DDO looks normal again- are you going to use it?

Author: linate

Total: 44
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
I thought Shab was joking. Now I'm questioning it.
Barney
Debates: 50
Barney
-->
@linate
To use an analogy: A woman says her abuser has changed because he hasn't yet thrown her down a flight of stairs this month... To trust that bad behavior will not repeat itself, would call for some fundamental change, of which there has been none.
Jhhillman
Debates: 1
Jhhillman
Even if this problem is fixed god only knows what the next cataclysm will be.
sadolite
sadolite
I think this site is destined to be issued a cease and desist order or sued for theft of copyright and intellectual property. Just sayin.

Logical-Master
Debates: 6
Logical-Master
-->
@sadolite
Copyright and intellectual property rights suits cost money. Money Juggle apparently can't even spare to fix basic forum message board bugs.

sadolite
sadolite
-->
@Logical-Master
Juggle is a consortium of many internet businesses. Consortiums will hold small businesses and run them at a loss for the tax write off. If there was any chance that DDO was a money maker wich it never was, they would spend money on it. The ads you see are there because DDO is part of the consortium. When advertisers buy ad space they use the phony 5000 user number to convince advertisers more eyes are seeing their adds. There are many websites under Juggles control. They just add the user lists together and say, look at all the people who visit our sites combined. DDO is a tax write off. But just because they don't care to service the site doesn't mean they don't care about their copyrights. They may be lying in wait to pounce if this site starts accepting advertising. Business tactics 101.

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Logical-Master
If i was him i would wait until this site starts generating money then sue for intellectual property damages... that's what most do. At this point, he can just sue and make him change or stop using this format or stop the site. Once the site starts making money, there will also be monetary damages he could sue for... That is only if DDO is properly protected by filing everything for copyright and patents for the design... if he even owns those rights. But if he does, I've worked on a couple copyright cases and usually the person waits until there is some sort of monetary damages they can win so if he is a business guy he will likely wait to pounce.      
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@sadolite
Lol... yep. You know what's up too. 
Logical-Master
Debates: 6
Logical-Master
-->
@Outplayz
@sadolite
Not to offend this website (as it's a fine website), but I don't see it generating the kind of money that would make it worth even paying the upfront retainer fee (much less funding discovery, pre-trial motions and the trial itself) anytime soon. Not to mention collecting the judgment after DDA has long declared bankruptcy and transferred its assets elsewhere. No way!

Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Logical-Master
That could be the chance this site is taking, and who knows... it can work out just fine. Plus, suing for patent would be hard. But what i do know from my experience is that DDO has this site dead to rights on copyright. It would be an easy win. And, with easy wins come lawyers, like my lawyers, that take cases on contingency... therefore, costing him very little if anything. Furthermore, you can petition the court for the losing party to pay attorney fees. Depending on the state the action gets filed, that might also be a sure thing bc copyright infringement, under certain rules, has attorney's fees included in the damages awarded. There are many factors, but in the end of the day, i would call this a more than average risk i personally wouldn't take in monetizing. Usually, things like copyright infringement, have a more passionate clientele. And let me tell you.. nothing pisses a content creator off more than someone stealing their idea or work and profiting from it.    
David
Debates: 92
David
Juggle seems to be a shit company to work for also

SamStevens
SamStevens
-->
@linate
lol 13 days later, it still looks like a total ghost town, broken reply function, everything is a mess. 
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
I prefer DDO. I would use it if there was activity. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
-->
@David
Whoever Hutch is, he seems like a top tier facilities manager.