Total: 132
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
Info*
Lunatic
Lunatic
There has never been a hated town in mafia that I remember where they become unhated last day phase. Id be willing to buy it if max claimed it off the bat but it seems you changed the mechablnic when you realized balance implications.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Your game was balanced though. You didnt need to change maxs role for that. We should not have vtnled on dp7 with knowledge of maxs role. so that was our bad. I likely would have lynched him anyway I townread speed more.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
You're making baseless accusations. The role cop got the information after max did. I've never (that I recall) seen hated in a game, be it where the hated-ness is stripped away or not. Max got the information with plenty of time before LYLO and before the role cop did.

I do know that that's at least semi-common practice for popular. As the opposite of popular, I figured hated is the same.

I don't appreciate accusations of changing the role mid-game, especially when you have no legitimate reason to believe as much.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
Your game was balanced though.

Would like feedback from others on this, appreciate yours. I had balanced it (with review) for ten when three more signed up and I had to adapt it. Hoping it was decently balanced.

Was going to have Toby as a 3P alien survivor.
Lunatic
Lunatic
You're making baseless accusations. The role cop got the information after max did. I've never (that I recall) seen hated in a game, be it where the hated-ness is stripped away or not. Max got the information with plenty of time before LYLO and before the role cop did.
I do know that that's at least semi-common practice for popular. As the opposite of popular, I figured hated is the same.
It wasn't in Airmax's original role PM, it was a flavor that you added later on after seemingly discovering for yourself the balance implications of the role in the end game. Max's original role PM did not contain the information.

I will say I have never seen that modification though. Ever. Unless my memory is leaving me. And I have played in a lot of the same games of you on DDO. I know you play on other websites, maybe that's where you seen that variation? 

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Hated

Even the wiki talks about how this role is a problem during Lylo situations, and me and max last night were in a xbox live party talking about how in live mafia, hated townies are usually lynched early simply due to this negative utility status. 

I am not doubting that you have seen this change to the role, maybe you can link the games you saw this in?

I don't appreciate accusations of changing the role mid-game, especially when you have no legitimate reason to believe as much.
It is not an accusation, you literally changed the role mid-game. I am not sure I buy that you just automatically assumed people just "knew" this mechanic. In fact I call bullshit on that, otherwise you wouldn't have even bothered to clarify it to max. I made a mistake in my Bloodline mafia game a year ago, where I had a mafia janitor, and when the janitor died, I posted all the previous flips which screwed drafter over since he had used one of the claims as a fake claim (I was unaware of this because I was very inactive at the time and hadn't caught up on my own game). Point is I didn't clarify that in drafters role PM because it was something I just assumed, whereas you felt the need to clarify that later to airmax, meaning you thought there was a chance it wasn't assumed. I messed up with that, and in hindsight, I no longer agree that janitor flips should be revealed after a janitor dies.

Even if it was something you thought was assumed, you can't expect other players to automatically expect that variation in the role. Like I said, I can buy role variations, if airmax had claimed he was hated and that his role didn't work as hated in LYLO right off the bat when he claimed, I might have been willing to consider a case from him. But at the time he claimed, he did not know the information about his role not working in LYLO. He confirmed this with me in a party. There was no circumstance I would have bought his role changing mid-game like that, and no reason to believe I would just assume this was a mechanic. 

All this said, it doesn't matter. I don't think you should get offended by this, because I am not insinuating you are a bad mod, or anything like that. I think you did a great job overall, and that was a really minor hiccup that ultimately didn't impact anything. The inclusion of that variation if anything seemed like it was intended to help town. If that mechanic wasn't in place though, the game would have just ended Day Phase 6 anyway, because I was dumb and over-looked the hated mechanic when I decided to VTNL, so either way, I have responsibility for the loss. 
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@warren42
Would like feedback from others on this, appreciate yours. I had balanced it (with review) for ten when three more signed up and I had to adapt it. Hoping it was decently balanced.
For further clarification on balance, you did really well. I hope more mods follow suit with you in adding more vanillas in the game. On DDO there was a long period of mods over powering both sides like crazy. Town relied on investigative roles more than they cared about actual scum hunting. A couple of power roles for town, and a way for mafia to counter them seems more balanced, so you did well with that. 

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@warren42
Don't stress. I felt it was fairly balanced. There are plenty of roles that have mechanics that can change in the middle of a game. Regardless, the role PM should openly contain all such mechanics, whether or not they are commonly understood. But you seem to have remedied that before anyone would have noticed: max knew it well in advance of LYLO and before the rolecop copped him, so no one was particularly disadvantaged from this fact.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
I never said you take full blame
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@ILikePie5
(This is not a diss on Supa and SirAnnon but clearly mistakes were made which put Speed at an early disadvantage.)

Fam that's a huge diss. I did not play a good game bc I slipped up my visit, my play was not bad. GP was doing a shitty VTL troll on me and Pie was going to agree with bc Pie is literally Pie
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Vader
If it's a diss, we deserved it. Both of us messed up royally.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@warren42
I think the balance was good.