I believe) = knowledge

It is possible that what the serpent said is also true: one will become like god knowing good/evil. There are two possible results from the same action. To call the serpent "evil" is to ignore the warning in the first place.

There is a difference between God and humanity. We are limited beings and do not know all things in and of themselves whereas God does. He creates them and understands every function and purpose of all things. All created things exist and hold together because of Him.
Therefor,

+P is a body of belief-based ignorance
-P is a body of knowledge-negating-belief-based-ignorance

and as one +P attains to its specific counter-part -P, one approaches any possible all-knowing god.

Adam only knew of evil once he took of the tree of knowledge. Before that his existence only experienced good. Before that eating of the fruit, he walked with God and experienced His goodness. After that eating, he understood what it meant to disobey God and he experienced evil as well as good. He knew he was naked and he experienced shame.  
Hence the need to understand that each being is as their own Adam and thus to scapegoat the problem of "original sin" onto a scapegoat historical Adam is ignorant. This is precisely what religions do: institutionalize scapegoating. People dump their own iniquities onto figures like Jesus and/or join the House of Islam to scapegoat onto Jews/Christians/Atheists/Unbelievers/Infidels and become squealing and whining swine as the Muhammadans are.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
One senses that you might be a tad Islamophobic.
As psychologically conditioned perhaps?
Just in the same way that one would expect a psychologically conditioned Muslim to respond to you and I.

And it all depends upon a particular set of fairy tale data. 

AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@zedvictor4
One senses that you might be a tad Islamophobic.

Islamophobia is suffered by Muslims - they project their own 'state' of fear of facing the unreality of Islam. Therefor, they blame their own internal 'state' on whoever stirs it in them. This pathology of scapegoating is embedded in Islam which satisfies:

which, as it turns out, is the biblical Mark of Cain: to draw from ones own nature and accuse another of that same nature. In English it is translated "tiller of the soil". Example:

Take a glass of water with sediment (that can be: "Islamophobia" or any manner of hatred)
Take a stirring rod.
If the rod stirs by speaking, and the glass full of sediment blames the rod and not the sediment,
the accuser is the accused.

The House of Islam manufactured "Islamophobia" as a Western-friendly adaptation of Sharia-based anti-blasphemy laws which forcibly/militarily suppresses criticisms of the 'state': Islam, the Qur'an or Muhammad. Thus, Islam is, at the very least, a global source of fascism, and at the very worst (which I argue is true): the global sources of fascism, Nazism, and socialism. Same pathology: regard male orator warlord as the greatest "example" for all of humanity. It is idolatrous and sick both Nazism/Islam (they are the same).

Therefor "Islamophobia" is the House of Islam trying to blame others for what itself is guilty of: it is the "religion" of Islam - to blame others for what they are themselves guilty of.

As psychologically conditioned perhaps?
Like a Muslim is? To believe a single book is the perfect word of a belief-based god which perpetuates a lethal believer vs. unbeliever division now responsible for the deaths of hundreds of millions? That kind of psychological conditioning?

And I am psychologically conditioned to oppose this?

The House of Islam is insane: in the same way it takes a believer to believe evil is good, it takes a believer to believe their own insanity is owing to someone else. Say hello to Muhammad: pathologically blaming all others for his own stupidity while committing genocide against the people he accused of being insane (despite it being himself).

The hypocrisy is such: Abraham had two sons, Isaac and Jacob. Jews claim to be descended from Isaac, and Muslims Ishmael. How can a Jewish Abraham give birth to a non-Jew?

Point: you can not have Muslim without Jew.

Just in the same way that one would expect a psychologically conditioned Muslim to respond to you and I.
It's not the same: Muslims have no conscious knowledge of their own ignorance for ever-believing others as being ignorant, and not themselves. This is how/why they are able to "believe" that others have a "phobia" of Islam, rather than Islam being a bonafide humanitarian crisis at the root of Nazism/Fascism/Socialism. Hence: their need for fascism to suppress, and "Islamophobia" is one such term used. It is actually the House of Islam who has the real phobia (ie. cowardice) and all they seem to do is whine and squeal: as if worshiping swinery itself.

And it all depends upon a particular set of fairy tale data. 
So give the Muslims real data: the Qur'an is evolved from Christian strophic hymns, Mecca did not exist at the time of Muhammad and all mosques built up until ~730 CE have direction of prayer facing Petra in South Jordan, which means Muhammad can't have established one towards Mecca, which means Muslims are bowing int the wrong direction. The House of Islam would collapse if Muslims knew of this: thus the leaders of Islam must lie to the Muslims to keep their power, which relies on deception. The first victim of Islam is thus the believing Muslim.

It would take a fascist whiner-and-squealer to try to play the "Islamophobia" card, because that it who it is designed for: whiners and squealers who incessantly squeal and whine over ridicule of their idols: a dead pedophile swine, and a man-made book.
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic

You are taking too literally: these are stories. They are pointing at something metaphysical.
While the Bible contains a lot of symbolism and metaphorical language it is explained much of the time in Scripture so that people do not read their own private interpretation into the Scriptures.

2 Peter 1:19-21 (NASB)
19 So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. 20 But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one’s own interpretation, 21 for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 (NASB)
15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.

First, you have to pay attention to the language, whether plain narrative or figurative in nature. Second, you have to understand that narrative language is historical language and the OT is a history of God's relationship to specific people (Israel) and it traces the lineage of the Messiah back to the Fall. Jesus Himself treats Adam and Eve as historical people.

Matthew 19:3-5 (NASB)
Some Pharisees came to Jesus, testing Him and asking, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any reason at all?” And He answered and said, “Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 

Mark 10:5-7 (NASB)
5 But Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 6 But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. 7 For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother 

Luke 3:38
... 38 the son of Enosh, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.

Regarding the genealogies, once you start reading into the accounts some metaphoric and some actual descendants you lose all credibility. 

Also, to treat the whole Bible as one big metaphor is disingenuous.

Finger points to moon: do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss the moon for the point of the finger.
Cast right means do not think literally/physically, but metaphorically/metaphysically.
This is all your private interpretation, not based on the actual texts but on what you read into it. This is what cults and all those who misinterpret the Bible do. 

Yes - it has three yuds/vavs on it, because it indicates:
i. psychological being
ii. emotional being
iii. instinctual (motor) being
all connected by a single base.
Where do you get this stuff from? I question the reliability of such speculation until you prove your sources are respectable and valid. 

This is the first letter of Satan: indicates totality of being - psychology/emotion/action.
Second letter is bind: for example, to believe something that is not actually true.
Third letter is ongoing state.
Again, you make a big deal out of one letter and add all kinds of innuendo into it. 

