Don't worry. I'm fine.

Btw, what do you think about my new drawing :3

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
I DM'd him
I only just read your PM, given the post I was writing.

And yes, I am happy to apologize if anyone felt wronged by my statement. It was meant as a joke, and it's intent was never to cause distress, harm, or discomfort. 
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@bsh1
It isn't about free speech.

1) You are now tripling down on what was NOT an appropriate thing to say to a high schooler.

2) You are a moderator, and thus held to a higher standard.

Just admit it was wrong and that you wouldn't feel comfortable if I told your 16 year old cousin that I was daddy telling her to bend over
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Debates: 0
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@bsh1
If you felt that my remark to you was inappropriate or harassing, I encourage you to report it to Castin or Speed. They would have the purview to make decisions in this case.

"As the moderator of this site, acknowledging that you are a minor, if you felt uncomfortable by what I said, please report my comment to another moderator I have hired under the moderation team that I am a part of. If you were hurt by what I said (whilst I am not apologizing for what I said), then YOLO LOL I guess I am sorry." 
Castin
Castin
-->
@PressF4Respect
Well, in our hyper-PC culture I've been trying to live by the rule of never being more offended by a remark than the person the remark was actually made to. So, Press, you all good man?

Annie_ESocialBookworm
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@DebateArt.com
@bsh1
A 16 year old does not need to be sheltered.

I understand your objection. And I understand why you are objecting. But I think your approaching this from a moral perspective that is far more prudish than my own. Let's not pretend that you are the final arbiter of morality here.
I am not going to respond to the absolute BS devoid of remorse that you just posted. The fact that a minor may have more dirty jokes than you, a 24-year-old, does not make it okay to engage in sexual talks with them. Furthermore, I am glad you clarified that BDSM =/= rape, but I would like to remind you that a 24 y/o engaging in BDSM with a 16 y/0 qualifies as statutory rape. It is not up to you what a 16 y/o should be sheltered from or not, and I am honestly both livid and disappointed. I thought you grew up since the days of DDO, but clearly you haven't. I hope DebateArt.com is happy with his choice of moderator. 

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
We did not choose him just for your info...not trying to be rude or diss anyone, for I remain Switzerland
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
Any sexual contact with children under the age of 18 is illegal, as well as aiding, abetting, enticing or encouraging such activity. This isn't a free speech issue. If I told a girl I wanted to rape her, that would be a threat, not free speech. Similarly, talking to underage kids about 'bending them over' is a form of grooming and corruption of minors, not free speech.
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Castin
Well, in our hyper-PC culture I've been trying to live by the rule of never being more offended by a remark than the person the remark was actually made to. So, Press, you all good man?
man? MAN!? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME MY GENDER!!!

*SEETHES HEAVILY*

I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I IDENTIFY AS A GIANT SEQUOIA AND THAT MY PRONOUNS ARE IT/REEEEEEEEEE

YOU HAVE JUST OFFENDED ME BEYOND ALL REPROACH

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

YOU MUST STEP DOWN IMMEDIATELY FOR THIS INJUSTICE

>:((

#FEELINGSDONTCAREABOUTYOURFACTS
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@Vader
We did not choose him just for your info...not trying to be rude or diss anyone, for I remain Switzerland

Lol thanks. I know you didn't choose him, but DebateArt.com is Mike, right? He's the one who appointed bsh, if I recall correctly, and is the one I was referencing in my last post. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@bsh1
Well I guess we're now even
ResurgetExFavilla
ResurgetExFavilla
-->
@bsh1
But what I said was not an intimation of rape
Sex between a child under the age of 18 and a 24 year old is rape. Jesus Christ, do you really need that explained?
RationalMadman
Debates: 565
RationalMadman
I will like to refer you guys to a post I made last October:

This team is optimal:

HM Virtuoso
DM/VM Bsh1
Castin (forums) Tejretics (votes)

This team is beyond optimal:

HM RM
DM/VM Virtuoso
M Those 3.

