Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 68
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
He used this strat to change this up because of your post you made
Rephrase because I don't know what you said here. 
You made a whole thread about why locking the post was terrible and a lapse in judgement.
If it wasn't clear what I said you should've asked. My moral look on what occurred doesn't matter and what I said in #1 applies no moral judgment. It is saying Speedrace did an unprecedented thing. Values thread locking over suspending users who personal attack or threaten and an inconsistency without justification.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
Comment #58?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It was not Speed who suggested the locking, it was Ragnar who suggested, but Speed enforced it by actually locking
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Harikrish
Ahh I knew it
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@TheRealNihilist
in light of protest against a mere thread locking
Has this ever been done before excluding spam threads?
I am pretty sure call Out threads have been locked many times, so yes, threads other than Spam threads have been locked.

Is there current rules that state you are able to do this because when bsh1 I don't remember him doing such a thing? 
First, Bsh1 is not part of the current moderation team.
Second, it is unclear if you are trying to rehash your complaints about threads being locked (with the stated option for them to be unlocked if anyone were to have requested such...), or raise a new complaint with decision to censor a post and issue a warning. If the former, the AMA thread would be a better place for such discussion. If the latter, please let me know what your preferred course of action would have been; as we are quite open to feedback.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Barney
I am pretty sure call Out threads have been locked many times, so yes, threads other than Spam threads have been locked.
Guess I forgot about them. Wasn't there a precedent already put in place? I don't know if people were aware beforehand that if you specifically call out someone in a thread negatively it would be banned. Mainly because I think bsh1 was doing it before I was here.
Second, it is unclear if you are trying to rehash your complaints about threads being locked (with the stated option for them to be unlocked if anyone were to have requested such...), or raise a new complaint with decision to censor a post and issue a warning.
Let me clarify. What rules were broken in the thread that resulted in the thread being locked?
If the former, the AMA thread would be a better place for such discussion.
I'll ask the same question there then. 
If the latter, please let me know what your preferred course of action would have been; as we are quite open to feedback.
Make people aware that thread locking can occur without it being a callout thread, spam thread or a moderator thread that is intended to be locked.
Just to make sure people are unaware. Message the person privately or publicly about a violation and if it persists then decide how to punish the user.  
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
What did Harikrish say? I missed it.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Christen
What did Harikrish say? I missed it.
The same things he says all the time. Basically he posted the same dumb racist spam over and over. Just look at any post of his. You didn't miss much.