Tried to make it easier for you.
Where are you getting your information from? Please reveal your specific sources. Is it just your own private and personal opinion or do you have some factual and verifiable evidence? If I do not get an answer I will not continue our dialogue.

'I am' is not a (particular) person.

A better English rendering would be "I be(come) as I be(come)"
The words are translated from Hebrew as "I am who I am." 

I be? I become? 

I be who I be?
I become who I become?
I be who I become?

One who is eternal, immutable, unchanging, does not become or come to be. 

"The name's meaning
Exodus 3:14-15 This forms part of God's explanation of who he is. “I AM” (in Hebrew closely resembling “Yahweh”) expresses the ever-present, unchanging, totally dependable character of God.

(14) I AM THAT I AM.—It is generally assumed that this is given to Moses as the full name of God. But perhaps it is rather a deep and mysterious statement of His nature. “I am that which I am.” My nature, i.e., cannot be declared in words, cannot be conceived of by human thought. I exist in such sort that my whole inscrutable nature is implied in my existence. I exist, as nothing else does—necessarily, eternally, really. If I am to give myself a name expressive of my nature, so far as language can be, let me be called “I AM.”
Tell them I AM hath sent me unto you.—I AM, assumed as a name, implies (1) an existence different from all other existence. “I am, and there is none beside me” (Isaiah 45:6); (2) an existence out of time, with which time has nothing to do (John 8:58); (3), an existence that is real, all other being shadowy; (4) an independent and unconditioned existence, from which all other is derived, and on which it is dependent.

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
Exodus 3:14. God said — Two names God would be known by: 1st, A name that speaks what he is in himself, I AM THAT I AM. The Septuagint renders the words ειμι ο ων, I AM the existing Being, or HE WHO IS; and the Chaldee, I AM HE WHO IS, and WHO WILL BE. That is, I am He that enjoys an essential, independent, immutable, and necessary existence, He that IS, and WAS, and IS TO COME. It explains his name Jehovah, and signifies, 1st, That he is self- existent: he has his being of himself, and has no dependance on any other. And being self-existent, he cannot but be self-sufficient, and therefore all-sufficient, and the inexhaustible fountain of being and blessedness. 2d, That he is eternal and unchangeable: the same yesterday, to-day, and for ever.

I am that I am - That is, "I am what I am." The words express absolute, and therefore unchanging and eternal Being. The name, which Moses was thus commissioned to use, was at once new and old; old in its connection with previous revelations; new in its full interpretation, and in its bearing upon the covenant of which Moses was the destined mediator.

And God said unto Moses, I am that I am,.... This signifies the real being of God, his self-existence, and that he is the Being of beings; as also it denotes his eternity and immutability, and his constancy and faithfulness in fulfilling his promises, for it includes all time, past, present, and to come; and the sense is, not only I am what I am at present, but I am what I have been, and I am what I shall be, and shall be what I am. 

What about them?
They are not real/literal people. The "story" that people read, is actually a bunch of equations dressed up as a story. This is true even in the original Hebrew text: the real essence of the "story" has nothing to do with the story.
Jesus treats them as real people. I tend to believe Him over you and your opinion. 

A bunch of equations? Again, you continue to give your own spin while ignoring the type of language used and what the passages actually say. This is called eisegesis. 

"Elohim" is a masculine plural noun. 

"in Our image"
'In'  -> Preposition
'Our' -> masculine singular construct

"let Us make"
'Let' -> Verb
Because all singular entities take the default masculine.

When elohim is the speaker, it identifies itself as "us/we" and the masculine designation of the Hebrew language is owing to the nature of the language, not the nature of elohim itself. Elohim is a folded circle: one side is bestowing/male, the other is receiving/female. To say Elohim is male, is belief-based ignorance and where religious patriarchy comes from that abuses women. The female is just as divine as the male: Eve means 'mother of all that lives'. Can not have creation without Eve.

Elohim is not an 'it' but a personal being identified in the masculine pronouns 'He' and 'Him.'

And Adam means the first man and the father of humanity. He was created first and to him is given the federal head, not the woman. 

Each person is their own shin, and each shin returns to YHWH which is what Yahushoa is.
Do you mean Yeshua?

Where do you get this stuff from? What are your sources for thinking this way?

Are you Jewish?
PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
If you believe something to be true, you are defending yourself in relation to that "truth" believed in, not truth itself.
I am defending the belief in total as reasonable and logical to believe. I also defend aspects of the belief as knowable. I am defending the worldview as the most sensible, reasonable, and logical of all worldviews that I know of. 

Knowing what is not necessarily true does not demand that truth be known: only what truth is not.
True if you are saying what I think you are. I think you mean to say that knowledge can confirm that something is not true.

God is the same: to know all that God is *not* is the same pursuit as knowledge of truth.
I only defend the reasonableness of the Judeo-Christian God. I believe in only one true and living God. 

What is God not, for instance? Please elaborate. 

Can you prove that God is not, or more specifically the Christian God is not?

Man -> Woman -> Serpent
blame -> blame ->
--> Serpent
--> blame.

And God found fault (blame) with the serpent, also. The serpent tempted Eve with something that was not true, i.e., that she would not die for disobeying God.

The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die!

That was a lie perpetrated by the serpent. 

Also, knowing good and evil is not the same as being like God in the sense that God does not do evil. By taking the fruit which God forbid (explicit warning not to eat it) there was a penalty, and they suffered that penalty as God promised. 

Thus, God judged the serpent also. 

14 The Lord God said to the serpent,
“Because you have done this,
Cursed are you more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you will go,
And dust you will eat
All the days of your life;
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her seed;
He shall bruise you on the head,
And you shall bruise him on the heel.”

So what is the original sin? Think about how men blame women for how men act and think about Islam.
The original sin was doing what God said should not be done which led to humanity knowing evil and practicing evil. It destroyed that close relationship they had with God in the Garden before this point and barred them from enjoying His presence in the manner He created humanity to do. 

Right/wrong are according to a context, thus the context must be defined in order to collapse one or the other. The "us vs. them" mindset is a product of eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil: division, instead of union.
Right and wrong are qualitative values that are made sense of only if the source is unchanging, absolute, eternal, all-knowing, otherwise its all relative and a preference. What makes a preference right unless it conformed to what was/is actually right and the case?

