Buddas Beginner Series 1.3 "Sports Mafia" DP2

Author: Vaarka

Total: 103
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@David
After harder goes the next best lead is on me, and i was vt so no real way for me to avoid the noose. After i go,  town would be down to random lynching. No reason to not let the harder mislynch happen imo
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@Greyparrot
What did he want to do?
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Earth
RM? WHo knows, he completely avoided and ignored Mafia chat.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Smithereens
Yah, I wouldn't have let it get that far though. I wanted a normal game, not one where your partner suicides day 1.
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@Smithereens
@David
@smith - You get blamed for a lot of shit as a mod. You also receive a lot of mod-psych about stuff that clearly doesn't warrant it, which is always fun to watch (seriously, people will find any reason to mod psych you in hopes that they're getting behind-the-scenes information, and then call you a bastard mod for providing them with said "information"). It's dumb and annoying but it just sorta happens. What I wish is any sort of mod slip would be reported via PM instead of through the game. Unfortunately it's not always that way XP

@virt - I think the whole "always kill someone" thing is good for a big game, but considering the size of games here, just leave it be. If mafia doesn't want to NK, then they don't have to. It can be a strategy

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vaarka
Do mods force town to lynch in some games?
David
Debates: 92
David
-->
@Greyparrot
yes I’ve seen mods force a lynch 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@David
Yah, that's not a game I would participate in.
David
Debates: 92
David
Neither would I. 

I have seen mods let a lynch go through on plurality and not majority (ie whoever has the most votes is lynched regardles of votes)
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
-->
@Greyparrot
depends on the site or the mod. I don't
Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
-->
@Greyparrot
Yah, that's not a game I would participate in.
Forced lynching is a valid style of game design. There's a mode where the length of dp is uncompromising, and once the timer runs out the person with the most votes dies. It's called plurality and is useful if town wants to organise a double lynch. It can also backfire spectacularly and that's where the fun comes in. 
Buddamoose
Buddamoose
I dont mind some of the alternate methods of lynching. Like plurality isn't all that bad. Compulsory lynches or NK's just turn me off though. I tend to prefer seeking methods that leave the most choices in the hands of the players. Can see why the method would be attractive, cause well, the pressure and risk is heightened which is appealing even to me in certain areas too. Like, i've chosen permadeath mode in RPG's and survival games many a time. When it comes to mafia though, its meh.
RationalMadman
Debates: 564
RationalMadman
I got tricked by the formatting of my role description. I thought Gridiron's n was a football player tbph. Won't skim read next time. Greyparrot is angry because it was him who made me slip without saying a thing on chatzy.