I would also like to note that since then bsh1 has become a far less satisfactory and thus more disposable member of the team, consistently snowballing himself towards defeat. Let's put the nail in the coffin and get virt in his rightful position, the rest will follow. Trust me.
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@PressF4Respect
Well I guess we're now even

?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
Correct
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@bsh1
I'm 16, and you made a joke about "bending me over"

I remember (forgot where the exact post was) you self-identifying as one of the LGBTQIA2+ genders, and I made a gender joke:
I IDENTIFY AS A GIANT SEQUOIA AND THAT MY PRONOUNS ARE IT/REEEEEEEEEE
In the eyes of society, they're equally heinous, hence, we are even.

Castin
Castin
-->
@PressF4Respect
man? MAN!? HOW DARE YOU ASSUME MY GENDER!!!

*SEETHES HEAVILY*

I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT I IDENTIFY AS A GIANT SEQUOIA AND THAT MY PRONOUNS ARE IT/REEEEEEEEEE

YOU HAVE JUST OFFENDED ME BEYOND ALL REPROACH

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

YOU MUST STEP DOWN IMMEDIATELY FOR THIS INJUSTICE

>:((

#FEELINGSDONTCAREABOUTYOURFACTS
ROFL

Castin
Castin
-->
@Vader
So u come here to talk diss on bsh, but not read my fanfic

shame shame
Aw. Yeah your fic premier kinda got destroyed by the drama train, didn't it. Once the sharks smelled blood, it was doomed.

Well I'mma go over to the other thread and try to give you some actual fic feedback.
Vader
Vader
Yay
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Just read this. I have no idea how I missed this. Please PM me with concerns.

I can't even express how I'm feeling right now.
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@Speedrace
I can't even express how I'm feeling right now.

"Chill out; it's just a fanfic." - TheHammer

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Annie_ESocialBookworm
About bsh
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Those who have entered this thread and taking this lightly make me sick If I made the same comment to a 16 year old girl I would be crucified. In fact outside of bsh1 anybody on the site would practically be crucified. What makes me sicker is that we all make mistakes. That was one unacceptable in a position of authority.  I have been the general manager if a fast food chain and worked with plenty of 16 year olds, and I would have had my life destroyed for saying anything like that. When in a position of authority, you need to be aware of the imbalance of power and choose your words wisely. You need to be aware 16 year olds are vulnerable and easy to manipulate and act respectfully.  The worst part of this is that BSH1 has yet to apologize. Even in stepping down he does not say "I'm sorry" . He is playing the victim , when he is far from it
bsh1
bsh1
I absolutely did apologize. Everything else you said is, of course, correct. From my resignation thread:

I wish first to apologize to anyone hurt or disappointed by my actions, esp. Press.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I felt bad at first because I thought you made a small mistake and they over reacted. My opposition to you is mostly for fun not serious, but you still have not owned it. "YOU ARE SORRY IF WE ARE HURT BY YOUR ACTIONS" 

The correct apology is. "HEY LOOK GUYS. I made a mistake. Whether somebody was hurt or not, I behaved inappropriately . I was wrong. You are apologizing for how people feel about your actions instead of apologizing for your actions. Don't apologize if it is insincere.  Also you are a valuable member here mod or not, but you need to acknowledge you are human and that you make mistakes, and not try to dodge this by apologizing for how other are "hurt" or disappointed. If nobody was hurt and if everyone were proud of you, then it would still be the right thing to accept responsibility. So I am asking you. Please stay. Please apologize. Please step down. You are among friends and we are disappointed but we want to move on and grow from this. Nobody can forgive you until you own it though

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
If you are quoting my resignation thread, you misquoted me.

I said, "to" anyone hurt...esp. Press. I did not say "if." I accept the absolute wrongness of what I did, and I apologize to anyone impacted, because it is those who were impacted that most deserve that apology. 

Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I'm sorry if I misrepresented you. I know you will need a break. I take them myself. Come back when you are done. Just have virt give you a temp ban so you have the option. We all fuck up. No buggy 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
Also unban the hammer before you step down, if you don't mind doing us all a solid
Wylted
Wylted
It is tradition that an authority in a position of power Grant's pardons before his tenure is up. Bush did it. Clinton did it. Obama did it. 

#unbantheham
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Wylted
Clemency. Might as well.