The us/them mindset in the Bible is a difference in doing good and evil and the consequences involved, plus the remedy. Since all accountable human beings have sinned we are all in the same boat and need a means that offsets that guilt; one that suffers the penalty of the guilt. Hence, the Son becomes human, lives a completely righteous life as a human being, then dies innocent for the sins of those who will believe in Him. Thus, He does on our behalf what we could not do in and of ourselves.
1. He lives that righteous life the believer could not on the believer's behalf.
2. He suffers the penalty the believer deserves (alienation from God) on their behalf (our Intercessor intercedes between God and the believer, like Moses, interceded between God and Israel). 

If the original sin is to blame another for ones own iniquity, the expression:

You misunderstand what the original sin was, as I have pointed out. That sin was disobedience to what God commanded not to do. 

Adam, as the federal head, represented humanity in choosing to eat the fruit. Although it was something both Adam and Eve partook of, Adam was the one who represented the rest of humanity as the one who was first created

God place Adam as the head, not Eve. 

The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.

Just as Adam represents humanity as the federal head of humanity before God because he was the first human being so Jesus, the Second Adam, represents believers before God as their federal head. 

must always hold true for one who is ignorant and/or in violation of. Therefor, to try any/all accusations first with:

Is the accuser the accused?

They were all accused and judged of wrongdoing and the man and woman tried the scapegoat excuse.

reveals ignorance from the start, but only as far as the one trying is themselves ignorant for what they themselves believe.
Yet God's word was explicit to them. The day they ate of the fruit would be the day they died to God. The day they ate they would be barred from His presence and excluded from eating of the tree of life and living forever more. 

"To the woman He said,
“I will greatly multiply
Your pain in childbirth,
As it is with dielectricity and magnetism: both are required, and as they approach equilibrium, they approach infinitude.
You are reading into the text far more than it says in your comparison. Thus, again, you are guilty of eisegesis. You continually do this. It's like just because you can say it and you believe it then it becomes so in your view. This kind of thinking is totally ludicrous. 

What you quoted is the result of eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
True, it is the consequence.

It is true: the more a person does it, the more they suffer.
One sin resulted in the judgment. Just one.

Taking the fruit is the same as believing to know good/evil.
Taking the fruit led to them knowing good and evil, not just good. They realized they did wrong before God and they hid from His presence. 

(I believe) I know = ignorance
I (believe) I know --> reasonable belief --> is not the same as knowing but it usually signified the belief is reasonable. It could or could not be true to what is the case yet it is based on reason. Blind belief is not. It is totally ignorant since it does not base itself in reason. 

I know (I believe) = knowledge
I know --> Justified true belief = knowledge. 

It is possible that what the serpent said is also true: one will become like god knowing good/evil. There are two possible results from the same action. To call the serpent "evil" is to ignore the warning in the first place.
The serpent lied. That is evil.

Therefor,

+P is a body of belief-based ignorance
-P is a body of knowledge-negating-belief-based-ignorance

and as one +P attains to its specific counter-part -P, one approaches any possible all-knowing god.
Since everything (the universe and all in it) would be created it would ring true to what God said about the universe and everything in it. We find meaning in the natural world. We are able to express that meaning in mathematical formulas and laws that signify what is the case.

God would know how He created and that creation would be supernatural. Without God, you look to the natural alone to explain existence. Without God, you look to chance happenstance (unintentional) to explain what is. It is not a reasonable belief and there are many gaps in such thinking. 

Hence the need to understand that each being is as their own Adam and thus to scapegoat the problem of "original sin" onto a scapegoat historical Adam is ignorant. This is precisely what religions do: institutionalize scapegoating. People dump their own iniquities onto figures like Jesus and/or join the House of Islam to scapegoat onto Jews/Christians/Atheists/Unbelievers/Infidels and become squealing and whining swine as the Muhammadans are.

No, historical Adam is not ignorance. That is what the Scripture reveals. It reveals that ADAM brought sin into the world. The Second Adam - Jesus Christ - is the scapegoat for sin. The sin of the world (for all those who believe in Him) was placed on Him. Jesus, the historical Person took upon Himself the punishment for believers. He is the ONLY ONE who could meet the righteous requirements of God on behalf of the sinner.  

But the goat on which the lot for the scapegoat fell shall be presented alive before the Lord, to make atonement upon it, to send it into the wilderness as the scapegoat.

John 18:38b-40
And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and *said to them, “I find no guilt in Him. 39 But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?” 40 So they cried out again, saying, “Not this Man, but Barabbas.” Now Barabbas was a robber.

Just as the lot was drawn for the scapegoat in the OT so the lot was drawn as to who would be released and who would be crucified in the NT. Jesus was crucified beyond the city walls, in the wilderness, for the sins of the world. He is the NT believer's scapegoat. 
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
There are several flaws in your logic. Firstly, you are asserting that your definition of belief is the only valid definition, which is not true. According to Merriam-Webster, there are three definitions, including this one:
conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
By this definition, belief and knowledge are not exclusive. It is possible to believe something that you know. Your previous refutation of this is that belief is uncertainty, so you can't be uncertain of something that you know. However, this is using your definition to prove your definition. If belief requires uncertainty, then belief and knowledge are exclusive. However, if belief does not require uncertainty, then they are not exclusive. Your logic is as follows:
A: Belief requires uncertainty, so belief and knowledge are exclusive.
B: According to definition X, belief does not require uncertainty, so they are not exclusive.
A: That definition is wrong because belief requires uncertainty.
You are using your definition to prove itself. This is circular.

Secondly, even if belief does require uncertainty, uncertainty does not equal ignorance. Take this example: 
I believe the current time is 4:03. However, I am not certain because I do not have the universal standard clock (or whatever it's called) to prove it. However, I am not ignorant of the topic, because the clock in front of me says it is 4:03. This is a reasonable, informed belief. I am not certain, but I have good evidence that I am right, so I am not ignorant.

Thirdly, it is true that to some degree I am ignorant even though I am informed on the issue because I am ignorant of the official time. However, ignorant is not the same thing as irrational. By that standard, I am ignorant of the time. However, I have good evidence that the time is 4:03 (or was, since time keeps moving as I type). As such, this is a rational belief. 

You have failed to prove, except with circular reasoning, that belief requires uncertainty and that belief and knowledge are exclusive. You have failed to prove that belief is ignorance. You have failed to prove that belief is irrational. Therefore, your logic fails to undermine belief.

I also have an interesting point for you. I am going to take the position that certainty is impossible. Thus, by your definition, knowledge is impossible, and belief is the only possibility. Here is my case.

There is no way to be certain that logic is valid. We can divide any possible argument into the two categories of logical and illogical. Since anything that is not logical is by definition illogical, and vice versa, these are the only two possible categories. My argument follows inevitably from these simple and indisputable premises.
P1: Every argument is either logical or illogical.
P2: Any attempt to use logic to prove that logic is valid is circular, because the use of logic presumes that logic is valid.
C1: It is impossible to use logic to prove that logic is valid.
P3: Any attempt to use illogic to prove that logic is valid is inherently contradictory.
C2: It is impossible to use illogic to prove the validity of logic.
C3: Because of P1, C1, and C2, there is no possible argument that can prove that logic is valid.
As a result, no matter how self-evident logic seems or how well it is supported by the evidence, we cannot prove that logic is valid because such arguments are logical and therefore circular. Since it is impossible to be certain that logic is valid, and since all knowledge is dependent on the validity of logic, it is impossible to be absolutely certain that knowledge is true. Consequently, knowledge cannot exist, since any knowledge would be based on the uncertain assumption that logic is valid. Since knowledge cannot exist, the only possibility is what you term belief.

I am extremely interested in seeing your response to this argument.

Of course, I myself make the assumption that logic is valid, since it is impossible to make any sense of the world otherwise. However, I cannot prove that my assumption is correct, which is the point I'm making.
AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@SirAnonymous
There are several flaws in your logic. Firstly, you are asserting that your definition of belief is the only valid definition, which is not true. According to Merriam-Webster, there are three definitions, including this one:
conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
By this definition, belief and knowledge are not exclusive. It is possible to believe something that you know. Your previous refutation of this is that belief is uncertainty, so you can't be uncertain of something that you know. However, this is using your definition to prove your definition. If belief requires uncertainty, then belief and knowledge are exclusive. However, if belief does not require uncertainty, then they are not exclusive. Your logic is as follows:
A: Belief requires uncertainty, so belief and knowledge are exclusive.
B: According to definition X, belief does not require uncertainty, so they are not exclusive.
A: That definition is wrong because belief requires uncertainty.
You are using your definition to prove itself. This is circular.
1. I do not treat merriam-webster as any authority on definitions of words/language.
2. The definition you provided relies on further substantiations viz. "examination of evidence" thus is incomplete and not self-contained.
3. To convict while containing degrees of uncertainty would definitely be an ignorant act, especially if convicting others for the crimes of self (!).
4. It is possible to both believe in, and know: gravity, but "believing" in gravity is redundant, as gravity "acts" anyways. So does the gravity associated with any/all belief-based ignorance(s) that take ignorance(s) as knowledge(s), such as books to be perfect, inimitable, unaltered, inerrant etc. It doesn't matter if a person believes in a truth or not: its efficacy is the same. Knowledge always negates belief-based ignorance(s).

Eg. FTSOA
God exists and is all-knowing.
The root of any being P^1/2 exists as +P or -P.
+P is a 'body of ignorance' as any/all belief-based ignorance(s) with an associated gravity,
-P is a 'body of knowledge' as any/all knowledge alleviating the gravity of +P
wherein (+P -> -P) approaches any/all knowing of any/all belief-based ignorance(s),
thus any possible all-knowing god. This designation of +P and -P is equal to the two Edenic Trees:

+2 (any/all)
-1 KNOW
0(+/-) I am (willing to...)
+1 BELIEVE
-2 *not to*

Secondly, even if belief does require uncertainty, uncertainty does not equal ignorance. Take this example: 
I believe the current time is 4:03. However, I am not certain because I do not have the universal standard clock (or whatever it's called) to prove it. However, I am not ignorant of the topic, because the clock in front of me says it is 4:03. This is a reasonable, informed belief. I am not certain, but I have good evidence that I am right, so I am not ignorant.
Correct: uncertainty does not equal ignorance. Uncertainty is a valid acknowledgement. Any/all acknowledgement is a valid knowledge.

It is when a belief is taken as a definite: my belief is definitely true!

Such an utterance would be ignorant-in-and-of-itself. If something is in a state of 'definitely true' it requires not belief, but rather acknowledgement. It would take a believer to believe that a 'definitely true' is 'not definitely true' in the same way it would take a believer to believe evil is good: belief-in-and-of-itself is the agency required to ever confuse one-with-the-other, therefor satan must necessarily require it to confuse evil and good. How can both god and satan require belief if they are opposites? Knowledge negates belief.

Thirdly, it is true that to some degree I am ignorant even though I am informed on the issue because I am ignorant of the official time. However, ignorant is not the same thing as irrational. By that standard, I am ignorant of the time. However, I have good evidence that the time is 4:03 (or was, since time keeps moving as I type). As such, this is a rational belief. 
It is of no consequence: beliefs can be rational or irrational.

You have failed to prove, except with circular reasoning, that belief requires uncertainty and that belief and knowledge are exclusive. You have failed to prove that belief is ignorance. You have failed to prove that belief is irrational. Therefore, your logic fails to undermine belief.
I don't try to undermine belief: knowledge does this naturally. I simply designate belief-in-and-of-itself as a property of satan, rather than of any all-knowing god who would all-knowingly know that it takes a believer to ever believe evil is good (without the need to define them, which is the problem-in-and-of-itself according to Genesis 2:17).

I also have an interesting point for you. I am going to take the position that certainty is impossible. Thus, by your definition, knowledge is impossible, and belief is the only possibility. Here is my case.
Will try it.

There is no way to be certain that logic is valid. We can divide any possible argument into the two categories of logical and illogical. Since anything that is not logical is by definition illogical, and vice versa, these are the only two possible categories. My argument follows inevitably from these simple and indisputable premises.
P1: Every argument is either logical or illogical.
It's not necessarily true: it can be both. Argumentation exists that tries to reconcile them.

P2: Any attempt to use logic to prove that logic is valid is circular, because the use of logic presumes that logic is valid.
Okay, but nobody is trying to prove logic is 'valid'. Believers likewise presume that belief is 'valid'.

C1: It is impossible to use logic to prove that logic is valid.
It is also impossible to use the Torah/Bible/Qur'an to prove that the Torah/Bible/Qur'an are valid.

P3: Any attempt to use illogic to prove that logic is valid is inherently contradictory.
I don't recognize your use of illogic and is undefined.

C2: It is impossible to use illogic to prove the validity of logic.
It is possible to use knowledge to prove the invalidity of belief.

C3: Because of P1, C1, and C2, there is no possible argument that can prove that logic is valid.
I wouldn't want to.

I am extremely interested in seeing your response to this argument.
I hope I didn't disappoint.

Of course, I myself make the assumption that logic is valid, since it is impossible to make any sense of the world otherwise. However, I cannot prove that my assumption is correct, which is the point I'm making.
I do not assume that logic is valid. For example:

P =/= P
P = (-)P or (+)P
P = *P

Which emphatically calls for the designation that P =/= P, but rather there is a basic variability intrinsic to P that is set as a variable from the onset.
AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@PGA2.0
I apologize but I am no longer responding to walls of text. So I played Russian Roulette and picked one:

The Second Adam - Jesus Christ - is the scapegoat for sin. The sin of the world (for all those who believe in Him) was placed on Him. Jesus, the historical Person took upon Himself the punishment for believers. He is the ONLY ONE who could meet the righteous requirements of God on behalf of the sinner.  

But the goat on which the lot for the scapegoat ...
You are correct: Jesus Christ is a scapegoat for sin. In the same way Adam scapegoats his own iniquity onto others, others scapegoat their own iniquities onto Jesus Christ. It is the same as the original sin.

Again: it takes a believer to believe scapegoating ones own sins onto another is a "holy" act.

This is not different from Canaanite sacrificial cults that spilled blood for the atonement of sins (of the tribe).

Both Christianity and Islam spread by the sword: they both utilize "mercy upon mankind" male central figure idols thus, I'm sorry but I find such to be pure idol worship, and absolutely contrary to even the ten commandments re: false testimonies and graven images in the heavens. Such commandments seem designated to protect a person from ever falling victim and succumbing to an idolatrous cult taking men as idols.

PGA2.0
PGA2.0
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
I apologize, but I am not interested in spending more time responding to your texts.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
1. I do not treat merriam-webster as any authority on definitions of words/language.
Irrelevant. They are not the only dictionary to have a definition like that, and they have that definition in there because that is how many people use it.
2. The definition you provided relies on further substantiations viz. "examination of evidence" thus is incomplete and not self-contained.
How is it incomplete simply because it includes the examination of evidence? That does not follow.
3. To convict while containing degrees of uncertainty would definitely be an ignorant act,
If true, this would render the justice system completely inoperable, since they can never have a 100% certainty that the accused is guilty. That is why they operate by establishing the facts beyond reasonable doubt rather than absolute certainty.
especially if convicting others for the crimes of self (!).
What does this have to do with anything?
4. It is possible to both believe in, and know: gravity, but "believing" in gravity is redundant, as gravity "acts" anyways. So does the gravity associated with any/all belief-based ignorance(s) that take ignorance(s) as knowledge(s), such as books to be perfect, inimitable, unaltered, inerrant etc. It doesn't matter if a person believes in a truth or not: its efficacy is the same. Knowledge always negates belief-based ignorance(s).
True, but not all belief is based on ignorance. You admit yourself that beliefs can be rational.
0 + 1 - 2 + 2 - 1 = 0: I am willing to BELIEVE *not to* (any/all) KNOW <-*it takes a believer to believe evil is good (ie. satanic)
What is the point of the equations? They don't seem to accomplish anything that couldn't be done more clearly without them. Also, why do you keep saying "it takes a believer to believe evil is good"? That is a truism that proves nothing, and no one is saying otherwise. Why continue to repeat it?
It is when a belief is taken as a definite: my belief is definitely true!
Yes, but that is only relevant when someone is saying "My belief is true because I believe it," and it is only true if beliefs require ignorance and/or uncertainty, something that, despite repeating it over and over again, you have failed to prove.
Such an utterance would be ignorant-in-and-of-itself. If something is in a state of 'definitely true' it requires not belief, but rather acknowledgement.
True, but that acknowledgement is one meaning or type of belief. It doesn't matter if you don't like it; it doesn't matter if you say that beliefs must be based on uncertainty; it doesn't matter whether you accept it or kick and scream. That is a legitimate meaning of the word, and the only argument you have presented to the contrary is completely circular.
belief-in-and-of-itself is the agency required to ever confuse one-with-the-other, therefor satan must necessarily require it to confuse evil and good.
This does not follow.
How can both god and satan require belief if they are opposites?
How can both black and white require belief if they are opposites? The answer is simple: because black and white and God and Satan are not opposites in every respect. Black and white are opposites in color; however, it would be illogical to say that they must be opposites in everything, because that would require that one existed and the other didn't. Similarly, God and Satan are not opposites in every respect.
Also, what do you mean by "require belief"?
I don't try to undermine belief: knowledge does this naturally.
Only if we accept your limited definition of belief, which you have only substantiated with circular reasoning. When you say "belief," you can mean that it requires uncertainty. However, that has no bearing on the rest of us who don't use that definition. When we say "belief", you don't get to impose your definition on us. If it was a word that had a very technical and established definition like assault rifle or third-degree murder, you would have a good case; however, it isn't. There are multiple definitions for belief, and you have provided no justification for why we should consider the one you present as the only valid definition.
I simply designate belief-in-and-of-itself as a property of satan
This is a textbook case of an unsubstantiated assertion. Yes, you designate it as such; however, it makes absolutely no difference in reality.
It's not necessarily true: it can be both. Argumentation exists that tries to reconcile them.
Any argument trying to reconcile logical reasoning and illogical reasoning would be inherently illogical. It's either logical or it isn't.
Okay, but nobody is trying to prove logic is 'valid'.
You're missing the point. My point is that, since you can't be absolutely certain that logic is valid, you can't be absolutely certain of anything, since being certain of something would require being able to logically prove it. Thus, knowledge defined as something known to be absolutely certain is impossible.
Believers likewise presume that belief is 'valid'.
On the contrary, not all believers simply presume that their beliefs are valid. You're confusing believers with presuppositionalists, and most people can't even spell that, let alone take it as a philosophical position.
It is also impossible to use the Torah/Bible/Qur'an to prove that the Torah/Bible/Qur'an are valid.
Agreed. I cringe inwardly when I see someone try to use the Bible to prove the Bible or their definition of belief to prove their definition of belief. I'm not trying to be rude, but you are doing the same thing.
I don't recognize your use of illogic and is undefined.
Correct. It isn't technically a word, so I should have defined what I meant. Illogic would be the opposite of logic or an illogical argument.
It is possible to use knowledge to prove the invalidity of belief.
Only if we use your limited definition of belief that you have only substantiated with circular reasoning.
I wouldn't want to.
Nor would I. It's both impossible and pointless, since there is no one who says it isn't valid (that I know of).
I hope I didn't disappoint.
You didn't. Actually, your response was interesting and not what I expected - which doesn't say anything because I didn't know what to expect, but still.
I do not assume that logic is valid.
This is the interesting part of your response. What do you mean? If you don't assume that logic is valid, then would it be possible for logic to not apply in some circumstances? If so, what would that look like? I'm genuinely curious.
Which emphatically calls for the designation that P =/= P, but rather there is a basic variability intrinsic to P that is set as a variable from the onset.
But if it's a variable and it can mean different things on different sides of the equation, then those equations could still be logical.

AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@SirAnonymous
Hello SirAnonymous,

Please forgive my approach to your response: rather than engage in wall-to-wall, I will attempt to find order by fixating on your most enthusiastic response:

This is the interesting part of your response. What do you mean? If you don't assume that logic is valid, then would it be possible for logic to not apply in some circumstances? If so, what would that look like? I'm genuinely curious.
As a response to my earlier:

And beg your suffering my wiping-clean and beginning from this single point.

Please freely apply ones own understanding of 'logic' to this thought experiment:

Start with nothing.
Let a universe exist - if so willing one can use this one.
Call the universe 'that I am' and let it be otherwise unknown.
Let a being "I am" exist in/of 'that I am'.
Query: if 'that I am' is an unknown universe,
can "I am" infer 'that I am'
if "I am" is also unknown
unto/by itself ?

From a mathematical point of view:
P is unknown: a variable.
Therefor, P = P is intrinsically invalid
because it ignores (ie. self-defeats)
that P is a variable. I will clarify this soon.

Let this variable P = "I am"

"I think, therefor I am"
-Descartes
Notice how Descartes identifies himself by way of his own thought:
i. one can not think less they exist, and
ii. one can not possibly think less: having knowingly
been born in the mind as the thought:
"I think (therefor) I am!"
therefor this utterance of Descartes is absurd.

Try:

I think, therefor I know I am able to think.
Which acknowledges both:
i. conscious acknowledgement of self
ii. ability of self
but notice it is still lacking severing one from their own thought-process. Try:

I think not, knowing I am willing not to think...
duly followed by any/all cessation of thought. This accomplishes much:
i. severs from ones own thought-process
ii. conscious acknowledgement of self
iii. ability of self / full command of will

Thus deriving a fully consciously justified knowledge absent belief: to know one is not thinking.

Now try:

I believe not, knowing I am willing not to believe...
and find the same.

The point to be made from all of this:

I do not assume that logic is valid, because I find modern use of the term 'logic' to be invalid on its own terms:

P = P is invalid.

Try:

I think I am...
I think (therefor!) I am...
I believe I am...
I hope I am...
I assume I am...
etc.

and find that they are all relatively ignorant to:

I know I am...
I know not to believe I am something/anything I am not...
therefor P must have a variable nature esp. in time:

P =/= P
P = +P or -P
P = *P

which clarifies why I do not take 'logic' as 'valid' because it removes unknown variable from itself (!) which is a blunder of Western "thought".

Thus 'know thy self' is absolutely valid: one can not possibly know of any god less they know something of themselves whence to know of such a god. Therefor, to "believe" in ones self is the 'state' necessarily to merely be ignorant of ones own self: to believe ones self to be something they are not, rather than knowing they are not.

To be, or not to be...
In the same way Descartes was fixed to his own thought-process, "believers" are rooted in a practical ignorance(s) of themselves.

I believe I am... = Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil merely "believing" to know but being dead wrong
I know I am... = Tree of Living Forever

thus belief is the root of all suffering/death, because an all-knowing god would know it takes a believer to believe evil is good.

How do I know that?
How do believers not know that?

They have no conscious knowledge of their own ignorance, hence the theorem behind this work: Conscious Knowledge of Ignorance (Inference) Theorem which derives the real identities of the two Edenic trees and clarifies suffering/death as owing solely to: belief to know good/evil.

ABC'S of GOOD and EVIL
A believes B is evil.
B believes A is evil.
A&B annihilate
C knows both knew not from which tree they ate.
I therefor condemn any/all "believer vs. unbeliever" conflict(s) as being necessarily ignorant including the designation/persecution of "unbelievers" relative to a particular "belief"-based ideology, because CKIIT finds that the hundreds of millions of people dead are dead due to the exact singular reason alluded to in the warning of Genesis 2:17

GENESIS 2:17
ומעץ הדעת טוב ורע לא תאכל ממנו כי ביום אכלך ממנו מות תמות
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
I hope this has clarified my position and contention to belief-in-and-of-itself.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
Query: if 'that I am' is an unknown universe,
can "I am" infer 'that I am'
if "I am" is also unknown
unto/by itself ?
This is akin to saying, "If blue is 'three men planting daisies in a cornfield,' can we infer that the sky is not blue?" Maybe we can, but there is no reason to believe that blue is three men planting daisies in a cornfield or that "that I am" is an unknown universe. There is no logical justification for either statement.
Notice how Descartes identifies himself by way of his own thought:
i. one can not think less they exist, and
ii. one can not possibly think less: having knowingly
been born in the mind as the thought:
"I think (therefor) I am!"
therefor this utterance of Descartes is absurd.
You say it is absurd, but the points i and ii that you provide support his point. You don't show how it's absurd. However, I don't know what this has to do with anything.
I think, therefor I know I am able to think.
And if you know you are able to think, then you are. This is merely restating Descartes' claim without the inevitable conclusion. If you are able to think, then you must exist. You think, therefore you know you are able to think, therefore you are. Your statement merely adds an intermediate step.
Which acknowledges both:
i. conscious acknowledgement of self
ii. ability of self
but notice it is still lacking severing one from their own thought-process.
Again, you are merely restating Descartes' ideas in different words. The "I am" part was a conscious acknowledgement of self. His statement did not sever him from his own thought process. Rather, it relied on them not being severed, because he knew he existed because he could think. He did not separate them; rather, he united them. If one, then necessarily the other. 
duly followed by any/all cessation of thought. This accomplishes much:
i. severs from ones own thought-process
ii. conscious acknowledgement of self
iii. ability of self / full command of will

Thus deriving a fully consciously justified knowledge absent belief: to know one is not thinking.
You can't sever yourself from your own thought process or cease thinking except by going to sleep. No matter what you do, your brain activity continues, and your thought continues. In order to know one is not thinking, you would have to have the thought that you aren't thinking. You can't know without thought. It is an impossible divide. However, I don't really see the point of any of this. What are you trying to say?
I believe not, knowing I am willing not to believe...
and find the same.
And the same thing applies. In order to will something, you have to think it. Once again, though, I don't see that it's even worth disagreeing about, because there doesn't seem to be any point to all of this.
I do not assume that logic is valid, because I find modern use of the term 'logic' to be invalid on its own terms:

P = P is invalid.
This statement is still logical because of this:
P is unknown: a variable.
Therefor, P = P is intrinsically invalid
because it ignores (ie. self-defeats)
that P is a variable.
If P is a variable that can have different values on different sides of the equation, then that is still logical. It's unusual and mathematical gibberish, but it isn't contradictory.
and find that they are all relatively ignorant to:
I know I am...
I know not to believe I am something/anything I am not...
But you don't show how they're ignorant. You just "find" them to be.
P1: First set of statements
P2: ???
C: The first set of statements is ignorant compared to the second set of statements.
which clarifies why I do not take 'logic' as 'valid' because it removes unknown variable from itself (!) which is a blunder of Western "thought".
It removes unknown variable from itself. It removes unknown variable from itself. It removes unknown variable from itself.
I feel dumb just writing it. This statement has no meaning in the given context. You never explained how your equations proved this. You never explained why this is a blunder. You never showed that Western thought includes this blunder. You never even showed there is such a thing as Western thought or what that could be. This is gibberish.
Thus 'know thy self' is absolutely valid:
Firstly, this isn't what that phrase means, but I'll let that slide since you aren't using it in that sense.
Secondly, this does not in any way follow from your previous statements.
one can not possibly know of any god less they know something of themselves whence to know of such a god.
This does not follow from your previous statement.
In the same way Descartes was fixed to his own thought-process, "believers" are rooted in a practical ignorance(s) of themselves.
This is based on your previous statements, which do not follow from each other. This also relies on a large number of unsupported assertions, such as your faulty definition of a believer, which I addressed in previous comments.
I believe I am... = Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil merely "believing" to know but being dead wrong
I know I am... = Tree of Living Forever
Those two trees have objective definitions, and those are not it.
thus belief is the root of all suffering/death,
This does not follow from your previous statements. It relies on the absolutely ludicrous, unsupported, and in fact insupportable idea that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is equivalent to "I believe I am," which itself does not follow from your previous statements, and those statements don't follow from the statements before them, etc.
 an all-knowing god would know it takes a believer to believe evil is good.
You never even attempted to explain why a believer believes that evil is good. This does not follow. Furthermore, this statement is utterly meaningless. It is a truism. It takes a believer to believe, period. No one that I know of other than Satanists believe that evil is good. This could not be more irrelevant. I don't understand why you keep repeating this phrase as though it actually has some profound or important meaning.
They have no conscious knowledge of their own ignorance
This is also an unsupported and insupportable statement.
Conscious Knowledge of Ignorance (Inference) Theorem which derives the real identities of the two Edenic trees
There is no "real identity" of the Edenic trees other than that of being the Edenic trees. This is complete and glaringly obvious hogwash.
I therefor condemn any/all "believer vs. unbeliever" conflict(s) as being necessarily ignorant
The conflict is necessarily ignorant? Is that a typo? Conflicts can't be ignorant or knowledgeable. This is gibberish.
including the designation/persecution of "unbelievers" relative to a particular "belief"-based ideology
Persecution and designation are relative to ideologies. What?
CKIIT finds that the hundreds of millions of people dead are dead due to the exact singular reason alluded to in the warning of Genesis 2:17
Congratulations. You have reached the exact same conclusion that Jewish and Christian scholars have known for thousands of years. They didn't even have to write formulas. All they needed to do was read the Bible.
I hope this has clarified my position and contention to belief-in-and-of-itself.
I regret to say that it has done anything but. The more I try to understand what you're saying, the less sense it makes. I feel like one of the characters in the move Fiddler on the Roof when he tells someone, "That's not talking. That's babbling." Your statements don't follow from the ones before them. Your attempt to find the "real identities" of the Edenic trees is beyond ridiculous and is something I would expect to find in a parody of someone searching for a metaphor behind every word to find support for his end times prophecy pamphlet "20 reasons Christ will come back in '20." You never provide any clear definition of "belief-in-and-of-itself." You say Descartes' statement was absurd only to provide your own statements that are merely reworded versions saying the same thing, except that you give them a distinction without a difference. Quite frankly, your attempt to clarify your position pointlessly pontificated preposterous propositions paired with prolific and prevaricating prose. 

Tl;dr: What?

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
You say that God and Satan. are not different.

Then you say that satan is the inverse of God.

Not only are both of these claims mutually exclusive, but neither of these claims reflect what we teach.

AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@SirAnonymous
This is akin to saying, "If blue is 'three men planting daisies in a cornfield,' can we infer that the sky is not blue?" Maybe we can, but there is no reason to believe that blue is three men planting daisies in a cornfield or that "that I am" is an unknown universe. There is no logical justification for either statement.
It's not: blue is a known.
Of any unknown dipole conjugate (+)/(-) as (?)/(?) (ie. good/evil)
if one is known (?)/(+!) the other can be inferred (-!)/(+).

You say it is absurd, but the points i and ii that you provide support his point. You don't show how it's absurd. However, I don't know what this has to do with anything.
No they don't.

i. "I think, therefor I am" is backwards: "I am, therefor I (may) think".
ii. He was not knowingly born in the mind as a thought "I think (therefor!) I am".

It has to do with: identifying by-way-of thought/belief is ignorant-in-and-of-itself.

And if you know you are able to think, then you are. This is merely restating Descartes' claim without the inevitable conclusion. If you are able to think, then you must exist. You think, therefore you know you are able to think, therefore you are. Your statement merely adds an intermediate step.
"I think, therefor I am" is not an acknowledgement one is knowingly able to think knowing they are not their own thought.

Again, you are merely restating Descartes' ideas in different words. The "I am" part was a conscious acknowledgement of self. His statement did not sever him from his own thought process. Rather, it relied on them not being severed, because he knew he existed because he could think. He did not separate them; rather, he united them. If one, then necessarily the other. 
An idea/thought/belief is not a conscious justification of self.

i. I believe I am = lacking acknowledgement = ignorant-in-and-of-itself
ii. I know I am = acknowledgement = knowledge-in-and-of-itself

Any/all belief-based ignorance(s) exist in, and/or by way of i. and not ii.
Hence: two Edenic trees - it takes a believer to believe evil is good (without the need to define them).

You can't sever yourself from your own thought process or cease thinking except by going to sleep. No matter what you do, your brain activity continues, and your thought continues. In order to know one is not thinking, you would have to have the thought that you aren't thinking. You can't know without thought. It is an impossible divide. However, I don't really see the point of any of this. What are you trying to say?
If one identifies by way of their own thought process, they are effectively living in/as their own mind. Identifying with the mind is the archetypal struggle between good/evil religion attempts to address.

What it fails to address is that it takes a believer to believe evil is good from the onset because the religions themselves are belief-based ignorance.

My thought process is only active when I am willing to think about something: the conscience is distinct from mind/thought.

And the same thing applies. In order to will something, you have to think it. Once again, though, I don't see that it's even worth disagreeing about, because there doesn't seem to be any point to all of this.
So if one identifies by way of thought, and they have good/evil confused due to belief-based ignorance(s), the thought becomes an ongoing problem, hence the Edenic warning that it leads to certain death.

But you don't show how they're ignorant. You just "find" them to be.
P1: First set of statements
P2: ???
C: The first set of statements is ignorant compared to the second set of statements.
I did show by way of highlighting the lack of conscious acknowledgement of self and severance from ones own thought process.

It is because one already exists, one may think - not the other way around.

The order matters because the tautology is established with the thought "I think" rather than "I know I am (thinking, thus) able to think...". Being able to do something, and being-in-and-of-itself, are certainly distinct.

It removes unknown variable from itself. It removes unknown variable from itself. It removes unknown variable from itself.
I feel dumb just writing it. This statement has no meaning in the given context. You never explained how your equations proved this. You never explained why this is a blunder. You never showed that Western thought includes this blunder. You never even showed there is such a thing as Western thought or what that could be. This is gibberish.
Correct: your entire statement is gibberish.

P = P ignores/removes an intrinsic property of existential phenomena: the ability to orient/polarize.

The "real" root of P is either -P or +P: therefor *P
AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@SirAnonymous
Firstly, this isn't what that phrase means, but I'll let that slide since you aren't using it in that sense.
Secondly, this does not in any way follow from your previous statements.
It doesn't in your thought process because there is too much polarization (ie. enmity) and presently you can not see through it. It is a local boundary that will continue throughout the rest of your response, just highlighting from the onset.

Those two trees have objective definitions, and those are not it.
This statement reveals lack of understanding of the Edenic problem-in-and-of-itself.
They do not / can not have "objective definitions".

This does not follow from your previous statements. It relies on the absolutely ludicrous, unsupported, and in fact insupportable idea that the tree of the knowledge of good and evil is equivalent to "I believe I am," which itself does not follow from your previous statements, and those statements don't follow from the statements before them, etc.
Any/all belief-based ignorance(s) exist in and/or by way of belief-in-and-of-itself.

You never even attempted to explain why a believer believes that evil is good. This does not follow. Furthermore, this statement is utterly meaningless. It is a truism. It takes a believer to believe, period. No one that I know of other than Satanists believe that evil is good. This could not be more irrelevant. I don't understand why you keep repeating this phrase as though it actually has some profound or important meaning.
It's not relevant - but the reason is no conscious knowledge of ones own ignorance.

Believing to know (+) and being dead wrong...
Knowing not to (-) believe and being alive right...

All knowing negates all belief-based ignorance(s)
which exist in and/or by way of belief-in-and-of-itself.

The conflict is necessarily ignorant? Is that a typo? Conflicts can't be ignorant or knowledgeable. This is gibberish
The conflict is necessarily ignorant.

ABC's of GOOD and EVIL
A believes B is evil.
B believes A is evil
(A&B annihilate)
C knows neither knew from which tree they ate.

A&B are both relatively ignorant to C: conflicts can/are be knowledgeable or ignorant.

Persecution and designation are relative to ideologies. What?
Ideologies identify themselves as "believers" thus designate all others as "unbelievers".

Us vs. Them
Believer vs. Unbeliever
etc.

The problem is belief-in-and-of-itself.
It has a knowledge-in-and-of-itself solution.

Congratulations. You have reached the exact same conclusion that Jewish and Christian scholars have known for thousands of years. They didn't even have to write formulas. All they needed to do was read the Bible.
They don't know the problem, thus the solution, thus why hundreds of millions of people are dead and women are being abused.

People in a state of enmity typically do not see the gravity of problems that deal with something *other* than just themselves.

The theorem is designed to undermine the conflict entirely - do you have a problem with that, or do you prefer war? Please be clear so we can know what you are truly motivated by/for.

I regret to say that it has done anything but. The more I try to understand what you're saying, the less sense it makes.
It scales locally with enmity: it is a blinding agent. It follows from the original sin.

Your statements don't follow from the ones before them.
Your attempt to find the "real identities" of the Edenic trees is beyond ridiculous and is something I would expect to find in a parody of someone searching for a metaphor behind every word to find support for his end times prophecy pamphlet "20 reasons Christ will come back in '20."
You never provide any clear definition of "belief-in-and-of-itself."
You say Descartes' statement was absurd only to provide your own statements that are merely reworded versions saying the same thing, except that you give them a distinction without a difference. Quite frankly,
your attempt to clarify your position pointlessly pontificated preposterous propositions paired with prolific and prevaricating prose.

Enmity leads to: ad hominem (ie. 'idol worship'). It defines the definite boundary of any given *P.

Pigs whine and squeal (+P)
Sheep tend to flock
Goats climb mountains (-P)

Mopac:

Not only are both of these claims mutually exclusive, but neither of these claims reflect what we teach.
The first claim does not reflect what anything I ever said.

Conjugates can be antithetical, yes.
In the case of Satan/God,
belief-based-ignorance / knowledge-negating belief
are conjugates: one is the denial of the other.

Please do not attempt to put words in mouths: prompt the person to confirm what may / may not have been said.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@AGnosticAgnostic
You literally said "The root of P is either -P or +P: they are equal counter-parts.
God and Satan are not different" in post 102.

I don't appreciate your implication that I am engaging with you deceitfully.

AGnosticAgnostic
AGnosticAgnostic
-->
@Mopac
You literally said "The root of P is either -P or +P: they are equal counter-parts.
Yes: regarding the nature/condition
of (-P and +P)
(as in: conjugate reciprocal):
God and Satan are not different,
they are both equal counter-parts.
One is the denial of the other.

My intention was to indicate
What -P is to God, +P is to Satan.

-P is all-knowing of all not to believe (ie. approaches any all-knowing god)
+P is all belief-based ignorance(s) leading to all satanic confusion of good/evil

I don't appreciate your implication that I am engaging with you deceitfully.
I was not / am not able to discern whether or not there is genuine confusion or attempt to deceitfully decontextualize.

You say:

despite it being the reverse order:

then followed by:

Not only are both of these claims mutually exclusive (?), but neither of these claims reflect what we teach.
leaves me begging:

1. Who is "we"?
2. What do we "teach"?
3. Why ought "such matter"?